Lognormal property of stock prices assumed by Black-Scholes (FRM T4-10)

Sdílet
Vložit
  • čas přidán 5. 09. 2024

Komentáře • 23

• @Tyokok
    @Tyokok Před 5 lety +5

so far the best lognormal of price and relation of returns explained! Thanks a lot1

• @bionicturtle
      @bionicturtle  Před 5 lety

You're welcome! Thank you for watching :)

• @wahwahsnores
    @wahwahsnores Před 3 lety +1

Thank you so much. This video clarified a lot of confusion around lognormal dist'n!

• @anil_k
    @anil_k Před 5 lety +3

Great video, David, as always!
    Although, your audio output was only in the left speaker.

• @piperwang7927
      @piperwang7927 Před 5 lety

Yeah, I find that out today as well, then I thought my mac is broken, but it works fine when playing other channel's video

• @KilgoreTroutAsf
    @KilgoreTroutAsf Před 3 dny

9:00 this is empirically determined n the Fame French model

• @Qbabxtra
    @Qbabxtra Před 4 lety +8

My right ear is lonely :/

• @user-or7ji5hv8y
    @user-or7ji5hv8y Před 3 lety

How do you show that a random variable is log normally distributed if the log ratio of it is normal?

• @corradoforza
    @corradoforza Před 2 lety

Thank you for the video. Question: shouldn’t be σ^2T the variance of ln(ST/S0) and of ln ST?

• @jamesmarsh4047
    @jamesmarsh4047 Před rokem

so the y axis says that the mean return is 16%? thanks

• @robwin0072
    @robwin0072 Před 3 lety

What do the symbols (Phi) in the equation represent?

• @ishankjain2393
    @ishankjain2393 Před 3 lety

Thanks for the lecture sir. How did you get those equations ? Is there any video on that. ?

• @robwin0072
      @robwin0072 Před 3 lety +1

If you have not found a response to the inquiry; the quickest method to create the formulas in Excel is by using the
      INSERT->Equation menu option.
      The best way is to use LaTeX. I love LaTex; I began using it over two decades ago, at NASA, as a summer intern, when it was just TeX.

• @chr971
    @chr971 Před 3 lety

@11:00 why do we need to introduce volatility into return? If bsm assumes mean return as risk free rate u(mu), then shouldn't it be 'risk free'? Why should it be affected by volatility?

• @SpindicateAudio
      @SpindicateAudio Před 3 lety

first, mu isn't necessarily the risk-free rate. its the expected arithmetic mean of the change in stock price over time.
      second, i think subtracting volatility is just a clever way to transform from arithmetic to geometric mean. i imagine it just comes out of the math of trying to equate the two approaches.

• @chr971
      @chr971 Před 3 lety

@@SpindicateAudio thanks for reply. I am talking about mu from bsm pov. In bsm model assumption, isn't mu geometric mean for risk free rate 'r'? My question is it sounds counterintuitive to call it risk free rate and adjust it with volatility.

• @dany1846
    @dany1846 Před 5 lety +1

great video

• @prasadkamath1205
    @prasadkamath1205 Před 4 lety +1

hi great video again, but I couldn't the link to the excel though?

• @bionicturtle
      @bionicturtle  Před 4 lety

can you please request in our forum, here is the thread for this videowww.bionicturtle.com/forum/threads/t4-10-lognormal-property-of-stock-prices-assumed-by-black-scholes.22469/

• @erenyeager4452
    @erenyeager4452 Před 3 lety +1

Mistakes:
    variance is sigma square x T not delta t.
    The excel sheet formaula there is extra sigma.