Retro done just right, the Triumph Bonneville T120.

Sdílet
Vložit
  • čas přidán 30. 06. 2024
  • We are really spoilt for choice in the modern classic segment of the market with pretty much every manufacturer having one in their lineup and the Triumph Bonneville T120 might just be the king of the retros. It's got good looks, a great engine and superb handling, what's not to love.
    I was lucky that my time with the big Bonny coincided with the 2nd Annual Aussie Moto Content Creators meet up at Fuel Cafe at Easy Lynne on the NSW south coast. Make sure you check out the links below to some of the content creators who went along.
    The Aussie and the Indian
    / theaussietheindian
    Throttle DownUnder
    / throttledownunder
    Bike Burgers Beers
    / bikesburgersbeers
    Big Bert
    / bigbert
    HaChewie
    / hachewie
    Harley Throttle Juice
    / harleythrottlejuice
    The VS Chick
    / thevschick
    Anxiety Wizard
    / anxietywizard
    SmessdUp
    / @smessdup5286
    Smitty Independent Freedom
    / smittyindependentfreedom
    Mad Girl Moto
    / madgirlmotoadventures
    Motoheadz
    / @motoheadz-motovlog
    The Daily Commute
    / thedailycommuteau
    Online Shop: bikertorque.com.au
    Facebook: bikertorque/
    Instagram: bikertorque
    Biker Torque is produced by Cinemedia Pty Ltd. For more information contact shop@bikertorque.com.au
    Cinemedia use following equipment to produce Biker Torque
    Cameras
    Canon C200 with Canon L series 14mm F2.8, 24mm F1.4, 35 F1.4, 50mm F1.2, 85mm F1.2 and 18mm-80 Compact Cinema Zoom
    Canon XF705
    Canon R6
    Miller Compass 20 and Miller Air Tripods
    GoPro Hero 9
    GoPro Hero 7
    GoPro Max
    DJI Mavic Pro
    DJI Ronin RSC
    iPhone X
    Microphones
    Sennheiser AVX ME2
    Rode NTG3B Shotgun
    Lights
    Lightpro LED Panels
    Editing and Post Production
    Apple iMac Pro with Final Cut X, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Illustrator
    Virtual Chats
    Blackmagic Web presenter
    Black Magic ATEM 4K TV Studio
    ⁣.
    .⁣
    .⁣
    .⁣
    .⁣
    #bike #bikelife #biker #bikertorque #moto #motogp #motorbike #motorbikephotography #motorcycle #motorcycleofinstagram #motorcycles #ride #rideordie #rideout #ridersofinstagram #triumphmotorcycles #bonnevillet120
  • Auta a dopravní prostředky

Komentáře • 265

• @rabbidbabies4094
    @rabbidbabies4094 Před rokem +34

I have that exact T120 and I love it and I’m keeping it forever. It’s got enough pep to get a lil aggressive but has all day comfort. I did a couple 1400 mile trips on this and it ran beautifully. Very happy with mine.

• @masterchief586
    @masterchief586 Před 9 měsíci +3

I have a 2023 T120 Black edition. Fabulous bike, the best bike I have ever owned 😊

• @tsmgguy
    @tsmgguy Před rokem +8

Love my T120, the first one delivered in the state. The classic styling is marvelous. There are just enough surprisingly useful high-tech modern features, like cruise control and heated grips. Power delivery is smooth and linear, and the gear box offers eerily smooth shifting. There's no appreciable torque or power peak; the T120 just pulls like a draft horse at almost any RPM.

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před rokem +2

I’d agree with all of that, the styling is wonderful and the power delivery is excellent, great bike and great choice. Thanks for watching’

• @henrygoleau
    @henrygoleau Před rokem +11

I have a 2017 Black/White T120 and really like it. It's a great commuter (I added a Renntec rack) or day trip fun motorcycle. I was surprised to hear that the 2022 model doesn't come stock with a center stand or heated grips. The things that I would change would be the plastic mud guards and turn signals, but obviously I don't care that much because I ride mine pretty much stock.

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před rokem

I would add a centre stand, should have mentioned that. Great bike either way

• @travelinben1966
    @travelinben1966 Před rokem +7

A timeless classic that I’m glad continues to this day.👍🏻👍🏻

• @user-ck5sn5hd9o
    @user-ck5sn5hd9o Před 2 měsíci +2

Just bought a 2023 T120 demo yesterday. Only issue I have is the missing center stand and grab rail. To me these are a must to service the chain.

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před 2 měsíci +1

Agree with you regarding the centre stand. Thanks for watching.

• @piggystims702
      @piggystims702 Před měsícem +1

I have the 2017 and I can confirm these are what makes the constant chain maintenance much less of a chore. Best bike I've ever had and I'm going to keep it until one of us gives out

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před měsícem +1

@@piggystims702 Absolutely, a centre stand with a chain drive bike is a must. I have one bike that’s chain drive and no centre stand (Royal Enfield Continental GT) and chain maintenance is a punish

• @scottlevan9183
    @scottlevan9183 Před 3 měsíci +2

At 71 years of age I decided my 2007, 900 lb. BMW K1200LT was just to heavy for me now. It gave my wife and I, 17 years of fantastic touring pleasure all around the USA. So I decided to trade it in on a very low mileage 2022 Triumph Bonneville T120. I love the bike so far, it has re-kindled my riding passion and can't wait for better riding weather so I can take it on some local twisty rides.

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před 3 měsíci

The T120 excels in the twistiest, enjoy and thanks for watching

• @bonvivant869
    @bonvivant869 Před 2 měsíci +1

I've been riding for over half a century, mostly Honda and more recently BMW. Got my 2022 Black Goldline two years ago and its been a love affair. In my opinion this is the most perfectly designed bike. Workmanship is top notch, ride is like a Range Rover, and the retro look is timeless. It's really perfect for everything from buzzing around town, to commuting, to touring. Can't imagine I'll ever need an upgrade.

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před 2 měsíci +1

I certainly enjoyed my time with the one we had, wonderful bike and such a classic look. Thanks for watching

• @kissthesky711
    @kissthesky711 Před rokem +3

Hands down one of the best reviews of a motorcycle, not just a triumph

• @thelegendarysweendog3171
    @thelegendarysweendog3171 Před rokem +10

Great review ! I have the 2020 T120 Ace edition , and I can’t say enough good things about it ! It’s my forever bike for sure 😊

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před rokem

Thanks for watching and glad you enjoyed the review. Those Ace editions look the goods, well done and enjoy.

• @SquidzitAce
    @SquidzitAce Před rokem +9

Great review, amazing cinematography, liked and subbed. The T120 is on my shortlist for my first motorbike to purchase in 2023. I have owned a Harley Tri-Glide, but this would be my first motorbike.

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před rokem +3

Thank you so much for you kind comments, glad you enjoyed the video. The T120 is an awesome bike, great choice if you do end up getting one.

• @asacarrick1385
      @asacarrick1385 Před 5 měsíci

Get one ...Ace. I just did after 6 years and 138,000Km on my fabulous 2017 T 100 I've stepped . Falling in Love again

• @gerrywood5325
    @gerrywood5325 Před 11 měsíci +2

The Bonny T-120 looks like the old Honda CB 350 twin I owned years ago. I love the looks, the sound and the fact that it isn't full of technological blunders (wonders). I'm currently in the market and the T-120 just rose to the top of my list.

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před 11 měsíci

If you are in the market it’s a great option, looks great, sounds great and goes even better.

• @masterchief586
      @masterchief586 Před 9 měsíci +1

Great choice mine T120 is the 2023 Black Edition and I was a die hard Harley owner for some 43 yrs . This Bonnie of mine is a better bike all around .

• @BigBert
    @BigBert Před rokem +1

A sweet ride and great review Ross. Keep em coming

• @leeinwis
    @leeinwis Před 3 měsíci +1

😌I wasn't gonna get another retro but..here we are thinking hard aboot it .

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před 3 měsíci

Lol, so many good options on the market in this category

• @anthonybuchalka
    @anthonybuchalka Před rokem +1

Thanks for the great review! I pick up my new T120 Gold line in 10 days. Can hardly sleep in anticipation :)

• @kirkknighton2687
    @kirkknighton2687 Před rokem +2

I bought my new Bonnie the first year they came out, 2016. Even traded in my beloved Kawasaki W650 for it. Now 28,000 miles later and I'm still in love with it. These earlier new Bonnies came with as few things now gone from the new ones: a centerstand, heated grips, chrome valve covers and a passenger grab rail. I took a long trip[ this past summer, Seattle to Sedona Arizona. For this I added cruise control. The bike did fantastic over the course of the 3,600 mile trek across the desert Southwest.
    I recently added a new Royal Enfield Classic 350 and she's a beaut as well.

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před rokem

That’s two cracking bikes you have in the garage. Not sure why they got ride if the centre stand as standard. Thanks for watching and taking time to comment

• @sagarthapa3765
    @sagarthapa3765 Před rokem +1

Bro, what a review. Good stuff, keep it up!

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před rokem

Cheers thanks for watching, plenty more reviews and rider stories coming up in 2023

• @flamhit
    @flamhit Před rokem +5

Love that bike and so good to hear that you felt the same. Yeah my Bonny T100 is a different machine but it still has that Triumph magic. Great clip Ross

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před rokem

You never know Phil, I might move to the dark side one day

• @asacarrick1440
      @asacarrick1440 Před rokem +3

I've got 115,000Km on my 2017 T 100 ...Love it. Looking at the 120 when I modify.

• @scottroberts4551
    @scottroberts4551 Před rokem +2

Great review. I've had my T120 for 2 years and have enjoyed riding it in the SW of the U.S.

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před rokem

Hey Scott, thanks for watching, glad you enjoyed the video. I imagine there would be some fantastic roads around where you are. Hoping to do a ride over there one day.

• @PeachesB
    @PeachesB Před 5 měsíci +1

Just stumbled across your channel after looking for T120 content. I recently got onto a 2023 model and absolutely love it. Your review is spot on and I’ll be following you to see if there are any rides around I should be doing.

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před 5 měsíci

Thanks mate, glad you liked the video. Plenty more reviews and rider stories coming up on the channel. In terms of rides, there are heaps of great rides around where I am, but also have a video coming up on a ride I’m doing from Sydney to Melbourne, then around Tassie in Feb.

• @briansnail7362
    @briansnail7362 Před rokem +1

I have a t120 2019 Diamond Edition and love the roar of the engine ....My trusty triumph and am bonding well with it ...I love it ..great review thanks

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před rokem

Thanks Brian glad you enjoyed the review. Yea agree it’s a fantastic bike and engine sounds superb.

• @ThrottleDownunder
    @ThrottleDownunder Před rokem +1

What an amazing bike. I loved the Speed Twin when I had it. That motor is amazing

• @conordoyle2699
    @conordoyle2699 Před rokem +3

I've had my preowned 2016 t120 black for just over year. It's absolutely brilliant and I dont think il ever sell it. Awesome bikes and great review 👍

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před rokem +1

Thanks for watching, happy to hear you like the review. The T120 Black model does look the goods

• @RoadsOfOz
    @RoadsOfOz Před rokem +3

Great review. They are a good looking bike. My favourite Triumph retro has always been the Scrambler.

• @BikerTorque

I’ve just handed back a Scrambler 1200 XE Matt, epic bike.

• @Zulu_117_ST
    @Zulu_117_ST Před rokem +1

Love this model! Great review as always x

• @BikerTorque

Thanks Rochelle, I really loved this bike.

• @Zulu_117_ST
      @Zulu_117_ST Před rokem

@@BikerTorque very tidy little piece and I’m highly envious x

• @fizzyridertoo
    @fizzyridertoo Před rokem +1

My missus just traded her Street Twin for a red T120 and she's in love with it. I've not had a chance to ride it myself as I find a lot of the Bonnie range to be a bit petite for me. That's probably why my next bike will be a Scrambler XC.

• @BikerTorque

I haven’t ridden the Street Twin but loved the T120, but agree the Scrambler range feel like bigger bikes. I reviewed the XE, that bikes was awesome. Thanks for watching

• @levimaguire1850
    @levimaguire1850 Před rokem +1

Great video! Entertaining and informative.

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před rokem

Thanks for watching, glad you enjoyed it.

• @Budget-Cars-And-Bikes
    @Budget-Cars-And-Bikes Před rokem +2

I've bought 2 of the T120 Bonneville's now, and loved them! both featured on my channel too, has to be in my top 5 bikes of all time 😁

• @BikerTorque

They certainly are great bikes, thanks for watching, I’ll check out your channel

• @Kojak-zh7qo
    @Kojak-zh7qo Před rokem

Brilliant video you answered a lot of questions thanks very much ,,,,,iv got a test ride booked for tomorrow 👍

• @rossmarshall8151
    @rossmarshall8151 Před rokem +1

I currently have a 2019 T120 Diamond Diamond, but guess what , in 2 weeks time I am changing it for a brand new one the same colour as the one reviewed here, cant wait.
    Love this video and the brilliant reviewer, Iv'e subscribed and cant wait for the next video. brilliant

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před rokem

Thanks mate, glad you liked the review and congrats on the new bike. Make sure you let us know how you get on with it if nice you’ve had it for a few weeks.

• @aspinaki
    @aspinaki Před rokem +2

I have Bonneville A3 SE which is an absolute gem. I would love to keep it forever.

• @FrankTripleMoto
    @FrankTripleMoto Před rokem +1

Great review Ross, the Bonneville is one of my favourite Triumph’s 👌

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před rokem

Cheers Frank. I think it might be mine also

• @Barnie104
    @Barnie104 Před rokem +1

Love the Bonneville great review one day is a must have

• @jvl4832
    @jvl4832 Před 6 měsíci +1

Gorgeous bike! Great review too!

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před 6 měsíci +1

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it. They are wonderful bikes, looking forward to getting on another one at some point soon

• @jvl4832
      @jvl4832 Před 6 měsíci

@@BikerTorque Actually, I admit to being a Bmw fan, GS Triple Black, but this bike is so perfect in looks, craftsmanship, and a respectable motor. Would love to have this most inspiring bike. What to do? Sell the Allrounder GS that, despite itś brutal looks, can do everything ? A second bike isn’t financially possible. Oh, woe is me..

• @motorcyclestuff1961
    @motorcyclestuff1961 Před rokem +2

Lovely modern Retro machine 👌

• @martindavies8326
    @martindavies8326 Před rokem +1

Love Triumph’s great video ✊🇬🇧

• @mattjenkins718
    @mattjenkins718 Před rokem +1

Hey I loved seeing your Beeline in the bars. I have one too - it’s awesome 👍

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před rokem

Yes, love the Beeline, it’s all the tech I need for navigation

• @f.t.w1066
    @f.t.w1066 Před rokem +1

Great content..👍👍👍

• @asacarrick1385
    @asacarrick1385 Před rokem +1

Impressive interview

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před rokem

Thank you very much, glad you enjoyed it

• @ramimator
    @ramimator Před rokem +2

Lovely bike, my favorite so far. Thanks for the great review, nice , simple and to the point 👍🏼. Keep it up and ride safe ✌🏼.

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před rokem

Glad you enjoyed the review, thanks for watching

• @johnmartin7158
    @johnmartin7158 Před 5 měsíci +2

Agree the back brake is near non existent, but I found the gear selector and clutch easy.

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před 5 měsíci +1

Haha, it's like the back brake is playing hide and seek! But glad to hear you found the gear selector and clutch easy.

• @jabjab1010
    @jabjab1010 Před rokem +1

I have 2, plus a 96 thunderbird 900. All are amazing. thanks for the vid.

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před rokem

Nice one John. The Thunderbird 900 looks like a great bike. Which year model T120s do you have? Which is your favourite? Thanks for watching and taking time to comment.

• @jabjab1010
      @jabjab1010 Před rokem

@@BikerTorque Thanks for the quick response. I have a 2018 and a 2021, both bought used from a dealer in mint condition. MIne, the 2018 has 8,000 miles with no issues, the 21, (my wife’s) with 650 miles. I had cruise control added to both and mine came with all kinds of bling, hers is a black, so no bling needed! We just took a 1000 mile trip on the Blue Ridge Parkway here in the states, and I have they following comments: Wow and wow. Power in the slow technical curves, power in the mid speed “getting there” on roads that are not scenic but not interstate, and low RPM high speed riding on US interstates at 75-90 mph. We both have Dart windscreens, mine very small, the Black’s just slightly larger and it was work with a 30mph cross wind. Coming from a BMW K1600 I thought it would suck, but it did not at all. Very comfortable but for wind blast, easily dealt with with earplugs. Love these bikes. 900 is amazing and beautiful and dependable, but at 70 it is at almost 5500 RPMs and is just painful. Harley friend was quick to say “just change them sprockets” which I never even considered (being a shaft drive guy) but that could be a great fix. So. . .both bikes seem very similar with the newer one seeming just a bit better tuned. I will say both had low gear dangerous throttle response (like driveline lash), but I invested in the Booster Plug for both and it made all they difference.

• @randolphstephenson
    @randolphstephenson Před 7 měsíci +1

Alas that I had only kept my 1968 TT Special. I traded it in 1970 for a rode hard hemi Road Runner 😂

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před 7 měsíci

Yep, should have kept the TT Special, I guessing most have a story about a bike they should have kept. I know for me there are a couple.

• @simonpennington
    @simonpennington Před rokem +1

Beautiful bike, when I moved up from a T100 it was between this and a Speed Twin, I chose the Speed Twin because of tubeless modern rubber and 17” front wheel, and the motor that still has buckets of torque but just a bit more zing. I have put the Bonneville tank badges on it so it looks like a T120 but rides just a bit more “modern”. I did find the bars a little far forwards and the seat less comfy, but I fixed that with some bar risers from Motone that fit right on with no cable dramas, and a visit to an upholsterer. I got a great deal on my ST ultra low mileage second hand and already had the Thruxton mufflers on it, I now have a real keeper which has done long tours with luggage, Sunday blasts and commuting. It’s got so much character, happy to cruise or to chuck it around. 😊

• @BikerTorque

Yes, I’m keen to ride a Speed Twin because they do look amazing. Enjoy your ride and thanks for watching and taking time to comment

• @simonpennington
      @simonpennington Před rokem

@@BikerTorque thanks enjoyed the video, well made and now I want a T120 as well (but can’t have both!)

• @Paul-kp1tu
    @Paul-kp1tu Před rokem +1

yep, I like it, I've had a 2003 Bonne until recently, bought new, ($13K) it was good but a little underpowered, a bit heavy in feel and now have a V7 Guzzi. But when I look at this bonne I fall in love again and again. I want one.

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před rokem

I did feel a lot of difference in weight between the new T120 and the Guzzi V7 ( another great bike) also stying on both is great.

• @johnanderson9735
    @johnanderson9735 Před 8 měsíci +1

Thanks for the review, I’m shopping Triumph now, and thought the Speedmaster was it after a test ride, but the T120 is looking better the more info I have about it. I’m downsizing from a Goldwing possibly.

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před 8 měsíci +1

I haven’t actually ridden the Speedmaster, but very keen to do so. I did really like that T120 though

• @anhkhoa91280
    @anhkhoa91280 Před rokem +2

I have almost the same feedback like yours. I did a tour for 800km in the Vietnam mountain area in 2 days and it felt really awesome. The only thing I don’t like is the stock exhausts so I changed to Norman Hyde Toga and it sounds so much cooler

• @BikerTorque

I actually liked the stock exhaust, all a personal preference I suppose

• @motoheadz-motovlog
    @motoheadz-motovlog Před rokem +1

awesome review video. fun lol pie-run bike 😁

• @hachewie
    @hachewie Před rokem +1

Always loved a Bonnie.

• @BikerTorque

It’s interesting, they’ve never really been on my radar until now

• @petery3523
    @petery3523 Před rokem +2

Another informative and fun review. The red on silver colour way just looks beautiful! I’m not sure how BMW meet Euro 5 with their heritage range with oil/air cooling only but I am happy they do. Cheers

• @BikerTorque

Thanks Peter, glad you enjoyed it. Re BMW, I think there is some kind of dark magic going on there with euro 5 compliance, but very happy that they have mastered it.

• @Richard-pe4cx
      @Richard-pe4cx Před rokem +1

they are water cooled

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před rokem

@@Richard-pe4cx I think we were commenting on the heritage range from bmw which are air/oiled cooled

• @petery3523
      @petery3523 Před rokem

@@Richard-pe4cx Mate, R9T’s are not water cooled. Air / oil cooling only and are Euro 5 compliant. I own one and love it

• @DavidSmith-ve5kj
    @DavidSmith-ve5kj Před rokem +4

Love my T120, only complaint is no self canceling turn signals.

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před rokem

Awesome bike, I have self cancelling indicators on one of my bikes, they are pretty good. But the T120 is still a wonderful bike.

• @tnwilliamson
    @tnwilliamson Před rokem +1

I also own a T120. 2018 model, no cruise control but I do love the bike.
    Other than a transmission problem it has been as good as you say. My favorite bike by far.

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před rokem

Thanks for watching. What problem did you have with the transmission?

• @tnwilliamson
      @tnwilliamson Před rokem

@@BikerTorque With about 15,000 miles on the bike it got stuck in 6th gear and would not shift down. I did manage to get into down to 3rd gear and limped home, and after about $700 US dollars repair bill I was back in business, and it works fine now with 18,000 miles on the odometer.

• @alexparson4472
    @alexparson4472 Před rokem +1

Nice, you did a good job.

• @johnbentall5105
    @johnbentall5105 Před rokem +1

I wanted a smaller retro to fit in with my BMW 1200RT LC after my Yamaha MT-09 was stolen. I did not want yet another BMW boxer i.e. R9T - that would have been too boring. I rode the Z900RS and the T120. The Z900RS is an excellent bike, arguably a "better" all-rounder than the Triumph. However, the relaxed character of the Triumph engine and the looks won me over.
    Modifications to get the bike ready for a 2,000 mile tour this past April were a tubeless conversion for the spoked wheels, a Scottoiler X-system, Triumph touring screen (extremely well mounted), throttle lock and a set of panniers. I think the Triumph is a perfect compliment for the BeeEmm. I was also considering a big Japanese V-twin cruiser and I am so glad I did not succumb.

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před rokem

It’s a really tough choice between the RNineT, the Z900RS and the T120. Although technically in the same category I suppose, they are definitely 3 very different bikes. I think you’d be happy with any of them, but great choice with the T120 and sounds like some good upgrades / mods. Thanks for watching

• @ozziejim8472
    @ozziejim8472 Před rokem +1

Far out mate , you make me want one!

• @BikerTorque

Yeah, I really enjoyed riding it. Having said that I’ve just handed back a Street Triple RS which I nearly like as much

• @ozziejim8472
      @ozziejim8472 Před rokem +1

So many bikes…

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před rokem

@@ozziejim8472 and so little time.😂😂😂

• @kevindarkstar
    @kevindarkstar Před rokem +1

And on the radiator front BSA certainly need to take a look at triumph and their design

• @BikerTorque

Agree, but that new BSA does look good still

• @thebigempty_5792
    @thebigempty_5792 Před rokem +1

I had a 2018 T120 Black - it was an incredible bike and bought it brand new. I did so much to it to make it "mine". If I were to do it again, I'd get a used one because I probably spend another 2-3K just to get it right. The stock headlight was terrible (hopefully the new LED light is better) I changed to a Motodemic LED headlight/ Denali aux. fork mounted lights/stock seat was terrible after about 2 hrs. changed to the "comfort" seat. It should just come with that seat to begin with. I changed to progressive front springs and Fox piggy back rear shocks and that made a HUGE difference. Changed tires to Pirelli Trail 2 90/10 tires. / Installed a Motone X pipe and British Custom Predator Pro slip ons.....that bike came alive and I'd get looks all the time. Also added Street Twin bar end mirrors. Overall, great bike all stock and I'm really leaning towards another one. (sold it to pay off student loans)

• @racheltaylor6578
    @racheltaylor6578 Před rokem +1

I got to borrow this bike for a couple of days.It’s lovely to ride.

• @ilikelampshades6
    @ilikelampshades6 Před rokem +1

I have one and it's stunning, fun, cool, sounds amazing. I got a decat and will be drilling out my baffles to make it sound even better

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před rokem

I must admit I love the sound of the stock exhaust. Agree it’s a stunning motorcycle. Which model and colour do you have? Thanks for watching.

• @ilikelampshades6
      @ilikelampshades6 Před rokem +1

@@BikerTorque I have a limited edition 2022 T120 goldline in the green and silver paint. It's gorgeous

• @BikerTorque

@@ilikelampshades6 nice one, enjoy

• @bruceleong9534
    @bruceleong9534 Před rokem +2

Thanks for the review Ross. Having just returned to the Central Coast from a three day ride to Walcha and the Oxley Highway, I’m loving my shift cam boxer more than ever. However, as far a retros go, I find it difficult to go past the looks of the bevel drive, air cooled engine in the Kawasaki W800. I reckon it’s a work of art.

• @BikerTorque

Hey Bruce, sounds like a great ride, which R1250 do you have?

• @bruceleong9534
      @bruceleong9534 Před rokem +1

@@BikerTorque I have the naked R1250R fitted with a BMW fly screen. With semi-active suspension and 143Nm of torque it’s such a flexible bike, comfortable on longer distances and beautifully flickable along the twisties between Walcha and Wauchope. I can only afford one bike so the W800 will have to wait a few years yet 😉

• @BikerTorque

@@bruceleong9534 I sold a 2015 R1200R about 2 years ago, loved it, agree so versatile and such an under rated bike. When I’m ready to do some longer touring I reckon I’d by another R series, but maybe the R1250RS.

• @bruceleong9534
      @bruceleong9534 Před rokem +1

@@BikerTorque yes, it was a toss up between the R and the RS for me. The faired bike would be more comfortable on long rides. BTW, love your content on the channel Ross.

• @BikerTorque

@@bruceleong9534 thanks Bruce. Let me know if you’d be keen to do a story. I’d love some more BMW content on the channel. Having said that I’m now getting press bikes from BMW so there will be some reviews coming up

• @johnling2919
    @johnling2919 Před rokem +1

thanks for the great review (from a Pom.. 🙂). you've made my mind up! Choice was sort of down to BSA Gold Star, Royal Enfield Interceptor, or if I stuck with the BMW brand (have a GSA that I will prob keep), an R nine T . The only downsides on the T120 noted on other channels are just...well..just whinging! 😀

• @BikerTorque

Glad you like the review. I suppose no bike is perfect but for a modern classic the T120 is a great option.

• @mymatemartin
    @mymatemartin Před rokem +1

Just discovered your channel mate. Proud to be an Aussie and I loved the review. As a 61yo new rider, I've got 6 months left on on my P's and very much leaning towards Triumph as a brand. The Bonney T120 is right up there with my tastes although I can feel a bit of the light Trail rider in me too so, I'm not sure if should lean more towards the 1200 XC Scrambler.

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před rokem

Thanks for watching. What part of our wonderful country are you from?
      The T120 certainly is a great bike, we are very lucky at the moment to have so many great modern classics around from many of the manufacturers. Plenty more reviews and rider stories coming up

• @mymatemartin
      @mymatemartin Před rokem +1

​@@BikerTorque
      Campbelltown NSW. So, I'm very familiar with the Southern Highlands area you often refer to in your videos. Such a beautiful region and a joy to discover the many, many winding back roads that take you to just about everywhere.
      I'm seriously tempted by the T120 but, how would you compare it to either the XC or XE on a) light trail and b) something like Wombeyan Caves Road (which I've been on with my Yamaha XVS650A until the lookout where the bitumen runs out?.

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před rokem

@@mymatemartin no problem with the Scrambler XE on the Wombean Caves Road, in fact I had a heap of fun on that road on the XE. You could do it on the Bonny, just need to take it easy because of the road tyres.

• @lasserasmussen5522
    @lasserasmussen5522 Před rokem +1

If I could I would buy it! Definately getting T120 or new R Nine T for my next bike - Once you've had a bike with Cruise Control its hard to have it on next. My next bike is gonna be a retro one with Cruise Control, which mean three bikes for me, the Bobber, T120 or an R Nine T

• @hachewie
    @hachewie Před rokem +1

I had to rewatch the video as I was distracted yesterday. This bike has beautiful styling. I’ve ridden a Bonnie some years ago and I loved it. I would love to try this iteration. I wonder how a taller rider would cope on a long trip?

• @BikerTorque

Plenty of room to move back on the seat, but it would be interesting to hear how comfy it is for someone your height Chewie

• @lauriebloggs8391
      @lauriebloggs8391 Před 9 měsíci

Footpegs too far forward for tall people....gives me bum ache after an hour and a half? Would also prefer narrower and lower bars too, but I am a tall git, and most bikes are too small........@@BikerTorque

• @bertberlich943
    @bertberlich943 Před rokem +1

A very nice Bike👍

• @colingoldthorpe5918
    @colingoldthorpe5918 Před rokem +1

I have the gold line edition T120 i just love it. I ride it more than my Triumph Trophy SE...

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před rokem

Those Gold Line editions look wonderful. Great choice. I have a mate with a Trophy SE, still a pretty good bike. Thanks for watching

• @michaelvmatthews193
    @michaelvmatthews193 Před rokem +2

Most modern bikes try to dazzle the eyes with their graphic styling. Triumph, especially the T120 doesn’t need to do that; it IS style incarnate. I also have the same bike.

• @BikerTorque

Agree, in terms of stylish motorcycles its the Triumph T120 and the Motoguzzi V7 in a tie for first and daylight second. Actually the BMW R18 isn't bad either. I loved my time with the Bonnie, can't wait to get the next one for review.

• @ericmilligan3
    @ericmilligan3 Před rokem +1

I’ve just bought one, for the ride you understand? Love it.

• @BikerTorque

I’m sure you’ll enjoy it. Which colour did you get? Thanks for watching

• @ericmilligan3
      @ericmilligan3 Před rokem +1

@@BikerTorque I’ve gone for the Blue and White one.

• @allans7281
    @allans7281 Před rokem +1

Good video! Simply put: triumph is the “Rolex”of classics
    Luv my 2022 Bonnie t100
    USA

• @BikerTorque

Thanks for watching. I do love the Bonneville range

• @Richard-pe4cx
    @Richard-pe4cx Před rokem +1

as far as i am aware the only extra tech over previous models like the 2016 T120 i have is cruise control mine does have heated grips as standard and a center stand along with a grab rail i think this is where they saved the weight alloy rims instead of chrome is a good move and even better would be stainless steel spokes as chrome can tarnish if neglected mine also has a USB socket under the seat and i have 2 rider modes rain and road the headlamp has not changed .

• @whatsstefon
    @whatsstefon Před rokem +1

What a beautiful bike. I do love a Bonnie. Water cooling goes against my ethos. However, every other manufacturer who makes a liquid cooled retro bike needs to steal the design aspect of how Triumph hides the fact.

• @BikerTorque

Absolutely, the radiator is so well tucked away

• @Epicures
    @Epicures Před rokem

I am an owner and enthusiastic. I use my T120 Bonneville for city rides, long distances (Prague - Amsterdam vv) and for 200km rides through hill (mountain) landscapes from village to village on very bad roads and unpaved field roads in the Czech Republic. There is a bit more to negotiate on less positive points or additions to the motorcycle than you make it appear (is this a promotional film or a review?) I have additionally provided this bike with a center stand, classic fall protection groom bar and Triumph has fantastic wind screens that you can use. set up or take down in one click. For day rides, a Triumph gel Buddy sit is a must for comfortable enjoyment. Triumph also has beautiful classic leather matching rear site bags with accompanying groom rack and rear passenger support and rear luggage rack. Triumph should provide a connection for a winter battery trickle charger as standard. The engine oil level monitoring facility is very inconvenient. Before delivery I immediately had other tires fitted. It is also recommended to replace the rear suspension/shock absorbers. the front wheel suspension on the other hand works great, even in bumpy bends the wheel follows the road surface perfectly and the motorcycle does not dive under heavy braking. People With a length of approximately 180 CM can easily reach the ground with both feet flat, on the other hand, the mirrors are set up on the narrow side and a broad-shouldered Rider or with a thick winter coat suffers from some mirror blockage. Conclusion: My Bonneville is the best and safest motorcycle ever for my application. Also, for example, in bad corners with a lot of sand or grit on the road, we proudly stay upright after some controlled sliding. Effortlessly we take a U turn in a narrow street with no feet on the ground. I always feel confident under all circumstances and also on the German highway above 190 km/h without swaying or hard braking problems. in unexpected and fast dodging, counter steering, trail braking in unexpected braking turns and under unexpected steering conditions, the T120 follows the right track incredibly accurately without strange waddling movements. The Bonneville is also easy to maneuver in small spaces, parking spaces, etc., without being awkwardly top-heavy.

• @BikerTorque

Thanks for your very thorough comment. It’s definitely a review, certainly not being paid by Triumph. There are some very good points you make, but overall I think we both agree it’s a great bike.

• @gouthamnagarajan2544
    @gouthamnagarajan2544 Před rokem +2

Thanks for the good Review. When I did a test drive m, I felt weight in the front where it took more turning radius compared to the bikes had driven. Is this something that we need to get adjusted to? Any tips on it.

• @BikerTorque

I didn’t really notice any real issue with turning circle, it doesn’t turn as well as my Continental GT, but on the other hand it turns way better than my R18. I think it is something you’d get used to

• @gouthamnagarajan2544
      @gouthamnagarajan2544 Před rokem +1

@@BikerTorque thank you. When I took a left/right turn in the curves, I felt heaviness in the handle and felt it resisting compared to the Royal Enfield Thunderbird that I had so I had to slow down before making such curves and took a bit of effort and almost went to the second lane when I took it as I found the handle resisting my turn for some reason. When enquired with the dealer he mentioned it is probably the 18inch and wider front wheel which is the reason for the resistance. Probably you are right on getting used to.

• @dageliason2615
      @dageliason2615 Před rokem +2

Are you riding with the OEM Phantom tires? If so, change them asap to Scorpion Trail 2's. Makes all the difference in the world!

• @naturalforlife6741
    @naturalforlife6741 Před rokem

I really liked sitting on the T120 at the dealership. I like sitting on it better the sitting on the 1200 Speed Twin. It felt just right for me. I love the looks of the classic style. But I also enjoy a bike that I can do many things with. This bike would be great for doing some nice rides around the country. I don't think it would be very good for spirited curve carving. I also love the looks of not having a wind screen on a retro. I need a bike that would need a wind screen and luggage for some light touring that is also exciting. The weight of it would leaned it toward touring though. Just still not sold yet. I actually bought a Harley Iron 1200. I put a sissy bar on it to carry my sissy bar bag for light touring and a clip on wind screen. I've improved the rear suspension and seat. It checks all the boxes for me. It isn't a retro because thinks to Harley it is now a true classic since they have stopped producing them.

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před rokem

Actually I did fu d I could ride it in quite a spirited fashion, don’t be fooled by the retro looks.

• @naturalforlife6741
      @naturalforlife6741 Před rokem +1

@@BikerTorque I did own a 2012 Bonnie for almost 8 years. Loved it but I got a great offer for it from a friend. I was just over the retro thing. I needed something with a little more excitement.

• @kdsowen2882
    @kdsowen2882 Před rokem +1

Everyone who owns one loves them . The guy I bought my XV1000 off (TR1) , replaced it with a T120 which he absolutely loves . I suspect a fair-few of your subscribers are in the same-boat as myself and can't realistically afford 23K ! . On the other-hand, If he had persevered with the XV, I would never had the opportunity to buy it . It produced 58hp when I got it, 70hp once I'd remedied its faults (and I haven't fitted the 40mm flatslides yet! ) Yes , if I wasn't pushing-70 and had meaningful-income I would buy one ... but I'd happily give-one-a-go on the XV , plus it's $58 per-year Classic-reg . So 'Horses-for-Courses' really ---Love the One You're With ....and keep these vids coming Dave NZ

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před rokem

Hey Dave, couldn’t agree more, love the one you are with. Sounds like you’ve made some great progress with the XV to get the horsepower up. Thanks for watching and taking the time to comment

• @kdsowen2882
      @kdsowen2882 Před rokem +1

@@BikerTorque The factory figure/claim was 70hp and a few were close to this while most were anywhere between , down to 55-ish . The problem was the TCI technology which failed quickly through heat , combined with the rev-counter-signal which took 'spark' from the rear-cylinder . The resistance caps usually broke-down quickly also . Some had poor tank-cap-ventilation and weren't allowing enough fuel through .Just sorting this stuff made my new clutch start slipping horribly and there's plenty more 'cheap' mods to gain a bit more, which is amazing considering the effort and cost of extra HP in the Real-World . All good fun too . Google Skinny Beast TR1 or Manfreds TR1 to see what the crazy Germans do with them . Have fun Ross , Dave

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před rokem

@@kdsowen2882 cheers Dave, shall check them out.

• @upnorthrider
    @upnorthrider Před rokem +1

I do like these Triumph's, I've even thought about trading my Rocket on one... hmm we'll see
    Cheers 😎

• @BikerTorque

Why trade, just add.😂😂😂

• @upnorthrider
      @upnorthrider Před rokem

@@BikerTorque haha I’d love to add but… well maybe…. 😜😎

• @dwheeler016
    @dwheeler016 Před rokem +1

Nice review. I have a favor to ask. How tall are you? The nearest dealer to me is 200 miles away so I cannot just drive across town to sit on this bike

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před rokem

Thanks for watching, glad you enjoyed the video, I’m 178cm.

• @baumie4618
    @baumie4618 Před rokem +1

👌 There's no replacement for displacement. 😉🍻

• @wickedmetalhead
    @wickedmetalhead Před rokem +1

Oh man! I’m in the process of getting my hands on this bike very soon. But the problem is I also own a RE Continental GT 650 which I adore. Would love to keep them both but maintaining two will be a headache I think. Oh, motorbikes! You can never get have enough of them. 😅

• @BikerTorque

Both great bikes, keep them both if you can as I reckon you’ll regret selling the Continental GT. Having said that if you can only have one bike then the Bonne T120 is a wonderful option. Thanks for watching

• @wickedmetalhead
      @wickedmetalhead Před rokem +2

@@BikerTorque Thank you for the response! You're right. I can already tell that I'm going to regret selling the CGT. It's too much fun of a bike. As you said, I'll try keeping them both. Cheers!

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před rokem

@@wickedmetalhead good luck 🤞

• @JD0S
    @JD0S Před rokem +1

I’m tossing up between the Bonnie T120 or the Indian Chief Dark Horse. Any advice?

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před rokem

I haven’t ridden the Dark Horse, so can’t comment, but can say that the T120 is an awesome bike. If you can take both for a test ride would be my advice.

• @Trevor_Austin
    @Trevor_Austin Před rokem +1

There are many changes in the biker since the previous model. The omissions of heated grips, centre stand, chrome wheels and rear grab rail are not worth the slightly whizzier engine. The other nasty is the welded catalytic converter. Swapping that out for an X-pipe gives a better feeling engine and a slightly better exhaust note. But they are small beer - the bike is still great, new or second hand.
    Hands up - I have one.

• @The9meister
    @The9meister Před rokem +1

The triumph has two cylinders, where the kawasaki has four cylinders, that's why the radiator is positioned like it is, number two, and three exhaust pipes in the way.

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před rokem

Yes I realise that there are extra cylinders on the Kwaka, still think the design could be much better on the Z900RS radiator

• @jonathanalfred9847
    @jonathanalfred9847 Před rokem +1

When you say so much better than the previous version. What year is the previous version ?

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před rokem

I believe it was updated in 2021, so 2020 and before

• @grimeyhonkyracing3938
    @grimeyhonkyracing3938 Před rokem +1

If you buy one in America does it show mph and other stuff in standard instead of English measurements?

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před rokem

It shows mph in the UK, km per hour in Australia, I think you’ll be fine with it.

• @hogwylde
    @hogwylde Před rokem +1

What are your thoughts in the T120 VS the Speed Master?

• @BikerTorque

I haven’t ridden the Speedmaster, but I love the look of it and as I personally ride an R18, I reckon I would love the ride position. Might be a tough choice between the two

• @jflipova
    @jflipova Před rokem +1

What would the Thruxton RS ride like I wonder?

• @BikerTorque

I imagine it would be amazing. Great engine and would be quite engaging with the slightly more aggressive ergonomics

• @niranjandas4426
    @niranjandas4426 Před rokem +1

Kindly do a review of Triumph t100

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před rokem

We will see if we can get one from Triumph. Next Triumph we have on loan is the new Street Triple

• @shakirghazali2890
    @shakirghazali2890 Před rokem +1

Can you make a review about gpx lagend 250 twin 2

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před rokem

Unfortunately we don’t have that model in Australia so can’t get one for a review

• @Lar308
    @Lar308 Před rokem +1

I preferred the previous model I owned a 2017 model from new. Traded it for a Ducati Panigale V2 Troy Bayliss earlier this year - 2022. Loved the chrome wheels, main stand, saddle bars and heated grips - all now gone. I still have my 2016 Thruxton R which is a more entertaining bike. But the T120 was the ultimate cruiser / touring bike so I don't appreciate what they have done to the bike. All that just to save 7kg? Who cares that much about weight in this bike segment. In fact the weight of the 2017 model I had made the bike supremely stable on windy motorways and when passing large trucks. Don't get the idea of turning it into a sports bike as they already have the thruxton for that. Strikes me as more a cost cutting exercise than real improvements.

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před rokem

I knew centre stand was standard on the previous version, didn’t think saddle bags were. You are probably right about cost saving, but it’s still an awesome bike

• @Lar308
      @Lar308 Před rokem +1

@@BikerTorque sorry meant to say grab handles

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před rokem

@@Lar308 Ah, ok that makes sense. Yes it would have been good to keep those.

• @kevindarkstar
    @kevindarkstar Před rokem +1

£11,645 is the UK price for the red/silver, nice bike but bloody expensive, especially today with the current situation

• @M70fan
    @M70fan Před rokem +1

How does T120 compare with Guzzi V7?

• @BikerTorque

I love the V7, and in many ways they are similar, but the T120 for me tops it, but only just, probably only because of that additional power but it’s probably unfair to compare a 1200 to an 850. If you compare the V7 to the T100 then it’s the Guzzi every day of the week

• @Phil_285
    @Phil_285 Před rokem +1

Am I able with a height of 6‘4 to drive a Bonneville T120 or T100?

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před rokem

I think you’d be OK but best advice e is take one for a test ride

• @colinoz
    @colinoz Před rokem +1

Wonder how this compares to a Harley Softail Standard. They're roughly around the same price. I was tossing up between the two. Had to spend the extra $ on passenger kit.

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před rokem

Not really sure as I haven’t ridden the Softail Standard, or any Harley for that matter in quite some time. I can guarantee the T120 is a much better bike than the Sportster I rode once, many, many years ago 😆

• @colinoz
      @colinoz Před rokem +1

@@BikerTorque different good things about both bikes. I haven't ridden a Triumph yet, but always liked them. Sportsters are horrible bikes haha.

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před rokem

@@colinoz yep, agree with you on the Sporty.

• @colinoz
      @colinoz Před rokem

@@BikerTorque I had a forty eight to start with. Cool looking bike and pretty torquey off the mark, but terrible once up to speed. Had it for 3 months before I sold it for the Softail. Big big difference!

• @musamohammedevans900
    @musamohammedevans900 Před rokem

In Britain there in the BSA Goldstar and very cheap to buy

• @BikerTorque

The BSA Goldstar does look like a great bike for the price, but really not in the same league as the T120

• @beer3029
    @beer3029 Před rokem +1

Great review, but please cut out that loud background music.

• @BikerTorque

Cheers, shall try and keep the music in check.

• @beer3029
      @beer3029 Před rokem +1

@@BikerTorque subscribed btw.

• @xpllmmff
    @xpllmmff Před rokem +2

How is this bike performing on the non-paved surface? I think taking the bike off paved road to gravel road or fire road would be a tough even detrimental to this bike, after all it is a (retro)street in which chassis and suspension are designed for solid Asphalt and tarmac surface.

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před rokem +3

It was OK on the short bit of gravel we had to cover, wouldn’t recommend doing a lot of kms on the gravel but a few kms if you have to is fine

• @dageliason2615
    @dageliason2615 Před rokem +1

Tubeless Tires, please!

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před rokem

Yes, they would be good, but not a dealbreaker for me personally

• @ronaldthomas9396
    @ronaldthomas9396 Před rokem

I'd love to get a T120 but hesitant because of many reports of transmission failures and poor customer service and support from triumph!

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před rokem

Don’t believe everything you read and in terms of support I’d say build a relationship with your local dealer. No issues whatsoever with the bike I had for review, admittedly it was a newish bike and to be honest I haven’t heard any reports of transmission failure, but not that I went looking through to many Triumph forums. Best bet, talk to some current owners.

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před rokem

PS. I’d buy one in a heartbeat if I was after another retro.

• @ronaldthomas9396
      @ronaldthomas9396 Před rokem

@@BikerTorque Stuart Fillingham is a good start for T 120 reports!

• @BikerTorque
      @BikerTorque  Před rokem

@@ronaldthomas9396 I watch most of Stuart’s Royal Enfield content, but to be honest haven’t really watched any of his Triumph content, shall have to check it out

• @danielmcneil3004
    @danielmcneil3004 Před rokem +1

Very good review and great looking bike, but stopped watching at $21650. 🙁

• @steveharvey4036
    @steveharvey4036 Před rokem +1

Toss up, I love older big Guzzi's but now I thinking T120.. I shouldn't have watched this
    Oops forgot.. I'm not getting another bike just yet
    😢