Yamaha XS650 Running on a Boyer MK3 Electronic Ignition taken from my Triumph T140

Sdílet
Vložit
  • čas přidán 10. 07. 2024
  • Link to Johns channel how to set up the Boyer ignition on a XS650 - • Boyer Bransden Micro D...
    Welcome to the Old Biker Channel, I live in the UK and work mainly on the Yamaha XS650 and have done so a few years, if you need an engine rebuilding or any other work on your XS you can contact me from www.croftmotorcycles.com using the contact page. Also note that engine builds take time and can be quite expensive, depending on what you are having done, other than that give me a shout if your in need of some work on your bike (any bike), cheers Cliff.
    Thanks to everyone who has joined the channel, your support is much appreciated, I am starting a new and used online motorcycle parts store and will be adding products as much as I can and each product I sell will be the funding for more products for the store.
    If you would like to visit the new online motorcycle parts store, its called Motorcycle Merchandise and the link to the Website is:-
    motorcyclemerchandise.co.uk
    Help with the petrol fund by shopping at Amazon -
    www.amazon.co.uk/?&_encoding=...
    Donations always welcome -
    www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr...

Komentáře • 9

• @spotsterjon74cu
    @spotsterjon74cu Před 2 lety +2

Well clever👍🏻

• @johncooper7242
    @johncooper7242 Před 2 lety +2

Brilliant ! well done with the Boyer. i wondered if the advance would be the same . Thanks for posting the link by the way
    Listening to you losing it with the f*&5ing tripod sounds just like me lol .....ha ha god that made me larf .
    Clever removal of the bearing....you'd be the perfect companion to have around in a survival disaster situation ..

• @OldBiker
      @OldBiker  Před 2 lety +1

The advance seems much smoother under the strobe, possibly because the old manual advance mech had weak springs and the weights would fly out on every fire of the engine, due to the weak springs I'm wondering if the engine with the points setup was going full advance mode too early and maybe that's why with the Boyer it feels smoother with less vibration and has a lot more torque on acceleration. Lovin it!

• @johncooper7242
      @johncooper7242 Před 2 lety

@@OldBiker Boyers are brilliant arn't they. My 79 has incredible power and pulls like a train and often catches me out when pulling away ....its so much more responsive that either the BSA Spitfire or Triumph T6 I had previously......funny you should mention lack of vibration as I seem to have no vibration at all on mine either . I assumed it was due to the high bars and a balanced engine ,I didn't think about the Boyer .

• @NINORoinuj
    @NINORoinuj Před 2 lety +1

This bike os very beautiful . My bike install CDI.

• @OldBiker
      @OldBiker  Před 2 lety

Thanks Nino happy you like my bike!

• @mikeymike3240
    @mikeymike3240 Před 2 lety +1

Awesome job man, niiiiiiice one, did you notice any difference in performance on the test ride.

• @OldBiker
      @OldBiker  Před 2 lety +3

hell yeah its way better with the Boyer, in fact when I was changing it over I was even thinking "will this even be worth the bother" but glad I did now!