Starting work on my cheap VW T5.1

Sdílet
Vložit
  • čas přidán 3. 10. 2023
  • Work begins on the cheapest VW T5.1 in the UK.
    Timing, Fueling & Code reading.
    2014 CAAB 2.0 TDI Diesel engine.

Komentáře • 24

• @alangiles6050
    @alangiles6050 Před 5 měsíci

People like you give me hope that my shit heap t5 will live on. Nothing but problems lately. Thanks for the video

• @casey_t5
    @casey_t5 Před 9 měsíci

That’s a great garage and even got a pit 👌🏻

• @martinsherred8302
    @martinsherred8302 Před 9 měsíci

Spot on set up to learn from,waiting on the next one.👌👍

• @marktucker3292
    @marktucker3292 Před 9 měsíci

Interesting looking forward to the next one

• @nilsjohnsen7336
    @nilsjohnsen7336 Před 9 měsíci +1

Great vid
    Keep it up 👍

• @user-uc9gv4qo7i
    @user-uc9gv4qo7i Před 9 měsíci

Great video buddy keep them coming. I have the same engine in mine.

• @wellsy647
    @wellsy647 Před 9 měsíci

Cant wait to see you fix it dude. You can do it!

• @user-io1hn6qr8f
    @user-io1hn6qr8f Před 9 měsíci

Pull the fuel filter and check for metal filings. Its quite common for the pumps to break up inside on the 2litre engine.

• @trailcrest3543
    @trailcrest3543 Před 9 měsíci

That’s what we do!! Always give it a go 💪

• @Simon_W74
    @Simon_W74 Před 9 měsíci +1

I used to have a Land Rover Freelander 2 and when the tank fuel pump died it wouldn't run once the tank dropped down to a quarter of a tank. You would still get fuel up to the fuel rail, if it was below. You could be looking at a failed fuel pump in the tank not putting enough fuel in to the high pressure fuel pump on the engine. Could be worth sticking a couple of Gallon of diesel in the tank to see if that can rule out the tank pump. You won't lose much by doing so as you'll use the fuel or most of it later one once you do get the van up and running. Fingers crossed that it is as simple issue I had.

• @retromechanic2238
      @retromechanic2238  Před 9 měsíci +1

Appreciate the comment - great suggestion, this does have an almost FULL tank! Im holding my breath for the high pressure pump being the issue but we’ll see 😁🤞

• @Simon_W74
      @Simon_W74 Před 9 měsíci

​@@retromechanic2238 Out of the two I think I would prefer the tank pump, as I once had a Vauxhall Vectra and Vauxhall wanted 2£2,900 to fix it. Never bought a Vauxhall ever again. As it was Company Policy to fit a load of new parts for £600 then hard sell you for the Diesel Pump, I pulled the car out and sent if off elsewhere where it was much cheaper to repair.

• @ady2050
    @ady2050 Před 9 měsíci +2

Temporary block or remove egr pipe from intakte . That smoke is not normal. Dpf blocked or egr stuck open

• @watchPG
      @watchPG Před měsícem

Have you got experience with t5.1, i have the exact same symptoms after engine swap and the car has been sitting as a result. can i disconnect egr for testing?

• @ady2050
      @ady2050 Před měsícem

Is a common problem that egr stuck Partially open and that leads to block dpf,

• @watchPG
      @watchPG Před měsícem

@@ady2050 if i remove egr without blanking off will i get the car to start, or that is only white smoke emissions problem?

• @beardedsurfer7535
    @beardedsurfer7535 Před 8 měsíci

I have a issue with my 2011 caab head do you think you could remove the head without removing the engine?

• @retromechanic2238
      @retromechanic2238  Před 8 měsíci +1

Yes absolutely, I don’t see why the head cannot be removed from the block with the engine in the vehicle.

• @beardedsurfer7535
      @beardedsurfer7535 Před 8 měsíci

All done I'd smashed 12 cam followers so luckily head remained on and just the rocker cover came off 👍

• @bradauto
    @bradauto Před 7 měsíci

They do fail mate. Had one myself earlier this year

• @user-wm8lh7uj9e
    @user-wm8lh7uj9e Před 2 měsíci

What was wrong with it

• @retromechanic2238
      @retromechanic2238  Před 2 měsíci

All will be revealed soon - appreciate everyone’s patience 🙏

• @user-wm8lh7uj9e
      @user-wm8lh7uj9e Před 2 měsíci +1

Still waiting as IV got same problem

• @watchPG
      @watchPG Před měsícem

@@retromechanic2238 hi im a young DIYer and bought a similar car with the impression that it had a bad engine. new engine in and 9 months later the car starts and cuts out very similarly to your project, and the engine hasn't stored any fault codes. any tips on how to get to the next stage and keep the car running?