The World's Most Succesful Tram - Tatra T3

Sdílet
Vložit
  • čas přidán 18. 11. 2023
  • If you're from the former eastern bloc, you're probably familiar with this sight. A Tatra T3 tram rolling through the street, filling it with its iconic noise.
    In this video, we're taking a look at this iconic tram model, and why is it so successful.
    sources: docs.google.com/document/d/13...
    quotes:
    Rudé Právo: archiv.ucl.cas.cz/index.php?p...
    T3 modernization: prazsky.denik.cz/zpravy_regio...
    socials:
    Instagram: / thetramly
    Twitter: / thetramly
    music:
    Skladba Mesmerize interpreta Kevin MacLeod podléhá licenci Creative Commons 4.0 (uvedení zdroje). creativecommons.org/licenses/...
    Zdroj: incompetech.com/music/royalty-...
    Interpret: incompetech.com/
    Skladba Laserdisc interpreta Chris Zabriskie podléhá licenci Creative Commons 4.0 (uvedení zdroje). creativecommons.org/licenses/...
    Zdroj: chriszabriskie.com/honor/
    Interpret: chriszabriskie.com/
    USAGE POLICY:
    I release all my videos under a CC BY-SA 4.0 license.
    That means that if you properly credit me (link in the description will suffice, although I would appreciate if you could credit me right in your work), and you share your work under the same or a compatible (creativecommons.org/share-you...) license as this video, you're free to use it in your work.
    #tatrat3 #praguepublictransport #trams

Komentáře • 33

• @mrtin5523

Despite the painful fact that the T3s still make 99 % of the tram fleet in Liberec after so many years, there's nothing like the calming sound of a T3 running up that hill in the distance while you're lying in bed trying to fall asleep.

• @4tbf616
    @4tbf616  +16

3:13

• @interstellarphred

I recall a milling machine where I worked made by Skoda; It was simple, tough, and held tolerances very well, it was easy to repair. Glad to get to visit Praha, a beautiful place with lots of trams, and learn how clever the Czechs were, and to learn their previously unknown history.

• @agness6766

Im happy that you mention that T2 was still operating in Liberec around 2018

• @mirceapaul9724

In Bucharest we have the T4R variants. Still very reliable, but the society of public transportation wants to retire them, to make place for the newer ones. Such a shame....

• @mardiffv.8775

Nice, to see this docu about a great tram.

• @wojtekrafalski2019

Really interesting video! Unfortunately I've never ridden Tatra T3 or even seen it in person lol Guess I have to plan a trip to Prague!

• @BoredSquirell

I grew up in Belgrade which never operated T3s but had, and still has, a sizable fleet of KT4s.

• @shindenfighter3303

Ey, cmon. The T1, that spurred the whole lime of TX Tatrsa trams, was based on the PCC streetcar, for which the license was procured from the states. So they all are basically revisions of a 1930s design(which is even funnier, considering the polish or soviet deep modernisations that went all the way until early 2000s)

• @leexwolf3960

Finally video about T3

• @Pidalin

It's always sad for a Czech person to see in what condition they have T3 trams in Russia or in Ukraine.

• @EdgyNumber1

Hurrah for the Czechs!!

• @szymex22

Thats pretty interesting. As far as I know we don't have these in Poznań but we have the RT6 tatras. I didn't know that Skoda is based here, seems like we are quite the tram manufacturing hub, with also the city-owned modertrans manufacturer being here. There's also the FPS factory but I don't think they made a tram in a while.

• @orciw
    @orciw  +1

The T3 is realistically the second most successful tram in the world. First place is taken by the KTM-5.