This Vinyl Cutter Is Insane!!! Setting Up My New Summa S2 T140

Sdílet
Vložit
  • čas přidán 21. 04. 2021
  • Unboxing and testing my new Summa S2 T140. This machine is so cool, this could be the best vinyl cutter ever.
    Need info on my print shop gear? It's all here: www.leestuart38.com/my-gear
    Step up your print game with my SIGNATURE SQUEEGEE! bit.ly/ls38squeegee
    Check out my website for vector packs, fonts and merch:
    roguelabmfg.com/
    Support the channel and help me make more of these:
    / @leestuart38
    Buy my brand and look cool:
    thirtyeightrideco.com/
    Website, Shop, Blog: leestuart38.com/
    ====================================================================
    Buy yourself cool stuff and support the channel at the same time with these links
    Amazing Online Mockup Generator: mock-it.co?aff=leestuart38
    Need info on my print shop gear? It's all here: www.leestuart38.com/my-gear
    My Main Heat Press: shrsl.com/2k0l4
    My Hat Heat Press: shrsl.com/2k5xk
    My Camera Gear: kit.co/leestuart38/video-gear
    My Editing Setup: kit.co/leestuart38/editing-an...
    Follow Me Here Too!
    Instagram: / leestuart38
    Facebook: / leestuart38
    Twitter: / leestuart38
    Snapchat: leestuart38
    Check Out The Melco EMT16X Here: bit.ly/emt16x
    Interested In This Machine? Contact My Man Josh At Melco To Get The Hookup:
    JoshWelch@melco.com
    720-661-7095
    Join my print group Rogue Printers:
    / rogueprinters
    Wanna Send Me Something Cool? Check My Amazon Wishlist:
    a.co/dPNT08z
    #vinylcutter #customstickers #summa

Komentáře • 464

• @Ourodes
    @Ourodes Před 3 lety +32

Coming from someone with a commercial printer background for the last ten years, I have to say, I'm inspired by the progress you've made in the last couple years. Keep it up my dude. 👍

• @leestuart38
      @leestuart38  Před 3 lety

Thanks a lot!

• @kennethodonnell4293
      @kennethodonnell4293 Před 3 lety +1

I come from a commercial background as well and I will say they are easy to operate. Takes a little trial and error but once you got it your golden

• @DIDGZONEW
    @DIDGZONEW Před 3 lety +1

Congratulations Lee! It is exciting to see the passion that you put in each video1 I am glad to see how little by little your business has grown! Thanks for sharing!

• @GHOSTNINJASD
    @GHOSTNINJASD Před 3 lety +16

Its so dope to see how much your company has grown man.

• @leestuart38
      @leestuart38  Před 3 lety +2

Thanks dude! This year there's going to be a lot of big changes

• @gianoliver7103
    @gianoliver7103 Před 3 lety

I'm Stoked That You Are So Stoked ! ! ! Always nice to have a new piece of equipment run as it should.

• @leestuart38
      @leestuart38  Před 3 lety +1

This thing has been a beast since it showed up, I love it

• @hipcatscreenprinting238
    @hipcatscreenprinting238 Před 3 lety +1

I LOVE THE WAY YOU GIVE DETAIL ABOUT YOUR SHOP

• @LightningFabrication
    @LightningFabrication Před 3 lety +3

Nice cutter, I have an old D-60 Summa that I've been using for years. Even with my old D-60 I can cut some pretty small intricate decals. The tracking on these Summas is incredible. You'll be able to cut some pretty long decals with no worry of the vinyl tracking to one side or the other. Summa support is also very good. Congratulations.

• @MelvinAlexander
    @MelvinAlexander Před 3 lety +4

The GOAT at it again!!!

• @jimkozikis892
    @jimkozikis892 Před 3 lety

Congratulations on your new equipment. Thanks for the share.

• @tjitskebes135
    @tjitskebes135 Před 3 lety +3

Thats an amazing machine, i have a baby dragknife version, works flawless. Had it for 5 years, never any issues with it. I never run it superfast because it only has 2 pinch rollers and if the media isn t feed in super straight it can run out of the rollers while pulling itself (if that makes any sense) if you change the knife don t forget to change the knifeoffset, or it ll look like it cuts drunk. I make everything in illustrator even the weedborders and use the software as a plugin when i m done. I used to have easysign software, thats awesome for cuttingsoftware. I have a collegue who has had the summa t for 16 years, lived thru a fire and only had it cleaned properly, still uses it everyday, these things are amazing,
    Love from the netherlands

• @leestuart38

These machines are absolutely amazing, I'm so happy I went with this one. I'm still trying to tune in the workflow but the hardware has been flawless since it showed up here

• @martinjones5725
    @martinjones5725 Před 3 lety +1

I've been using Summa plotterrs for jeez close to 30 years....Started out using a 54" tangential.....needed it to cut 3m reflective for semi trailers....Loved it and so when i started my own company, i bought a D75..... Use it just about every day for probably 5 years and have only replaced the blade once.......just cut some 1/4" lettering the other day, and they were perfect....Love my Summa....

• @leestuart38

These machines are definitely incredibly well made, minus the software of course. Super happy I went with summa either way

• @maritzak214
    @maritzak214 Před 3 lety

GROWTH! love it. thanks for sharing and inspiring.

• @garyrodriguez6039
    @garyrodriguez6039 Před 3 lety

That thing is Awesome...I bought a D120 new back in 2003 , knock wood...it has never had a problem...solid piece of equipment ..good luck

• @Tazyz
    @Tazyz Před 2 lety

I enjoy all the content you put out. Thanks

• @bornbrokenmusic
    @bornbrokenmusic Před 3 lety +2

I liked to hear more about this printer I’m a graphtec person through and through and got them dialed in perfect for perf cut. The 7000/8000/9000 series. But I’m almost dropped this into production also because of the T2. Awesome vid.

• @chrismonty69
    @chrismonty69 Před 3 lety

Welcome back to CZcams bud. Great to see the new machine. Would be awesome if you could do a quick update of the company. Everything from the office, through the screen printing and future plans for the shop. We have being screen printing up a storm thanks to you inspiration and details you have shared. You sir are a Legend. Thanks from Syndicate Clothing x

• @skyauth
    @skyauth Před 3 lety

Big fan of your videos, so informative. Good work man

• @hallman321
    @hallman321 Před 3 lety

That's sick!! Love that machine.

• @hrstickershrstickers
    @hrstickershrstickers Před 10 měsíci

The Roland actually cuts really good We have 6 of them doing printing and cutting for smaller jobs and cuts perfect. Its all about the cutting strips and blade and for sure checking the pressure. All the best man nice machines.

• @JonMurray
    @JonMurray Před 3 lety

Awesome man! That thing is a beast!!! 👊🏻✌🏻

• @khebrarahamza7463
    @khebrarahamza7463 Před 3 lety +1

So cool man 👌👌 amazing to watch your videos and learn from you .. peace from Algeria 🇩🇿 ♥️

• @jacksafact
    @jacksafact Před rokem

Great video, Thanks for the demo! Been looking for a cutter, think I found it ;)

• @StoversMotors
    @StoversMotors Před 3 lety +2

bro, the transitions during printing 🤘🏼🤘🏼 sick cutter man!

• @eddietalon7006
      @eddietalon7006 Před 3 lety

I guess it is kinda randomly asking but does anybody know of a good website to stream new series online ?

• @nathanaeldiego7292
      @nathanaeldiego7292 Před 3 lety

@Eddie Talon lately I have been using Flixzone. Just search on google for it :)

• @JohnCarey
    @JohnCarey Před 3 lety

Bad ass as always never enough Lee Stuart video's in life.

• @SummaWorld
    @SummaWorld Před 3 lety +44

Thank you for choosing Summa and for your review of the cutter! We always strive to do better and we are very interested to talk with you about the software. We have sent you a message via your website. Keep up the great work!

• @leestuart38

We'll be in touch!

• @celsosaitto7890
      @celsosaitto7890 Před 3 lety +2

I have one in Brazil but no assist here. If have some problem, forget.

• @SummaWorld
      @SummaWorld Před 3 lety

@@celsosaitto7890
      Hello Celso, that is unfortunate to hear. May we ask you to send your questions or issues to support@summa.eu? Please mention the serial number of your product. Our support engineers or a Summa partner will reach out to you as soon as possible.

• @Hungry4kbbq
      @Hungry4kbbq Před 2 lety

@@SummaWorld hello if I’m have technical problems can I email that same email? My company I work for is in Las Vegas area in USA.

• @rackplume1830
      @rackplume1830 Před 2 lety

what the settings to do the perf cut in one pass? Mines doing all the verticals, then laterals..... and leaving uneven circles or shapes

• @studiovulcan4411
    @studiovulcan4411 Před 2 lety

Hands down a bloody good channel. Bell notif checked for sure!

• @rafaelvalles9963
    @rafaelvalles9963 Před 3 lety

FC 8600~160 cms and CE 6000~120 cms both Graphtec, they are super easy to use with the Software included MC4 its like a plug-in, really super easy. Summa is the top of the line, but honestly after seeing your video, they do the same job, same speed and I believe same Quality. Definitely one of your best purchases. Congratulations!
    You can start making car, vans and boats wraps from now on.

• @mrnobody8540
    @mrnobody8540 Před 3 lety

Love your channel bro - you kick ass in the explanation of, as your level of detail is on the money!

• @mad125100
    @mad125100 Před 3 lety

I have the same cutter and it truly is the best. It is the only cutter the can read registration marks on reflective.

• @Jolsen002
    @Jolsen002 Před 3 lety +1

You are still our hero.

• @Dadmoves49
    @Dadmoves49 Před 3 lety

Came a long way since back in the stoke vlog days man what a journey. Keep doin you bro

• @leestuart38

Oh man that's some real OG shit from the channel haha. Things have definitely come a long way since then 🤘🏻

• @trereneeellis-rasmussen2137

Showed this to crafter friend....she said "It's like my cricut on steroids!" She is in shock. love it!

• @BuddyVanDoodle
    @BuddyVanDoodle Před 3 lety

That’s dope man!

• @ravendarkcloud
    @ravendarkcloud Před 3 lety

Lee that feed to the table ides is brilliant, I will be putting my cutter to feed directly onto my weeding table.

• @leestuart38

It's a good idea for heavy materials or big pieces to help the machine to track straight

• @redherring5532
    @redherring5532 Před 3 lety +1

Cool to see these at home. I work at a large format digital print shop, 16 foot grand format backlit Uv curing inks. Do some film too. Laminating is a pain! I tech the printers here, small shop, 4 guys 5 machines. Nice at home setup dude.

• @acorntoicon
    @acorntoicon Před 3 lety +1

You should get a CZcams award for the most times anyone laughs during a video 😂
    Love it man 🙌🏼

• @Navigator777777
      @Navigator777777 Před 2 lety

Me too! It's an endearing quality that makes me chuckle but you know his criticisms are spot on. I hope Summa does something with the software before my purchase. ;-)

• @Sinfamous
    @Sinfamous Před 9 měsíci

I didn't know you're in Canada! Sweet! I would love to get a setup here in Nanaimo, BC for myself!

• @nicksrandomstuff
    @nicksrandomstuff Před 3 lety +1

Summa's are nice machines. I have a D60FX myself that I found dirty cheap a couple of years back and only now I start exploring it's possibilities.
    Just a side note that I found out the hard way, only use official blades. I got some cheap ones from ebay only to realize that even the slight difference (that is less than half millimeter) can create some nasty results because it doesn't fit "like a glove" and that slight space can ruin your cuts.
    Great videos, I recently discovered your channel and you are a great inspiration for me.

• @leestuart38

Ya I've always run OEM blades in my machines, the aftermarket stuff never stacks up and is usually way cheaper steel

• @TonyLoewen
    @TonyLoewen Před 3 lety

Such a badass cutter!! I am pumped to learn how to use that thing!

• @leestuart38

Get those illustrator skills up haha

• @TonyLoewen
      @TonyLoewen Před 3 lety

@@leestuart38 going to be working on that at Dan’s place so he can help me haha.

• @vipertacticalslovenia2144

This is the video, where I chose to get Summa :) I got D120R which suits my needs for now. And even it has drag knife it’s top notch and does the job on the highest level

• @AWOL1969
    @AWOL1969 Před rokem

Oh yeah! Well I have 2 Cricut cutters lol 😂. Love your channel and it’s very informative and inspirational for me.
    My dream is to one day grow my hobby into a business like yours.
    Cheers
    Keep up the great work.
    Hello from Regina, Sk.

• @johnpinion8033
    @johnpinion8033 Před rokem

I'm so jealous of your equipment! Found a 24" cutter for $20 at a tag sale last week, and found that I could plot to it directly from inkscape (Extensions>Export>Plot) (Score!), but of course it's just a drag-cut plotter. Although the cutting routine is fairly rudimentary (no animation of what's being cut, no pause, no finish time estimation...), it's still SOOO nice not to have to transfer the design to an entirely different app just to cut!
    The stock software to your cutter may be shit, but it performs that very important action of rotating the blade properly as it cuts. I doubt seriously if the routine in inkscape supports that function. Good luck on finding good software that does. Best.

• @DaPrintHouse
    @DaPrintHouse Před 3 lety +3

love my summa cutter. nice equipment update! always better for a separate cutter anyways while you are printing, now you can do perf cutting!

• @leestuart38

This machine is incredible 🙌🏻

• @infinity-signs
      @infinity-signs Před 3 lety

plz plz tell me your settings for cutting into .03 mil vinyl like for example for bumper stickers

• @edgarrivera532
    @edgarrivera532 Před 3 lety

@lee Stuart Summa vinyl cutter are amazing worked with a few of them in the past,
    great pick Lee

• @eltanke83
    @eltanke83 Před 2 lety

What up man. Your videos are awesome. I just got a summa and wanted to know your setting for perf cutting. Thanks dude.

• @LVXMagick
    @LVXMagick Před rokem

There's always a steep learning curve with these things. And that doesn't even include learning software properly. But it's always worth it once you get it. I don't have one this nice though. Best wishes in your business Brother!🙏

• @visionaryinkprinting4269

beautiful job bro.

• @MikeTees
    @MikeTees Před 3 lety

Another on keep being Great !

• @kennywalker8048
    @kennywalker8048 Před 3 lety

Just came across your channel and im hype as shit for you. That cutter is the shit! Ive been working for the sign/printing biz for about 10 years and about to do my own thing and this right here got me hype. Im subcribed ans cant wait to check out more of your work!

• @leestuart38

Thanks man. This cutter is absolutely incredible, if you're starting up your own thing I'd highly recommend it. Good luck 👊🏻

• @xterrag2004
    @xterrag2004 Před 3 lety

Cannot wait to get my business logo finished!! Will be reaching out soon for sweet custom marketing merch!!! Super excited!!

• @user-ht5zf6el7w
    @user-ht5zf6el7w Před rokem

I just mention what you said near end, about not to laminate solvent right after printing. Change your Roland with Epson SC S series. S40610 here - I am laminating immediately, saving so much time.

• @Navigator777777

Hi Lee!
    I ordered a brand new Roland GR2 540 Cutter in March of 2021. Like you, I bought it to perfcut stickers. I didn't take delivery until October. I was as busy as can be when the cutter arrived...which was a shock. No comms the entire time. Needed about 3 weeks to clear up my workload before getting the thing up and running.
    Getting the puter to see my cutter was a week long bugaboo. Turned out my puter wasn't updating Versawork so the newest version had to be manually downloaded. After that, the learning curve was short. After about 2 hours of trying to make die cut stickers I realized something was seriously wrong with the machine. Prolly went through 12' of laminated vinyl creating scrap trying various ideas. My test was actually a job order.....which I lost as the cut was awful. Ultimately I created about 5 decals that didn't need manual help. The machine got progressively worse. Like a screw was coming loose. That was six weeks ago. The elusive part the tech needed was on a container ship in LA I'm told. I may see a tech in December perhaps January? I'm infuriated Roland wouldn't send containers of full of parts and pieces. Regardless, I want out of this POS as it simply doesn't do what I bought it to do. How hard is the learning curve on your Summa? You mentioned the software is less than spectacular. Would you still go with the Summa today?

• @leestuart38
      @leestuart38  Před 2 lety +1

Sorry to hear man. Unfortunately that's a very common issue with those Roland cutters, I don't know one person who owns one that doesn't regret their decision to buy it. The Summa software isn't great, but the cutter itself is incredible. Even with the terrible software I'm a Summa customer for life now because the machine just cuts way too good. The learning curve is somewhat quick and you have to change your workflow, but I still think it's worth it. My machine paid for itself in 6 days. Good luck!

• @Navigator777777

@@leestuart38
      I'm guessing you use Versaworks to print but can't use Versaworks to cut.
      Is that right?
      I'm Mac and read there is some kind of Mac software for the Summa? Is that right?
      What is the specific issue with their software that Grinds Your Gears?
      [edit] Also...Did you got the OPUS CAM model? It's a new word to me. I'm trying to read about it. It seems to speed up production but I don't need speed...I want quality cuts.
      Does this improve the perfcut?

• @persebra
    @persebra Před 3 lety +1

I have never heard snow described as "frozen white bullshit"! haha haha LOL!

• @jessicalane107
    @jessicalane107 Před 2 lety

No fucking way! At 6:30 I watched what you saw too and we both said “holy shit” at the same identical time. I’ve never laughed like that from watching a video before. Thanks man! Awesome content.

• @mariotrapani6394
    @mariotrapani6394 Před 3 lety

Loved your video Lee, we’re looking into one of these cutters right now. How long of a print/cut run have you pushed on this with good registration?

• @leestuart38

I keep my runs short so that they're manageable, no print/cut run should really exceed 3-4 feet unless you're doing one big graphic. This thing has rock solid registration though, the biggest single print/cut graphic I've done on it so far was about 6 feet long and it was perfect.

• @gepinniw204
    @gepinniw204 Před 3 lety

Great demo. Very impressive cutting. I’m looking into new a print/cut set up, so this video is well timed. I have the smaller Roland print/cut BN-20, but It is super slow and a bit janky, so I looking at alternatives. I don’t have a big budget, though, so it’d have to be a cheaper set up than that Summa Cut beast you’ve got there.
    I’d be interested to see/hear more about how the registration works. I know other cutters use printed registration marks to calibrate the cutter, and I assume this cutter has to use the same method. Were those black rectangles for positioning calibration? Does the Summa software add those marks?

• @leestuart38

Exactly, those marks are for the cutter to read. There's a plug-in for adobe illustrator that adds them to your print job with one click after you've set it all up. Its the one thing on the software side that they got right haha

• @catchthetruck6173
    @catchthetruck6173 Před 2 lety

thi is is dope bro im having same issues now with my roland I will be grabbing a cutter soon and hopefully catch up to getting some quality die cut nice videos bro!

• @leestuart38
      @leestuart38  Před 2 lety

Definitely a worth while upgrade. Thanks man

• @cryptie
    @cryptie Před 3 lety

Hahaha I called it in your last video "you're gonna need a stand alone cutter, its gonna be a bottle neck"
    Glad you got it.

• @DarnThatDragon
    @DarnThatDragon Před 3 lety

Lee needs to run a CNC mill once and he'll be hooked. Make the floor rumble and it'll get you over the no riding in the winter. Keep leveling up Sir.

• @leestuart38

I've run one before when I worked in a fab shop, they're crazy machines. No use in my business though, but hopefully I can get rich enough to have one for personal stuff haha.

• @kevinb.2249
    @kevinb.2249 Před 3 lety +1

Sweet device, I have Summa T160 dude, been a workhorse for me

• @Mr_Chuckles
    @Mr_Chuckles Před 3 lety

It's like a laser cutter for vinyl - mad stuff :)

• @TheGenManager
    @TheGenManager Před 3 lety

"The Future is Now, Thanks to this F*cking Cutter Plotter"
    But damn, that cutting speed and that black paint, I love that....

• @Highigan
    @Highigan Před 3 lety

Killin' it man! Goin next lvl on this shit!

• @bigkahuna2297
    @bigkahuna2297 Před 3 lety +1

graphtec fc8600 or 9000 works just as good, to each there own some swear by summa and some hate it. congrats on the purchase

• @alexc7148
    @alexc7148 Před 3 lety

I bought a S2 75T because of you ;) Thank you !
    A question about the software, a come from a Graphtec CE7000, I've used CuttingMaster4 where I could do some basic operations like mirror, rotate, duplicate, centering and see how many copies I could fit.
    If I may ask, what would be the workflow with the Summa software, WinPlot or other ?

• @Qwaylude
    @Qwaylude Před 3 lety

I normally don't like or leave comments but dude you're killing it good information straight to the point videos I dig it I'm subscribing and liking good knowledge bro dope work. And if I took the time out to do this comment that means it's really good s***

• @LombardiNikolovProduction

Summa is the best cutter in my opinion. I worked with d160 model and it has some nice features , I can imagine the S series what power has

• @leestuart38

Definitely agree, this cutter is so damn good.

• @vegas1055
    @vegas1055 Před 3 lety

I just bought a refurbishes Roland SP300V and want to pair the new Summa series one D75 with it. Will this work together? Do you just input the print file into the Summa software? Thank you for the help. Great videos by the way Lee!

• @ol98r0x
    @ol98r0x Před 3 lety

the Summa is great. Great cutting, great speed. The only thing i hate is that Im having issues with tracking on flex foil...and the software is shit. Did you get the camera for mark detection?

• @garycrowley5532
    @garycrowley5532 Před 3 lety

I thought about getting a Roland cutter too but a friend told me about a Summa D75 and I have never looked back!

• @leestuart38

I'm so glad I went with this one, it's an absolute beast

• @lxstangs
    @lxstangs Před rokem

Man that installation and training… that’s consistent throughout with all the companies

• @leestuart38
      @leestuart38  Před rokem

I own a lot of different equipment now. It's always been a roll of the dice no matter who makes it haha

• @lxstangs
      @lxstangs Před rokem

@@leestuart38 a lot of room for that specific market , the “training part “ of it is just trash .

• @rackplume1830
    @rackplume1830 Před 2 lety

what the settings to do the perf cut in one pass? Mines doing all the verticals, then laterals..... and leaving uneven circles or shapes

• @Krulgrafix
    @Krulgrafix Před 3 lety

How is the graphtec print and cut 40 steps? Throw the material in and go

• @markjohnson1288
    @markjohnson1288 Před 2 lety +1

Just wondering what RIP Software you ended up using to make this work for your Roland and Summa?

• @Smallbore2wheels
    @Smallbore2wheels Před 3 lety

the drone finally comes out to play! that white hoodie....fuck sorry got distracted. baller new cutter too, those stickers look fucking clean dude.

• @georgemoss
    @georgemoss Před 3 lety

Do you have a video on how you cut the design for your hat that you mention at 19:42?

• @SteenslandMedia
    @SteenslandMedia Před 2 lety

Would you do atv graphics? I have a badass sled and quad that I’m thinking about getting something custom done

• @JETSIGNS
    @JETSIGNS Před rokem

What with vinyl are you putting in ? Does a 54” fit good in it?

• @skins4allshop9
    @skins4allshop9 Před 5 měsíci

Hey Lee, we watched your videos and finally also bought one of those bad boys! we are struggling we the adjustments for perfcut on normal Laminate vinyls… can you share some Infos with us how did you set it up? that would be sick! Thanks and successful hustle!

• @Lukeerpbfb
    @Lukeerpbfb Před 2 lety

Hi, what are you setting for the dye cutting, thanks

• @smalltownink
    @smalltownink Před rokem

Have you had success cutting graphics larger than 10 feet? My Mimaki CG-130AR seems totally incapable of doing that.

• @celsosaitto7890
    @celsosaitto7890 Před 3 lety

Nice plotter, witch Angle Blade and Speed do you use?

• @jesusmolina3031
    @jesusmolina3031 Před 3 lety

What's the problem of laminating right after printing?

• @gavrabogdan6907
    @gavrabogdan6907 Před 2 lety

Hello. Nice machine. Did you try print&cutt all the way thru the backing, but laminated with ultracurve 1500 (380 microns) from substance?

• @leestuart38

It has no problem cutting ultracurve. You just need a 60° blade

• @bsingh1975
    @bsingh1975 Před 2 lety

Hi Lee
    I'd like to pull the trigger on one of these and I was wondering what your feedback is after a year of owning it.

• @collegiatepresswideformat5731

Great video!
    I've had mine at work for almost 2 years and never have tried the perf cut after seeing this I need to give it a try. Any good instructions on setting it up or tips?
    I'll be checking out the rest of your stuff!

• @leestuart38

Summa has a really good video on here on how to set it up, just search summa flexcut and it should come up. They don't cover the speed in there though so I'd recommend 200-400 mm/s depending on the design and how intricate the cut is

• @collegiatepresswideformat5731
      @collegiatepresswideformat5731 Před 3 lety

@@leestuart38 THX I'll take a look, but my sublimation just showed up today so might be a day or so

• @6r4metroman
    @6r4metroman Před rokem

Loved this, as you say expensive but does the job...

• @f6mzk
    @f6mzk Před 3 lety

We missed you boooooos

• @emilianozapata7690
    @emilianozapata7690 Před 3 lety +1

after the first cut. . .
    we both said "holyshit!" at the same time. LOL!

• @bronxpremiumprint8569
    @bronxpremiumprint8569 Před 11 měsíci

I have the same printer , what kind of blade you have on it

• @printpire
    @printpire Před rokem

Now that you have a Graphtec. Which one do you like better. ?

• @MoRiTa1265
    @MoRiTa1265 Před 2 lety

what is the best pressure to cut HTV?

• @DougieBoy
    @DougieBoy Před 3 lety +6

That Rogue Lab Bird Vinyl looks like Judas Priest Screaming For Vengeance Album Cover. SICK!!!!! :)

• @leestuart38

That's exactly what it was designed after 🤘🏻

• @DougieBoy
      @DougieBoy Před 3 lety

@@leestuart38 SWEEEEEET!

• @loganpowell
    @loganpowell Před 6 měsíci

There are many old T Series cutter owners out here that would really appreciate it if you could share some of that print->cut workflow training you got!

• @ronakdodeja1678
    @ronakdodeja1678 Před 2 lety

Holy shitballs man. So good to see you at where you are. It would be nice if you put a video about how to manage and get new clients and financial part of your company. I understand that there are some trade secrets and you already share most of your experience here but it would be great if we get that knowledge. Thanks and best of luck for your future

• @MrJamster1989
    @MrJamster1989 Před 3 lety

The rippling effect you spoke about was just due to not outgassing I think mate. The solvent will have made the vinyl almost gum like. Great set up. Looking at buying the t160

• @leestuart38

That was a speed thing, but I was going waaaay too fast. I was perf cutting those small curves at 1000mm/s just to see if it could, when in reality it should be at like 400mm/s. As soon as I backed it off it was golden

• @mikelane6410
    @mikelane6410 Před 2 lety

Great video. How do you get the Summa cutter to recognize the registration marks from the Roland printer. I thought a Roland registration marks from veteaworks could only be cut by a roland cutter.
    Thanks.

• @leestuart38
      @leestuart38  Před 2 lety

You're right about that, Roland stuff only works with Roland. This works by adding Summa registration marks to the print in the job setup stage. It's a much different workflow to make the machines work together but the results are worth it

• @mikelane6410
      @mikelane6410 Před 2 lety

@@leestuart38 thanks for your response. Your using Flexisign to print the Summa registration marks on the prints or another third party piece of software to do it?
      Thanks,
      Mike.

• @Paios
    @Paios Před 3 lety

How does the Summa line up for the P&C alignment? Like versaworks uses the black circles and squares, does this one require you to put something in your art or does it integrate with versaworks?

• @leestuart38

You have to pre set up the job with the marks before going to versaworks

• @cheryll6232
    @cheryll6232 Před 3 lety +1

Get Flexi for the cutter. I have been using it since version 7.5 in 2004
    The cost now sucks as its subscription but nothing better. Works perfect with my mutoh printer and 64" graptec cutter to do my print cut jobs. It also interacts with versa works so I can send right from flexi to versa

• @leestuart38

Flexi is what I've been leaning towards, even though I have zero use for the design portion in there

• @mattsconberg8225
      @mattsconberg8225 Před 3 lety

@@leestuart38 you can fine tune cut lines or create your own straight from the design platform -

• @Navigator777777

Are you suggesting "Get Flexi for the [Summa] cutter? I don't understand what you mean. I do have Flexi and it works great on my other cutters.

• @davidsamuels6734
    @davidsamuels6734 Před 3 lety +1

Yeah, I bought a SUMMA d75 about 13 years ago, and I OFTEN refer to it as the Best $3,000 I've ever spent!

• @bannerandgraphicsuk689

Hi just doing our home work on this cutter "Summa S2 T140"
    how are you finding it now ?
    what is the accuracy like on the circles when contour cutting or flex cutting ?
    do you have the keep the volumes low (small sheets runs ) when doing contour cutting to keep the accuracy
    or dose it not matter.. now you have this cutter ?
    we are based in the uk
    thanks in advance , keep up the great work

• @leestuart38

This machine is amazing, always dead accurate and has run flawlessly. Still not a fan of the software at all but it works. It'll run huge sheets no problem, I've cut 10ft+ decals on this thing and long sheets of flex cut. But I typically keep it to 3ft-4ft sheets when doing flex cut stickers just to make it easier to work with