Challengers | Ep1 Testing T6

Sdílet
Vložit
  • čas přidán 26. 08. 2024

Komentáře • 38

• @tullochgorum6323
    @tullochgorum6323 Před 5 měsíci +12

Let's hope that this is finally a winning campaign, It's been an unbroken series of defeats over 170 years and 36 competitions. I've been following the Cup for over half a century, so if you guys don't bring it home soon I will have left the planet...

• @rogerprout5574
      @rogerprout5574 Před 5 měsíci

They are up against it for sure. If I had to pick a team to go up against the kiwis it would be Italy

• @Sprintonthehamsterwheel
      @Sprintonthehamsterwheel Před 5 měsíci +2

Don’t be to disappointed on your death bed…. My country won it lost it and then sank…… and we quit never to return….. almost makes me wish I was a kiwi………almost

• @tullochgorum6323
      @tullochgorum6323 Před 5 měsíci +2

@@Sprintonthehamsterwheel Well, from memory you have won 1 in 5, while we have lost 36 in a row. So you have, to put it mildly, done better than Britain. It's a pity that you can't put a challenge together these days - it's always fun to watch the Kiwis and Aussies going at each other!

• @rogerprout5574
      @rogerprout5574 Před 5 měsíci

@@Sprintonthehamsterwheel the Aussies could win it again with the top sailors they have at the moment

• @julian4548
      @julian4548 Před 5 měsíci +1

Need designers and builders as much as sailors. As has always been the case I reckon.

• @huntGRN
    @huntGRN Před 5 měsíci +9

Great video. Would dial down the heavy drama drums by 80%. It gets rather old quick.

• @honahwikeepa2115
    @honahwikeepa2115 Před 5 měsíci +5

Kiwi's are the standard today. They know how to build and fly their machines.

• @dancarter482
    @dancarter482 Před 5 měsíci +2

_Back at the dock, dry and not on fire_ ~ Yeah, any landing you walk away from is a "Good landing".

• @Paul-ik8fm
    @Paul-ik8fm Před 5 měsíci +2

You guys might win it one day its a bit like the soccer world cup, won it the first time and done buggar all since. I mean at least you try.

• @honahwikeepa2115
    @honahwikeepa2115 Před 4 měsíci

All the best lad's.

• @jford1
    @jford1 Před 4 měsíci +1

Come on Ben + team, bring the Cup home!!!!

• @jerryholdcroft4607
    @jerryholdcroft4607 Před 4 měsíci

The foil cavitation issue will limit any significant speed increases for all the boats, hopefully a tighter race this time.

• @dwapo
    @dwapo Před 4 měsíci

Have you tried "no foil cant arms" design concept? Bet it would reduce some drag there.

• @1lionconqueror
    @1lionconqueror Před 4 měsíci +1

don't let ainsley crash it into someone else

• @barneyrubble9309
    @barneyrubble9309 Před 5 měsíci +2

think you need Adrian Newey rather than Merc...based on current F1 performances.

• @Mrlang74
    @Mrlang74 Před 5 měsíci +1

Didn’t the rudder break twice??

• @MakaiMauka
    @MakaiMauka Před 4 měsíci +1

Need to go back to sailboats

• @zinny01
    @zinny01 Před 5 měsíci +5

Ben is too old to know what it takes to win in these machines. You have to race it like a 49er (that’s the boat not the age of the pilot).

• @huntGRN
      @huntGRN Před 5 měsíci +3

Like you have any idea 😂😂

• @zinny01
      @zinny01 Před 4 měsíci +1

@@huntGRN Ben Ainsley is the Mr Bean of the America’s Cup. Good quality entertainment watching him spend millions on slow uncompetitive boats.

• @julian4548
    @julian4548 Před 5 měsíci +1

Without a doubt the under dogs ….

• @smacksman1
    @smacksman1 Před 5 měsíci +1

Whatever the boat, the starts last time were terrible. The races were lost before the start.

• @MA-ys7sl
    @MA-ys7sl Před 4 měsíci

So T6 is just like F1 60% wind tunnel’s scale, the difference is that you can test it in real life rather than on a wind tunnel.

• @robertbaird4822
    @robertbaird4822 Před 4 měsíci

The biggest problem with the poms ,IS STAYING UPRIGHT,NEED TO GET RID OF TOM

• @tomhermens7698
    @tomhermens7698 Před 5 měsíci

Whatever, boat must be faster than the one in the last Cup. Seems a lot of drag on the foils.

• @nigeldurant
    @nigeldurant Před 4 měsíci +4

WHY WHY WHY do we have to listen to this endless background music!!!! GET RID OF IT. We want to hear what you are saying NOT the soundtracks for the next Gladiator film. !!!!!!!!

• @robertbaird4822

Poor poms ,forest to be ELIMINATED,AGAIN

• @robertbaird4822

You can't sail a slab

• @warjacare
    @warjacare Před 4 měsíci

I am a sailor and must say that all this is a ridiculous waste of money. BIZARRE
    😮

• @Trajectionable
    @Trajectionable Před 5 měsíci +3

Win the Cup, take it home, and ditch these hyperactive garbage scows forever.

• @philippesails4973
    @philippesails4973 Před 5 měsíci +1

An interesting concept:
    The sailing techniques, talents, technicity, tacits, strategies lost content, interest and complexity in an inverted way as the speed of the boats increased.
    Since the Bermuda AC, it is getting absolutely boring to follow or watch, lost the traditional sailing audience and doesn’t replace it with a new audience as F1 is way more interesting to watch.
    …AC with those boats is a money pit!

• @peterthomas6566
      @peterthomas6566 Před 4 měsíci +2

Quite, same as has happend in F1 and the Volvo Ocean race, such is the price for trying to appeal to a wider audience, whilst at the same time losing the support of longterm sailing enthusiasts