*Fujifilm X-T3 Review* - bit.ly/XT3review
    *Luminar 2018 Review* - bit.ly/Luminar2018THS Code: THS10
    *Slovenská / česká recenzia Fuji XT3* - bit.ly/XT3recenzia

• @my_film32
      @my_film32 Před 5 lety

Hi, camere name, you video?)

• @mantiq7768
      @mantiq7768 Před 3 lety

How come you haven't linked your video here that compares the G9 with the Fuji XT3. That would bring some required perspective

• @TheHybridShooter
      @TheHybridShooter  Před 3 lety

This is the video that compares xt3 and g9, so I’m not sure what do you mean.

• @j16m02
    @j16m02 Před 5 lety +151

Thanks for the review. As a former X-T2 shooter and current G9 shooter, it confirms a lot of what I have found. For me, ironically, besides the IBIS, it was the Fuji lens selection that motivated me to move to Panasonic/m43. As mainly a zoom shooter, the Leica F 2.8-4.0 trio is as near to perfect as I have ever seen and they all balance beautifully with the G9.. Fuji currently offers no 24-105mm or 24-120mm option at all, and the fast 24-70 and 70-200 equivalents are huge, heavy and horribly unbalanced with the X-T3 body. I think you, maybe more than any other reviewer, understand that "user experience" is at least as important as image quality. Let's be honest, all these new cameras provide wonderful image quality, and only with pixel peeping will we see difference. Since I'm not paid for my photographs, my enjoyment of the experience is much more important to me than the differences at ISO 6400. Thanks again.

• @TheHybridShooter
      @TheHybridShooter  Před 5 lety +12

You're welcome, if you don't fast lenses to compensate for the crop factor, M43 lens selection is indeed great. User experience is definitely very important.

• @Ricardo-SW
      @Ricardo-SW Před 5 lety +20

" Since I'm not paid for my photographs, my enjoyment of the experience is much more important to me than the differences at ISO 6400" So true- couldn't have said it better!

• @buddyWalrus
      @buddyWalrus Před 5 lety +2

Just wanted to mention that while I haven't used it, the fuji xf 18-135mm is gonna be pretty close to your 24-120mm requirement. It's not really to my tastes though, I would personally prefer the 16-55 or 18-55 xf as an all around workhorse supplemented by any of the telephoto zooms or primes. Their 16-80 f/4 is also due sometime in 2019. Both Fuji and MFT systems are great regardless.

• @j16m02
      @j16m02 Před 5 lety +5

I'd agree. I owned the 18-135 when I was shooting Fuji and for me it fell more into the travel lens category.Totally arbitrary, but to me the 12-60 is my every day and the 14-140 is my travel lens, but that lens epitomizes my issues with Fuji zooms and was one of the main reasons I left Fuji. While it was ok, it was definitely "not the sharpest knife in the drawer".Rather like the Sony E 18-135. Exact same focus range, aperture range and including IS. The Fuji however is 1cm longer, 1 cm larger in diameter and weighs 160g more than the Sony. To say it balanced poorly with the X-T20, which was my travel body, would be generous. The grip didn't help because it didn't leave enough room between the barrel and the grip, for anybodies fingers. It was just passable on the X-T2 as long as you added the accessory grip. (the Area-Swiss one, not the battery grip).Not to mention, almost 2x the weight of the Lumix 14-140mm II, with a shorter focal range, and in my opinion, opinion, optically inferior. Just my 2 cents.

• @stevelink21
      @stevelink21 Před 5 lety +3

Hi James. Well, obviously the preference of one system, body, ergonomics, and "balance" over another, is quite subjective indeed. As a Fuji X-System user, I find that the X-T3 WITH Grip, provides an excellent "balance", at least for the XF16-55 f/2.8, XF55-200 f/3.5-4.8, and the supremely sharp XF80mm f/2.8 Macro! Enjoy whatever gear you use, and Happy 2019!

• @panhaveng6788
    @panhaveng6788 Před 5 lety +25

You are the one of the best Camera Reviewers on this platform , This is extremely informative and very detail ..
    Thanks you

• @MrGolan5
    @MrGolan5 Před 4 lety

Thanks for the video - it was very helpful for me! :) Looking forward to seeing next ones!

• @dirkluchtman
    @dirkluchtman Před 5 lety +8

THE comparison I was waiting for! Thanks al lot Hybrid Shooter (for this and many other excellent videos)!

• @TheHybridShooter
      @TheHybridShooter  Před 5 lety

You're welcome, I hope that it was helpful!

• @dirkluchtman
      @dirkluchtman Před 5 lety

Yes it was, very much. However, I still did not make up my mind about which camera to buy in 2019. What pushes me away from the XT3 is the lack of stabilization and the socalled watercolor and wormy effects often visible in distant detail, like foliage. Also I do not like that Fujis underexpose at the same iso settings compared to other brands. G9's drawback is its sensor size and sensor aspect ratio, which pulls me more towards the XT3, unless a metabones (or alternative) speedbooster works well enough on the G9 to compensate for its sensor size. Do you know if a speedbooster significantly deteriorates autofocus in video, in the G9? I remember seeing a video of yours where you say that it does!? Adding a speedbooster would also further increase the Price of the G9, almost to the level of the A7III and Z6. For now, the Z6 is I think my favorate choice, but I will wait until Sony releases their rumored A7000 (mini A9) and Panasonic releases pricing info on their 24MP full Frame model (S1).

• @II-yd6gx
    @II-yd6gx Před 5 lety +4

Your reviews are always highly appreciated and anticipated. You present extremely well and are extremely informative without apparent bias. Thanks very much and keep up the good work.

• @JohnDoe-me6vm
    @JohnDoe-me6vm Před 4 lety

Thanks to your in depth comparison, I'm now a proud owner of X-T3 and subscriber of your channel.

• @Ricardo-SW
    @Ricardo-SW Před 5 lety +2

What an excellent summary: thoughtful, respectful that everyone's opinion/choice need not be the reviewer's, intelligent presentation, great production values. This channel has to be in the top 1% of youtube channels for serious discussion of photography and gear. Thank you for treating us like adults!

• @jimbean532
    @jimbean532 Před 5 lety +2

Great review. Thanks! Having both cameras, I agree with your conclusions. Both are great, fun to shoot, provide excellent results. For me, it just comes down to which is more fun to use, and that can vary from day to day.

• @Jab_Media
    @Jab_Media Před 5 lety +2

I really like yr videos, details, comparisons. Your doing great job. Bravo

• @London_drives
    @London_drives Před 5 lety

love u videos as always. Could you please do a video how u shoot and edit and what gear you are using?
    Thank you

• @michaelvinitzki9956
    @michaelvinitzki9956 Před 5 lety +1

Very good video bravo, in the end if I want priority quality of the photos (street, landscape) and that the video does not interest me, the fujifilm is better? (I already have a lumix GX9), is the lack of stabilization is important for the photo? Thank you!

• @Princeton_James
    @Princeton_James Před 5 lety

Thank you. This is one of my favorite videos that you have done. Both are excellent cameras

• @KaganTech
    @KaganTech Před 5 lety +3

Great video again man. Well done!

• @kitkim7532
    @kitkim7532 Před 3 lety

Wow nice comparison and very informative !

• @rogerserra3711
    @rogerserra3711 Před 5 lety +1

Hello my friend. Love your videos. I see you sometimes use luminar to edit. I am interested in the x-t3. I shoot with panasonic g85 now but would like to switch. My question is how is editing on luminar with X-t3 raw files. Thank you and keep up the great work. 😀

• @christophehanon8396
    @christophehanon8396 Před 4 lety

Very curious to see you trying the X-T4... thanks for your video !

• @mousse4444
    @mousse4444 Před 4 lety +7

With the new firmware this November, the G9 will be amazing for video work. I am so tempted to buy one since here in France the body is less than 1100€.

• @neonbirding2680
      @neonbirding2680 Před 3 lety

Have you seen the info on the new Firmware 2.4? It does human and animal detect AF with more speed in detection.

• @un4givingrelentless574
    @un4givingrelentless574 Před 5 lety +1

thanks the one ive been waiting for!

• @Reyfox1
    @Reyfox1 Před 5 lety +18

Thanks for this honest review. A G9 owner. The IBIS is great and was a major selling point for someone who backpacks and bikes. No need to gimbal or tripod. Less overall weight. Coming from a G7, I noticed right away the IQ superiority of the G9. I do like the Fuji though, but since one camera is what I will be using, the G9, especially when shooting video hand held. Love it!

• @TheHybridShooter
      @TheHybridShooter  Před 5 lety +4

You're welcome, IBIS is indeed great on G9, definitely one of my favorite features.

• @Reyfox1
      @Reyfox1 Před 5 lety

@@TheHybridShooter one question. The base ISO of G9 is 200. Is there any advantage to go to the extended ISO 100?

• @TheHybridShooter
      @TheHybridShooter  Před 5 lety +2

Yes, it minimizes magenta cast when recovering shadows, but there is not much difference.

• @Reyfox1
      @Reyfox1 Před 5 lety

@@TheHybridShooter thank you!

• @tyluild
      @tyluild Před rokem

Hopefully you'll respond as this is years old, but you said you used this handheld did you ever find it too heavy if you used it to record video while walking?

• @ubarhd1
    @ubarhd1 Před 5 lety +7

Great informative video thanks

• @videoguyla
    @videoguyla Před 5 lety +2

Thank you for another great video!

• @oneeyedphotographer
    @oneeyedphotographer Před 5 lety +1

Special deal on G9 in Australia just now, comes with free battery grip from Camerahouse. I got mine with an Olympus 12-100 lens.
    I spent less than the price of a Canon EOS R or 5D anything body.

• @healing2gether
    @healing2gether Před 5 lety +1

Another great video!! May I ask what you would choose between the A7iii/ X-T3/ and G9 for someone who shoots 50/50 video and stills?

• @TheHybridShooter

Thank you, it depends on your preferences, all have different strengths and it also depends on whether you can take an advantage of advanced video features of the X-T3.

• @healing2gether
      @healing2gether Před 5 lety +1

The Hybrid Shooter That’s a good point! So I sold my trusty GH4 and have recently purchased the A7iii, but being a Panasonic user Im having a difficult time adjusting to the Sony system and userface and I’m really thinking I should’ve gone with a G9 or the GH5. I do about 50% vlog style video as you can see on our channel, and the other 50% portrait, fashion photography.

• @TerenceKearns
    @TerenceKearns Před 5 lety

Great review/comparison. You are the best.

• @CallMeChato
    @CallMeChato Před 5 lety +16

Excellent job. I don’t think there is a bad camera out there any more. Because people aren’t comparing cameras or output when they see a print hanging on a wall it is purely the the shot, the work of the photographer, the processing, how it’s framed and lit.

• @TheHybridShooter
      @TheHybridShooter  Před 5 lety +4

Thank you, although I would say that there are some new cameras out there that are significantly behind the competition and not worth buying.

• @moenlighted7681
      @moenlighted7681 Před 5 lety

@@TheHybridShooter like which cameras

• @TerenceKearns
      @TerenceKearns Před 5 lety +1

@@moenlighted7681 anything new from Canon LOL :P

• @josecolon8143
      @josecolon8143 Před 5 lety

The Hybrid Shooter like Canon 🤣😂🤣

• @billpancake
      @billpancake Před 5 lety

Hello Peter! Fancy seeing you here!

• @mikey7326
    @mikey7326 Před 5 lety

Good job, well done.
    I can't wait to see how well Pana's full frames compare early next year.

• @TheHybridShooter

Thank you, neither can, but I will be able to test it pretty soon.

• @kbarrett1844
    @kbarrett1844 Před 5 lety +2

Thanks for this. I am considering both. Currently an M43 shooter with GX-8. It all comes down to preference, and I like both!

• @TheHybridShooter

You're welcome, it indeed does, both are great cameras so it depends on how you will use it.

• @kbarrett1844
      @kbarrett1844 Před 5 lety

@@TheHybridShooter - I am intrigued with video, but I still shoot mainly stills and create prints. From that standpoint, the G9 may be all the camera I really need. I have held both cameras, and agree the G9 has an edge in handling, but the X-T3 ergos are good too. They're just different. The only concern that I really have regarding the G9 is the magenta cast that some are getting when recovering shadow detail. I believe that the antidote to that would be to get the exposure correct in the first place. Question: Do you find that XT-3 files to be more malleable? Meaning, is there much more dynamic range captured by the X-T3 sensor than the G9...

• @kbarrett1844
      @kbarrett1844 Před 5 lety

Jim BrennanPhotography - Thanks Jim. I thought of that option as well.

• @peterlemke3468
    @peterlemke3468 Před 4 lety

Great comparison of the two cameras. Your experience of really using both cameras shows. 👍

• @gsansoucie
    @gsansoucie Před 4 lety

Just an excellent review. Thanks. This will change with the XT4 release at the end of the month, but the price of the G9 is attractive (and I love my Fuji X100F).

• @stevenjohnson5984
    @stevenjohnson5984 Před 5 lety +8

The interesting paradox here is that it turns out that the XT3 is a LOT better hybrid video camera than anyone thought that it would be!! And that what leads to the thought process of a comparison between the XT3 and the GH5. But, I believe that you would essentially come to the same conclusions, just slightly different ones. I am not sure it is worth your time. I am also interested in how you do your excellent voice overs from an equipment and process prospective. Your level of quality is outstanding and has been very consistent over time. Thanks

• @TheHybridShooter

Yes, that is truth, the GH5 is closer match, but I unfortunately didn't have both at the same time. I am actually trying to improve the sound quality, there are some problems with echo and essing, but I will make a video about that one I figure it out.

• @colinmcnab6145
      @colinmcnab6145 Před 5 lety

One thing the Panasonic can do is perfect blur free still frame from 4k video this applies to all Panasonic cameras with 4k. The stills from a Fuji are always blurred so I might be moving back to Panasonic from an X-T2. I had a Sony a6300 that also wouldn't do good 4k stills.

• @morrieglick4137
    @morrieglick4137 Před 5 lety +11

thank you for such an honest review, made to your usual high standards. Seems to me that if the x-t3 had IBIS, it would be a clear winner, not only against the G9 but would also take some market share from the Sony a7iii

• @TheHybridShooter
      @TheHybridShooter  Před 5 lety +6

You're welcome, it would probably be bigger camera with the IBIS, more expensive and it would mean higher requirements for the internal of the camera, so that would be a compromise. X-H1 with IBIS is similar but I didn't take much of a market share from Sony.

• @epicengines2565
      @epicengines2565 Před 4 lety +2

lol if the G9 had an apsc it would take a market share from Sony too, but it would all cost more

• @hamroz1
      @hamroz1 Před rokem

@@epicengines2565why apsc?

• @bevisual
    @bevisual Před 5 lety +1

I use Canon fullframe camera, used sony and now Olympus. For my perspective the IBIS and size of body+lens is realy the best of the m43. I enjoy a lote the Ibis in photo with 1s or 2s without blur andd for video it's a must have If you don't want carry everything. With Ibis I let my tripod, monopod in my car.

• @NilsNila
    @NilsNila Před 5 lety +1

Nice video and explanation! Out of subject: these castles are in Slovakia? I think i've recognised the "redstone" castle

• @stevenjohnson5984
    @stevenjohnson5984 Před 5 lety +2

Interesting review. In my opinion we are at the point in technology where the differences in actual output of these cameras are essentially the same within the boundaries of the expertise level of 90% of the photographers using these cameras. The main differential therefore is ergonomics and personal preferences. Considering the performance levels of these cameras, even the price is of little to no concern. Of all the cameras that you own and have tested, which one do you walk out the door with on a normal, non professional type of day? Thanks again for the review and keep them up!!!

• @TheHybridShooter
      @TheHybridShooter  Před 5 lety +1

You're welcome, my personal camera for non-professional use is Panasonic GX9.

• @toxictabasco
    @toxictabasco Před 5 lety +1

Excellent review. 2 great cameras. Likely the best of their formats.

• @lanciaratzinger
    @lanciaratzinger Před 4 lety +2

Hi! Have you tried to make a comparison between X-T3 and G9 after its latest update? Can the G9 with internal 10 bit 422 (even if it is Long GOP and 150Mbps bitrate) perform as well as the X-T30, or at least close to it, in your opinion? Thanks!

• @budsester
    @budsester Před 5 lety

Another great review William. The G9 package of Leica 12-60 & 50-200 is about 3795 USD new. The X-T3 package of Fujinon 18-55 kit & 55-200 is about 2498 USD. The A7 III package of Tamron 28-75 & Sony 24-240 is about 3796 USD. Would you agree that that comparison makes for a compelling advantage to the X-T3 on the budget side and the A7 III on the performance side?

• @TheHybridShooter
      @TheHybridShooter  Před 5 lety +3

Thank you! that price comparison is not very suitable, since the 50-200mm Leica is in different league than Fuji 55-200 and Sony 24-240mm. G9 + Leica 12-60 and Lumix 45-200 would be better match and it is about 2500 USD so G9 and X-T3 are both great value. A7 III is great value as well, but there is not budget friendly 100-400ish mm lens available.

• @myeates1418
    @myeates1418 Před 4 lety +2

How does the new Fujifilm X-T4 compare vs the Panasonic G9 with the updated firmware for photos, video, image stabilization, controls and ergonomics?

• @PhilippeOrlando
    @PhilippeOrlando Před 5 lety +1

Does the amazing IBIS of the G9 means you can actually shoot in "lower" light than what the small M43 sensor would suggest?

• @MacM545
    @MacM545 Před 5 lety

Thanks for this informative video

• @dant3nero
    @dant3nero Před 4 lety

Xt3 with kits les 35mm f1.4 ( 1400 usd ) or a6400 with kit lens 16 55mm ( 862 usd ) ? Thank you

• @RedlineRevenant
    @RedlineRevenant Před 5 lety +12

The XT3 really caught my eye. Not a huge fan of the screen's hinge design, but those features packed into a $1500 body is really hard to beat. If they had made a proper flip screen for it, I'd sell a good amount of gear to get it.
    And the XF 16-55mm? I drooled a little bit.

• @LucasBeatz
    @LucasBeatz Před 5 lety +1

Amazing stuff, thank you! I was almost ready to buy GH5, but I downloaded some 10bit sample footage of both GH5 and XT3 and FCPX has huge problems with the Pana AVC 10bit codec, but the Fuji 10bit, f-log, HEVC runs absolutely smoothly. So right now I`m stucked and dont know if it is not better to go XT3 way? But the IBIS of GH5 and lenses like Nocticron and 8-18mm are so good propositions for video, Im not sure I can get these type of lenses for Fuji. Any ideas about the codec situation? HEVC on GH5 is only available for HLG, right? thank you!

• @TheHybridShooter

You're welcome, AVC is not suitable for editing, there is no reason to shoot in AVC. MOV, which is the most suitable format, works well on both GH5 and T-X3.

• @LucasBeatz
      @LucasBeatz Před 5 lety

@@TheHybridShooter Oh yes, I downloaded .MOV files, but the internal codec is avc1. But i just googled out, that I have to transcode and optimize media inside FCPX and now it works ok. So I guess the GH5 is better option due to IBIS, battery life and lens selection..

• @cristianspiridon
    @cristianspiridon Před 5 lety +7

You must love what Panasonic did with G9!

• @GuitarHackery
    @GuitarHackery Před 5 lety +2

Man, thank you so much for your reviews. They helped me make a purchase recently (G85). After seeing this video, I'm confident the G9 will be a good upgrade once I'm ready to go for it.

• @TheHybridShooter

Thank you, that is indeed very good upgrade path.

• @ookiemand
      @ookiemand Před 5 lety +1

G90 looks attractive too.

• @artjohnson01
      @artjohnson01 Před 5 lety

@@ookiemandGreat to have all these choices isn't it?

• @A1Bokeh
      @A1Bokeh Před 5 lety

Did you make the upgrade

• @jay4627
    @jay4627 Před 5 lety +2

Great job again. One day people might realize sensor size isn't the only factor in a cameras overall performance!

• @LoverOfTech
    @LoverOfTech Před 4 lety

Will you be getting the Fuji XT4? Looking forward to your findings if and when you do

• @TheHybridShooter
      @TheHybridShooter  Před 4 lety +1

I won't be getting one, but it is possible that I will get a sample for the review.

• @AndyLSB
    @AndyLSB Před 4 lety +4

Please please do another Lumix G9 video, the new update boosted the G9's capabilities

• @chrisstark8136
    @chrisstark8136 Před 5 lety

I am fairly new to photography and currently have a Panasonic fz330. I am looking at getting a G9 next year but want to know how the kit lenses on G9 compare to the fixed on the fz330 any ideas?

• @mountainhobo
    @mountainhobo Před 5 lety +5

Offtopic question - I have only been there once, in passing, but is the city in your videos Bratislava? i think I recognize the castle. Excellent review, BTW, thanks. I was waiting for someone to do exactly that, but yours is concise and covers exactly the points I am interested in.

• @ruff1draft
    @ruff1draft Před 5 lety +3

The Fuji XT3 is on my shopping list

• @anelya2239
    @anelya2239 Před 3 lety

I am having a hard time choosing still. I really need your final word haha:). Can you please say which one is better for video? I have to buy it tomorrow.. *low-key about to go crazy with choosing a camera* haha. And what would you recommend: fx 16-80mm lens or fx 18-55. A 2500 czk difference between the two, but both are kit lens

• @TheHybridShooter

Take a look at my X-S10 review czcams.com/video/Kdoc2Vp79ZI/video.html that is probably better choice than both at the moment.

• @DouDouLeXou
    @DouDouLeXou Před 5 lety +3

Thank you for this video! I love her so much. I have a question and I hope you can help me: As an "enthusiastic" photographer I am hesitating to switch from my GX80 to a Panasonic G9 or Fuji XT2. I want to be able to have a better climb in iso, tropicalization and a better grip for when I go on an adventure. I might rarely need video for study projects. I do street, portrait, vacations and student nights. I am in love with the grip and all the benefits of the G9 but I wonder if it is really worth 1000 euros. I do not have big zoom and these "good" tele zoom on this system also cost 1000 euros. It's a lot of money. On the other side the XT2 and its super sensor leaves me in shock. I love the pictures that come out of this case. And the 55-200 is good and cheaper than equivalent m4 / 3. But the handle is smaller, the battery is worse, no IBIS, no articulate screen ... I'm afraid I miss it. I can not decide between image quality and handlink. I know that you love the G9 but in my case, do you have an opinion to help me decide? Or another camera? Thank you :)"

• @colinmcnab6145
      @colinmcnab6145 Před 5 lety

I've just sold a GX8 and GX80 and bought an X-T2 with 18-55 lens plus battery grip. I changed because the highest frame rate in 4k video on PAL Panasonics is only 25fps.this causes jitter on fast moving objects like cars or trains. So I went for the X-T2 which has a top frame rate of 30fps with 4k video this cured the jitter but I have now lost the ability to stop blur free motion in video which is something all Panasonic MFT cameras can do very well. So I am now looking at changing for a Panasonic G9 which shoots 4k at 50fps and 60fps I will only need a body as I still have a new Leica Elmar 14-50mm f3.8 lens left over. I am going to try and find a cheap way of capturing blur free stills from video so I can keep the X-T2 but if not I will go for the G9.

• @shanemitchellspencer
      @shanemitchellspencer Před 3 lety

@@colinmcnab6145 What did you ever do? Still on FUJI?

• @stevelink21
    @stevelink21 Před 5 lety

Greetings, Hybrid Shooter! Very nice, thorough comparison between these cameras! As a Fujifilm X-T3 landscape and product photographer, I am extremely pleased with the image quality I get from this camera, combined with the stellar, sharp Fujinon XF optics. However, I am researching a small, light "travel camera", as I don't want to expose my X-T3 system to the vagaries of landscape photography in a beach/ocean setting. For that very limited, occasional use, I was considering such cameras as this Canon G5X, Panasonic Lumix LX100 II, Sony a6300, Sony RX100V. My MAIN criteria are image SHARPNESS and detail retention, and ability to retain such detail when possibly printed to 20x24". Plus, I'd like to keep total budget under $1000. And, FYI, I'm a 100% stills guy, so don't shoot video. Based on this, which system would you recommend for maximum sharpness/compact form factor? Thank you!

• @mahmud-ahsan
      @mahmud-ahsan Před 5 lety

I have a X-T2 and X-T20. But now most of the time I use Canon G7X Mark II.

• @MrRafalEn
    @MrRafalEn Před 5 lety +1

Great review. I have one question though. As far as I have heard the X-T3 is still dimmer using the same exposure settings. I mean ISO 6400 on Fuji will look like ISO 4000 on Panasonic. Is this true ? If yes they are probaly the same when it comes to ISO performance ?

• @TheHybridShooter

X-T3 is darker than Sony A7 III but the G9 is also a bit darker than A7 III in high ISO situations due to the lower dynamic range, but generally yes, X-T3 exposure is about 1/2 to 2/3 stop darker at given ISO. X-T3 is still cleaner than the G9 even after that compensation.

• @MrRafalEn
      @MrRafalEn Před 5 lety

Thanks. Did you compare Eye AF in continous focus mode on both ? Is X-T3 significantly ahead in this area ?

• @TheHybridShooter

I unfortunately haven't had time to do that, but neither is perfect in this regard, the G9 is probably slower, but the X-T3 occasionally looses the face.

• @Hei_hey
    @Hei_hey Před 5 lety +5

Good reminder of G9's high res mode when looking at other cameras with 45 megapixels. Nice to know detail is there for landscape like medium format. The in body stabilization was a good move by Panasonic as hear reviews complain about other recent releases making the brand feel behind because of that trend.

• @TheHybridShooter

Yes, both High-res and IBIS are great stand-out futures of the G9 and even though it is possible to live without IBIS it is much less convenient.

• @ArizonaMMJ
      @ArizonaMMJ Před 5 lety

Unfortunately it has a max shutter speed of 1 second! If you want to shoot high res waterfalls etc you are screwed.

• @darknessatn00n
      @darknessatn00n Před 5 lety

The Happy Hour Hound For some it might be a problem but others are using this for purpose on waterfalls and rivers because it looks like a long time exposure.

• @ArizonaMMJ
      @ArizonaMMJ Před 5 lety

@@darknessatn00n id like to see that

• @ArizonaMMJ
      @ArizonaMMJ Před 5 lety

@Studd Muffin incorrect.

• @007peter
    @007peter Před 5 lety

Thank you for making this video

• @TheBoldHairspring
    @TheBoldHairspring Před 3 lety

I recently started reviewing watches. Do you think the g9 focus will be good enough for when I handle the watch closely in front of the camera or I should go for a sony instead? Any advice will be highly appreciated. Thank you

• @TheHybridShooter
      @TheHybridShooter  Před 3 lety +1

No, that is very challenging task for AF, I recommend Sony or Canon for that.

• @TheBoldHairspring
      @TheBoldHairspring Před 3 lety

@@TheHybridShooter thank you for the quick reply

• @sdhute
    @sdhute Před 3 lety

Hello friend have you tried the Panasonic 35-100 lens 2.8 ? Trying to get my first decent zoom. It will be on a g9

• @TheHybridShooter

Only briefly, it is OK lens, but I don't like bokeh on that one too much.

• @jonhermannsson9231
    @jonhermannsson9231 Před 5 lety +1

Great comparison - great points -

• @yosuhanverdecia
    @yosuhanverdecia Před 5 lety

Nice video as usual, but can you take another slow motion video with the xt3, because I understand that is a matter of preference but in some other videos other reviews they said that the video at 120fps in the xt3 has a good quality when you compare with Sony cameras, but I’m not really sure, as a suggestion I think it might be better if you compare two cameras using the same footage to the same objective in both of them, just a suggestion, you videos are really good and actually every time I want to upgrade I take a look of your videos, they are really helpful.

• @TheHybridShooter

Thank you, I am aware of that, but I unfortunately only had the X-T3 for short period of time, so I wasn't able to take side-by-side shots. Hopefully I will get to revisit this topic in the future.

• @momchilyordanov8190
    @momchilyordanov8190 Před 5 lety

Good comparison. Maybe the best "hybrid" cameras on the market atm, outside of the expensive, FF models

• @TheHybridShooter

Thank you, these are indeed some of the best hybrid cameras in category.

• @nagaseminarian
    @nagaseminarian Před 4 lety

love your channel.
    Subcribed.

• @ryanthomas9306
    @ryanthomas9306 Před 5 lety +3

I have a g85 / g7 and a bunch of native lenses. Come bonus time I'm going to sell the g7, kit lens, and 45-200. I think g85 with 15 1.7 / 42.5 1.7 / 12-35 is a sweet video set up but thinking about xt2 with kit lens and 35mm f2 to go along with it

• @LyndonPatrickSmith
      @LyndonPatrickSmith Před 5 lety +2

Ryan Thomas I have or have owned an EM5ii, G85 & GX85. For lenses the 17 1.8, 25 1.4, 45 1.8, 75 1.8 & 12-40 2.8. I also have an X-T2 and a few Fujicron lenses. For me, the Fuji wins with fast action tracking and low noise files during events shot in low light. I realize that I don't have the latest and greatest in MFT anymore - or Fuji - but if I was to start again for what I shoot would have the X-T3 as my main camera. Five years ago when I bought my first MFT camera, Olympus had the only IBIS. Shortly after Panasonic came out with the first decent 4k consumer hybrid cameras.
      A lot has happened in the camera world since 2013 when I got into mirrorless. I still love MFT and have some great MFT gear, but in 2018 my desert island 1 brand or 1 camera setup would be Fuji hands down. It will take you a while to get used to the classical all-manual dials set up, but I think you will really like the experience and the files.

• @chepo1956
    @chepo1956 Před 5 lety +4

I really enjoyed your review. After seeing reviews of the Olympus OM series micro 4/3 cameras, I think the Lumix G9 is a very underrated camera. It sure held it's own in your comparison even though for video the XT3 went slightly ahead. But I've seen reviews on the Lumix also and as I recall it was introduced more like a stills camera than for video. I sold my gear and I have no camera right now, but after watching your review, the G9 is very tempting since I'm not really into video. The in-body stabilization, as well as the lenses, really demonstrated that one can overlook the deficiency in the G9's higher ISO ranges since it permits you to use lower ISO's. Very nice review.

• @TheHybridShooter

Thank you, it is indeed underrated, Panasonic is not very good at marketing. G9 is definitely a great camera for stills, but so is the X-T3 and X-T30 so it also depends on the lenses are your preferences.

• @TecHr3ap3rRooms
    @TecHr3ap3rRooms Před 5 lety

Hi, sorry just wanted to know, when G9 records 4K60, it will automatically stops at 10mins? Or it will continue to record but each file saved is only 10mins?

• @CamMead
    @CamMead Před 5 lety

Would love to see some side by side shots of the same scene from each camera, from what I have seen online I feel like the G9 would render much crisper results wiith better detail & micro contrast especially in foliage areas for landscapes etc, (not talking about hi res) I have used fuji for 5 years and would be very keen to try the panasonic, is that saying a lot?!

• @TheHybridShooter

I only had X-T3 for short period of time, so that wasn't possible to do, but that depends more on the lens nowadays rather than the sensor.

• @barrycohen311
    @barrycohen311 Před 5 lety +1

Very useful content.

• @GermanViking
    @GermanViking Před 5 lety +5

Thank you! I really wanted to see this comparison. As you said, XT3 will be a better choice if you work in a controlled environment and for serious video color grading and flexibility but in my opinion G9 still enjoyable and have a more convenient menu and handling but the must important thing is that both of this cameras can get the job done without compromise.

• @TheHybridShooter
      @TheHybridShooter  Před 5 lety +3

You're welcome, the IBIS makes a big difference, I will have to try X-H1 to see how it performs.

• @simonrose5784
      @simonrose5784 Před 5 lety +1

The Hybrid Shooter - yes please, i think it will be a more even competitor for the G9

• @midnightsnack1306
    @midnightsnack1306 Před 5 lety +1

Excellent comparison. Imagine a Fujifilm camera that rivals a Panasonic in video. Just a few years ago this was unthinkable.

• @TheHybridShooter

Thank you, yes that is truth, same as Panasonic rivaling Fujifilm in stills.

• @ju2705s
    @ju2705s Před 5 lety

I will leave now due to quality and support issues the Panasonic side. May I ask when you have deceide for a G9 replacement wich Kamera you would take if you had the choice between Fuji x-t3, Sony A7iii or Canon RP? Focus is still but 4k should possible. What do you think? Thanks Jog

• @TheHybridShooter

I would consider A7 III and X-T3, take a look at my comparison video: bit.ly/A7IIIvsXT3

• @ju2705s
      @ju2705s Před 5 lety

@@TheHybridShooter thanks for the link...perfect, exactly what I am looking for. Really helpful and I guess I know my decission 😍

• @thewilder-side2990
    @thewilder-side2990 Před 5 lety

When it comes down to size, cost and features. Mostly for photos and traveling with some videos. What would be your suggestion. Anyone can chime in and give me your thoughts.
    Thanks

• @TheHybridShooter

Both are very suitable for that, G9 has IBIS which is very useful, but the X-T3 is also OK with OIS lens, so it depends on your preferences.

• @ju2705s
    @ju2705s Před 4 lety +1

Hi, I need your help, please. I sold my whole MFT System G9 + xy and would like a new System, but I have no clue which FF or APSc. IBIS is helpful. So Sony A7xy (but I don't like handling much) but they have know so many good lenses, Nikon Z6 or Z7 (good handling but less nativ lenses), Panasonic S1 (wow but sooo expensive and not so many lenses yet, but I like my G9) or wait for Fuji X-H2 (I like Fuji but is APSc).... mmm. I am a hybrid shooter but 80% photo and 20% video. Thx a lot for any tips! Jog

• @TheHybridShooter
      @TheHybridShooter  Před 4 lety +1

To be honest, I can't tell you much more besides what you wrote, I just don't think that Nikon Z6 and Z7 has better handling than III and IV series A7 cameras. You always have to sacrifice something with every system...

• @ju2705s
      @ju2705s Před 4 lety

@@TheHybridShooter OK, thx a lot. It helps already 👍😉

• @faisalkhan3
    @faisalkhan3 Před 5 lety

Great video. I wish Fuji had put IBIS in their XT-3 lineup at this price level. X-H2 when it comes is going to be at the price level of Sony's A7III and Nikon's Z-6 which are full frame cameras and offer full frame 4k which makes X-H lineup less appealing.

• @TheHybridShooter

Thank you, so do I. X-H2 could really be a great camera with X-trans 4 sensor and IBIS.

• @elkawash
    @elkawash Před 5 lety

Do you consider user experience and larger viewfinder big advantages?!

• @TheHybridShooter

That is always relative, and it is also a matter of what suits your need better.

• @njmtbiker
    @njmtbiker Před 4 lety

Looking at getting one of these cameras. December 2019, which would you choose now that the G9 had a FW update

• @ZJProductionHK
      @ZJProductionHK Před 4 lety

still 4k crop make me hesitate ... probably make me using 1080p, but then what's the point of getting G9

• @TheHybridShooter
      @TheHybridShooter  Před 4 lety +2

@@ZJProductionHK There is no 4K crop on G9.

• @ZJProductionHK
      @ZJProductionHK Před 4 lety

@@TheHybridShooter I heard there is top and bottom cut? could you confirm, thanks mate

• @TheHybridShooter
      @TheHybridShooter  Před 4 lety +3

@@ZJProductionHK The sensor is 4:3 and the video 16:9 so there has to be a crop at the top and bottom like on every other camera. No crop = full sensor width.

• @lweleven3423
    @lweleven3423 Před 2 lety

I moved from Fuji to MFT for the bigger choice of lenses and the expense of Fuji lens . My experience definitely favoured Fuji on quality across the board but it’s a luxury you can live with Even a Olympus om d em 10 iii with the 14-42 ez works extremely well as a travel camera while some use things like Ricoh gr or similar. Tho I’m in a dilemma at the moment wanting a set up more for wildlife Even the XT2 is a great camera but I think just to keep things compatible a G90 or G9 or OM D EM 1 mk ii also weather sealing maybe a + for those odd occasions I need it ( I have used all these in the past ) all great cameras .

• @marc6652
    @marc6652 Před 5 lety +4

Thanks for sharing. I chose the G9 because of IBIS and its exceptionnel handling. When you compare the weight of both cameras with lenses, the advantage is for the G9 too. And when I look at the image quality of my G9 and my wife's XT2, it is roughly equivalent, but IBIS allows much more sharp pictures.

• @professionalpotato4764

Will you be comparing G9 firmware 2.0 with XT-4 in the future?

• @angelgcastro1
    @angelgcastro1 Před 5 lety

Great video

• @x.dobrev
    @x.dobrev Před 5 lety

Hello Hybrid Shooter! Thanks for the detailed review and comparison.
    I own a G85 with Olympus 12-40 and I am searching for an upgrade, especially when it comes to AF and video capabilities. I find it difficult to decide between the Panasonic G9 and the Fuji X-H1 . I primarily do 60/40 Video and I ignore the XT3 due to lack of IBIS which is very important for me. Considering price factors (G9 is 1750 with Leica 12-60 and Fuji XH1 is 2000 with 16-55), what would you recommend for video work with average color grading, real estate photography, landscapes and street.
    Thank you!

• @TheHybridShooter

I would probably recommend the GH5 for video. The AF on GH5 with 2.4 is much better than on G85.

• @SalesGeniuses
    @SalesGeniuses Před 5 lety +2

My question for U is
    What camera would u use for ur future videos?

• @TheHybridShooter

Depends on what kind of videos, but I use Sony A7 III and Panasonic G9 for video.

• @adamaj74
      @adamaj74 Před 5 lety

@@TheHybridShooter And the X-T3 is better for video than either of those. Do a youtube search for X-T3 vs. Sony A7 III, or X-T3 vs. G9 and you'll see the vast majority give the win to the Fuji. I know because I was recently in the market for a video camera and watched about a thousand video reviews, lol.

• @TheHybridShooter

@@adamaj74 LOL, I made the most watched A7III vs X-T3 video on CZcams, so I might know something about that :) X-T3 has better advanced video features, but that doesn't mean that it is necessarily better video camera for all types of use.

• @adamaj74
      @adamaj74 Před 5 lety

@@TheHybridShooter I know, I watched it. Well there are a couple others not explicitly title A7 III vs. X-T3 where they still do compare them along with other cameras that have more views. For still images, it's debatable, but for video, objectively, specs-wise, etc., the X-T3 is a better camera.

• @ukrstreet
    @ukrstreet Před 5 lety

What camera and lens did you use for shooting this video? Thank you.

• @TheHybridShooter

I have used multiple cameras and lenses to shoot this - A7 III, A6500, G9 and GH5S with various lenses.

• @ukrstreet
      @ukrstreet Před 5 lety

@@TheHybridShooter For example this shot czcams.com/video/kEAztipqsmE/video.html pls.

• @TheHybridShooter

@@ukrstreet That was hot on Panasonic G9 + Leica 12-60.

• @jan-martinulvag1953
    @jan-martinulvag1953 Před 4 lety

Oh man, do i really have to get both?

• @smpxone
    @smpxone Před 4 lety +7

Could you redo this review when the G9 firmware update comes out this month with 10bit?

• @TheHybridShooter
      @TheHybridShooter  Před 4 lety

Unfortunately, I can't I don't have either of these anymore.

• @smpxone
      @smpxone Před 4 lety

@@TheHybridShooter No problem just curious . Great videos keep up the good work ! cheers

• @SonDialer
    @SonDialer Před 5 lety +1

This man is a machine!!

• @frankwieczorek5112
    @frankwieczorek5112 Před 2 lety

The G9 has a great handling, I loved it to take with me, i wish my Sony A9 would have this body

• @NetvoTV
    @NetvoTV Před 4 lety

New new mft camera coming?

• @johnbourke3074
    @johnbourke3074 Před 3 lety

Would like to upgrade from d3400 to the G9 with a lens suitable of capturing good landscape images...is utva suitable camera for landscape??

• @TheHybridShooter

Take a look at Fuji X-S10, that one is better for landscapes czcams.com/video/Kdoc2Vp79ZI/video.html

• @johnbourke3074

@@TheHybridShooter its not weatherproof : ( it has good ibis for handheld...maybe better with XT3?...

• @TheHybridShooter

I prefer X-S10, but it depends on your presences.

• @johnbourke3074

@@TheHybridShooter Good grip and built in ibis for handheld...

• @ernreeders1487
    @ernreeders1487 Před 5 lety +1

According to the spec sheet the G9 EVF magnification is 0.83.

• @gabomann1
    @gabomann1 Před 2 lety

Also a great watch the Omega Speedmaster.

• @DanOhPhotography
    @DanOhPhotography Před 5 lety

what is your favorite wildlife camera/lens combo?

• @TheHybridShooter

Probably the G9 with Panasonic Leica 50-200 F2.8-4 and teleconvertors.

• @DanOhPhotography
      @DanOhPhotography Před 5 lety

@@TheHybridShooter do you agree 100-400 is not sharp at 400mm? I have a hard time focusing. Soft or out of focus

• @garybrown9719
    @garybrown9719 Před 5 lety +1

The fuji is to small if you have big hands
    My sons g9 is great
    I am now regretting my x-t3 purchase
    I have xl hand my finger hangs an inch past the shutter button
    I can only hold it for a short time before my hands cramp
    Its very light but hard to hold
    If they would have made it bigger like the x-h1
    I would keep it

• @LuisGabrielPhotography
    @LuisGabrielPhotography Před 4 lety +1

Have you done a 4k60P video comparison between these two cameras? Would;d be nice with the new G9 firmware. Thanks

• @TheHybridShooter

4K60p is the same in terms of the video quality as 25p on both cameras.

• @pawankumar-dv1ox
    @pawankumar-dv1ox Před 5 lety +13

IBIS is the key feature that makes the difference

• @julioareck
      @julioareck Před 5 lety +5

For those who that feature is relevant.

• @Princeton_James
      @Princeton_James Před 5 lety +2

Not really but okay.

• @bisibela2701
      @bisibela2701 Před 5 lety +3

Julio Areck Chang ibis is like being super rich... once u taste it, cant go back...all the mechanical workarounds disappear

• @julioareck
      @julioareck Před 5 lety +1

@@bisibela2701 My point is that for photographers who work mainly with their cameras on tripods (at studios, landscape photography, astrophotography, etc), IBIS is not a relevant feature.

• @bisibela2701
      @bisibela2701 Před 5 lety

Julio Areck Chang agree, for all those specialized genre of photography

• @ELGORDOMAMON
    @ELGORDOMAMON Před 4 lety +1

Getting a g9

• @leovanlierop4580
    @leovanlierop4580 Před 5 lety +1

Having both the GX8 and X-T3, using them for different circumstances, I love them both and use them both. Panasonic is a bit more versatile due to IBIS and smaller lenses, XT-3 has great IQ and the Fuji 100-400mm is superb with it!

• @giannagiavelli5098
    @giannagiavelli5098 Před 5 lety +1

very very good video

• @dr.0ne322
    @dr.0ne322 Před 4 lety

Any reviews or comparisons on the xt4 coming ?

• @TheHybridShooter

Probably not, I didn't get a review unit.

• @dr.0ne322
      @dr.0ne322 Před 4 lety

The Hybrid Shooter ahh shame ok .
      Do you think now with ibis ,flippy screen and larger battery this is ideal ?
      I’m stuck between this gh5 and the new canon r6 to release .

• @TheHybridShooter

I personally don't like flippy screens at all, so that is a downgrade for me, but the IBIS will be great addition. Sony will also have a big announcement next month.