First Load In The Kenworth T600

Sdílet
Vložit

Komentáře • 32

• @HANDBANANNA
    @HANDBANANNA Před 2 lety +7

Finally! A video without emissions problems!

• @Adhdroamer
    @Adhdroamer Před rokem +4

Glad to have found your channel I've always loved these old T600s

• @CashisKingtrucking
    @CashisKingtrucking Před 2 lety

A scan gauge and a t600 boy that takes me back good times

• @DrivingByBraille
      @DrivingByBraille  Před 2 lety

I’m turning my channel into “Trucking Back In The 2000, when trucking, was trucking”

• @Jackknife-TV
    @Jackknife-TV Před 2 lety +2

A chrome bumper and pull those side skirts off polish the tanks she'll clean up nicely...

• @DrivingByBraille

Yeah.. got some plans for the ol girl. Going to do some performance upgrades first. Get this old cat screaming.

• @Nobluffbuff
    @Nobluffbuff Před 2 lety

I ran a Scangauge for a few years. Not much to them. I loved how well I managed fuel with it. Tried not to pedal it harder than 16psi boost and always got great mileage. Ran mine with boost pressure, instant avg mpg, and real avg mpg on the display.

• @DrivingByBraille

Boost doesn’t read. Main reason I bought the damn thing!! Go figure.

• @Nobluffbuff
      @Nobluffbuff Před 2 lety

@@DrivingByBraille Really? The ecu doesn't get a boost reference from anywhere around the motor? When that thing works, you will feel like you were driving blind before. I felt naked without it, even after I went back to company driver.

• @DrivingByBraille
      @DrivingByBraille  Před 2 lety +1

Nope. Hell, I don’t even think this has a boost sensor. Going to take the exhaust side apart this weekend to look at the wastegate valve. That’s why I love these engines!! So simple. Starting to like the truck.

• @Nobluffbuff
      @Nobluffbuff Před 2 lety

@@DrivingByBraille Maybe you can tap a sensor into the hard pipe if you find something economical.

• @DrivingByBraille

Was thinking of putting the gauges that I have on my excursion 😄 side window panel gauges. Think that would look cool.

• @Reuven799
    @Reuven799 Před 2 lety +2

You say that KW is smoother than that shaker...does it have the 8 airbags?..trucks looking good on that reefer.glad you're rolling again..hope that generator doesn't get too much grime on the side there.

• @DrivingByBraille
      @DrivingByBraille  Před 2 lety +2

Nope. Just the 4. Going over bumps I’m use to going over, the Freightliner use to hit hard. This thing glides right over them. Night and day. So far the generator is staying clean. I’m supposed to hit some weather tomorrow. I’ll see how it does.

• @reggaeriderr
    @reggaeriderr Před 2 lety +1

How is the interior size. Are you able 2 move with ease and comfort

• @DrivingByBraille

Yeah. It’s smaller then a Cascadia. But it’s working out. When I install the cabinets, it will make a lot more space with the top bunk up.

• @Bigcharles81
    @Bigcharles81 Před 2 lety

what year is your truck.?

• @Costatravels1979
    @Costatravels1979 Před rokem

Miles per gallon?

• @codyaugustin3019
    @codyaugustin3019 Před 2 lety

How many miles on the truck boss

• @DrivingByBraille

Was told 150,000 on a rebuild. No documents, but I’ve had 2 mechanics look at it and say it’s clean. And talked to the guy that actually installed the engine. He was an on-site mechanic for the company I bought it from.

• @codyaugustin3019

@@DrivingByBraille I’m looking to buy one this month same year and engine cat that’s why I ask about the mileage what’s the original on yours and I watch the other video too and I Suscribe what fuel app you use called for mpg

• @DrivingByBraille

Pretty sure the odometer flipped, hopefully only once. But current is 177,000. So I’m guessing the truck has 1.17 million miles on it.
      I think I’m getting around 5mpg. Haven’t been keeping up on the tracking. But I also live and drive in the mountains. My Coronado got a whopping 6.3mpg total for last year. So am I really losing? Considering I don’t need to worry about the emissions shutting me down and leaving me stranded and the cost.
      The MPG app is “Lets truck” will keep track of mileage and maintenance. Cool app if you actually input the stuff. I’ve just been slacking.

• @codyaugustin3019

@@DrivingByBraille you got a strong truck DO NOT GET DPF TRUCK just stay AND REBUILD the truck you have I’m in a freightliner cascadia 410,000 miles on 2017 the regan comes on every night 2 days ago it regan for 4 hours straight!!! And i Manuel stop it and turn it back on it still needed to regan for 1 more hour There’s so much sensors one is damaged or break AUTO SHUT DOWN you go to sleep and wake up dpf light 💡 comes on more problems

• @DrivingByBraille

Yeah, I’m done with emission trucks. I had 5 of them in the last 5 years. Nothing but problems. The fuel cost out weights the emission issues. The stress alone, not knowing if your damn truck is going to go into derate mode. And how much it’s going to cost to fix. And if they can even fix it right the first time. My Coronado went in 3 times before they said it was the OneBox.

• @doc3584
    @doc3584 Před 11 měsíci

7:13 just start pressin buttons, something will happen!

• @MOONSHADOW-jx2tw
    @MOONSHADOW-jx2tw Před 2 lety +1

EGT: EXHAUST GAS TEMP

• @DrivingByBraille

Unfortunately, no sensor. I will end up installing one later on.

• @MOONSHADOW-jx2tw

Egt are important to monitor cylinder Temps during heavy pulls. I typically don't like anything over 900. High Temps will melt pistons. Burn fuel. Get a Pyro gauge installed . Very helpful in seeing how hard engine is working. Also helps in controlling excessive fuel burn . By controlling your EGTs .

• @MOONSHADOW-jx2tw

I deleted by muffler run straight pipe. You sacrifice back pressure or torque. But the engine breaths easier lowers gas Temps. I use to pull 900 to 1000 on heavy pulls now I'm in 800s .