The ultimate 4Runner head unit - CarTrimHome T9 (and CTH T10)

Sdílet
Vložit
  • čas přidán 23. 07. 2024
  • I recently emailed CarTrimHome asking about their T9 head unit, and they agreed to send me one to install, test, and review. I love it, but it's definitely not for everyone - watch the video to see why!
    UPDATE: CTH has since released the T10 (linked below). The T10 is faster and better configured from factory, meaning less troubleshooting!
    2010-13 Toyota 4Runner:
    cartrimhome.com/Head-unit-for...
    2014-19 Toyota 4Runner:
    cartrimhome.com/T9-Android-Ca...
    2020-21 Toyota 4Runner:
    cartrimhome.com/Head-unit-for...
    These links are affiliate links where I earn a small amount of commission at no cost to you. If you don't think I deserve it, go to the CTH website and enter your vehicle instead of using the link!
  • Auta a dopravní prostředky

Komentáře • 62

• @datainmotion
    @datainmotion Před 2 lety +1

This is a real world, everyman's review. CZcams needs more of these. Certainly helped me make my decision about the T9.

• @funnyflix2
    @funnyflix2 Před 3 lety +1

Great wrap-up, definitely agree that this is really for people who don't mind troubleshooting and tinkering. It's not perfect but once you learn its quirks it works great

• @newlifeoverland226
    @newlifeoverland226 Před 3 lety +7

Good to know. I was looking at this just for the extra app availability but I think I’ll just hold off for now. Thank you.

• @RevereOverland
      @RevereOverland  Před 3 lety

Happy I could help! It has been great to have, but definitely not for everyone.

• @FranklinColmenaresSilva
    @FranklinColmenaresSilva Před 3 lety +2

Thanks for this! I was looking to buy a 2013 4runner, now I'm sure this will work.

• @w.w.beason9183
    @w.w.beason9183 Před 3 lety +3

It’s definitely the best looking option out there. But after joining the group and seeing so many mixed reviews I’m out. It’s awesome everything it’s capable of but I’m not the type of person the needs all of that. I’m looking into the Sony bundles from Trail Grid Pro for an easy plug and play set up. We use the Garmin Overlander for all nav stuff. I’m glad you like it! It just seems like a lot to me. Keep up the great reviews!

• @RevereOverland
      @RevereOverland  Před 3 lety +2

It’s definitely one of those things that you either love or hate. I’m glad I could help!

• @HTTR_FOREVER21
    @HTTR_FOREVER21 Před 3 lety

Thanks for the honest review 👍

• @kaotikris
    @kaotikris Před rokem

Good seeing you at Wes' shop the other day.

• @StanSheram
    @StanSheram Před 3 lety

In your spare time..(-: I wish you would do a video on GAIA maps using CarPlay. I appreciate the time you put into your videos

• @RevereOverland

That’s a great idea. I may wait a few months since I know they’re always working on their product and improving it.

• @goodguygto
    @goodguygto Před 3 lety

Hey Revere Overland!!, long time no hear!! ??? Anyways Merry New Year!, hope you had a great Christmas!!!👍👍😀😀😀

• @ronlunanII
    @ronlunanII Před 3 lety

Did you get any insight on using an accessory switcher with the T9?

• @ferix50
    @ferix50 Před 3 lety

hey so i recently bought this one everything seems to work but my only concern is the radio skips stations idk what to do to fix it please help.

• @determinazn
    @determinazn Před 3 lety

I have this head unit. Do you know how to do the split screen?

• @JV44HeinzBar
    @JV44HeinzBar Před 11 měsíci +2

Hi. After 2 years, how is the unit holding up? Any failures, bugs, etc? I'm looking to upgrade my 4runner. I'm looking at T9/10 vs Dasaita 11. I'm not a fan of the floating screen used by Pioneer, Sony, etc. These units, IMHO, look better than the options from other manufacturers.

• @amari1462
    @amari1462 Před 3 lety

Hello, I've got this unit install in my 18 4runner limited. It is beautiful, and everything was fine until one day....the sound just stopped. In my apps, radio, CZcams, Google maps...everything is still working...theres just no sound!!! Can you help me out?? It's been installed for 2 months, this is the first issue I've had with it.

• @joebagodonutssummertime8267

How are you getting the google maps, spotify etc to run? Are you hot spotting your phone or do you have a separate 4g/5g provider?

• @Yvshiii
    @Yvshiii Před rokem

how do you connect wireless carplay to this screen? I currently have this screen in my 2016 4runner and want to use apple carplay very badly thanks!

• @kmanxj5050
    @kmanxj5050 Před 2 lety +1

What camera did you get?

• @ReganMilne
    @ReganMilne Před 3 lety

Can it display transmission temp?

• @republicoverwatch5718
    @republicoverwatch5718 Před 2 lety

Will the T10 fit in a 2012 4Runner

• @seanpop2886
    @seanpop2886 Před rokem

Has a model that works with 2020 and newer models been released? The stock in my 2020 is awful.

• @jeffreylubin8682
    @jeffreylubin8682 Před 3 lety +2

Can’t you run the XM radio off your phone via CarPlay? Great video,! I’ve been looking at this unit for a while, and it’s half the price of the Alpine unit I found.

• @ThasmoFrost
    @ThasmoFrost Před 3 lety +1

Are those badges on the inside roof of your 4Runner? If so, awesome! I’d like to know where you got them and how are they sticking on?

• @RevereOverland
      @RevereOverland  Před 3 lety +2

Velcro patches! I just buy them as I travel to various places.

• @ThasmoFrost
      @ThasmoFrost Před 3 lety +1

@@RevereOverland Awesome! For a second I thought they were iron-on and I was thinking it’d be a bit awkward to do that in your car 😆

• @ameggs
    @ameggs Před 3 lety

What's the Facebook group you referenced?

• @viet8van8
    @viet8van8 Před 3 lety

Looks you have the model where the oem camera is on the rear view mirror. Did you try to splice the wire from that camera into the unit? That’s one of my concerns with this unit, I havent pulled the trigger on it yet.

• @RevereOverland
      @RevereOverland  Před 3 lety +1

I didn’t, because my rear camera was already broken! There’s not a lot of space to work with when trying to splice into the stock camera.

• @viet8van8
      @viet8van8 Před 3 lety

@@RevereOverland supposedly the wire for the camera travels from the rear view mirror down to the driver side A pillar. Thanks for the thorough review of the unit, nice to hear the good and bad will take this into consideration might wait for the t10!

• @junocide
    @junocide Před 3 lety +1

Post up a Spotify playlist.
    I think it's fun to listen to other peoples favorites

• @RevereOverland

I don't have anything interesting lol. I usually get on a kick of listening to one band at a time, so it's all playlists of Def Leppard, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rise Against, etc. Other than that I use the Spotify curated playlists like the top 50. There is a pretty good Guardians of the Galaxy playlist that I like to listen to occasionally though!

• @xselr8187
    @xselr8187 Před 2 lety

Great video! I just installed a T9 in my 2017 Tacoma TRD Pro 6 speed MT. Can you see what your T9 "vehicle configuration" model / year is set to and send a pic please? I am having issues with people hearing me during phone calls. Already verified the microphone is operational. I also can't get the steering wheel controls to configure and work. See pic for reference. Thank you in advance.

• @xselr8187
      @xselr8187 Před 2 lety

*edit* can't get pics of the vehicle config setting up here in the comments. I can PM them if you need.

• @grn9209
    @grn9209 Před 3 lety

Great you were in our area!!! (Lex_luthor14). Big Bend was AMAZING 👏🏼👍🏼

• @RevereOverland

Yeah! I’m editing the Big Bend video right now!

• @grn9209
      @grn9209 Před 3 lety

@@RevereOverland follow me on IG (Lex_Luthor14) and you can see some of our footage and pics👊🏼

• @shaweehillsworkshop4226
    @shaweehillsworkshop4226 Před 3 lety +5

After hearing about bad attitude the admin the t-9 group had, I wouldn’t want to have anything to do with that group!

• @RevereOverland

They’ve definitely put some great resources together, and usually help people out. I’m not sure exactly what I did to offend him though!

• @darriusholt
      @darriusholt Před 3 lety +3

Must have heard that from a mad customer. The owner goes above and beyond to help anyone who's having problems with their t9.

• @mrwillgates866
    @mrwillgates866 Před 3 lety

So you can hook a bluetube camera revue and front ? Right

• @RevereOverland

I would assume it would if it has an app that works on Android

• @fredventrone3379
    @fredventrone3379 Před 3 lety

You mentioned you got the wired dongel for the CarPlay. How was the wireless CarPlay interface? Sorry if I missed that in the video. Keep up the great content.

• @RevereOverland

I haven't even attempted wireless. I heard it can mess with other connections, and I don't want it automatically connecting to the phone when I get in the vehicle!

• @jayza9239
    @jayza9239 Před 3 lety

How did you connect the front camera?

• @RevereOverland

The head unit has a bunch of aux inputs on the back, so I just plugged in to one of those.

• @myintmaung3099
      @myintmaung3099 Před rokem

@@RevereOverland hi how you turn on your front camera?

• @user-nx8nv7dn3s
    @user-nx8nv7dn3s Před 2 měsíci

Где можно купить ??? Напишите пожалуйста

• @cesaratalig9075
    @cesaratalig9075 Před 2 lety

Did you lose your Party Mode after installing this head unit

• @papa7108
    @papa7108 Před 2 lety

Cool

• @claytoneftink1662
    @claytoneftink1662 Před 3 lety

What other options are out there?

• @RevereOverland

In this price range with these options? Nothing. $1500+ will get you the Alpine Halo9. I'm not a fan of the looks of it though.

• @claytoneftink1662
      @claytoneftink1662 Před 3 lety

@@RevereOverland I appreciate the advice. My sister is looking at getting a 2011 4Runner and wants a touchscreen.
      You said you had trouble getting the stock backup camera to work with the T9? Something about splicing a wire from rear view mirror?

• @DwightShoot
    @DwightShoot Před 3 lety

Pretty much if you don’t want to downgrade from your OEM don’t buy this.

• @proofpositive5741
    @proofpositive5741 Před 3 lety

dont sell out your channel by peddling hot garbage. We have enough channels that peddle hot garbage.

• @RevereOverland

I'm not peddling, lol! This video actually annoyed some people because they thought I was too negative about the T9.

• @gonzalosanchez6387
      @gonzalosanchez6387 Před 2 lety

Lol this comment makes no sense. I started watching and first thing I thought is "great another ad video" but he actually gives a really honest review.