Why We're Selling The Polygon Siskiu T8!!!

Sdílet
Vložit
  • čas přidán 9. 06. 2024
  • Our journey with the Polygon Siskiu T8 has come to an end! It's been an amazing ride with these bikes, and the progression was just unbelievable! A massive thanks to ‎BikesOnline and Polygon for these steeds. You guys have this bike absolutely dialled!!
    Thank you guys so much for watching, we hope you enjoyed and we'll catch you guys in the next one!
    #bike #bikesonline #polygon #mtb #mtbbiking #mtbiking #polygonmtb

Komentáře • 51

• @slowyourrole
    @slowyourrole Před 10 dny +1

I fixed the internal cable rattling in my T8. It was easy. I used internal housing damping foam. I think it was Jagwire brand that i used. Its completely silent now.

• @TwinPeaks_MTB
      @TwinPeaks_MTB  Před 10 dny +1

Thanks man, hopefully people read this comment!!

• @markusb9544
    @markusb9544 Před 5 měsíci +3

I'm glad to see you boys got to the T8's limits and were able to take them to the edge and are now ready for something new. Can't wait to see what you get next! Exciting times ahead for the both of you!

• @Steezy_MTB
    @Steezy_MTB Před 6 měsíci +2

Cant wait to see what you got for new bike day

• @zjedinite
    @zjedinite Před 6 měsíci +5

This kid is like a young Steve Irwin of mountain bikes 😁

• @TwinPeaks_MTB
      @TwinPeaks_MTB  Před 6 měsíci +2

I hope we made it entertaining!! 😁

• @zjedinite
      @zjedinite Před 6 měsíci

@@TwinPeaks_MTB absolutely! My son is about your age and he is starting to or “aspiring” to be a CZcamsr. You are at 250+ subs and 800+ views. 👏🏽 keep it going!
      I showed him your channel for some inspiration and motivation. Well done! 💪🏼
      He works hard yet he’s content needs work, but he’s at it and all I can do is to be supportive and try to help even tho I’m clueless to his topic, which is gaming 🤷🏻‍♂️

• @markhinchelwood4738
    @markhinchelwood4738 Před 6 měsíci +3

Looking forward to seeing what bikes you guys end up with. Let’s ride soon!

• @TwinPeaks_MTB
      @TwinPeaks_MTB  Před 6 měsíci +1

100% Mark, we’ll be hitting greenvalleys ASAP!! 🤙

• @markhinchelwood4738
      @markhinchelwood4738 Před 6 měsíci +1

@@TwinPeaks_MTB let me know when your heading down - will try and hook up with a crew for you to ride with.

• @crowe887
    @crowe887 Před 4 měsíci +1

Definitely reminds me of Robert Irwin, very well articulated and informative, good job.

• @TwinPeaks_MTB
      @TwinPeaks_MTB  Před 4 měsíci

🤣 Cheers man, I’ll take that compliment any day!!

• @mtbboy1993
    @mtbboy1993 Před 6 měsíci +1

3:41 Maybe a longer cable would help, maybe Jagwire Anti-Kink End Cap would help. Maybe using some rubber wrapped around the cable, where it goes into the frame, so it moves less. I wrapped inner tube I cut into 1 cm wide strip wrapped it, used zip tie at the end, I had a bike where cable rubbed on the chain stay. But for internal routing Jagwire have internal routing sleeves to put on the cable. I've not tried it.
    I'm glad I have external routing on everything apart from internal dropper post. But a product I've tried lately was Jagwire 5G Tube Tops which was awful, falls off too easily, it's the latest version of the rubber pads that protect the pain from the cables. But the old version was better, this one twists off too easily. I tried a product from BBB cable wrap which performed better.

• @agrsk8r
      @agrsk8r Před 6 měsíci +1

My T7 has this same issue. It doesn't matter how long the cable is. It will pull out any slack you give it in just a few big compressions. I took a short strip of gorilla tape and wrapped it around the cable at the first zip tie point next to the derailleur. That did the trick. 🤘

• @mtbboy1993
      @mtbboy1993 Před 6 měsíci

Nice.I suspected that would be the case. I'm not a fan of internal routing except for dropper post.@@agrsk8r

• @bodo_mtb
    @bodo_mtb Před 6 měsíci +3

I started my trail riding on a T8. They are exceptional bikes for the money. I have watched you both progress both online and in the flesh. I understand wanting a bigger travel bike and know first hand the benefits it can bring. I also know that going to 170/160mm in travel also has it's down sides particularly in Sydney. I think you will notice a massive difference if you are going to a 29" particularly for the tech stuff. 27" is playful but the 29" IMO is more capable over rocky/rooty tech terrain.
    I'm keen to see where you boys go on your next purchase. Again, IMO (for what little it is worth) geo and wheel size is more important than travel, considering your travel is 150/140 already. Nothing better than a new bike day though.

• @TwinPeaks_MTB
      @TwinPeaks_MTB  Před 6 měsíci

Thanks Bodo, I do agree with a lot of what you said but my brother and I really want to level up our riding with enduro racing and more bike park like Stromlo, Greenvalleys and Ourimbah so I think this next bike will be able to do it all of that

• @bodo_mtb
      @bodo_mtb Před 6 měsíci +1

@@TwinPeaks_MTB I totally agree and watching how you have both progressed then a bigger travel bike will be perfect at those parks. Gotta say, my Meta 29 is the best thing I have ever ridden...but my advice, go a 29'

• @TwinPeaks_MTB

@@bodo_mtb oops 😁

• @bodo_mtb
      @bodo_mtb Před 6 měsíci +1

@@TwinPeaks_MTB haha, you went 27.5" didnt you??

• @TwinPeaks_MTB

@@bodo_mtb noooo…. 🤣

• @STREETFIGHTER50
    @STREETFIGHTER50 Před 4 měsíci +1

Awesome video! Thank you! Y’all gonna jump on the Collosus N9?

• @TwinPeaks_MTB
      @TwinPeaks_MTB  Před 4 měsíci +1

We almost did! You can check out our next video where we told everyone what new bikes we got!

• @STREETFIGHTER50
      @STREETFIGHTER50 Před 4 měsíci +1

@@TwinPeaks_MTB Will definitely check yall out!

• @alex_rogan
    @alex_rogan Před 2 měsíci +1

Been riding a T8 for 2 years. Upgraded to 160mm Fox factory fork and X2 in rear. Changed the bike. XT everything also. The frame geometry is very capable. But for me it’s time to move on also.

• @TwinPeaks_MTB
      @TwinPeaks_MTB  Před 2 měsíci

That’s such a sick build, hope it rode well for you!!

• @avqr31english43
    @avqr31english43 Před 6 měsíci +4

My guess is N9? Yeah they might be a bit heavier but again that $$$$ value.

• @TwinPeaks_MTB
      @TwinPeaks_MTB  Před 6 měsíci +2

That was a big consideration but we decided to go for something else

• @RotormanMTB
      @RotormanMTB Před 6 měsíci +3

I initially thought this but I think they are too heavy, hency the value they offer - and too many bearings to maintain. The Meta AM 29er is my "safe" guess.. and a sound option also. Look forward to riding with you fellas soon.

• @TWLBJ
    @TWLBJ Před 6 měsíci +2

Can't go past a trek slash 8 22 model for the next bike 😂

• @user-tk8zc5ip9q
    @user-tk8zc5ip9q Před 6 měsíci +2

Is it a canyon torque mullet al 5 or 7?

• @TwinPeaks_MTB

Was definitely eyeing the torque mullets, almost got them so excellent guess

• @that_one_datsun9754
    @that_one_datsun9754 Před 6 měsíci +2

Final guess commencal clash

• @freddyassalt1190
    @freddyassalt1190 Před 6 měsíci +2

ill give you my norco storm 5 (best bike ever fully upgraded and perfectly running) with $100 cash on top 🤷‍♂🤷‍♂

• @lukas-a9234
    @lukas-a9234 Před 6 měsíci +1

That cable issue is so annoying. did you ever find a fix for it

• @TwinPeaks_MTB

Yes I really tightly put a zip tie on the cable right outside of the cable port on the bottom bracket, it solved the issue but also means more cable replacement 🙄

• @slowyourrole
      @slowyourrole Před 10 dny

I used Jagwire damping foam. My T8 is silent now. rattled bad before I used the foam sleeve.

• @evanamador2186
    @evanamador2186 Před 5 měsíci +1

VV

• @that_one_datsun9754
    @that_one_datsun9754 Před 6 měsíci +1

Alpine trail 7