Huge MISTAKES To Learn From | Ranked T61

Sdílet
Vložit
  • čas přidán 6. 06. 2021
  • One of the craziest ranked games I have ever played. I really think I played well for most of this game, but there were a few MASSIVE mistakes that I thought you could learn from.
    Watch me live on Twitch: / potatoquality_
    If you want to know how I mod my game to look the way it does here is a video: • A Video on the Mods I ...
    Keep in mind I may be using different mods to the ones in this video. The primary reason I made this video is to show how to get mods for your game, and it's up to you to find the ones you want.
    I'm Potato_Quality, a member of O7, and probably one of the best players in this game. Hopefully, on this channel, I can teach you a bit about how I play the game. Thanks for watching.
    Business inquiries only: potatoquality.business@gmail.com
    Carry, Pushing, How To Win, How To Carry, Pro, Unicum, Tutorial, Guide, World of Warships, Fun, Funny, Captain Skills, Changes, Build, Setup, Tier 6, Tier 7, Ranked, T61, German, Destroyer, Solo Warrior, Throw,
  • Hry

Komentáře • 92

• @PotatoQuality
    @PotatoQuality  Před 3 lety +38

One more mistake was not resetting the myoko capping C. Lots of ways to win this game but a good example of a normal game. You can never play perfectly.

• @ILGlocker
      @ILGlocker Před 3 lety +1

That's what i was thinking too. Spot him and shoot then duck back in to the smoke.

• @davidgedye4691
      @davidgedye4691 Před 3 lety +5

PQ the other mistake you made was you never swapped back to HE for your battle with the Myoko. From 14:55 you're shooting at an angled Cruiser and you're shooting T61 AP with ricochets. I think 80% of your hits on him were richochets from that timestamp with a couple of pens and a few more overpens. Love your videos. I feel better that you still make these mistakes too. Keep the videos coming mate. (You had some broadside shots at the Myoko near the end but most of the time he was coming or going).

• @petrosmarko3092
      @petrosmarko3092 Před 3 lety +1

@@davidgedye4691 I wanted to say exactly the same thing. I was like '' WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU SHOOTING AP DUDE!! '' I'm pretty sure that even if I'm not a better player I wouldn't have done this. As for the engine boost I think I wouldn't do it as well coz speed is key in these situations. The first 2 mistakes I do them out of greed while wanting to torp as close to the target as I can.

• @davidgedye4691
      @davidgedye4691 Před 3 lety

@@petrosmarko3092 we all make mistakes under pressure. The fact that he didn’t notice even when watching the replay makes me feel a bit better about the dumb mistakes I make in the game. Solo warriors are hard and it’s very easy to lose

• @sweetpoison5341
      @sweetpoison5341 Před 3 lety +1

great player doesn't mean that he/she always win, it's that they always knows their weaknesses and can constantly reminding them of it.

• @jimbane1568
    @jimbane1568 Před 3 lety +13

Absolutely agree, I learn more from seeing mistakes from the players view because I can then see how it develops.

• @vonhoff7137
      @vonhoff7137 Před 3 lety

well i wonder sometimes how many mistakes i can do before i get it right for a change...
      I think of myself as a bad player( 600 random games, but 6k coop for dailies, playing since dec. 2019) that has a lot to learn...and then i score 1st place in a random? we lost, but still... me 1st place? never happened before lol.
      guess some videos i watched, stuck afterall

• @Just_som_Ottur
    @Just_som_Ottur Před 3 lety +8

Got my first Solo Warrior medal the other day by playing a solo random match really well and finishing the objective by myself. Thanks to Potato for increasing my game sense!

• @robertpaulson7826
    @robertpaulson7826 Před 3 lety +10

2,243 Exp. on a loss is insane.

• @sealight78
    @sealight78 Před 3 lety +2

This was a great video, PQ. Tons of great lessons delivered neatly wrapped in an entertaining match. Nice work, man.

• @mrgisa
    @mrgisa Před 3 lety

An excellent video! Huge respect for showing us the "not perfect/mistake" games because there is a lot to learn from those. These are so helpful in helping players like me reflect, analyze, and improve. Thank you for posting it. Keep up the great work!

• @theamazinggoldfish8713
    @theamazinggoldfish8713 Před 3 lety +1

Great evaluation of game play while not being to harsh in yourself (even laughing at times) and admitting as to what you could/should have done. Great attitude for an game player. 🏹🤠👍

• @gaidin58
    @gaidin58 Před 3 lety

Excellent game play and commentary! I always learn from your vids.

• @jazzman3508
    @jazzman3508 Před 3 lety

Those vids are the best. Giving us insight on not just the good games! Great work!

• @chrishogancamp6193
    @chrishogancamp6193 Před 3 lety +1

I switched to the T 61 after your last video and did well for the most part. DD are my main ship but I'm having a difficult time with them. SO I moved to BB and have been doing well in my California. The slow ship has been keeping me out of trouble because I'm not moving forward to quickly and the AA has been shredding the tier 6 CV. So at a 76% win rate I'm staying with her. Great video and looking forward to more.

• @slip6699
    @slip6699 Před 3 lety

Excellent content! This is a great example of how to win games and self review a loss for the benefit of others.

• @ksytsma4realyo
    @ksytsma4realyo Před 3 lety

Thanks for this up! Appreciate it.

• @TheWopper78
    @TheWopper78 Před 3 lety

You’re a very sensible player with a good take on the game. I find ranked to be extremely frustrating because the average player winning percentage on my last 5 matches we 44% while the opposing teams was 51% and it’s tough leading your team and then you lose hopelessly. WG may be able to control that mm after all even though they say they do not. When $$$ is involved I think they’d be willing to tell a little low here and there.

• @MikeSears1128
    @MikeSears1128 Před rokem

Thanks for the real time videos. I will say your teaching gift, is good. Makes learning fun ,,,keeps the audience engaged. In this day, that takes a gift.

• @enimious1
    @enimious1 Před 3 lety +10

"The type of player who loses it in chat" well of course i know him, it's me

• @vonhoff7137
      @vonhoff7137 Před 3 lety +1

lol

• @UrSneakyDad
      @UrSneakyDad Před 3 lety +1

U r not alone. I am with you. 😔

• @davidgedye4691

Yep, that is also me. And sometimes ranked makes me want to rage in chat.

• @slip6699
      @slip6699 Před 3 lety

:D

• @sealight78
      @sealight78 Před 3 lety +2

From someone who doesn't rage in chat but has definitely been raged on, please try to point out what you think the player should have done when you're raging on them. Nothing worse than being left wondering what you could've done better when someone rages on you. People are learning and you can rage if you need to, but please at least try to rage helpfully. o7

• @rolltide8518
    @rolltide8518 Před 3 lety +2

I watched this game live. I didn’t notice you did not hit speed boost either. I was pulling for you all the way.

• @windborne8795
    @windborne8795 Před 3 lety

Great gameplay. I adore my lil' T-61! She's definitely my favorite mid-tier DD. I see tiers I-IV as the low tiers, V-VII as mid and VIII-X as the high tiers. Happy hunting people! Cheers! 🇺🇸

• @TE72GOD
    @TE72GOD Před 3 lety +1

Ahh you love to see it. A lesson in being a normal human with emotions and adrenaline. Great great great content man. :)

• @flight_planned_route
    @flight_planned_route Před 3 lety +1

I love to have seen this game in stream then seeing the CZcams commentary.

• @kaalen24
    @kaalen24 Před 3 lety

Very instructional

• @Sock-qv9wr
    @Sock-qv9wr Před 3 lety

That was a super good game man, but DAMN it should've hurt bad to see that result. Gg wp tho

• @seanelucero
    @seanelucero Před 3 lety

PQ love your vids brother

• @AGBeattie1
    @AGBeattie1 Před 3 lety

Thanks PQ. Could you please do a few tech tree vids, which lines are good for which styles of play and some teir X tech tree ships, every can get them and how to play them. I have a mino and there are not many vids on ships that are current. I need help and I play mino with radar but are inpatient so your vids help heaps.
    Cheers PQ 2

• @NotLakeline
    @NotLakeline Před 3 lety

Anyway we can find your video settings you use? Keep up the great gameplay!

• @thepaperbagmask
    @thepaperbagmask Před 3 lety +2

myoko: "cut them off" lmfao wtf

• @Zergling.
    @Zergling. Před 3 lety

Still waiting for the video about ISE and aviation BB, if they are good and what options does having planes gives. I presume potato will find vary uses for the planes. 😉

• @nostick18
    @nostick18 Před 3 lety

What a game

• @vonhoff7137
    @vonhoff7137 Před 3 lety

love the videos!
    just to put it out there, eventually someone already posted it, i did not read everything...
    Myoko does not have heals:)

• @davidgedye4691

Generally until Tier 9 (some exceptions) only Battleships get heals.

• @flazederg6800
    @flazederg6800 Před 3 lety

Dam, what a game

• @justinkresic5283
    @justinkresic5283 Před 3 lety

My only solo warrior was my team throwing while i was booking it to A1. lol! Your solo warrior was far better.

• @cypher1o1
    @cypher1o1 Před 3 lety

I wonder what was going through the myokos head at the end of that

• @Ushiran
    @Ushiran Před 3 lety

Wouldn't have a contest of C between 13:00 and 13:30 been a more effective way to secure a win ? Or did your low HP pool make it way too risky to light you up for the next 20 seconds ?

• @tytlyf
    @tytlyf Před 3 lety +1

I get killed a lot in the beginning of the game without warning. I thought there was a "detected" indicator that shows when I'm spotted? I get shot at all the time without indication of being detected.

• @siriusczech
      @siriusczech Před 3 lety +1

it is there when you are detected. If not, try searching your settings and probably contacting support with replay files sent in

• @hosed10
    @hosed10 Před 3 lety

Does anyone know if WoWs is the same as WoT in the kills win over caps if both happen to occur? I'm wondering if he'd killed the myoko last second would he have won or would the myoko won on points? (Aka if you cap out in tanks but the enemy team capping simultaneously dies the team who killed them all wins, not the team capping)

• @blusafe1
      @blusafe1 Před 3 lety

Killing all ships is an automatic win in WOWS. If you're asking if both events trigger at the exact same nanosecond, that would probably (I think) result in a draw which counts as double-loss. Never seen it happen, but I have seen draws based on 1000 points. I've only seen ONE DRAW in a competitive game. Never in randoms or clan.

• @hosed10
      @hosed10 Před 3 lety

@@blusafe1 from competitive games in WoT I can confirm that if both events occur (killing a tank delays the cap out win 2 seconds for every tank and can chain until all tanks are dead) and killing all overrides a cap out.

• @landochabod7
      @landochabod7 Před 3 lety

It depends: if a ship is sunk with the timer on 0:00, it doesn't count.
      It happened to me the other day in the République: we were winning easily, so I charged in to use my secondaries. I was sunk at the last second, but the end-game results didn't show it.

• @Z1PP00
    @Z1PP00 Před 3 lety

I can see on your minmap that you have an extra circle. 8km, on the T61 and 12km on T X ships etc. It's purple which I asume is for radar ranging. I am just asuming you are still using aslains autospy minmap mod? I have tried to make that kind of custom cricle but just can't find a menu to do that. How do you do it?

• @echopapacharlie
      @echopapacharlie Před 3 lety

The purple 8-km circle is the torpedo range for T-61. If you installed autospy minimap mod, just click (left or right click) on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the mini map. You will then be able to set the color and line type of various circles, as well as turn them on or off.

• @Z1PP00
      @Z1PP00 Před 3 lety

@@echopapacharlie He already have circles for torps. He has an EXTRA circle colored purple. On higher tiers he has this on 12 km. And yes I know the gear icon and have tried out so many different settings etc, but can't find anyone that takes out an extra circle. Maybe I'm wrong. I would be happy if PQ set me straight on this.

• @echopapacharlie

@@Z1PP00 You wrote, "you have an extra circle. 8km, on the T61 and 12km on T X ships." The Autospy map mod can display circles for various weapon and detection ranges, and you can change the circle colors. But it doesn't let you draw a circle of an arbitrary radius. So whatever circle you see, it corresponds to a weapon or detection range on the ship. Potato Quality here chooses to display 6 circles for T61. From outside to inside, 11.6 (main gun), 8 (torp), 6.1 (surface detection), 4 (hydro), 3.5 (AA), and 2.7 (air detection). He doesn't have a special circle that you can't get. If you see a 12 km circle on T10 destroyer (say, Shimakaze), it is for the torp. I play T61 and Shimakaze a lot, so these values are very familiar to me.

• @aristosachaion_
      @aristosachaion_ Před 3 lety

Those options already exist in the game without mods

• @echopapacharlie

@@aristosachaion_ Half true. The Autospy mod allows you to change color / line type, or use shaded area instead of colored line. This allows you to organize the information better. I put all my sea / air detection in yellow; main / 2ndary guns in white; torp and hydro in blue; and so on. The best feature to me is the ability to show the coverage of any radar-equipped enemy ship. I make that circle red. So on my minimap I can easily keep my DD out of range of enemy radar, provided the radar ship is spotted.

• @hughjorgen1622
    @hughjorgen1622 Před 3 lety

circles on the mini map?? how?

• @diegomolinaf
    @diegomolinaf Před 3 lety

I played mostly in cooperative because... it's a game. Something you do for your enjoyment. On random and up is so common to find people raging over anything. You have to play *perfectly* all the time and that's not possible. You will make mistakes, specially in the beginning. Now I'm playing random with the chat disabled. I try to do my best, but it's MY enjoyment what matters here. That's why I play. If someone else doesn't like it, too bad. Why will I care?

• @marioar1987
    @marioar1987 Před 3 lety +1

T61 is a very strong DD as we all know, capable of dealing with T7 DDs. Yet why not bring the Z39 to ranked? is there something I’m missing? I won’t talk about the Z31... that one feels like a T4 DD.

• @ryangravel9340
    @ryangravel9340 Před 3 lety

Hey random question, do you have a discord server I could join?
    YT been putting WoWs vids in my rec and I kinda wana get into the game but I need someone to teach me how the fuck to play

• @kr4ftt
    @kr4ftt Před 3 lety

man, i HATED the t6/7 ranked, for real, it was pain, every single moment of it... i had no good ships to play, had to endure new players trying ranked, was just sh* after sh* constantly... It felt like work, i had to separate like 2 ~ 3 hours of my day to try to get out of bronze... carriers going to j10 line, people suiciding, dds behind battleships not spotting, was just pain after pain... ranked must have some form pre-requisites to enter, something like 1k battles or anything like that... gosh i still feel the pain...

• @davidgedye4691

T61 and Shiratsuyu with TRB made it a lot of fun for me

• @blusafe1
      @blusafe1 Před 3 lety

If it's so painful stop playing.

• @kr4ftt
      @kr4ftt Před 3 lety

@@blusafe1 sometimes you need to make some sacrifices in order to get something that you want... Now I'm playing with better people and having fun, so hurray for me... It was just dumb that there is no way to keep newbs away from ranked

• @marconeri9410
    @marconeri9410 Před 3 lety

I wish I could make only 4 mistakes ...

• @T1g3rd4v1d
    @T1g3rd4v1d Před 3 lety

Huge mistake. I start playing ranked. I got all of the missions from win so 18 wins, and i still got 3 stars.... And sitting in rank 7. An AFK player reach earlier the rank1....

• @AllAhabNoMoby
    @AllAhabNoMoby Před 3 lety +1

It's nonsensical to say players want to die and give their ship to the enemy. That's just not the case. As a thoroughly average player who still makes stupid and - in hindsight - predictable - mistakes, I can tell you that I always wanna win, always want to get all the best achievements and preferably want to singlehandedly kill all the ships on the enemy team. But I'm an idiot about 1/3 of the time, get myself killed and piss off my allies. I don't mean to, but I just fuck up.
    And there are lots and lots of players like me. So I don't know if you were born perfect, or just forgot what it's like to have a 49% WR, but I don't think anyone WANTS to lose.

• @getongab
    @getongab Před 3 lety

Screw one goat.........you will be now known as a the DD player that sucks because he could not carry.

• @erlienfrommars
    @erlienfrommars Před 3 lety

Your biggest mistake is using AP when you could have perma fired the myoko way before you flooded him

• @seanelucero
    @seanelucero Před 3 lety

Oof

• @andrzejsrodka2475
    @andrzejsrodka2475 Před 3 lety +1

6 mistake shoot he then ap on the end

• @_koifishpond
    @_koifishpond Před 3 lety +27

You 100% lost this game on purpose so you could complain on forums kek

• @thepooptato2890
      @thepooptato2890 Před 3 lety +3

i watched it live, lol no it wasn't intentional

• @Deathelement53
    @Deathelement53 Před 3 lety

Current version of brawl is horrible. 5 games I've played and 4 of them had CVs but only on one side....guess which side one every time

• @aristosachaion_
      @aristosachaion_ Před 3 lety

It's not always as one-sided as you think. My first game in, our team had a CV but theirs didn't, yet we still lost because they all decided to yolo rush us with their 2 petros and GK, and Marceau was too much for me to deal with, on top of the stacked radar duration between the two Petros, in my Z-52 lol

• @Deathelement53
      @Deathelement53 Před 3 lety

@@aristosachaion_ true but the extra vision you gain can't be quantified. It always you to be 2 steps ahead of the other team giving you an inherent advantage

• @Chaosknight40k
    @Chaosknight40k Před 3 lety

bullying bronze players

• @diegomolinaf
    @diegomolinaf Před 3 lety

Myoko ya pronounced with the " mi" from "mission". Yeah. Pronunciation Nazi here.

• @Cpt_DoDo
    @Cpt_DoDo Před 3 lety

and allso a shit ton of bad player with like under 500games. need to stop that shit!

• @canadian_gamerzslol6174

there is 1 good decision for this game it"s to uninstall it