The Volvo That Changed The Game | 2020 Volvo XC90 T8

Sdílet
Vložit
  • čas přidán 11. 07. 2024
  • Volvo has been on the rise lately and it all started about 5 years ago with the second generation XC90. The new SUV launched Volvo's sexy new design language, their finally world class interiors and their highly competitive plug in hybrid systems. While BMW may sell more PHEVs total, Volvo leads the luxury segment in America with a greater percentage of models sold as plug-in-hybrids. Let's check out the 2020 XC90 and take a trip down memory lane to see if Volvo's people carrier is right for you.
    Join Today: bit.ly/2WdCEwW
    Our Other Channel: The Mountain Garden: goo.gl/icFWcd
    Follow AoA on Facebook: theautobuyersguide/
  • Auta a dopravní prostředky

Komentáře • 324

• @silverindigo8302
    @silverindigo8302 Před 3 lety +129

Finally a reviewer that doesn’t just get in the car, slap it into sport mode and rip it to the red line.
    In other words....an adult

• @bill7481
      @bill7481 Před 3 lety +12

Silver Indigo Agreed! Isn’t it sad that his subscriptions have not grown much!

• @silverindigo8302
      @silverindigo8302 Před 3 lety +3

Bill very

• @gene978
      @gene978 Před 3 lety +9

I constantly complain about that especially when it’s about a family SUV. I have to stop videos all the time due to that immaturity type of review.

• @KuyaArbee
      @KuyaArbee Před 3 lety +1

Facts! All the other reviewers driving all these lux SUVs Like their damn race spec cars! So glad you do real world driving! Your XC40 rdesign review sold me on the car :)

• @AYouTubeChannelwithNoName
      @AYouTubeChannelwithNoName Před 3 lety +2

Did you just expose Redline Reviews LOL

• @kentjohnson7141
    @kentjohnson7141 Před 3 lety +86

Alex: Just a note of appreciation for the thoroughness and professionalism of your car reviews. You do a wonderful job.

• @geft
    @geft Před 3 lety +73

I agree bring back the amber turn signals. We love my wife’s XC90. Usually I get antsy to replace our cars every 3 years, but not with the XC90. It is an amazing vehicle.

• @joshuaychung
      @joshuaychung Před 3 lety +4

I think the fact that Volvo hasn't really changed the design of the car in a while helps with the desire to change the vehicle.

• @Colin623
      @Colin623 Před 3 lety +1

@@joshuaychung Not really sure what you mean, as this design is only five or six years old, and is due to be replaced next year by an all new design, so I wouldn't say the XC90 as seen here hasn't been around that long !

• @p_enta5012
      @p_enta5012 Před 2 lety

@@Colin623 Late reply but honestly I remember seeing the design for the first time in 2015 and my jaw literally dropped in awe. To this day It's still an extremely modern looking car and is very very beautiful. I see a crapton around my town and for good reason. Kinda sad its being replaced.

• @Colin623
      @Colin623 Před 2 lety +1

@@p_enta5012 I agree when it first came out, it stood out from the crowd, and still does to a large extent, it has a certain elegance to it which other large SUVs don't command, and the interior lives up to the outside image plush and desirable, I now understand it's not going to be replaced just yet, and I've also heard that Volvo will continue it's production even when the new one comes out, so have two models of the XC90 side by side! how true that is I don't know, will be interesting to see, but I have seen the proposed replacement in a photo online, and all I can say is WOW !

• @justabrokeredneck
      @justabrokeredneck Před 6 měsíci

what’s your mileage if you still have it? what’s the reliability like?

• @bikingmoments
    @bikingmoments Před 3 lety +66

It’s amazing to see a 5-year model still fresh and elegant. Feels it’s never going to be ‘old’ and ‘outdated’, both interior and exterior.

• @user-oo3uj5ku9r
      @user-oo3uj5ku9r Před 3 lety +5

Was thinking the same thing. Damn these things look good.

• @LlyleHunter
      @LlyleHunter Před 3 lety +6

Volvo’s are like that even when you own them.

• @MrCarpediem6
      @MrCarpediem6 Před 3 lety +1

Is it really 5 years old? I think all the models following are following the same design cues?

• @bikingmoments
      @bikingmoments Před 3 lety +1

Carpediem06 the XC90, as the first re-design model based on SPA platform, is indeed 5 years old. Yet it never looks old when park next to their new S60 which came out in 2019.

• @kfx3907
      @kfx3907 Před 3 lety +1

Outdated interior

• @V3N8MOUS
    @V3N8MOUS Před 3 lety +41

I'm going with Amber; ditch the red light, it makes it distinguish if they are breaking or they are signalling

• @Sylvan_dB
      @Sylvan_dB Před 3 lety +2

Amber signals all around!

• @zero11010
      @zero11010 Před 3 lety

V3N8MOUS doesn’t the flashing do that pretty effectively?

• @V3N8MOUS
      @V3N8MOUS Před 3 lety +1

@@zero11010 flashing does that too but like i said it "distinguishes" it even better by putting in a different colour and esthetically also looks good

• @theamazoner4075
      @theamazoner4075 Před 3 lety

@@zero11010 not exactly cause turn signal and breaking isn’t great

• @zero11010
      @zero11010 Před 3 lety +2

If you found say so. I’m a fan of the red rather than amber. It looks cleaner. I think all cars have a third brake light at this point which makes braking very apparent in the case of someone tapping brakes vs using a turn signal.
      When I see someone use a turn signal on a single lane road I usually expect them to slow also and act accordingly. If it’s a multi lane road and there is a lane for them turn into and I cannot tell if someone is braking or signaling for a turn I usually assume both and it isn’t an issue.
      I run red lights for rear facing turn signals on my car and my motorcycle.

• @kr46428
    @kr46428 Před 3 lety +75

The U.S. needs to just mandate amber turn signals moving forward. The red turn signals are just awful.

• @ivanlowjones
      @ivanlowjones Před 3 lety

Perhaps the two presidential candidates will both make that their number campaign focus in November. Forget about COVID, high employment, and the looming recession and just make amber turn signals mandatory.

• @omgitsme435
      @omgitsme435 Před 3 lety +9

J High keep it about cars.. try hard somewhere else

• @ivanlowjones

@@omgitsme435
      How else should amber turn signal legislation be pushed to the forefront in Washington, D.C?

• @L0R3N23
      @L0R3N23 Před 3 lety

That’s if people even decide to utilize their blinkers 🙄 lol

• @tianqi0324
    @tianqi0324 Před 3 lety +25

Still in love with my xc90 and still can't believe the whole design language is 5+ years old (if you count the entire design phase)

• @JBM425
    @JBM425 Před 3 lety +22

I appreciate how you included the Toyota Highlander, Lincoln Aviator, and Mazda CX-9 in the Vehicle Size comparisons. Since I don't get into the luxury brands that much, having those mass-market and premium vehicles is very helpful to understand the comparative sizes. I've tested a Highlander and CX-9, so I now have a better frame of reference. Please continue this in your other luxury vehicle reviews.

• @BURGERJICY
      @BURGERJICY Před 3 lety

Just keep in mind that manufacturers tend to measure leg spaces in different methods, it's sometimes hard to compare across the board but it gives you an idea. Like the CX-9 is supposedly larger than the XC90 by just numbers but it has the worst 3rd row IMO, maybe just tad better than the RX350L

• @hateprotoss
    @hateprotoss Před 3 lety +9

I can imagine how I drive in to “that country club” on my toyota corolla. Nobody shake my hand 😅😂🤣

• @chriseaton2730
      @chriseaton2730 Před 3 lety +2

They aren't going to mingle with the staff.

• @joshuaychung
    @joshuaychung Před 3 lety +16

Volvo XC 90 all the way. It is by far the best looking SUV out there. I do admit that the new Genesis GV80 is really intriguing assuming you don't have a need for a hybrid drive train.

• @ashishpatel350
      @ashishpatel350 Před 3 lety +1

The genisis would be alot more reliable than a volve.
      Even range rover is better than Volvo.

• @EmperorWasHere
      @EmperorWasHere Před 3 lety +1

@@ashishpatel350 That’s a big stretch nobodies more unreliable than Land Rover

• @vc8160
      @vc8160 Před 2 lety +1

@@ashishpatel350 yup….you get the Hyundai fan boy award!

• @ryanshannon6963
      @ryanshannon6963 Před 2 lety

@@ashishpatel350 Not sure how anyone could say Range Rover is more reliable than Volvo. I've had my S90 with about 70k on the clock and no issues at all. I do perform the recommended service at appropriate intervals, so maybe you like prefer to keep the same oil in your vehicle until it turns back to Texas Tea color?

• @ashishpatel350
      @ashishpatel350 Před 2 lety

@@ryanshannon6963 I've owned a v70 that didn't make it past 90k miles was a turd. Meanwhile I've known multiple people with range rovers that don't have as many issues as with volvos

• @CarbonKS
    @CarbonKS Před 3 lety +9

I have an XC90 T6 AWD and absolutely love it. It’s a smooth ride and has plenty of power.

• @ivanlowjones

As a fellow XC90 T6 owner, adding AWD with T6 is redundant. The T5 is the only FWD XC90.

• @NauticaloneEd
    @NauticaloneEd Před 3 lety +14

Still so beautiful and fresh looking. Amazing design and overall quality! Do wish it had a 6 cylinder option though.

• @calbackk
      @calbackk Před 3 lety

Volvo should have kept their fantastic Yamaha V8 as an option.

• @user-so5de6yp1d
    @user-so5de6yp1d Před 3 lety +9

I love every time Alex calls out Audi on their fake exhausts

• @alexbkny
    @alexbkny Před 3 lety +8

Alex your reviews are best in the class!

• @cathygraham8005
    @cathygraham8005 Před 3 lety +4

Just bought the XC90 T8. Super excited. It's absolutely beautiful. Drove all comparable vehicles and it was the winner. Great Review Liked the BMW X5 BUT run-flat tires getting only 15,000 miles on them was a big negative.

• @christophersharon2265
    @christophersharon2265 Před 2 lety +1

American here. Red. Excellent work Alex. Love that you do noise rating with decibels! That’s very important to me to buy a quite vehicle. Thanks!

• @pavelbaslak69
    @pavelbaslak69 Před 2 lety

Amazing quality of a review, a pleasure to watch that!

• @kevinheath7500
    @kevinheath7500 Před 3 lety

Utterly excellent review - thanks!

• @shannontrant6260
    @shannontrant6260 Před 2 lety

Most thorough review I’ve found so far. Thank you!

• @stewartstarling2309
    @stewartstarling2309 Před 3 lety

WOW! I have never really watched your reviews, I've seen you on Redline, but I'm definitely tuning in! Hooked. Excellent informative, I'm a lifetime Volvo XC90 Acura RDX /MDX owner. Love it! Keep it up the great work!

• @calbackk
    @calbackk Před 3 lety

I have found you only lately, but you grow on me. Good work.

• @dshudson
    @dshudson Před 3 lety +1

We just got this vehicle for my wife the T8, I have to admit him sort of crushing on it, its elegance and sophistication and I drive a King Ranch so that's pretty good compliment.

• @brightmind9071
    @brightmind9071 Před 3 lety +3

Alex, you are very awesome. So gifted.

• @alfreadjoshy2439
    @alfreadjoshy2439 Před 3 lety +2

Those days when Volvo pretty much used to make boxes on wheels are gone as now a days they make some of the nicest looking cars on the market and the XC90 is definitely one of them

• @andrewslovak9241
    @andrewslovak9241 Před 3 lety +1

This is the first vehicle we purchased in this class, R-Design and enhanced audio (B&W) and I couldn't be happier with the decision at 22K miles. I am 6'1" and am very comfortable. I recommend the air suspension although I am disappointed that the dealer lots only have the air suspension option on the highest of highest specked out model. The 2019 model we have air suspension really does improve the ride. My only complaint is the 4 cyl. turbo and supercharged is great but takes longer to spool up then I would wish if I try to hammer it in certain situations. While I read about quality control issues thankfully I haven't really encountered anything except one fuse issue with the air suspension which was a known issue and fixed under warranty at no cost. It is the most evocative interior I have sat it that was't pretentious and actually relaxing and the Bowers and Wilkins is second to none. The emergency braking is also excellent with pre-tensioning. Recommend 100%.

• @rightlanehog3151
    @rightlanehog3151 Před 3 lety +14

Alex, I prefer the 240 wagon.

• @LlyleHunter
      @LlyleHunter Před 3 lety +3

Best machine ever made this side of a KitchenAid stand mixer or Kirby vacuum cleaner. Some things just last.

• @rightlanehog3151
      @rightlanehog3151 Před 3 lety +2

@@LlyleHunter I would have said the P1800 but it would have been unreasonable to compare a coupe to a raised wagon.

• @LlyleHunter
      @LlyleHunter Před 3 lety +2

@@rightlanehog3151 Those were incredible

• @bulletmags5969
    @bulletmags5969 Před 3 lety

Another great review Alex. I love the additional context and insights you provide over and above the basic car features and drive-ability. That really helps
    potential buyers in their shortlisting and decision making. Thanks! Still leaning towards a GV80 however, once pricing is announced down under in Australia. No hybrid option like the Volvo but that would add a 10yr payback window for my driving habits anyway.. I’d rather get more ‘day 1’ bang for buck in terms of technology and luxury features.

• @Bentsi2002
    @Bentsi2002 Před 3 lety +7

Alex it feels awkward to me, yesterday the G90 made me think about my S-Class, now this, the other car that occupies my driveway, XC90 T8 R-design.
    Well, if you see a red XC90 T8 or a matte silver S class in Los Gatos (both are rare colors), say Hi.

• @harlemhomme
    @harlemhomme Před 3 lety

Excellent review. I have an older model ('08) and am planning to upgrade in the next few months. Was on the fence between Volvo XC90 nad BMW X5. Just love the look!

• @greggpurviance7252
    @greggpurviance7252 Před 3 lety

Amber, great reviews!

• @JazzedJohnson
    @JazzedJohnson Před 3 lety +1

Alex always does a great, consistent review. 1) AMBER now AMBER forever-red means stop, amber means turn. 2) as an XC 60 owner, I think this design language is the most beautiful of any crossover on the road today 3) the infotainment system’s improved processing speed is an essential improvement 4) I almost bought a Tesla Y a week ago today, but those seats can’t touch Volvo’s comfort and interior materials, fit n finish feel like an air cooled VW compared to Volvo. The Tesla may still be the best operating auto-motion system available now, but let’s get some interior/exterior sophistication. CARS ARE FASCINATING

• @_Randwulf
    @_Randwulf Před 3 lety

I'm with you on your assessment regarding looks & performance... 😎👍

• @InternetDude
    @InternetDude Před 3 lety +3

What a BEAUTIFUL car 😍 it looks timeless!! 👍 And I have a Model S and Lexus LS500.... two other nice cars.

• @charlespinto4608
    @charlespinto4608 Před 3 lety

The best car reveiws hands down.

• @jeromep3182
    @jeromep3182 Před 3 lety

Yesssssssss Alex you are the very first person that I have heard say that I am an amber turn signal fan I think it help more with visibility from the real and makes it more elegant than the red turn signals matching the brake lights

• @MrAndrei4777
    @MrAndrei4777 Před 3 lety

That color is so nice!

• @aayonce4
    @aayonce4 Před 3 lety +2

Ambers are amazing! Differentiation!!

• @edysinsimon8646
    @edysinsimon8646 Před 2 lety

Must I be that "guy"? OK then..I warned you... I LOVE how Alex finds the time to set any radio station or album cover appropriate and/or very witty and humorous to the theme of the particular vehicle on review! Thanks Alex..I appreciate your sense of humor and/or wit.

• @lvthud
    @lvthud Před 3 lety +4

We don't have a 90, we have a 60, but yes, fantastic SUV.

• @jamespagonis4321
    @jamespagonis4321 Před 3 lety +1

We traded in our 2019 XC90 T6 for a new 2021 XC90 T8. All of your comments are spot on! We also have a brand new MB GLS 450 and although the infotainment is MUCH better in the MB the fit and finish of the overall build is better in the Volvo (in the hood and lift-gate areas). To us - The most noticeable difference between the T6 & T8 is the feeling of great adhesion to the road on curvy roads and the luxurious (quiet) experience when driving on electric only. Our MB has air suspension and a very solid & competent feel but the Volvo is comparable (and faster by 1 second 0-60). The T6 was great but the solid, heavier (but fast) feel of the T8 is very similar to the MB.

• @nkoster3717
    @nkoster3717 Před 3 lety +6

Turbo charged, supercharged, petrol electrified.... a tuners and mechanic's dream! Cant wait for volvo to throw in a diesel, jet, hydrogen, propane, coal and steam systems

• @rmwarriors16
      @rmwarriors16 Před 3 lety +1

I agree that this is so complex that I would hate to try to fix it when something breaks. Do not forget all those electronics like Navigation etc.

• @nathanielross8232
      @nathanielross8232 Před 3 lety +1

Turbocharged and Supercharged. What could possible go wrong?

• @darrencurd4462
    @darrencurd4462 Před 3 lety +3

V40 - going to pick you up on a minor technicality Alex, but it’s okay, you’ve never had the 2012 onward V40 in the USA so will let you off! It wasn’t the XC90, it was the Volvo V40 that was always the modern design language and they always knew at 6 years old it’d be the oldest model in the line up after the XC90, XC60 and XC40 which you have! I owned a 2013 UK V40 R-Design in Rebel Blue...Merc & BMW we’re left behind! Volvo should be the car of choice for anybody with a family, quality product. Cheers

• @joelbolton7252
    @joelbolton7252 Před 3 lety +5

I want one so badly. Such a wonderfully executed car. Volvo for Life.

• @danishviking6254
      @danishviking6254 Před 3 lety +3

I hope you get one very soon. I have only driven XC90 for the last 12 years. I don’t think I’ll ever drive anything else. When you get yours you will know exactly what I’m talking about. Love from Denmark 🇩🇰

• @amowaf
    @amowaf Před 3 lety

i like your detailed review

• @prashantkompella5372
    @prashantkompella5372 Před 3 lety

Alex, an excellent review as always. Would you be able to do a comparo between XC90 and Teluride. I feel for most shoppers the Volvo is an overkill and Teluride will suit just fine.

• @JulD.9032
    @JulD.9032 Před rokem

Amber fan here! Thought the Volvo would be on top of this for safety, but as others have commented, the amber color for turn signals distinguishes from the red color for brakes. I believe they're safer as Alex suggests. Great review, as always Alex

• @chili_d
    @chili_d Před 3 lety

Great review, Alex. Can you put your queue cards a smidge higher? Thanks!

• @edwardauerbach8036
    @edwardauerbach8036 Před 3 lety +2

I've leased the 2020 XC-90 in the basic trim with the base engine to replace my 2017 MDX. I am quite pleased with my choice. The seats are leatheret but heated and I have the upgraded electronics with adaptive cruise control, self parking and heads up display. I find the handling and response of the 250 HP turbocharged 4 to be fine for most of my driving and better than that of the MDX. My only fault with the Volvo is the lack of rear USB charging ports. I test drove the Audi Q7 and found the ride quality to rougher than that of the XC-90. I am more interested in performance and feel of a vehicle than if it is luxury brand or not. Considering what the Volvo offers, it is a bargain compared with other 3 row crossovers.

• @TobyCostaRica
    @TobyCostaRica Před 3 lety +2

5:40 Turbocharged, supercharged, and plug in hybrid?!
    Brilliant! I reckon that motor will live as long as her majesty - Land Rover
    Das very gut! - Mercedes Benz
    Mamma Mia ! Magnifico! - Fiat

• @devilsrighthandman769
    @devilsrighthandman769 Před 3 lety +1

Between this and genesis gv80 for me. Both very impressive crossovers.

• @wanasmav
    @wanasmav Před 3 lety +1

Volvo should give you proper accreditation, you’re gold standard in the automative video review for Volvo. I own both, XC60 & V40, I got more info from your video on technicality & practicality than Volvo itself.

• @hfwilkesjr
    @hfwilkesjr Před 3 lety

Thanks for another insightful review! As an owner of a 2016 XC90 T6 Momentum, I wonder what the take rate is on the XC90 configurations. Also, a comparison between the Momentum XC90 and the upper ends of the Highlander and Pilot lineups would be helpful. I’m obviously bias as a longtime Volvo guy but I very much like the serenity and solid feel of even the lowly Momentum trim. And thanks for mentioning the real world crash data and it’s influence on Volvo’s design.

• @asahelurgiles6131
    @asahelurgiles6131 Před 3 lety

I was thinking on the Mitsubishi outlander Phev (Toyota RAV4 Prime is going to be really hard to find until 2022)now this one enters the game.

• @Mariobrownio1989
    @Mariobrownio1989 Před 3 lety

Perfect vehicle, wish i could afford it as a second hand in a few years XD

• @jlwagon
    @jlwagon Před 3 lety

Hey team AOA. Another great review. Have you had an opportunity to see and use the wool interior option on the XC90? It looks very nice, but I'm not sure I'd be happy with giving up the ventilated Nappa leather. What are your thoughts on this and do you think the smaller models will eventually have it as an option? Cheers!

• @timmym8890
    @timmym8890 Před 3 lety

Really nice interior and exterior

• @Tinrs80
    @Tinrs80 Před 3 lety

I made a comment bout brand perception on your review of the Genesis G90. Had to change my acct name cause some dude sent me a rude message on facebook for sayin it. Thanks for the review tho.

• @bird718
    @bird718 Před 3 lety

saw the new vw atlas on the road today, hopefully AoA will get that to review soon.

• @drmoh2721
    @drmoh2721 Před 3 lety

Great review, thanks Alex. Just a couple of quick queries - any similar model that we can adjust the headrest to get maximum head and neck support? Are they better than Lexus Hybrid and Range Rover Velar?

• @predpalina
    @predpalina Před 3 lety +1

Did he not mention the Large animal detection safety feature only Volvo has implemented? It's the main reason I'm looking for new Volvo reviews! Very important to have for Canadian drivers.

• @BURGERJICY
    @BURGERJICY Před 3 lety +1

For whatever reason, I don't like the arm rest for 2nd row caption chairs. One major advantage of 2nd row captain chairs to me is that, it leaves a wide center passage for adults and older kids to get back to 3rd row without constantly folding the 2nd row, just like the minivans (although minivans do have those but they typically have wider interior too)

• @tmmsplace
    @tmmsplace Před 2 lety

Amber fan. Love the yellow on my Jeep XJ. Nice red, amber, white mix.

• @iseuron
    @iseuron Před 3 lety +6

I honestly don't understand why the US doesn't mandate all cars should have amber turn signals. they are proven safer than brake-share/red turn signals

• @jlmnjr88
      @jlmnjr88 Před 3 lety

Essentially the lobbyist get in the way from companies like GM and Ford; both of which enjoy the freedom of being able to use the brake lights for aesthetic or cost cutting measures.

• @danishviking6254
    @danishviking6254 Před 3 lety +1

About the country club..... being an XC90 driver I’ll tell you we want to stand out from the German crowd. We are ok with the way they perceive us. Ultimately and secretively we feel we have made the the more intelligent and elegant choose in cars.

• @williamlong2682
    @williamlong2682 Před 3 lety +1

Surprised to see Alex open this video talking about brand perception LOL. I always thought he was the one who cared more about value and the car itself...but great review nonetheless.

• @rizzlerazzleuno4733
    @rizzlerazzleuno4733 Před 3 lety

Alex, you are the BEST. RE: amber turn signals. The ding dong Feds should make it a requirement that all cars have amber in the rear. They are required in the front and signaling from the rear is more critical than from the front so it is a no-brainer they should be amber in the rear. The rear turn signals in Europe, UK, Asia and other countries have been amber for at least 50 years. The other trend that has been going on for about 20 years and that Volvo has adopted, are useless "bumpers". At any speed above 3 miles/hour if the front or rear are impacted you are looking at thousands of repair cost. Anything above 10 mph the whole front or rear will just blow apart. The third row is for the kiddies. Great review.

• @InternetDude
    @InternetDude Před 3 lety

19:23 ahh the Volvo 240 font, yeessss!

• @robertduklus6555
    @robertduklus6555 Před 3 lety +1

Alex, re the cabin noise, in 2017 MDX, hybrid and non hybrid you reported 69 dB, how is this noisier than 71 db in Volvo????? I value your reviews for consistency, dont lose it.

• @jianyuyou8019
    @jianyuyou8019 Před 3 lety

I like amber rear turn signals. Looks colorful and it's safer. I watch your video just to learn the color of rear turn signals. Keep commenting on the color in your reviews. Thank you.

• @JoshIsReallyAwesome
    @JoshIsReallyAwesome Před 3 lety

Whoa black betty! Amber Lamps!

• @damedhelink7231
    @damedhelink7231 Před 3 lety

This car so luxurious and high quality, and 439 horsepower with a 0-100 of 5,0 seconds. And it’s so relatable, much better then my BMW and Mercedes

• @johanjonsson
    @johanjonsson Před 3 lety +1

Swedish-American amber turning light fan. :)

• @gro2709
    @gro2709 Před 3 lety

I'd be interested in how you think the Volvo stacks up to the Lexus RX 450h in reliability. I have a 450h and have had zero issues with it. It's a 2011 model year (I purchased it CPO in 2015) and it has never let me down. I live in Hawaii so we do get a lot of rain and have bad roads. Stiffer vehicles make for unpleasant long drives (I live on the Big Island so my trips can easily top 200 miles in a day).
    Thanks for your in-depth reviews. I really do learn much about your reviewed vehicles I didn't know.

• @2damax7
    @2damax7 Před 3 lety

Can you give an update on any new info on the 2021 XC40? I'm in the market to buy a subcompact suv and can't decide between the XC40 or the X1. Or should I wait to see what the Genesis GV70 will be like.

• @petegalindez9961
    @petegalindez9961 Před 2 lety

Great review as always Alex…first, turn signal colors? I couldn’t care less. If I can’t see it when I’m not in the car or while I’m driving, who cares. As long as they work. Wish it had a bigger battery/more range for the extra cost of the PHEV…bummer. Otherwise, great vehicle. I get the torque steer and oversteer in my RAV4 Prime for the same reason…not a great feeling…wish more power went to the rear…I prefer the manual steering wheel. I think it’s a safety issue too. I can easily move it out of the way to get in and out of the car if I’m in a closer driving position, which I do use do to my shorter legs and arms. With electronic adjusters, I either need to move the seats back (slow), or move the steering wheel electronically (also slow)….In a crash, I’m guessing having the manual ability to move the steering wheel helps with extrication. Not to make a blanket statement, but I find older folks and women with children (probably the larger category likely to buy this), would likely sit closer to the steering wheel (and of course me with my short legs and arms!…LOVE IT!

• @erickorff1919
    @erickorff1919 Před 3 lety +1

The steering columns in Volvos are manual as a safety precaution. They don't want drivers to find themselves in an accident with no battery power and not be able to move the column out of the way.

• @jashan-ed7zm
    @jashan-ed7zm Před 3 lety

love from Punjab bai 🙏

• @stevejoseph1664
    @stevejoseph1664 Před 3 lety +1

I'm an amber fan!

• @robyoungquist5803
    @robyoungquist5803 Před 3 lety

So Alex, do you think that we’ll see a redesign XC90 In 20221? If so, then I think I’ll wait instead of pulling the trigger now.

• @vc8160
    @vc8160 Před 2 lety

Yep still the one to beat, and no other manufacturer has touched it yet!

• @ayc020892zv
    @ayc020892zv Před 3 lety +1

Amber fan!!!!

• @thisisdrvvy6214
    @thisisdrvvy6214 Před 3 lety

5:05 Oh Alex...😂 you sounded so triggered when you said that.

• @SvikDK
    @SvikDK Před 3 lety +4

lol, this is a 200 k+ car in Denmark :) But it´s a great car, and when it get the google infortainment, it will be even more fantastic :)

• @EmperorWasHere
      @EmperorWasHere Před 3 lety

How does it feel to live in a top 10 country in highest quality of life?

• @christinearmington
    @christinearmington Před 2 lety +1

Acura burn 🔥

• @PurpleMusicPrincePianoCovers

Love this car, but I am concerned about the radar system being so close to the driver. The amount of energy/radiation/frequency they put out are exponentially higher than that of a cell phone, which the debate is still out on for exposure effects. Are you able to speak to this in any way? I also hear the 2022 will be using Lidar and not Radar, but of course who really knows if that is true or not. Thanks for the great video and breakdown of this incredible car, the XC90's truly are one of the most beautiful and safe SUV's on the road today in my opinion.

• @haptics2
    @haptics2 Před 3 lety +4

Red turn signal makes people following behind you to second guess whether you are braking or turning. It’s odd that safety prioritized company took design over safety.

• @handlealreadytaken
      @handlealreadytaken Před 3 lety

Pro tip: if you see both tail lights and the center mount come on then it's brakes, if the corner light is blinking it's a turn signal. Sorry if cars aren't dumbed down enough for you.

• @coadybarnum
    @coadybarnum Před 3 lety

amber fan here, just checked my truck and it gots red turny blinkies. hmm but i do like the wY that looks

• @InternetDude
    @InternetDude Před 3 lety

I like how the headrests look “thin”. So many automakers make the headrests huge and deep and they look ugly.

• @nischintr
    @nischintr Před 2 lety

Hi Alex, could you review of the MY 2022.5 XC90 which has a larger battery pack and a more powerful electric motor?

• @gtguy123
    @gtguy123 Před 3 lety +1

Hi Alex. I actually leased a T8 XC60 back in 2018 based on your review. I've really fallen in love with the car in terms of both build quality and refinement. Only downside is that it didn't fully meet my electric power needs. Based on your new review, I feel like the new battery setup might do well. With my lease coming up in 2021, would you recommend getting another T8, or perhaps look into a Tesla model Y?

• @sov19871987
      @sov19871987 Před 3 lety

I bought 2017 brand new, returned it under lemon law, 5 times in a shop. GARBAGE. Looks, feels great, but performance is no where to find.

• @gtguy123
      @gtguy123 Před 3 lety

sov19871987 damn sorry to hear that. Honestly that’s the main reason why I lease this type of cars. Too much tech that either have problems or get outdated the moment you buy the car.

• @sov19871987
      @sov19871987 Před 3 lety +2

@@gtguy123 that is why I decided to buy Ford f-150 two weeks ago. Bought the one that doesn't have air suspensions, not assisting driving, no stop and go, I don't need 20 camera views - just one when I back up. All I want is a car that can get me 100k miles without sitting in a shop.

• @lukimy2704
    @lukimy2704 Před 3 lety

Alex, please review 2021 BMW X5 45e, similar performance but V6 and larger battery !

• @vc8160
      @vc8160 Před 2 lety

X5 has very slow charging times, due to small onboard charger! Plus’s when the battery runs out, the regen is almost non existent and the fuel usage is very high.

• @ffsolutions9442
    @ffsolutions9442 Před 3 lety +1

No one will mention this? Ok then, I will - Alex flexing that “Safety dance” on the infotainment system! Nice attention to detail! 👍

• @nebiyu7001
    @nebiyu7001 Před 3 lety

This thing saves your life, don't take it for granted;)

• @bird271828
    @bird271828 Před 3 lety

Alex, a question at 10:17
    Doesn't a seat massage make the driver sleepy? Thank you for your review 🌻🌼🌷

• @tomeng9520
      @tomeng9520 Před 3 lety

No, you are rested when you have arrived after a long journey.

• @jayamin2889
    @jayamin2889 Před 3 lety

Amber lamps for sure. I feel red are not prominent when brake is pushed while signaling, especially the thin or small red signals. I would also go out to say red signals are hazard and should be not legal.

• @jc_usa_21502
    @jc_usa_21502 Před 3 lety

amber fan!!!

• @ultratech6671
    @ultratech6671 Před 3 lety

I read about a study that said that the effect that amber signals over red signals has was similar to the effect of adding the third brake light.

• @aayonce4
      @aayonce4 Před 3 lety

Could you elaborate please.?

• @ultratech6671
      @ultratech6671 Před 3 lety

@@aayonce4 the potential reduction in accidents is equal to that of the third light

• @aayonce4
      @aayonce4 Před 3 lety

@@ultratech6671 ohh okay yeah duhh lolz

• @Memo-xr4nu
    @Memo-xr4nu Před 3 lety +2

Alex Love your Reviews but the future is pure EV I am on my last Gas powered car. Please Review the new EV Caddy : )

• @Colin623
      @Colin623 Před 3 lety

The replacement for this SUV has been developed as an EV only, it comes out next year 2021, the gas engine is on it's way out beware !!! seen a photo of it, absolutely stunning !

• @accelerator5524
      @accelerator5524 Před 3 lety

pure ev is not the future

• @Colin623
      @Colin623 Před 3 lety

@@accelerator5524 Sorry to disappoint you.. but the gas and diesel engines are on the way out, maybe not so much in the USA, but the world as a whole is moving at an unprecedented rate to EV only, please look at this video, if that doesn't convince you then you are living in a fantasy world !! 😄😄😄 czcams.com/video/rCNjDTiq4Rc/video.html copy and paste if it doesn't work.

• @accelerator5524
      @accelerator5524 Před 3 lety

@@Colin623 jeah, cool cars i must say. however pure ev is not the future. gas engines can also be used with hydrogen, while diesel engines can be replaced with steam engines and so on. but i guess, a lot of people will use electrical vehicles when they can charge the car by itself. you should not expect getting chinese vehicles this cheap in europe and usa since they would end up putting taxes on them, increasing price maybe up to 2 times or more.

• @Colin623
      @Colin623 Před 3 lety

@@accelerator5524 Absolutely agree, while I take your point regarding Hydrogen, not enough money and energy has been put into that side of things, which is a real shame, as for steam, well that would be a non starter in my opinion, simply because it would cause so much pollution and noise, and as for the distance it could go would be very questionable indeed ! lol, would have to have a trailer on the back everywhere you go full of logs or coal 😃 or should I say smokeless coal ?
      I agree about the tax thing though, but even if they added say a 50% tax rate on the cheaper cars, would still make many of them way cheaper than what's on offer here right now, but of course that rate would depend on the trade agreement with each individual country ! but we have been through this before back in the late 60s and 70s with Japanese cars, much cheaper and better equipped than anything we had on offer, so as with most countries in the world, many car manufacturers couldn't compete, it's going to be the same with China, we already have the MG ZS EV , which is a damn good car, at about two thirds of the price of the equivalent European car ! so don't be surprised if you see many more Chinese brands over here doing the same, over the next five years or so !
      The other advantage of electric is it's so clean in public terms, cities would benefit hugely from a massive reduction in pollution, improving the quality of air, and noise reduction, plus many cars can be charged overnight at home ! not forgetting that solid state car batteries are on the way, which means a drastic increase in power and mileage they can do, they are talking over 1000 miles on a single charge ! whoever is first with that battery, will sell millions of cars, so the race is on as we speak, Tesla are believed to be very close to achieving this ! Take a look at this video about Tesla, it's absolutely eye watering what they are doing ! czcams.com/video/9h_CL1JxbCU/video.html

• @gman598
    @gman598 Před 3 lety

You think it could tow a little 5x8 enclosed trailer?

• @6.2ltrv85
    @6.2ltrv85 Před 3 lety

What is wrong with me that I still like the previous generation? I know the tech is old but it seems like a solid car. I mean we owned one but it was totaled. I am considering a replacement but am still drawn to the old model with low miles. Any comments as to why someone should steer clear other than old and or lack of tech?