Van Creations - Westdubs Roof Demo - VW T5 & T6

Sdílet
Vložit
  • čas přidán 21. 08. 2024
  • We run through the operation and available options of the Westdubs Elevating Roof, available for the VW T5 & T6's.
    Please like and Subscribe to our channel - / @vancreations

Komentáře • 11

• @chriswatts1909
    @chriswatts1909 Před 5 měsíci

Very nice demo. We are thinking of getting a motor home soon.

• @VanCreations
      @VanCreations  Před 4 měsíci

Go for it if your can. Nice to be able to use for days out or weekends/weeks away. We use ours more for days out than camping but its so handy to randomly stop at a beach on the way home and have food and drink whilst watching the sunset. Regards Simon

• @thunderchild2237
    @thunderchild2237 Před 2 lety

Anything better on the market than the tie down straps

• @VanCreations
      @VanCreations  Před 2 lety +1

A few different roof manufacturers have come up with various locking mechanisms on their roof such as the Skyline Roof Aurora and SCA.
      SCA use a Southco Locks mech on some of their roofs.
      There are pro's and cons to both methods from what we've seen over the years but we've never had an issue with the straps other than maybe them fraying over time and needing to be replaced but this cost is minimal.
      We have been looking into designing a retro fit clamp to use with or instead of the straps but this only in design at the moment.

• @thunderchild2237
    @thunderchild2237 Před 2 lety +1

I notice you put the hooks of the scenic front bit to the sides , stating you were hooking them on the tie down straps .
    My westdubz has no tie straps at side , only the click strap that goes from one side to the other when lowering roof .
    Have you photo at all of how you hook your front bit up please ?

• @VanCreations
      @VanCreations  Před rokem +1

Hi,
      Your installer should have installed some small plastic D loops on the roof, either side of the bed board, for you to hook your scenic canvas back on to!
      Cheers
      Simon

• @thunderchild2237
      @thunderchild2237 Před rokem

@@VanCreations
      I now know this information through westdubz direct.
      Seems my installer became lazy as he said he didn't know what the rings were for when I sent him a photo of them

• @chriswatts1909
    @chriswatts1909 Před 5 měsíci

How do you get into the top roof bed? Is there a ladder?

• @VanCreations
      @VanCreations  Před 4 měsíci

Hi Chris, Your rotate the passenger seat and then can step up on the seat and boost yourself into the roof bed. It's not too difficult to do. Regards Simon

• @justineknight3580
    @justineknight3580 Před rokem +1

Is that carpet lining smoke colour?