Fujifilm 35mm f/1.4 Review On Fuji's 40 Megapixel X-T5

Sdílet
Vložit
  • čas přidán 5. 08. 2024
  • Can the Fujifilm XF 35mm f1.4 handle the 40 megapixels of the Fujifilm X-T5, find out in this review. No additional sharpness was added in post on the photos in this video.
    Gear I use, US links:
    - Fujifilm 35mm f1.4: amzn.to/3UhcF0z
    - Fujifilm X-T5 US link: amzn.to/3GEip1a
    - Fujifilm X-T5 UK link: amzn.to/3AzzYvC
    - Tamron 17-70mm f2.8: amzn.to/3TSPOrY
    - 7Artinsans 25mm T1.05 amzn.to/3CrGogt
    - Fujifilm X-H2S: amzn.to/3rMFkif
    - SmallRig RC220b: amzn.to/3dOmsMJ
    - The best value for money camera in 2022: amzn.to/30rHNS2
    - Fujifilm 16mm F/1.4 WR: Gear I use, US links:
    - Samyang 12mm F2 AF Fujifilm X: amzn.to/31Yezyi
    - Nikon 24-70 F4 S (600$): amzn.to/3DwdwCk
    - Nikon Z7 II: amzn.to/31FimzU
    - Nikon Z7 II + 24-70 F4 S: amzn.to/3rP39HE
    - Fujifilm X-T4: amzn.to/32fPps7
    - Fujifilm 18-55 OIS F2.8-4: amzn.to/2ZoP0lv
    - K&F Lens Adapter Ring Nikon G to Fujifilm X: amzn.to/31luN0E
    - Zhiyun Weebil S: amzn.to/2ZneT59
    - Nikon D850: amzn.to/3hhlUui
    - Tamron 24-70 f2.8: amzn.to/3ihEJPn
    - Tamron 70-200 f2.8 G2: amzn.to/2SlGTlu
    - Tamron 15-30 f2.8: amzn.to/3jr4WeN
    - Nikon 50mm f1.8 G: amzn.to/3jcNQk2
    - Dell 9570 laptop: amzn.to/3k8jVKJ
    - Haida M15 Filter Holder System: amzn.to/2Smnl0x
    - Haida 150mm ND1000 Neutral Density: amzn.to/36nizrT
    - Hoya Nd 16 filter 58mm: amzn.to/32fXDR7
    - Hoya Nd 16 filter 82mm: amzn.to/3igRbir
    - Backpack Lowepro Pro Tactic 350 AW: amzn.to/35p6jqe
    - Backpack Lowepro Whistler Backpack 450 AW II: amzn.to/3ij8aQT
    - Main light, YONGNUO YN600 Air LED: amzn.to/3k2ahcs
    - Fill light, GODOX LEDM32: amzn.to/2GQBJf7
    - Cards, Sandisk extreme pro: amzn.to/3mmTZwD
    As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases. The links above are affiliate links and if you decide to buy the gear through them I earn a small commission. It costs you nothing but helps me to make more videos for you to enjoy.
    My Presets Pack: andreidima.com/presets/
    Buy me a coffee: www.buymeacoffee.com/andreidima
    FOLLOW
    INSTAGRAM: / dima.travel. .
    FACEBOOK: / dima.travelling
    TWITTER: / dima_travelling
    BUY PRINTS: fineartamerica.com/profiles/d...
    EMAIL: contact@andreidima.com
    #fujifilm #fujifilmxt5
  • Věda a technologie

Komentáře • 57

• @scottallen6172
    @scottallen6172 Před rokem +25

I found my 35mm 1.4 is sharper on my X-T5 than my X-T30, where it was already very good. It may not outperform the newer Fujifilm lenses, but I am very pleased at its performance on my X-T5. BTW, my 16mm 2.8 really shines on the X-T5.

• @AndreiDimaReviews
      @AndreiDimaReviews  Před rokem +1

Thank you for sharing! I was thinking of trying out the 16mm f2.8 on the X-T5.

• @john_in_Berlin
    @john_in_Berlin Před 7 měsíci +5

What a unique voice, in every sense. Excellent breakdown of what is proving to be an enticing, unbeatable camera-lens combo.

• @awstinf
    @awstinf Před rokem

Great shots of Valencia mate. Thanks for the lens review just ordered one myself, cheers.

• @LucaPetraliaPhotography
    @LucaPetraliaPhotography Před rokem +11

This lens is an all time favorite. Good to hear it can still perform well with the new sensor

• @blizzbee
    @blizzbee Před rokem +1

Just get it first time to match with my XT1, so exciting to see what they can do!

• @JackieDElia
    @JackieDElia Před 9 měsíci +2

Thank you for making this video. I love my 35mm f/1.4 and just purchased the X-T5. I did not buy the camera for the 40mp but for the autofocus, IBIS and the LCD like the X-T3. This is my stills camera - I use the X-S20 for video. 😊

• @marikuanna
    @marikuanna Před rokem +1

Thanks for the video!

• @noble78b
    @noble78b Před rokem

I just got the XH2, this lens looks amazing with it to me. I was using it with my XT3.

• @el0blaino
    @el0blaino Před 2 měsíci +1

Lovely photographs, showing what you can get with this lens on the new, larger sensor. I am still on the x-t30 but will try to remember to use f2 more; I think I am more often inside and getting anxious about high iso values so perhaps too quick to just open the aperture all the way.

• @omerekici9835
    @omerekici9835 Před rokem +7

My all-time favourite lens. Using it on my X-T3 for 2,5 years now. Thinking about upgrading to a X-T5 tho because of AF, IBIS and better battery life. Still hard to justify buying it yet. Waiting for a good cashback or second hand deal.

• @williamkelly7656
    @williamkelly7656 Před rokem +1

What about the f2 version?

• @petr-podrouzek
    @petr-podrouzek Před rokem +2

Nice job Andrei 🙂

• @parmanduke
    @parmanduke Před rokem

I have this lens and LOVE it. Fantastic photos

• @brownbear100
    @brownbear100 Před 10 měsíci +1

The 33 just doesnt draw the viewer in the same way the 35 did, and as a result I dont get so excited to use it. No arguing with the results, but story gets a bit lost I find.
    Have been thinking of swapping the 33 back for a 35, but I do value the perfoemance gains.
    Have been experimenting with custom profiles and diffusion filters to try and put some character back in the new lenses. -2 or -3 sharpness plus about the same woth clarity and small weak grain bring those new lenses back to earth a little. Newbie with the filters, but looking forward to experimenting some more.

• @diba4645
    @diba4645 Před rokem +1

most individual lens on fuji. favored choice.

• @JonInLondon
    @JonInLondon Před 2 měsíci +1

That was useful... thanks!

• @AndreiDimaReviews
      @AndreiDimaReviews  Před 2 měsíci

Glad I could help!

• @JonInLondon
      @JonInLondon Před 2 měsíci

@@AndreiDimaReviews BTW are you sure the soft corners aren't at least partially the result of field curvature (so focusing in the corners would improve it)?

• @eYACTION
    @eYACTION Před rokem +1

A legend I love it 🫠

• @eavesphoto
    @eavesphoto Před rokem +4

I don't want to sell my 3yr old Fuji primes for the newer ones. So have you used any older lenes and seen a big difference vs the newer lens of the same focal length?

• @AndreiDimaReviews
      @AndreiDimaReviews  Před rokem

I just tested the new 23mm and it is a lot better then the old one, the 33mm is an improvement over the 35mm but in my opinion not that big and the new 56mm f1.2 has the best image quality on the Fujifilm system so far. If I had to upgrade one it would be the 23mm because it is spectacular on the new 40mp sensor.

• @michaelh9
      @michaelh9 Před rokem +2

@@AndreiDimaReviews i wish they stick with the clutch focus ... Hard to get rid of my old 16 and 23:(

• @BenjaminKanarek
    @BenjaminKanarek Před rokem +4

Of all of my 15 Fujifilm lenses, this is one of my favourites!

• @Mathew-vlogs
    @Mathew-vlogs Před rokem +3

I really wanna pick up this lens, but I can’t afford it right now. 😂 it’s gonna have to wait a bit. Also, awesome video. You’re right you don’t need new gear to better photographer. You need skill. 👍👍👍

• @AndreiDimaReviews
      @AndreiDimaReviews  Před rokem +2

Thank you! Its a special lens, skill is more important then gear.

• @awake780
    @awake780 Před rokem +1

Looks great to me. The level of detail on those crop shots was impressive.

• @AndreiDimaReviews
      @AndreiDimaReviews  Před rokem +1

Its still a great lens, a bit soft at f1.4 because of ghosting but still sharp for any application.

• @awake780
      @awake780 Před rokem +1

@@AndreiDimaReviews the X-T5 and 35 1.4 is going to be my main combo, so this was a great video you put out. As always, excellent work, Andrei.

• @AndreiDimaReviews
      @AndreiDimaReviews  Před rokem

@@awake780 thank you!

• @edv.fernandez6241
    @edv.fernandez6241 Před 5 měsíci +1

Hello, first of all, I enjoyed watching your very informative video. I would appreciate your response as I am not a professional photographer. My Fujifilm X-T5 camera came with the XF16-80mm lens. It has a maximum aperture of f/4 at 16mm. Let's say that there is a group of people in front of a painting inside of a museum, would you use a 23mm or 35mm lens? I am considering purchasing either with f1.4. Thank you!

• @AndreiDimaReviews
      @AndreiDimaReviews  Před 5 měsíci

Hello! For a group of people I would use the 23mm. I am glad you enjoyed my video!

• @edv.fernandez6241
      @edv.fernandez6241 Před 5 měsíci

@@AndreiDimaReviews Thank you very much for the response. I appreciate it. Please continue producing and posting videos. They are very informative.

• @malikharden5124
    @malikharden5124 Před rokem +2

Did the tamron 17-70 perform well on this sensor ? Debating picking it up this week

• @AndreiDimaReviews
      @AndreiDimaReviews  Před rokem +3

Hey, I will release a video about the Tamron 17-70 on the Fuji X-T5 later today.

• @malikharden5124
      @malikharden5124 Před rokem

@@AndreiDimaReviews your a angel 🤟🏾 thank you so much

• @algarveTV
    @algarveTV Před rokem +2

0:34 - Ferragudo Village - Algarve, Portugal.

• @timstiv
    @timstiv Před rokem +7

Really strange but I have a 35mm f1.4 that is perfectly sharp from 1.4. They must have huge sample variations in this lens. Works great on my X-T5

• @jyangphotoatx
      @jyangphotoatx Před rokem +2

Maybe his got damaged? I have a older 23 1.4 with the same issue, my friend’s copy is sharp all aperture but mine is not at 1.4. Sent it back to Fuji and turned out it’s damaged.

• @Ed-lz4jv
    @Ed-lz4jv Před 11 měsíci

Just bought a used one, had this lens 8 yrs ago, was stolen. When it arrives It will stay on my T30 :) ...Selling my Fuji 35 F2.0 to get some $$ back. really want the 1.4

• @SudhirKay
    @SudhirKay Před rokem +1

Is it noisy during autofocus?

• @simon359
    @simon359 Před rokem +3

I opted for the 33 1.4, but I never had the 35, 1.4. 🖖