Campervan DIY Kitchen Unit Build & Smev Dometic 9222 Fitting & Installation Guide VW T4

Sdílet
Vložit
  • čas přidán 6. 09. 2024
  • In this video I show how I build my own kitchen unit and install a Smev / Dometic 9222 Hob & sink unit in to my VW T4 Transporter Campervan Conversion (See description for links). I make the campervan kitchen unit from the same gloss black sparkle material as all the other units within the VW T4 Camper. I design the Smev kitchen pod to be separate from the toilet utility pod so that the toilet can be removed from the back of the VW T4 campervan without effecting the Smev kitchen pod design or install.
    The Smev 9222 did not come with a template so I used the box it came it to make my own. Using this template for the Dometic 9222 I cut the required hole in the worktop. I then cut and build the rest of the T4 campervan kitchen units around the worktop with storage cupboards and a metal lined gas locker all incorporated within the unit.
    Once the kitchen pod is build and installed within the VW T4 campervan conversion, I fit a microswitched tap to the Smev 9222 and wire it to a submersible pump and show how to wire the microswitch tap to the power supply. I also cut a hole for drainage through the floor of the van so waste water can be collected from under the van.
    Building campervan kitchen units from scratch is easy enough if you plan and design it out beforehand and installing the Smev 9222 is relatively easy but does require some gas connections fitting so please get those checked over for safety if fitting yourself.
    If you found the video useful, please rate it, view my channel for more useful conversion videos and Subscribe to follow the completion of this VW T4 Transporter campervan conversion and my adventures to follow.
    Consider supporting the channel by becoming a member:
    / @thecampervanbuilder
    The following are eBay affiliate links for items used in this video and as an eBay partner, I may be compensated if you choose to make a purchase:
    Smev 9222
    hwb7h.app.goo....
    Smev Fitting Kits:
    hwb7h.app.goo....
    Taps:
    hwb7h.app.goo....
    Social:
    Visit My New Website The Campervan Builder
    www.thecamperv...
    Consider Supporting My Channel Via Patreon:
    / thecampervanbuilder
    Follow My Facebook Page: