Convexity and risk premium impacts on shape of term structure (FRM T5-08)

Sdílet
Vložit
  • čas přidán 12. 11. 2019
  • In this video, I'm going to try to illustrate all of the important ideas that are in Tuckman's Chapter 8: The Evolution of Short Rates and the Shape of the Term Structure. This chapter discusses the shape of the term structure and the key influences on the shape of the spot rate term structure. I'll start with pure expectations, where the term structure will reflect only expectations about the evolution of future spot rates, but that's going to be a naive theory. It might be convenient because we can say the term structure or spot race might be flat at 10%, but I'm not illustrating that here. I have non-flat curves, all of which are nonlinear because they incorporate the two influences on the shape of the term structure that is mathematically justified in Tuckman's Chapter eight. These are not easy ideas.
    💡 Discuss this video here in our forum: trtl.bz/2NPFxxV
    👉 Subscribe here / bionicturtl. .
    to be notified of future tutorials on expert finance and data science, including the Financial Risk Manager (FRM), the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), and R Programming!
    ❓ If you have questions or want to discuss this video further, please visit our support forum (which has over 50,000 members) located at bionicturtle.com/forum
    🐢 You can also register as a member of our site (for free!) at www.bionicturtle.com/register/
    📧 Our email contact is support@bionicturtle.com (I can also be personally reached at davidh@bionicturtle.com)
    For other videos in our Financial Risk Manager (FRM) series, visit these playlists:
    Texas Instruments BA II+ Calculator
    • Texas Instruments BA I...
    Risk Foundations (FRM Topic 1)
    • Risk Foundations (FRM ...
    Quantitative Analysis (FRM Topic 2)
    • Quantitative Analysis ...
    Financial Markets and Products: Intro to Derivatives (FRM Topic 3, Hull Ch 1-7)
    • Financial Markets and ...
    Financial Markets and Products: Option Trading Strategies (FRM Topic 3, Hull Ch 10-12)
    • Financial Markets and ...
    FM&P: Intro to Derivatives: Exotic options (FRM Topic 3)
    • FM&P: Intro to Derivat...
    Valuation and Risk Models (FRM Topic 4)
    • Valuation and RIsk Mod...
    Market Risk (FRM Topic 5) • Market Risk (FRM Topic 5)
    Coming Soon ....
    Credit Risk (FRM Topic 6)
    Operational Risk (FRM Topic 7)
    Investment Risk (FRM Topic 8)
    Current Issues (FRM Topic 9)
    For videos in our Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) series, visit these playlists:
    Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Level 1 Volume 1
    • Level 1 Chartered Fina...
    #bionicturtle #risk #financialriskmanager #FRM #finance #expertfinance
    Our videos carefully comply with U.S. copyright law which we take seriously. Any third-party images used in this video honor their specific license agreements. We occasionally purchase images with our account under a royalty-free license at 123rf.com (see www.123rf.com/license.php), and we also use free and purchased images from our account at canva.com (see about.canva.com/license-agree.... In particular, the new thumbnails are generated in canva.com. Please contact support@bionicturtle.com or davidh@bionicturtle.com if you have any questions, issues or concerns.

Komentáře • 13

• @rohangholam8270
    @rohangholam8270 Před 4 lety

That cleared many of my doubts !!
    Amazing explanation !!

• @excelisfun
    @excelisfun Před 4 lety +1

Thumbs up!!!!

• @thenivang
    @thenivang Před 4 lety +1

Hi David...Thanks for sharing the video.

• @bionicturtle
      @bionicturtle  Před 4 lety

You're welcome! Thank you for watching :)

• @xploit811
    @xploit811 Před 3 lety

Thank you very helpful. Do you have any videos on calculating gamma exposure at different option strike prices?

• @staristo2355
    @staristo2355 Před 4 lety +1

Are you doing ok? Haven't seen any new videos in a while. Great stuff! Surprised you don't have many more subscribers!

• @lenovolenovo6530
    @lenovolenovo6530 Před 4 lety +1

thanks for the very detailed explaination

• @rickyricardo75
    @rickyricardo75 Před 4 lety +1

hi, do you have a video on building a Risk Parity Portfolio? i can't find it in your channel

• @jaylev85
      @jaylev85 Před 3 lety

Not an instructor on here, just a peer: This isnt something that can usually be shown via a simple excel file (unless your developing with some automation and some VBA code, i.e. utilizing the Goal Seek function). Its an iterative process to align all the partial Beta's to be exactly proportional to partial expected returns. Lets say you have a portfolio with N securities, there is an ideal weight for each security where you are taking on more marginal risk for securities with higher expected returns. By doing so, the delta of your marginal sharpe ratio is = 1. (i.e. all marginal increases to the portfolio of 1 unit of reward will result in more than 1 unit of risk, all marginal decreases of 1 unit of risk will results in losing more than 1 unit of reward). Lets say your starting with a portfolio of N components each with W(i) arbitrary allocation, you can first approximate marginal VaR by calculating the Incremental VaR for each component which is similar to eff duration concept..basically each security you take the average of the Portfolio VaR for +/- 1bps change to that allocation. Then you need to figure out the w(i) of each security in the portfolio where the Expected Return (i) * Weight (i) / Margina VaR (i) are equal. Like I said...its iterative and time consuming. Using matrix math is the best approach to develop a vector of Cov(i,p), covariance of ith component relative to portfolio p.

• @jaylev85
    @jaylev85 Před 3 lety

Hello, I stumbled upon this channel when searching internet for some RM material. I am not familiar with GARP or FRM. Can someone comment and/or provide some clarity on what the value of this "FRM" certificate is? Anyone able to provide background in GARP beyond the limited info from their website. I am a practicing Actuary doing enterprise risk mgmt analysis in the Life/Annuity sector and I am very interested to find out more about this organization and the global recognition of this certificate. All the material discussed in this channel are the tools/foundation I use on a daily basis to perform my analysis. I am wondering why and/or if there is any collaboration between GARP and other Insurance/Risk Mgmt organizations that I am more familiar, such as SOA, CIA, RIMS, etc.

• @faustocant9381
    @faustocant9381 Před 4 lety

Thumbs up!!!!
    Could you please share the Excel, please?

• @nithyajayabalan7510
    @nithyajayabalan7510 Před 4 lety

I need to say something
    BIONIC is not a turtle