Removing the belts on a T600 or t1000

Sdílet
Vložit
  • čas přidán 25. 08. 2024
  • A brief description of what to do to remove the belts on thermoking t600/ t1000 If you'd like to see the whole process I'll upload a video just ask.

Komentáře • 17

• @albertrosales3314
    @albertrosales3314 Před 3 lety

Can you make a video of removing each one by one hands on?

• @jeffhaney8172
    @jeffhaney8172 Před 3 lety

So, I have a T680 reefer. The drive belt shredded into pieces. As I’m going to replace it, I noticed the pulley in the back side of the engine appears that it’s not attached and just spins and moves in and out. Only thing stopping it from falling of is that there is not enough room for it to come all the way off. That can’t be normal, right?

• @inoahmann7542
      @inoahmann7542 Před 3 lety

What did you find out? Is it normal? I'm gonna change the belts on a few reefers in the next 2 weeks. My sense is it's not supposed to slide out but it is supposed to turn freely because it's an electronic clutch.

• @Stucknarutt
    @Stucknarutt Před 5 lety

Hey man thanks. I'm new to the reefer and still learning. My 2011, T-800 threw 4 alarms the other night and would just shut down. 1 "Check engine coolant temperature sensor" I think, 2 "Refrigerant level low" and again I think that's close but maybe not to the word. The other 2 I can't remember but are still in the system's memory. Upon my first visual, I discover the water pump belt loose. I've removed the bottom cowling not only for this but to clean it too as it was full of leaves, trash, etc. and to do a complete service while I'm having to go in this deep. Could you please advise me on how to tighten the water pump belt firstly and any other tips & advice you'd share. I would greatly appreciate it.

• @bennettejones3801
      @bennettejones3801  Před 5 lety +1

No problem. To tighten the water pump belt just tighten the 4 10mm bolts on the pulley. You have to tighten then little by little as you go around. As you tighten them the others will loosen up because it closes the gap. Sorry for the late response. I forgot I uploaded this video. With life I have been all over the place. I'll upload some more for other things if requested. You can check the refrigerat lvl through the sight glass on the compressor. Open the driver side of the refer box up. It's easier to see the sight glass this way.

• @bennettejones3801

If the water pump pulley won't tighten the belt any more then the belt needs replaced.

• @bennettejones3801

I'll watch for messages more. If you have any more questions feel free to ask. I have knowledge with just about anything engine related. Gas or diesel. Car truck or reefer.

• @Stucknarutt
      @Stucknarutt Před 5 lety

I appreciate your response. It wasn't late and actually quicker than I'd expected. It's rained more than not since 2 hrs after I originally started to troubleshoot and tear into this thing. Had a dry enough chance today to look at what you're talking about. I take it you're referring to the water pump pulley, not the crank/drive pulley. Have lots of mechanical experience and knowledge, except for reefers and have yet to run into this concept. It looks like a regular automotive water pump with studs you just tighten to secure the pulley and fan up to it's flange. In this case, I guess it would be drawing/pulling it up a tapered shaft to tighten. If that's the case, I probably need to replace belt as the studs are sticking out 3/8" to 1/2" from the nuts.

• @Stucknarutt
      @Stucknarutt Před 5 lety

Also, this particular belt has the teeth or notches in it. Do you know if that's right and where is the best and cheapest/best deal for the best belts and parts for the Thermo Kings. I've had the truck a year and 1 month today. Reefer unit was running strong and flawless this summer up to 1 to 2 months ago. Thanks again brother.

• @housaynbambe6071
    @housaynbambe6071 Před 2 lety

Comment mettre en France un T 800

• @housaynbambe6071
    @housaynbambe6071 Před 2 lety

Comment mettre en France