Reviewing The World's Worst Tractor: How Bad Is It, Really?!? Belarus 250 aka T25

Sdílet
Vložit
  • čas přidán 2. 08. 2023
  • JOIN OUR EXCLUSIVE PROJECT SUPPORT GROUP With WEEKLY GROUP CALLS For Coaching On Farm Equipment Repair, Welding & Metal Fabrication! Its An Affordable, And Easy Skill-Building Program With Only A 1 Month Minimum!
    Learn About The Program Here: • I’m Launching A PROJEC...
    Join The Project Support Group Here: / membership
    MORE: For those who like the things which CZcams doesnt, join us on a free mobile app called Telegram, under "Tractor Hoarders Group Chat", in case we get cancelled on here, by following this link: t.me/TractorHoardersGroupChat
    Also, check out our Patreon page to help support the channel: www.patreon.com/OWFA?fan_land...
    SOME OF MY FAVORITE TOOLS:
    KNIPEX German Made Pliers-Wrench:
    amzn.to/35fchvN
    OTC Slide-Hammer Kit:
    amzn.to/3p7mq4Q
    Carbide Burrs - An Affordable Set That’ll Last:
    amzn.to/2VsxTgH
    SUNGLASSES I WEAR - Quality at twice the price:
    amzn.to/2VegmbE
    Regular Safety Glasses that I Use:
    amzn.to/2ATXtEf
    My favorite rust removal tool:
    amzn.to/3nxAfbK
    Makita Metal Cutting Chopsaw:
    amzn.to/3A6kVu1
    Yes, these are affiliate links! Thank you.

Komentáře • 137

• @officialweldingfarmingarch2041

JOIN OUR EXCLUSIVE PROJECT SUPPORT GROUP With WEEKLY GROUP CALLS For Coaching On Farm Equipment Repair, Welding & Metal Fabrication! Its An Affordable, And Easy Skill-Building Program With Only A 1 Month Minimum!
    Learn About The Program Here: czcams.com/video/LbxxZ4l9LnU/video.html
    Join The Project Support Group Here: www.patreon.com/OWFA/membership

• @MrBIGNAWD
    @MrBIGNAWD Před 10 měsíci +9

I HAVE 4 250A AND 1 400 AND THEY WORK HARD.. I USE MY 250A TO BUSHHOG EVERY WEEK FOR OVER 20 YEARS WITH ONLY OIL AND FILTERS AND 1 INJECTOR REPLACED FROM A PARTS TRACTOR, AND A STARTER 10 YEARS AGO...

• @erkigriffel551
    @erkigriffel551 Před 11 měsíci +15

Here in Estonia the t25 is everywhere pretty much every household has one of these i love this little tractor so simple and versatile.

• @jonassvensson8343
    @jonassvensson8343 Před 11 měsíci +9

For what I've understod the bad reputation comes from when they were new. They made them in long production runs and towards the end of a run tooling got worn resulting in bad fitment those tractors went almost directly to the crusher with failing gearboxes etc. Those that has survived until today will never die.

• @smoothbore4377
    @smoothbore4377 Před 11 měsíci +16

I've owned a Belarus 520 4x4 for over 25 years, and have no complaints. Yes, it's crude, ... but very effective.

• @magritteize
      @magritteize Před 6 měsíci +1

Belarus 520 was produced by by Minsk Tractor Factory located in Republic of Belarus. We can safely assume it's original. Good value for a buck.
      Whereas the subject of this video T25 was never produced neither on Minsk Tractor Factory nor in Belarus. This tractor has Владимирец (Vladimiretz) stamped on it's hood. This means it was produced by Vladimir's Tractor Factory in the Vladimir city in Russia which is nowhere near Minsk. It's even in another country. Presumably soviets sold all their tractors through the unified dealerships and gave the same title to the whole lineup: Belarus (which as I say is not right and unfair to comparably better quality tractors from Minsk)

• @iglouch9818
      @iglouch9818 Před 4 měsíci

Belarus was part of USSR with the same quality of product and same people!

• @magritteize
      @magritteize Před 4 měsíci

​@@iglouch9818 if Vladimiretz was of the same quality as Belarus then the world would know it under it's own name rather than under Belarus name. Belarus tractor factory survived strong winds of change whereas Vladimirets tractor factory not.
      I'd agree with the claim people were more or less the same though.

• @kurbuli
    @kurbuli Před 9 měsíci +3

Easy to repair, super reliable, low fuel consumption for 2 cylinder tractors powerful. Dont know who wrote these reviews, but at my homecountry in baltics they still cost 4-5k euros and those who buy them practically never sell them because of mentioned positives... For overheating issues, Ive read russian forums and what they do is fabricate/order smaller pulley for fan and that works really well

• @mt-farmlifeandoutdoors9002
    @mt-farmlifeandoutdoors9002 Před 11 měsíci +5

Man growing up we had a few of the 800 series and a 925. Great tractors and super tough. We even had a couple of the articulated models and dad is still using them to this day.

• @jenniferwhitewolf3784
    @jenniferwhitewolf3784 Před 11 měsíci +7

I really enjoy mechanical oddities, and this sure qualifies. It would be fun to do a pristine paint job on one just for the ‘Classic Tractor Fever’ parade and show life.

• @kokodin5895
    @kokodin5895 Před 11 měsíci +2

my coworker said one thing about overheating problem
    this tractor can work all day on full speed if you give it an oil cooler, because all the heat acumulated i the tin oilpan
    polish farmer wisdom

• @daveryan6624
    @daveryan6624 Před 11 měsíci +2

I loved mine and it was very handy. Plowed dirt and snow. Ran a snow blower. I ran for office on one. I pulled a wagon with 4 by 8 signs 1250 miles.

• @lukeeagles1756
    @lukeeagles1756 Před 5 měsíci +1

I love mine, not sure what year it is, but has the same twin stick setup. It used to have a snow blower on the front and railroad tracks on the back for counter weight. Used it like that for a couple years. Now it pulls logs out of the woods and I have a snow plow on it. Only thing I did to it was just add fuel and change the oil. Sits for months at a time and starts like I just shut it off. The cab cuts down on the noise, my neighbour said its very distinctive, he knows its me. Of course the farmers around me said its junk, but ive got nothing but good things to say for the little bit of stuff I need it for.

• @BaberJacks
    @BaberJacks Před 11 měsíci +3

Good stuff. The best is no electronics

• @floridagunrat1625
      @floridagunrat1625 Před 11 měsíci +3

Absolutely no doubt about that! All the electronics they pump into our modern equipment and diesel engines have destroyed their reliability.

• @holidayfartcruiserthe2nd749
    @holidayfartcruiserthe2nd749 Před 11 měsíci +7

New urban dictionary term: fabrifucked - having been fabricated in an angry manner or when said fabricator was just sick of it’s shit.

• @michaelklein3112
      @michaelklein3112 Před 7 měsíci

Keep following him! When he gets out his Bob Barker from The Price is Right show microphone out it is about to get really good. I would suggest you pop popcorn, get your favorite beverage and get into your recliner, it is going to get good!

• @starcarrier1874
    @starcarrier1874 Před 11 měsíci +1

Wow, glad this guy is back. Always liked his videos.

• @ivanteovanovic7325
    @ivanteovanovic7325 Před 7 měsíci +1

They are great! Mine is old 50yrs,i never repainted it or fixed its engine, everything still works

• @ThatKid2Diesel
    @ThatKid2Diesel Před 11 měsíci +4

My grandpa had a 65hp full cab Belarus that was a champ. Had it for 30 years. Traded it in on a new 73HP Kioti 3 years ago. Started having electrical issues and other things but after 30 years definitely got his moneys worth. It was a pain to start if you run out of diesel but I know they all can be. Would not call it the worst tractor there was unless ours was one of the good ones.

• @cabwaldo
      @cabwaldo Před 20 dny

I'm sorry, but if it's only electrical issues, I'd build a whole new harness from scratch if that's what it took. Anything new is gonna have 3 times the wires plus computers & emissions.

• @officialweldingfarmingarch2041
    @officialweldingfarmingarch2041  Před 11 měsíci +3

MORE: For those who like the things which CZcams doesnt, join us on a free mobile app called Telegram, under "Tractor Hoarders Group Chat", in case we get cancelled on here, by following this link: t.me/TractorHoardersGroupChat
    Also, check out our Patreon page to help support the channel: www.patreon.com/OWFA?fan_land...
    SOME OF MY FAVORITE TOOLS:
    KNIPEX German Made Pliers-Wrench:
    amzn.to/35fchvN
    OTC Slide-Hammer Kit:
    amzn.to/3p7mq4Q
    Carbide Burrs - An Affordable Set That’ll Last:
    amzn.to/2VsxTgH
    SUNGLASSES I WEAR - Quality at twice the price:
    amzn.to/2VegmbE
    Regular Safety Glasses that I Use:
    amzn.to/2ATXtEf
    My favorite rust removal tool:
    amzn.to/3nxAfbK
    Makita Metal Cutting Chopsaw:
    amzn.to/3A6kVu1
    Yes, these are affiliate links! Thank you.

• @BlueCollarBachelor
    @BlueCollarBachelor Před 10 měsíci +1

My dad had an MTZ-50. It was the best piece of equipment we ever had. Wish we had it back. Instead of using the primer pump, you pressurize the fuel tank with a blow gun and a rag.

• @user-tf9qd1nh6b
    @user-tf9qd1nh6b Před 6 měsíci +1

In USSR this tractor were named T-25. It were produced at Vladimir Tractor Plant (VTZ) and had no connection to Minsk tractors, real "Belarus" tractors.
    P.s. this engine got only 2- and 4- cylinder versions)

• @anthonyrespass3090
    @anthonyrespass3090 Před 11 měsíci

Thank you for sharing I love you little toy have fun with her, enjoy the work you do with her

• @Tennesseemountainhomestead
    @Tennesseemountainhomestead Před 11 měsíci +2

If it’s an old school garden tractor or a tractor in general, I like it. It looks beautiful
    Keep up the great work ChuckE

• @hubertrobinson8825
    @hubertrobinson8825 Před 11 měsíci +4

Those are strange tractors back in 80s a farmer in our area had some of those Belarus tractors one like that some 525s and a big articulated 4wd but problem was parts not readily available the hydralics were the thing on them it worked both ways steering was terrible and it seems every shift at the factory had its own designer one of the525s broke a rear axle due to bad steering ends the guy had to buy 3 used 525s before he got the right size axle he eventually end up with a grave yard of them i think he finally sold them as scrap hope he got his money worth

• @Overkill14
    @Overkill14 Před 6 měsíci +1

If the change of oil made that much of a difference I bet a decent external oil cooler would help a good deal

• @alfadoofus
    @alfadoofus Před 11 měsíci

Thanks for posting

• @maroman556
    @maroman556 Před 11 měsíci +10

Well they can not be too bad, This one is still here this many years later on the other side of the world.

• @J-1410
      @J-1410 Před 11 měsíci +2

That's because no one wants them, no parts, no service, poor quality in comparison, PITA to service and they were 50 years behind when they were new. Why they wasted time trying to sell them against things like the 66, 86, and 88 series IH or similar Deere, Case, or Allis, is a mystery. 1930s equipment in 1980.
      Also Bel-a-roose. Like the Country. Because that's where they came from.

• @edwardschwenk3100
      @edwardschwenk3100 Před 11 měsíci

@@J-1410 The thing is, THAT"S exactly what gives them their charm. It's like driving a car built in the old USSR. Things like the gearshift lever being mounted in the glovebox, or the drivers door being the only one with an inside door handle. 😂

• @austinjacobhunter
    @austinjacobhunter Před 9 měsíci

Excellent info! Im looking at a 310 4x4. Love your pintle hitch idea! Have a video of how you built it?

• @qualitymovers4573
    @qualitymovers4573 Před 11 měsíci +2

I have a 250 and it's a great little tractor. A little awkward where lift handle is when using blade, but other than that, no mayor complaints

• @cariboo4x4
      @cariboo4x4 Před 7 měsíci

Is steering box lubed by gear oil in hydraulic pump\drive housing?

• @379insk
    @379insk Před 8 měsíci

Lot of big 4wd tractors and combines were sold here in Sk. Majority ended up parked in the bushes. Terrible machines!!!!

• @andyloebrown8250
    @andyloebrown8250 Před 11 měsíci +1

The injector pump has an oil drain & level check. Oil fill plug/breather is on the top, 19mm. Takes about 60cc 10w-30. Pump leaks diesel internally into this lube oil. Keeping this oil fresh will prolong the life of your injector pump.
    Am interested to know what marine fuel filter you added on.

• @toomanymachines
    @toomanymachines Před 5 měsíci

we purchased a couple of those engines back 40 years ago. brand new for a irrigation pump. they sure barked with a straight pipe. you can here the oil centrifuge spin after you shut them down. Most of the tractors 520, 825 etc had very poor hydraulics and very poor quality control. I helped a neighbor rebuild his front wheel assist as it piled up as the seals were put in backwards. I fixed many tires on those tractors that had bolts, washers and even corn left inside to chew through the tube.

• @scrambler69-xk3kv
    @scrambler69-xk3kv Před 11 měsíci +1

Crazy, I have watched other video's where they talk about how extremely fuel efficient Belarus tractors are. You are the first person that talked about his Belarus overheating. It is the. same with German Duetz and Italian Same pronounced Sa Me air cooled tractors where they talk about them being proven around the world in all temperature conditions with no problems.

• @arthurlapp9818
    @arthurlapp9818 Před 11 měsíci +5

I rarely have a problem hooking up 3pt hitch if you unhook on solid level ground

• @artur8403
      @artur8403 Před 11 měsíci +1

Indeed. For this size of an tractor all implements are so light. I worked on it as an child. Most things I drove one side near lift arm and another side I just lifted with my arms to hook. Then these chain tensioners are also easy. Welded angle iron to lift arms and cut slot for chain. Release chain tension and put correct chain link into slot and tension chain

• @fruitfarmfords8243
      @fruitfarmfords8243 Před 11 měsíci +1

Yep, and you need to have an eye and a brain that can see what way to jiggle or pull/push this or that, to make the pins line up and go in..
      Just takes finesse, you can't go full ham fist, rage against the machine mode, cooler heads prevail.

• @fruitfarmfords8243
      @fruitfarmfords8243 Před 11 měsíci

* my biggest three point implement is a all stainless 500 gallon pto driven orchard sprayer that you can't move by hand, you just have to back up to it square..

• @Slane583
      @Slane583 Před 11 měsíci

Even then if hooking up an implement is that much of a pain a quick-hitch can always be installed onto something as long as it has cat-1 or 2 pins on it. I'd like to eventually get one for my little sub-compact but I only have a box blade atm.

• @richiefrizzell171
    @richiefrizzell171 Před 11 měsíci +1

I borrowed one from a friend of mine once to dig some post holes. The 3 point on his had down pressure. It would dig a hole in a hurry. Yes it was very weird to shift.

• @coburnlowman
    @coburnlowman Před 11 měsíci +1

They run on about anything that will burn. Like mine has only ran on used motor oil with a little gas added in. I beefed up the 3 point. It was destroyed when i got it. The clutch was slipping like it was worn out. I ordered a new one, but the old one was as thick as the old one. It is a really strange clutch adjustment. The ergonomics are atrocious. It has nearly broken my hands so many times. The down forces on the 3 point is awesome.

• @africadreamin
    @africadreamin Před 11 měsíci +14

In 1974 I was sent to Bangladesh to close a failed aid agric mechanization project, one of the tractors was a Belarus T50. I needed a crane or jib to move some broken rotavators so I fabricated a jib out of 3in water pipe with a hook on the end. An American Mennonite came across from their project to help and he drove the Belarus, he reversed up to the Rotorvator and went to lower the jib, the revs were quite high and the jib came down like a guillotine obviously powered down, talk about thanking your lucky stars no one was hurt. Later the minister of agriculture asked me to meet him at Chittagong docks where he showed me over one hundred Belarus tractors lined up on the dock wall. Half were T50s the others were T25s, the tractors had been there for some time as the paint was faded and the tractors looked like drunken sailers as many had flat tyres so they lent every which way. "How many can you take," the minister asked "They are causing great embarrassment to our government as they were a gift from Russia". "Two or three" I replied shocked the minister said "Mr. Roger I need you to take them all but I don't know what you will do with the small ones as they are useless as they constantly turn turtle. "You mean they turn over," I said "Yes he replied "They kill people". In my best diplomatic manner, I explained to the minister that the track of these tractors had been closed to the minimum for shipping purposes and all they had to do was to alter the rear wheel rim setting and widen the front axle. Clearly embarrassed the minister took my arm, "Come Mr Roger I need Chia (tea).

• @kdegraa
      @kdegraa Před 11 měsíci +2

The anecdote on the tractors flipping over and killing the operator is a summary of why foreign aid normally doesn't achieve its desired ends.

• @africadreamin
      @africadreamin Před 11 měsíci +1

@@kdegraa Your comment is a little disingenuous, in my opinion, the blame lies with Russia since as I explained the tractors plus many more machines were basically dumped on the quayside in a country still recovering from a civil war and a cyclone of biblical proportions that killed almost a third of a million people. The reason I was closing down a Western aid project was for the same reason, no follow-up support.

• @kdegraa
      @kdegraa Před 11 měsíci +1

@@africadreamin I'm not blaming anyone. It is this situation is emblematic how foreign aid can cause more problems than it solves.
      Bangladesh is now quite a prosperous nation where wealth is being created. They are not getting wealthy through foreign aid. They are getting there through enterprise.

• @AquariumRuss
      @AquariumRuss Před 11 měsíci +1

Boy, how old were you in 1974?

• @africadreamin
      @africadreamin Před 11 měsíci

@@AquariumRuss Thirty.

• @Wyowanderer
    @Wyowanderer Před 11 měsíci +1

Logcabinlooms has a Belarus tractor. Great channel to check out.

• @georgesarris2285
    @georgesarris2285 Před 5 měsíci

I have a 600 model from the 90s change a lot of things, cheap ones but can't complain, simple to use and cheap.

• @dmartens6267
    @dmartens6267 Před 11 měsíci +4

A auto oil cooler probably would work wonders.

• @derweibhai
    @derweibhai Před 11 měsíci +2

What about using a windshield washer pump and nozzle to mist the intake air when she gets hot. A couple gallons of water would last all day.

• @NMX777
    @NMX777 Před 5 měsíci

There is a Summer and Winter setting on cooling fan housing.

• @cariboo4x4
    @cariboo4x4 Před 7 měsíci

A friend bought a 250A or on firewall it is a T25A1. It came with an old manual that says to top up steering box among all the other fluids too. I pumped over a liter of gear oil into vent plug hole of steering box and it wasn’t filling up. I discovered it was draining into housing underneath that house hydraulic pump\drive. Is that a different variety of steering box that is lubed by oil in hydraulic pump\drive housing? Other than that all the fluids are good and great informative comments on this video.

• @mitchelltaylor9487
    @mitchelltaylor9487 Před 10 měsíci

I have one like yours , love it also !

• @edwardschwenk3100
    @edwardschwenk3100 Před 11 měsíci

Well this was cool. Can you review an East Germany built Trabant car next week? 😂 Those eastern block countries sure produced some interesting stuff back in the day.

• @ilmarszorgevics6342
    @ilmarszorgevics6342 Před 11 měsíci +1

Mtz 85 is the best cheap end powerfull. Runing it in family farm in eu. Its a beast.

• @trainwizard411
    @trainwizard411 Před 11 měsíci

I have that same tractor! Bought mine with a seized engine in southern IL a couple years ago. Still havn't got it running tho. The fuel primer is also seized so I might use your trick and install a 12v pump

• @andyloebrown8250
      @andyloebrown8250 Před 11 měsíci

My fuel primer was bad also, no QA on production line. Replaced unit with a new one from Ukraine.

• @stevenmchenry9276
    @stevenmchenry9276 Před 11 měsíci

Chuck you are my main man

• @lembaandres2370
    @lembaandres2370 Před 6 měsíci

Check Fuel pump oil level,could be mixed with diisel.

• @artur8403
    @artur8403 Před 11 měsíci +1

I just yesterday searched youtube about this tractor. It's actually not belarus. They put this brand on it but it's actually Vladimirets T25. I have one. Funny part is PTO stops when you press clutch. Was thinking to use with bale wrapper but can't use pto to run oil pump and it's own pump is too small even for wrapper and oil overpressure valve is regulated for too low pressure.

• @andyloebrown8250
      @andyloebrown8250 Před 11 měsíci

I believe that the Belarus 200 & 300 series were mfg'd in Vladimir Russia, hence the nickname "Vladimirets". 400 series and up are/were built by MTZ in Minsk.
      I own a 250AS.

• @gebeklitepe
      @gebeklitepe Před 4 měsíci

@@andyloebrown8250 All export tractors from the USSR were called Belarus. 200 & 300 series are export versions of T25 and T30 series produced at tractor factories in Vladimir(ВМТЗ), Lipetsk(ЛТЗ) and Kharkiv(ХТЗ). 400 series are export versions of the T40 produced at the tractor plant in Lipetsk(ЛТЗ). 500 series are export versions of the МTЗ-50 series produced at the tractor plant in Minsk(МТЗ). 7000 series are export versions of artillery tractors к700 series, produced by the Kirov Plant in Leningrad (now this is St. Petersburg)

• @andyloebrown8250
      @andyloebrown8250 Před 3 měsíci

@@gebeklitepe Much Thanks for the information. Now I have a couple more places that I can search for in Google Maps.

• @robertmcnair983
    @robertmcnair983 Před 3 měsíci +1

Ten years I own a 250 Belarus so good better than jd junk

• @bishopcorva
    @bishopcorva Před 11 měsíci +1

I think one of the reasons so many say these are terrible tractors is they're just repeating things they heard. Sure there could be a few legitimate tales because the stories have to start somewhere. Another factor that is working against it, is the fairly well founded notion that Soviet made things are generally inferior quality to contemporary pieces. This is a yes and no kind of thing. Yes often the civilian items were of lesser quality, however, the military items were actually rather well made considering the overall weaker economy the Soviets had for the era.
    Because there was no means of actual competition of manufacturers due all being beholden to the state (government). People there just didn't know better and there was no incentive to get better. Hence why up until 1991, a brand new Soviet car looked like it had been plucked right from the late '60s to early '70s. Lots of angles, flat glass, manual everything. Coming into "competition" with current year western technology for cars and trucks. So the Russian economy had to move away from decades of "this is good enough and where else can they go to get things?" To suddenly everyone viewing the former Soviet/Russian best as simply obsolete and woefully behind the times enough that it's likely that they'll never 'catch up'. As a side note, it's why closed economies are terrible and quality of everything goes down hill rapidly. North Korea has a closed economy and you tell me how awesome their economy is doing.
    Anyway, more on poor reputation of these tractors. Without digging deeply and using what experience I do have with com-bloc things. Most prime example is the Lada. It's a bad copy of a obsolete (20 year old at the time) French made fiat that the Soviets "borrowed" and decided to improve. (Side note: The French we're not really known for reliable things at the time, still aren't. Much like the Italians, don't trust anything electrical that's Italian.) Improve with a lower compression engine due to lower quality fuels, replacing important pieces, like the brakes that were ductile iron with a wonder metal. Aluminum. There's a reason why brake disks and drums are not aluminum, one of which is how quickly it'll wear out, another is that brake material glazes with aluminum making the pads and shoes just sorta... Not grip predictably. And things like crash testing weren't really done so those cars kinda fold up like cheap happy meal boxes in impacts.
    To help with overheat issues, keep a spray bottle of water to shoot into the fan to get a mist of water onto the cooling fins. Don't spray directly on the fins, squirt into the fan while it's running and moving air. It may not be instant but it'll help push the heat load down.

• @andryxa77
      @andryxa77 Před 10 měsíci

Haha, since when fiats are French? 😂 In regards of adequate cooling in hot weather/ climate- all its needs to replace a fan. There are 3 versions of these fans and one from t40 4- cylin similar engine will be a straight fit. Primary pumps are very cheap and would fit from any Russian tractor. 3 point linkage can be upgraded with one from MTZ, but would need some DIY to make it fit. Steering can be easily upgraded to hydraulic with extra oil pump fitted in various locations on engine or as a tandem pump- all available to buy as a kits in Ukraine or Russia.

• @bishopcorva
      @bishopcorva Před 10 měsíci

@@andryxa77 Eh, French... Italian whatever, the Lada was a copy of a copy and a terrible one at that. If I remember right. The Russians stopped making the classic lads design around the early two thousands. Egypt however, made them with all the "improvements" the Russians did and some of their own until like 2012-2015.
      Not that it's a huge deal. But the Soviet era did actually make some interesting, novel, and fairly well made things with what was available.

• @durainedavis1160
    @durainedavis1160 Před 11 měsíci

Oliver had oil bath front wheel bearings, live pto and hyd, 3 speed trany in one shift 4 & 6 cylinder engines, starting in 1930's until the end of Oliver in the '70's thanks to White Motor Corp. that killed Oliver, Moline, other well known farm equipment companies. Sorry to see Oliver go because that is what I grew up using on our farm.

• @drdrwoland1975
    @drdrwoland1975 Před 9 měsíci

Vladimirets. I have one. Great machine. Chris Latvia

• @danielflora2228
    @danielflora2228 Před měsícem

Very good tractor We have 6 Belarus on the farm.

• @antakalnietiskalnietis4163
    @antakalnietiskalnietis4163 Před 5 měsíci

One of the best tractors ever. Cheap, reliable, economic. Ok, some solutions are primitive, but if you pay 5 times more for everything, you can have a bigger luxury

• @rocksandoil2241
    @rocksandoil2241 Před 11 měsíci

Does it have one of those cockamamie transmissions like the bigger tractors? Other than that, they were rugged and had down power hydraulics - which was a double edge sword.

• @urbexandbrokenthings4806
    @urbexandbrokenthings4806 Před 11 měsíci +1

they really locked in that fresh soviet flavor

• @merlinmonson2133
    @merlinmonson2133 Před 11 měsíci

Very nice

• @pvtimberfaller
    @pvtimberfaller Před 11 měsíci +1

They had their weak points but they had some good features, esp low price.
    We had one of the artics and it was a solid performer.

• @stefanmarjanovic1781
    @stefanmarjanovic1781 Před 10 měsíci

its got summer mode and winter mode if its overheating check it the one with 4 cylinder has that option

• @stefanmarjanovic1781
      @stefanmarjanovic1781 Před 10 měsíci +1

and u can change pulley to a different size to make the fan faster

• @jamesmorrison1884
    @jamesmorrison1884 Před 11 měsíci

Shake rattle and roll. Not many hours and oil leaks. Takes a acre to turn but there not bad since there tolerance level is poor it works I have had 2... 520 4x4

• @lukey6534
    @lukey6534 Před 11 měsíci

No one that owned a Belarus tractor had anything bad to say about Belarus tractors. The dealer network was apparently really good spare parts wise in Australia compared the the US brands.

• @asherdie
    @asherdie Před 6 měsíci

Add an oil cooler in warmer climates.

• @Josh-vj4sr
    @Josh-vj4sr Před 4 měsíci

Can you put a loader on it?

• @woodchopinbeekeeper929
    @woodchopinbeekeeper929 Před 11 měsíci +1

Surprised you didn't pull out a crank handle n start it by hand

• @bmx4free
    @bmx4free Před 10 měsíci

The way you said Belarus could start the cold war again

• @milantomic2293
    @milantomic2293 Před 7 měsíci

You have not idea...I have that tractor from 1979 with not one problem...Periodical service only

• @Gugernoot
    @Gugernoot Před 11 měsíci

Was that glow plug just a glow plug or was it what's called a thermostart which has a heating coil and makes a little fire with some fuel in the intake?

• @Slane583
      @Slane583 Před 11 měsíci

I just did a quick search for a glow plug from a Duramax and it looks like it's just a glow plug. Nothing too special about it.

• @Gugernoot
      @Gugernoot Před 11 měsíci

@@Slane583 I'm talking about the original glow plug.

• @goatfarmmb
    @goatfarmmb Před 11 měsíci

Deutz Air cooled Diesel's came on the market in the 1950s

• @janosnagy4590
    @janosnagy4590 Před 2 dny

Correction:its not belarus its called Vladimirac.

• @jonathanwalda811
    @jonathanwalda811 Před 11 měsíci

I can't say anything bad about the liquid cooled ones very well made

• @arthurdewith7608
    @arthurdewith7608 Před 11 měsíci

Over heating of air cooled engines under load

• @joelmollenkopf3767
    @joelmollenkopf3767 Před 11 měsíci

Interesting

• @ZILAwelds
    @ZILAwelds Před 11 měsíci

German engine ... I like it !

• @WilliamDraper-ym3nv
    @WilliamDraper-ym3nv Před 11 měsíci

Cold starting is good, fuel economy is good. The rest is a bit crude.

• @raywhite1442
    @raywhite1442 Před 11 měsíci

It would surely burn if you poured diesel fuel over it just a suggestion

• @MrJeep75
    @MrJeep75 Před 7 měsíci

Cool tractor

• @kdegraa
    @kdegraa Před 11 měsíci

Back in I think the late 70s to early 80s Belarus tractors were sold in Australia. They had a bad reputation as being cheap and nasty. I never had first hand experience with one but I think most probably the people buying them did not treat them as well as they should have. It is probably similar to modern Chinese tractors. They too have a bad reputation but most probably if they are treated well they would probably last. Of course spare parts are the main issue when it comes to tractors. Whether parts are available for Chinese tractors is a big issue.

• @Niknteen1
      @Niknteen1 Před 9 měsíci

A lot of Aussie farmers are worse than Hard on their gear. It blows my mind to see super expensive machinery of today, being left out in paddocks for days, to months on end.. then to hear them "grumble" about the lousy equipment they just shelled out so much for, down at the local.. I could well picture some Old farmer out in the hot lands beating crap out of an aircoolled tractor, bitching about it over heating.. lols.. I dont cart much sympathy for them.. just a shake of the head.. I've seen a few of these ol'Lady's here n there in my travels.. I got a soft spot for tractors..If I owned a spot of land, I reckon I'd be a tragic tractor collector.. Tractors and "anything" lister..

• @tombob671
    @tombob671 Před 11 měsíci +1

The "AK47" of small tractors 💪👍

• @acanadianineurope814
    @acanadianineurope814 Před 11 měsíci

That is quiet the racket

• @usefulcontent9894
    @usefulcontent9894 Před 11 měsíci

If you like oddball, get a David Brown.

• @Slane583
      @Slane583 Před 11 měsíci

My grandfather had a David Brown for a little bit. He bought it off of a local farmer in the late 90's when the farmer retired and sold off his equipment. The only reason my grandfather sold it was because it was too big for what he needed it for and ended up buying a New Holland 1715 brand new from the local dealer. The 1715 has done everything he wanted the David Brown for but in a smaller package and it was 4x4. We still have the 1715 today and it starts up every time with no problems. :)

• @mrbill8542
    @mrbill8542 Před 11 měsíci +4

Even worse than a Branson ????

• @Bulletstop75
    @Bulletstop75 Před 11 měsíci

Are these reposts?

• @Marcuslobenstein
    @Marcuslobenstein Před 11 měsíci

Its an awesome tractor, small but realible

• @levimc6783
    @levimc6783 Před 10 měsíci

I own 4 belarus two 420 air cold and 500 520 liquid never have a problem with them I farm with them do 1500 to 2000 bales with them every year super easy on fuel and parts are cheap owned massey jd and international belarus is the best the only thing is better is zetor I have an old 5245 with 10000 hours never bin touched

• @Sv5YpWTwd9otTA4So83f
    @Sv5YpWTwd9otTA4So83f Před 11 měsíci

I suspect that a lot of the hatred towards these comes from earlier days, when they were sold without effective local support and the only way to get parts would have been to do PI-level research just to find someone who would sell you parts to arrive in a week at best. I think that would have been compounded by the folks buying them having been of the type who wanted to 'just buy a new one' and have it 'not cause them problems or need parts' as opposed to being open to a little farmer engineering.
    Not to mention being made by 'evil communists' (Russians after they freed themselves from foreign rule by the likes of Trotsky, Litvinov and Kaganovich).

• @user-ls8jo2me3g
    @user-ls8jo2me3g Před 6 měsíci

Хороший трактор, в России они очень востребованы для небольших хозяйств.

• @apollorobb
    @apollorobb Před 11 měsíci

Bell-Uh-Roos. And you need to learn how to use a 3 point hitch i use them everyday now granted i have a quick hitch but if you buy one 3 points are easy to use

• @mrpumpken
    @mrpumpken Před 11 měsíci

Chucky Carburetor

• @agroprom9751
    @agroprom9751 Před 11 měsíci

These tractors were produced in Ukraine at the Kharkov plant, then production was transferred to the city of Vladimir in 1973. You have a 1973 or 1974 model, transitional from XTЗ to Vladimirets. These tractors are no longer produced, the factory no longer exists.-----------Эти трактора производились в Украине на Харьковском заводе, потом производство было перенесено в город Владимир в 1973 году. У вас модель 1973 или 1974 года, переходная от ХТЗ к Владимирцу. Эти трактора больше не производят,завода больше нет.

• @topquality9949
    @topquality9949 Před 8 měsíci

The best tractor in the world

• @deant876
    @deant876 Před 11 měsíci

I remember your Mahindra as the worst tractor

• @AquariumRuss
    @AquariumRuss Před 11 měsíci

this is not "Belarus", this is "Vladimirets". the fact that even the owner of the tractor does not know its brand suggests that either this tractor never breaks down at all, or spare parts from everything that is at hand - from Toyota, from Volvo, from Volkswagen - fit it... either of these two assumptions suggests that this is a Good Tractor! we must buy it!

• @robertmcnair983
    @robertmcnair983 Před 3 měsíci +1

Lots fun drunk on tractor

• @tonybaggett1984
    @tonybaggett1984 Před 11 měsíci

AK-47 of tractors

• @VansCargo-pj7qq
    @VansCargo-pj7qq Před 11 měsíci +1

I have one does a lot not perfect but always starts and good on fuel

• @k.b1596
    @k.b1596 Před 10 měsíci +1

If you bought ruined tractor or you ruined it its your fault. I am from former soviet country(latvia) and those tractors are pretty much everywhere and other soviet tractors too. They are great, simple and durability is strong even when not taking a good care of it. So stop say worlds worst mybe be you are the worst owner.

• @cannotsay5505
    @cannotsay5505 Před 11 měsíci

China has built many far worse tractors....

• @kyletrump8025
    @kyletrump8025 Před 10 měsíci +1

Floor jacks and prybars to hook up 3pt inplements? Lol, what? Why do you have so much difficulty hooking stuff up? Maybe you just dont know what your doing? Takes me 5 minutes to swap my 3pt stuff..with no floor jacks or prybars..