Fuji 100 400mm lens and 1X4 Teleconverter field test. (X-T2)

Sdílet
Vložit
  • čas přidán 13. 09. 2018
  • fujifilm XF100-400mmF4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR field test with images video and the Fujifilm 1X4 teleconverter what a great day testing this brilliant camera setup
    In this video I take to Victory Show for some aviation photographer then I head to Bradgate Park for a little wildlife photography with some portrait photography added to the mix for a photo opportunity from the blue so with the fuji 100-400mm and 1X4 Teleconverter the fun was about to begin enjoy Chris
    FujiFilm X-T2
    FujiFilm 100-400mm lens
    FujiFilm 1X4 Teleconverter
    FujiFilm X-T20
    FujiFilm 23mm F2
    Rode Video Mic

Komentáře • 141

• @mrmaxwell2176
    @mrmaxwell2176 Před 5 lety +2

Hi Chris, wow...such a useful review...best I have seen! I have a naive question for you...you mention the OIS stabilisation as being very impressive and in the same breath mention the use of a tripod...but I thought when the camera is on a tripod the OIS should be switched off? And also what shutter speed did you achieve and ISO did you use with the deer images, bearing in mind the f8 aperture? thanks in advance for your reply.

• @cppuk
      @cppuk  Před 5 lety +1

Hi Bella great comment Thank you . I always leave the OIS on but would consider deactivating it for long exposures but not always if you look at the Whitby video where I took some very long exposures of 60 seconds plus the image stabilisation was on all the time. I think I was photographing the deer at 1/200 and the only Reason for using tripod was for that extra little bit of Stability and to help carry the heavy load of the 100 to 400 . I always try to keep the ISO as low as I Possibly can but so I would have been at 160 but Definitely no higher than 600 pretty sure it was 160. hope this help Chris

• @allanmacuser
      @allanmacuser Před 5 lety +1

Hi Bella the thing is with a large telephoto even handling the camera can cause a slight vibration on video but you will be ok for
      photos that what l have found in the past

• @brianmccutcheon3205
    @brianmccutcheon3205 Před 5 lety +3

Chris once again a great review. I have to get that kit for my XT3. Thank you very much. Loved your photos especially the air show. I shoot mainly with a Pentax K1, my first love, beautiful camera. Like you I get excited over subjects and the pictures produced. Once again all the best and thank you.

• @cppuk
      @cppuk  Před 5 lety

Brian McCutcheon hello Brian thanks for dropping by and taking the time to comment and view this video much like yourself yeah I love to get out and you no matter what the subject but I do have my favourites and aircrafts are just one of those. It is a brilliant combination with the XTthree and the telly converter really does help but only in the right scenarios for the aircraft I did feel sometimes I was a little too close but I could’ve always took the converter off. Thanks again Chris.

• @maxheadroom7687
    @maxheadroom7687 Před 5 lety +1

Your work is amazing and I loved the review. Subscribed. Thanks for posting this.

• @cppuk
      @cppuk  Před 5 lety

Thank so much and welcome to the channel. Cheers Chris.

• @mickcooke9626
    @mickcooke9626 Před 5 lety +1

great work again Chris , brilliant still shots , and the video great work ,

• @cppuk
      @cppuk  Před 5 lety

mick cooke thank you as alway Mick. Chris.

• @robsta5
    @robsta5 Před 5 lety +1

Great video Chris, Awesome combo with the 100-400 + teleconverter.
    Pure viewing pleasure as always..

• @cppuk
      @cppuk  Před 5 lety

robert bates thank you Robert hope your well busy time with the new X-T3 on the way. Looking forward to seeing how good it will be in the field. Cheers As always Chris

• @frankbrune3101
    @frankbrune3101 Před 5 lety +2

Great video! the pictures from the air Show were amazing, and also a really good combination with the music. Fun to watch, thanks

• @cppuk
      @cppuk  Před 5 lety +1

Cheers Frank great to shoot I love aircraft and what a great combo of kit just come back from Cornwall took it with and got some great photo and videos with it Thank you for your comment and taking the time to watch . Chris .

•  Před 5 lety +2

Thoroughly enjoyable and useful review, some brilliant photos and tasteful edits- but your personality and obvious passion for photography got me to subscribe!

• @cppuk
      @cppuk  Před 5 lety

Thank you Jon and welcome to the channel . a place for all lovers of photography . Thanks again chris .

• @andywhiteside16
    @andywhiteside16 Před 5 lety +2

Fantastic review chris some lovely aircraft shots this lens is defiantly on my shopping list along with the xt-3

• @cppuk
      @cppuk  Před 5 lety +1

Andy Whiteside fingers crossed Andy next week I pick up the X-T3. So keep an eye out for all the up coming vids. It’s should be a great combination of camera and lens. Can’t wait. I’m trading in my X-T20 just can’t let the X-T2 go. And because I’m getting the 18-55. With it I’m trading in the 23mm f2

• @gamevichannel
    @gamevichannel Před 4 lety +1

I just love your videos. You’re so friendly...and everything you explain is so easy to follow and to understand. Love ya❤️🙂 I’ll never leave your channel!
    I do have the X-T3, with the 18-55mm and the 100-400mm and I’m planning on getting a few more things for it, the teleconverter, the grip and maybe a 1.2 or 1.4 f lens :)
    God bless you!❤️🙏

• @primal_aperture_photo
    @primal_aperture_photo Před 3 lety +1

Those were fantastic videos and photos. Great review!

• @cppuk
      @cppuk  Před 3 lety

Thank you a lot of fun to experience

• @stephenmorgan4780
    @stephenmorgan4780 Před 3 lety +1

This is so very informative and down to earth. I love it. A great not up your arse video. Well done that man !

• @diecastattic126
      @diecastattic126 Před 3 lety

Thank you its still a great lens combo. and one use a lot today with the X-T4
      Thanks again Chris

• @antonoat
    @antonoat Před 5 lety +3

Excellent video, thanks. Seriously thinking of getting out of Nikon after 30+ years, your channel is just what I need so obviously I've subscribed. Cheers. PS looking forward to seeing your other videos.

• @cppuk
      @cppuk  Před 5 lety

It is never easy moving from a system you have worked with for so long. But for me once I got into the world of FujiFilm ( 6 months) I could not go back to the big old DSLR,s of yesterday. Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Chris.

• @quebecer4605
    @quebecer4605 Před 5 lety +1

Thank you Chris. I want to buy that combo!

• @cppuk
      @cppuk  Před 5 lety +1

Nicolaas Strik it’s great you’ll love thank you for your comment have a good weekend Chris.

• @magicdave93
    @magicdave93 Před 5 lety +1

Nice bit of kit there Chris and what stunning results video and stills!

• @cppuk
      @cppuk  Před 5 lety

David Thompson thank you David I love the video on the X-T2 that slow mo is bloody beaut. Thanks again Chris

• @jedthornley7321
    @jedthornley7321 Před 5 lety +1

Thanks Chris great video. Love the way you have edited the planes. You should do a video on that.

• @cppuk
      @cppuk  Před 5 lety

Jed Thornley thank you Jed. I’ll look into it cheers Chris

• @eagleputter64
    @eagleputter64 Před 5 lety +1

Review aside, amazing job editing this. The Video came out great loved the transistions cant wait to pick this lens up my self.

• @cppuk
      @cppuk  Před 5 lety

Zachary Stein still has to be one of my all time favourites lenses. Love it. Thank you for your time and comment. Chris

• @luisquesan
    @luisquesan Před 3 lety

I've been thinking on this combo and also on the combo Fringer EF-FX PRO II and Sigma 150-600 5-6.3 Contemporary, do you know something about this combo on the X-T2? It`s quite cheaper. Thanks.

• @SkylarkFields
    @SkylarkFields Před 4 lety +2

I found this really useful, thank you. Have had my XT-2 and 100-400 lens for about 18 months - still learning but love wildlife photography and was looking for a review of this converter, hence came across your video on here. My only concern is the weight as I already find the camera + 400mm lens heavy to lift, and not keen to use a tripod as that's just more to carry and slightly cumbersome when you need to act quickly. Your wildlife images were brilliant, by the way!

• @cppuk
      @cppuk  Před 4 lety +1

SkylarkFields thanks for the comment and taking the time to view.
      I know what you mean about the way it’s not good but the lens is so good. Have you used it for moon shots. It’s brilliant for that two. Thanks again Chris

• @ivanovichbiggenden8996
    @ivanovichbiggenden8996 Před 5 lety +3

Hi Chris just wondering tripod a 1:4 converter shot then take the converter off and just use the 100-400, just wondering the difference in image thanks Mate

• @cppuk
      @cppuk  Před 5 lety +1

Ivanovich Biggenden the optics in the converter is so so good I’ve seen no loss of detail in the images but I’ll put something on the Facebook page as a comparison should have done that in the video. Cheers Chris

• @Whitemoon379
    @Whitemoon379 Před 3 lety +3

The Fuji 70-300 x mount lens can connect to these teleconverters

• @pingpongnaked
    @pingpongnaked Před 5 lety +1

Awesome video friend..subscribed...Love Fuji❤️❤️❤️

• @cppuk
      @cppuk  Před 5 lety

Thank you and welcome to the channel . cheers Chris .

• @snakecharmer2823
    @snakecharmer2823 Před 3 lety +1

Hi Chris, I recently purchased a Fuji 100-400 to go with my X-PRO2, XE-1, and other lenses; almost filling my camera case. Every picture I take of birds results in me cropping
    so I am considering an extender. Now that the 2x converter is available, which one would you chose as a first? Also, I am impressed with your dramatic post processing and
    having see this done before with cars. I would love to know how to do it? I have Photoshop. Thanks for the video. Chris B.

• @cppuk
      @cppuk  Před 3 lety

Not to sure about the 2x converter I have never use one Chris, and do not know how many stops you lose. with the 1x4 your widest aperture is F8 so make sure you can get the light into the sensor. I love bird photography and have photograph many and with the 100-400 plus converter the Potential for Shaky and blurred shots multipli.
      it can be a frustrating game as the next thing to come out is the tripod then you have no room and having to move all the kit becomes a job.
      But I have to say the 100-400 has to be my favourite lens and with the x-t4 the combination was made in heaven as the ibis aids me with any shake giving back with what I Lost to the converter. I wish i could give you more on your combination of equipment but with so many elements I do not know, it would be wrong for me to advise you.
      Photoshop is the software I use for all my editing I sometime jump into luminar but have Found it can sometimes spoil the image as the control is not as personal as photoshop.
      There is a few videos on the channel about my edits take a look through some of the videos I'm sure they will help you thanks again Chris.

• @lister4life
    @lister4life Před 5 lety +1

Would love to see a video with fuji/focal reducer and m42 takumar lenses
    I use it and love it

• @Alseki7
    @Alseki7 Před 3 lety +1

Some really excellent images with the aeroplanes :)

• @cppuk
      @cppuk  Před 3 lety

Thank you so much.
      Not done a lot of photography in the last 12 month, be happy when life gets back to something more normal.
      Thanks again Chris

• @dougstringer5358
    @dougstringer5358 Před 5 lety +1

Chris: Great photos at the 9:00+ mark. Thanks for sharing.

• @cppuk
      @cppuk  Před 5 lety

Doug Stringer thank you Doug for taking the time to watch and comment Chris

• @markhou
    @markhou Před 5 lety +2

Thanks for this video. I've never considered wildlife stuff, but your approach to it makes me want to try. Have you ever looked at super zooms like the Panasonic fz1000.. Obviously a huge penalty with IQ but ultra portable...

• @cppuk
      @cppuk  Před 5 lety +1

markhou hi thanks for your comment no I’ve not look at any super zooms but now you have mentioned it I will take a look thank you once again Chris

• @ZoneTelevision
    @ZoneTelevision Před 4 lety

Excellent review sir. Thank you.

• @cppuk
      @cppuk  Před 4 lety

Thank you great combination of equipment. cheers Chris.

• @TonyNeat
    @TonyNeat Před 5 lety +1

Superb images, all of them. I recently got the 50-140 with the 1.4 converter from Wex but I’ve yet to give them a good airing. I’ve been too busy figuring out what to do with all the free bags of air they sent with it 🙂

• @cppuk
      @cppuk  Před 5 lety

Lol yeah how many bags. But wow great combo Tony your enjoy it. Some many are saying how good they are. Thanks for the comment Chris.

• @keithmaddison5428
    @keithmaddison5428 Před 5 lety +1

Chris, once again an enjoyable video and great shots ... camera combination seems like a fun set up to use although it only shows your ability and talent as a photographer. I have a Nikon D7100 with a Tamron 150 - 600 that I like to use only problem is the weight sooo heavy.

• @cppuk
      @cppuk  Před 5 lety

Keith Maddison I think back about the Canon days the Fuji camera body is so light but adding the 100-400 into any system is a back breaker Keith but it is still a lighter combination than the old 5D mark III.
      Thank you as always Chris

• @GapBahnDirk
    @GapBahnDirk Před 5 lety +1

I loved the WWII plane shots and some of the aerial footage was absolutely Supermarine....

• @cppuk
      @cppuk  Před 5 lety

Thank so Much alot of airshows I.ve been to do need that extra focal reach but the victory show the 100-400mm would have done the trick thanks again Chris

• @colinharvey1049
    @colinharvey1049 Před 4 lety +2

Chris, Great images. I picked up the XF100-400 last week. Did you ever consider the 2x extender instead of the 1.4x?

• @cppuk
      @cppuk  Před 4 lety +1

Colin Harvey no I didn’t Colin just down to being able to getting the 1x4 at a great price at the time. Was not looking for one but couldn’t let it pass me by. I think you lose two stops with the 2x and 1 with the 1x4. Not 100% but there is a negative side to them. Hope this hopes you Colin thank you for taking the time to comment Chris.

• @richardharvey1732
    @richardharvey1732 Před 5 lety +3

Hi Chris, there is a way to fit the teleconverters to other Fujinon lenses, it involves using the 16mm extension tube, when fitted to the back of the lens you can add the teleconverter without it's projection going too far into the lens. When you do this, of course you then are able to get closer to your subject but unable to focus on more distant subjects!, what i does is turn some of the other lenses 'up' as it were into slightly more macro and smaller aperture, of mostly academic interest, but when you combine the ext. tube and 2x teleconverter with the 80mm macro lens you can get as much as times two magnification, I have one shot on file of 12mm of a tape measure occupying the entire width of the frame!, perfectly in focus. There is one slight problem with the 100-400 at full stretch, its a bit soft wide open, if you look closely enough you can see that it gets sharper and sharper all the way up to F16 with the 1.4!, this means that very sharp shots of birds in flight are rather difficult, but with the IOS I can shoot still subjects down to a shutter speed as low as 1/30th sec.!. this works really well for close-up s on insects and butterflies because the small aperture gives you the sharpness as well as adequate depth of field. Cheers, Richard.

• @cppuk
      @cppuk  Před 5 lety

Richard Harvey cheers Richard I didn’t know that thank you. Chris

• @solvm1652
    @solvm1652 Před 5 lety +1

Awesomeness

• @cppuk
      @cppuk  Před 5 lety

SOLVM thank you

• @paulcomptonpdphotography
    @paulcomptonpdphotography Před 5 lety +1

Nice one mate. What shutter speed was you on with the air show bloody nice photos. Love your processing as well

• @cppuk
      @cppuk  Před 5 lety

Hey up Paul hope your well I was on shutter priority at 1/200th you got to get that prop wash if not just take them when they are parked up on the ground not a fan of seeing still props from high shutter speedsThank you as always Paul . Chris

• @cannondale1100
    @cannondale1100 Před 5 lety +2

Just found your Chanel and subscribed.. Great video!

• @cppuk
      @cppuk  Před 5 lety

Thank you Tom have a great weekend Chris .

• @PT-re2gi
    @PT-re2gi Před 5 lety +2

That’s for your review and sharing the great images. Have almost a film look to them. Very pleasing

• @cppuk
      @cppuk  Před 5 lety

Thank you for taking the time the time to view and comment Chris .

• @colinhothersall8343
    @colinhothersall8343 Před 5 lety +1

Hi mate. What time can you enter the park on a Saturday morning? Thanks.

• @cppuk
      @cppuk  Před 5 lety +1

Colin Hothersall sorry mate just catching up with comments you enter the car park at 7am or park out side for one hour as the park is always open. Cheers Chris.

• @larserikrst4333
    @larserikrst4333 Před 4 lety +1

Great review. May I ask what film simulation you used for the SOOC animal/wildlife shots?

• @cppuk
      @cppuk  Před 4 lety

Lars Erik Røst Anything straight out of camera is just the raw conversion to JPEG for viewing purposes only no treatment added to any image hope this helps cheers Chris.

• @larserikrst4333
      @larserikrst4333 Před 4 lety +1

@@cppuk Oh, I thought it was JPEG straight from camera, not RAW converted to JPEG in post. Thanks. 😊

• @cppuk
      @cppuk  Před 4 lety

Lars Erik Røst no worries hope it helps thank you again Chris.

• @cameraman655
    @cameraman655 Před 5 lety +1

Have almost the same setup, save for the 100-400, whereas I am using the 50-140. That said I am looking at the 100-400 (though I am lusting after the 200mm f2, just wish I could scrape up $6k). Having shot Canon for well over 35 years, I recently made the switch to Fuji earlier in the year. During that time I have played with teleconverters and getting acceptable results on 300 2.8 and 400 2.8 glass, though nothing award winning with the Canon system. I am looking at investing in the 1.4x maybe even the 2x as I hear good things about these converters and your images pretty much sold me on the idea of acquiring the 1.4x.
    BTW, thinking about the X-T3? I'll likely hold off until say Spring. My X-T2, X-Pro2 and X-E2s will do nicely for the time being.

• @cppuk
      @cppuk  Před 5 lety

cameraman655 great kit I’m getting the X-T3 on release so keep an eye on the channel and the Facebook page. Trading in the X-T20 can’t let go of theX-T2. It to dam good. Cheers Chris

• @koolkutz7
    @koolkutz7 Před 3 lety +1

Great overview Chris. How do you rate the autofocus performance of this lens for wildlife? I was considering getting it with the new Fuji X-S10. Mind you, that new Fuji 70-300mm looks tasty too; you can even use the TC's on that one as well!

• @cppuk
      @cppuk  Před 3 lety +1

Difficult one to call with that new 70-300 kicking about. But as I have and love the 100-400 the only think I can think of is the weight and price. With the xt4 they work hand in hand. Love to know what you do. Cheers Chris.

• @koolkutz7
      @koolkutz7 Před 3 lety

@@cppuk I have bought the XS10 with the 18-55 f2.8-4 lens for now. Weighing up options for telephotos.

• @chorton53
    @chorton53 Před 3 lety +1

Thanks for the video. I just can't get over the size of the box and the air bags for such a small item. Really?

• @diecastattic126
      @diecastattic126 Před 3 lety

I know but it got here safe thank god for the recycling bin.

• @henrycolestage4249
    @henrycolestage4249 Před 4 lety +1

What did you shoot the unboxing with? Specifically, what app were you watching yourself on your mobile?! I love my XH-1 but the one thing that is annoying is having to set up a monitor to see yourself. Great review and I really love Bradgate Park. Stunning views and walks. Cheers from sunny Los Angeles!

• @cppuk
      @cppuk  Před 4 lety

I was using the fujifilm xt2 and I used the fuji app on the iPhone . but you can get the app for the gopro and connect by wifi. hope this help cheers chris

• @henrycolestage4249
      @henrycolestage4249 Před 4 lety

@@cppuk Many thanks! Just to make sure I got you right, you can use the GoPro app (which I already have for my GP7) and just let the XH-1 connect to it? I hope that's right because it would make my life sooo much easier. Cheers!

• @cppuk
      @cppuk  Před 4 lety

@@henrycolestage4249 yes but i only have the hero 4 black and silver just pop them into wifi mode your get a blue light flash and in your phone setting go to your wifi connect page and look for your camera in the options of other wifi your phone is picking up hope this helps let me know how you get on if your stil not 100% youtube a vid

• @newseagull
    @newseagull Před 3 lety

Hi Chris, just seen your video today ... it's great! I loved the WWII plane shots and to do a gift to my friend that use radio-controlled aircraft, I'd like to take pictures when he flies them, then post-produce the photos like you did ... fantastic. Can you show me a video of how to do this exceptional post-production? What programs did you use and everything you can tell me about it? That would be great. Oh, I forgot ... I subscribed to your YT channel. Eugenio G. - Italy -

• @cerealkiller4248
    @cerealkiller4248 Před 2 lety +1

Hi
    Were the dogs at 21:36 Bedlington Whippet crosses, lovely images 😁

• @cppuk
      @cppuk  Před 2 lety

Thank you so much beautiful dogs.
      Thanks again Chris

• @gryff42
    @gryff42 Před 4 lety +1

Was there heavy editing involved in those aircraft shots? They were breathtaking, I couldn't believe these are real photographs. Amazing!

• @cppuk
      @cppuk  Před 4 lety +2

Gryff not heavy but there were some I had to add more dramatic skies on some images as you can see but it take about 10 minutes per photo to edit. If that. I’ve been photographing aircraft for many years and have it pretty much to perfection hope this helps thank you for your time and comment Chris.

• @Hedgey2
    @Hedgey2 Před 2 lety +1

Good video. Love the Lestah accent. I worked there’s for a few years and now call rolls cobs lol 😂

• @cppuk
      @cppuk  Před 2 lety +1

Hahahahahaha. Cheers my mate.

• @Hedgey2
      @Hedgey2 Před 2 lety +1

@@cppuk I’ve recently upgraded from the XT2 to XT4 and bought the 100-400 lens with 1.4 converter. Looking forward to using it.

• @cppuk
      @cppuk  Před 2 lety

@@Hedgey2 great set up you will get some amazing images with that combination.

• @colinhothersall8343
    @colinhothersall8343 Před 5 lety +1

Great idea about putting the LR presets you are using up on the vlog. That works for me. Great vlog. I think you are in love with the Fuji........😘

• @cppuk
      @cppuk  Před 5 lety +1

Colin Hothersall cheers Colin it’s a great camera system and I am a little in love with it. Well a lot. It just so dam good cheers Chris

• @oldgrumpyjim5003
    @oldgrumpyjim5003 Před 5 lety +1

Hi Chris Its strange you doing this just now. I just got hold of a second hand (Wex) X2 fuji teleconverter to try on my 50-140mm. I was expecting a slight loss of sharpness after pushing the lens out so far but surprisingly after taking a picture of a RN cruiser way out on the Clyde it was frightening!! the detail was amazing.
    Jim

• @cppuk
      @cppuk  Před 5 lety +1

Jim McDowall Grumpy Photographer it’s crazy Jim the detail is brilliant I to was surprised at the quality 50-140 that’s some ken how you find it. Cheers Jim Chris

• @oldgrumpyjim5003

Chris the 50-140mm is what I use most of the time the detail is cracking and for landscapes it just brings everything together. Ive been using it for family portraits and it out performs any Nikon lens I used in the past even my old 85mm. Now that I have the X-T20 as well I find that I have the 16-55mm permanently on the X-T20 and the 50-140mm on the X-T2. saves me having to change lenses in the wind and rain. Had to get a silicon skin for the X-T20 as its not weather proof though that was the only down side but one that I can live with! Jim

• @cppuk
      @cppuk  Před 5 lety +1

Jim McDowall Grumpy Photographer yes I have only used the X-20 for video and feel the X-T2 is better for that with it’s slow mo but the X-T20 is a beaut and the lack of weather sealing is not a problem cheers Chris what do you think is the 16-55??????? Thank again Chris

• @oldgrumpyjim5003

The 16-55 is a cracking sharp lens as well Japanese quality! Only it is not stabilised so as I'm getting older I have to shoot more shots with higher shutter speeds to make sure I get some in focus! I recently got the old Fuji plastic 16-50mm which is stabilised got for 120 quid wasn't expecting much and it is a bit soft at the edges but other than that with proper editing its good enough for my street stuff and its just as sharp at the centre. Now young Christopher!! don't upset me and say you've ordered the X-T3 ;-)

• @oldgrumpyjim5003

by the way your video capture is amaaaazing!!!

• @joennick1
    @joennick1 Před 4 lety +1

Great video Chris. How do you get these Photoshop Vintage 6 stuff? Yes I have photoshop!

• @cppuk
      @cppuk  Před 4 lety

in Ps cc go to filters and camera raw once in ACR
      profiles and click the 4 small boxies and you can select the profile you wish hope this helps. Cheers Chris.

• @joennick1
      @joennick1 Před 4 lety

@@cppuk Cheers. I wouldn't mind a video on the XT3 and that 100-400 with and without a TC doing football (soccer)/sports if you fancy it! 😜

• @cppuk
      @cppuk  Před 4 lety

joe nick I have done some footy pic a few years ago using the. 100-400 and the tc was to much I didn’t need it the action was so fast but I did got some great shots Cheers Chris

• @Rupert88888
    @Rupert88888 Před 5 lety +1

It's like opening a parcel from Amazon. Massive box to protect a really small box 😁

• @cppuk
      @cppuk  Před 5 lety

Colin Auns lol 😂 every time and with every package now days think they would be just putting it in a little bigger box with an air bag or two. Cheers Colin. Chris.

• @Rupert88888
      @Rupert88888 Před 5 lety

@@cppuk I'm intrigued! So I've been neglecting my photography since last winter as I've been golfing loads. So have you sold all of your Canon gear? Quite a jump

• @cppuk
      @cppuk  Před 5 lety

+Colin Auns yes Sir the last of the kit went at the photography show it was sitting doing nothing. It was hard to say goodbye to canon but after a year of shooting Fuji there is no going back Colin. Cheers and take care Chris.

• @Rupert88888
      @Rupert88888 Před 5 lety +1

I wanted a smaller camera just for hiking and wild camping so pre ordered the Fuji XT3 a week ago. I'm keeping all my Nikon lenses and D810 as i can't even think about getting rid of the kit! I'm so you will do just fine. I'm just wondering what lenses to get for the Fuji. Take care pal

• @cppuk
      @cppuk  Před 5 lety

+Colin Auns it took me 6 months to sell my Canon gear as it was just sitting doing nothing then at the photography show I took it all with me and sold the lot to one company I just didn't use it and it was losing value every day. Lens for landscape. 10-24. Or wait for the 8-16. I too preordered the X-T3. Thank and enjoy your new camera. Cheers Chris.

• @matthewbell1968
    @matthewbell1968 Před 5 lety +1

Nice video Chris. My xt3 comes on Friday and I'll be very interested to hear how yours gets on with the 100-400. Should I keep my 7d mkii/100-400ii or trade in and go fully fuji? I await your video. Many thanks Matt

• @cppuk
      @cppuk  Před 5 lety

Hey up Matt IMO you need to trade all you kit once you get into this camera system there is no turning back watch my video about making the move from Canon to Fuji ( my story canon to Fuji ) I was out at the weekend with the 100-400 and the xt3 amazing vlog up this weekend some of the best photo I've ever taken. Let me what you do Matt have a good week cheers Chris.

• @cppuk
      @cppuk  Před 5 lety

Think about the teleconverter if you do trade in Matt. If a great combo. Cheers Chris.

• @matthewbell1968
      @matthewbell1968 Před 5 lety +1

@@cppuk can't wait to see this Chris. ...

• @cppuk
      @cppuk  Před 5 lety

This weekend Matt. 😊

• @matthewbell1968
      @matthewbell1968 Před 5 lety

@@cppuk many thanks. Off to us for bald eagles and f1 on Monday. Which lens/camera combo will I have? Decisions decisions. ..

• @8II0000II8
    @8II0000II8 Před 4 lety +2

Here's a stupid question, what are those red tabs on the side of your xt2

• @cppuk
      @cppuk  Před 4 lety +1

Not No Stupid Question.
      czcams.com/video/BhkCFvfYx84/video.html
      Hope this help

• @8II0000II8
      @8II0000II8 Před 4 lety

@@cppuk thank you so much , always wondered what those were

• @dudleyhollister322
    @dudleyhollister322 Před 5 lety

This TC works with three lenses. The 80mm micro, 50-140 and the 100-400.

• @allanmacuser
    @allanmacuser Před 5 lety +1

Thanks for the video, my son (scottsharman.com) user two of the latest fungi l have been a canon man since the 60s but l am really interested in fugi once again thanks for the video Oh yes l used to use the canon 100 - 400 with the 2 x converter and the 1.4 x converter which were quite good just one more thing have you ever tried the Sigma or Tameron tellphoto lens and l see you have the same Peak design items like us
    regard
    Allan in stoke on Trent

• @cppuk
      @cppuk  Před 5 lety

Allan Sharman hello Allan thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I still loving the Fuji system and have no regrets on moving from Canon I’ve not look at any other lens but I here good things about the Tamron lenses. Anyway thank again and say Hi to your Son for me. Cheers Chris.

• @garybrown9719
    @garybrown9719 Před 3 lety +1

A little under exposed on video of the plane's in the beginning suggestion could you apply
    -1highlight +2 shadows to expose for the planes
    Very nice images
    I love the deer video spot on

• @canderson1955
    @canderson1955 Před 4 lety +1

Well we know now that Wex in Norwich are one of the least environmentally aware providers of camera gear. That size box for that teleconverter? Really?

• @cppuk
      @cppuk  Před 4 lety +1

canderson1955 Anderson lol yeah I know massive

• @pegbag12
    @pegbag12 Před 5 lety +1

Great review and great images (loved the aviation ones!) Check out Moose Peterson for some awesome aviation photography.

• @cppuk
      @cppuk  Před 5 lety

Steve Healy cheers Steve will do. Thanks Chris

• @kennethnielsen3864
    @kennethnielsen3864 Před 3 lety

117th.

• @RobustArid379
    @RobustArid379 Před 2 lety +1

one day i will own this lens. i been holding back since xt2 came out. hard to shell out $2k usd.

• @cppuk
      @cppuk  Před 2 lety

I know what you mean. I was lucky when I picked this one up for £1700 and I can remember back then having a long hard think about it before buying. One of the best things I’ve brought in the world of photography.

• @joshjspice
    @joshjspice Před 3 lety

This is not a review