Portable TV For Camping | August Wireless Freeview TV Transmitter DVB-T405

Sdílet
Vložit
  • čas přidán 30. 07. 2024
  • I review the August Wireless Portable Freeview TV Transmitter DVB-T405. Perfect for TV when camping?
    Freeview TV Wireless Receiver turns your Smartphone, iPad or Tablet into a TV using the DVB-T405, no data required.
    Amazon Affiliate link:
    August Portable Freeview TV for iOS and Android DVB-T405 - Watch and Record Live Freeview on Phones and Tablets/No Mobile Data or WiFi Required - Rechargeable Battery
    amzn.to/338kle9
    15% Discount from 02/10/2020 16:00 BST until 31/12/2020 Use Code BOB15Off
    Start (0:00)
    In the box (0:05)
    Download the app (1:56)
    Connect the WiFi (2:10)
    Tuning (3:25)
    Pause live TV (4:16)
    Telescopic aerial (4:55)
    Connect to external aerial (5:44)
    Record TV (7:35)
    Review (8:12)
    Follow me, my wife Jenny, Poppy, our Westie and sometimes Tara, my sister's Cavaschon. We do Motorhome Reviews, Motorhome Days Out, Help, Hints and Tips on Motorhomes, Motorhome Tours in the UK and Europe, we visit Motorhome Shows, and spend over a third of our year living in a motorhome. In fact all things motorhome!
    Check out our channel and subscribe. goo.gl/LkNYYo
    Please - share, leave a comment, click subscribe (it's free), click the bell icon for notifications of all our new videos on our motorhome trips, shows, events, help, hints and tips on all aspects of #motorhomes #motorcaravan #campervan
    Follow me on
    Facebook: / bobearnshawmoho
    Twitter: / bobearnshaw
    CZcams Channel / bobearnshawmoho
    Affiliate Links (we get a small percentage, you pay the same).
    LINKS TO ALL OUR REVIWED PRODUCTS ARE HERE:
    Video Equipment and Software:
    www.bobearnshawmoho.co.uk/202...
    Motorhome Essential Accessories:
    www.bobearnshawmoho.co.uk/202...
    Motorhome:
    Fiat Ducato Swift Kon-Tiki Sport 574 (2019)
    Car:
    VW Club Up! (2015)
    Dog(s):
    Poppy, a West Highland White Terrier (2013), Tara, a Cavascon (2014), my sister's dog, who we look after occasionally.
    Thanks for watching!

Komentáře • 81

• @daveke110ck
    @daveke110ck Před 3 lety +4

Wish I had bought one of these when I got my Van in March. 6 months and only 2000 miles due to covid. Have spent a fortune on unlimited internet for 12months and every parkup I go too usually has poor if any internet!!! £40 for the August portable TV is a no Brainer . We live and learn.

• @daveke110ck
      @daveke110ck Před 3 lety

Bob tried on Amazon to purchase but your discount code is not working.

• @steadycamuk1
    @steadycamuk1 Před 3 lety +2

Bought one of these a couple of years ago and its great. The magnetic ariel is a brilliant perfomer. If you stick the magnetic ariel onto the cab door on the outside or if you have a PVC then the whole vehicle becomes an ariel. We sat in the awning and watched the world cup matches on the tablet in the awning on a hot day nice and cool outside in Grasmere in the lakes and picture was brill with no breakups. Its a great gadget for watching live tv outside of your unit. Recommended🏆 ps. I have no connection with the company - weve just used it and think its great.

• @eddiedownes9084
    @eddiedownes9084 Před 3 lety +4

Had one for quite a while now. We knew when downsizing our new MH did not come with a tv aerial as standard, unlike most UK models, and we wanted to save weight. We also tend to find good broadband can be provider dependant, and if you don’t have the right provider you are stumped relying on internet tv. We don’t watch that much TV but certainly the odd sporting event is handy. The minimal outlay to use with an iPad was too attractive to miss. We very rarely have to use the big aerial provided, mostly using the smaller extendable which gives great quality. I am sure we bought it because of a review you did some time ago when one of your friends had one?

• @HitchUpAndTow
    @HitchUpAndTow Před 3 lety +3

Looks a nice bit of kit, ideal for a tablet.

• @ManxAndy
    @ManxAndy Před 3 lety +2

Thankyou Bob......ive used August gear for years, always impressed, I’ve just bought this with you’re discount code......cheers👍🇮🇲👌

• @jamescampbell9521
    @jamescampbell9521 Před 3 lety +2

Looks very good Bob

• @andyjenno
    @andyjenno Před 3 lety +2

Looks very interesting Bob

• @noelgregdavis8235
    @noelgregdavis8235 Před 3 lety +3

That's a good little gadget

• @barbarawiddowson635
    @barbarawiddowson635 Před 3 lety +4

Just when you want to get away from tv.......Suppose it would be good for those who want to see their teams football match, or other sporting venues live. Wouldn't be buying it myself as I can't stand the trash tv or endless ads shown .Thank you for the review Bob.

• @keithbradfield7825
    @keithbradfield7825 Před 3 lety +2

Seems like a good gadget

• @MakeDoAndMend1
    @MakeDoAndMend1 Před 3 lety

Hi Bob. I have one of these August units and I am very pleased with the unit. Works well in my motorhome just sitting on the dashboard. Just to say if anyone contacts you. The unit doesnt like strong TV signals. If I connect it to my House TV aerial with the Adaptor supplied I get loads of channels but pictures pixelate and sounds breaks up. I have to use an attenuator inline aerial connector. It's not a fault of the unit but simply I live in a strong TV aerial area of the country and the August unit is very signal sensitive. Cheers from old George

• @gallivantinggalantes
    @gallivantinggalantes Před 3 lety

Hi Bob, what a good gadget, very handy, thank you for sharing x

• @shoyebjeeva1300
    @shoyebjeeva1300 Před 6 měsíci

Just had mine delivered today (Robert Dyas) and it was able to find 130 channels for the latest iOS update. Easy to set up, very small and lightweight.

• @davidmeadowcroft7626
    @davidmeadowcroft7626 Před 3 lety +2

Good video here Bob. Well explained and demonstrated. Agree with you that I wouldn’t buy it but an interesting 10 minutes review 👍

• @lindahiggins9295
    @lindahiggins9295 Před 3 lety +3

Handy gadget, especially for camping. Hope your all well. 👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿👍

• @markbur1503
    @markbur1503 Před 3 lety +1

You should be able to beam your phone screen to your Avtex TV via WiFi direct or whatever your phone uses to connect to the TV. I do it with CZcams from my phone to our TV in the caravan. It's just a cheap Asda Polaroid TV. All very simple to do and better on the eye than a 5 inch phone screen.

• @BobEarnshawMoHo
      @BobEarnshawMoHo  Před 3 lety +1

Never been able to use screen mirroring on that Avtex, maybe newer TVs can.

• @julieread2580
    @julieread2580 Před 3 lety

Hi Bob, looks good for those not wanting to disturb others.
    Bob, quick question, looking to purchase an Adamo 75-4DL. In near future. Do you know if a canopy can be fitted to the side as none of this range have one included. Is this a build issue or yet another chargeable optional extra?

• @BobEarnshawMoHo
      @BobEarnshawMoHo  Před 3 lety

Yes, it does look like a dealer fit extra. The Alliance SE had an awning. Hoping to find out more about the Adamo soon!

• @75eszhgclk
    @75eszhgclk Před rokem

If you are in a high signal area it will work, but if you are further away from the transmitter or if there is no line of sight to the transmitter then those little aerials are likely to fail. Other than that it is a clever little item.

• @markmangan8586
    @markmangan8586 Před 3 lety +2

😊👍

• @markbur1503
    @markbur1503 Před 3 lety +2

Is it not easier to download the App UKTV then just watch the TV channels via that? It's free too....

• @BobEarnshawMoHo

Uses mobile data though, this does not use any data.

• @markbur1503
      @markbur1503 Před 3 lety +1

@@BobEarnshawMoHo Yes I did see that but for the cost of it, and considering most people's phone contract (as opposed to PAYG) would have at least 4 to 6 GB per month it might just be easier etc.
      Unless you are away for months in your caravan/ motorhome then this should be sufficient.
      I get 12gb with Tesco mobile for £15 per month! Plus there's not many areas where you could not pick up a TV signal.
      I can see the benefit for catch up TV etc but then just use your mobile data. I use my phone as a mobile hotspot if we want to watch your channel then just login to CZcams on the TV.

• @btg6222
    @btg6222 Před 3 lety +2

Can you then connect your tablet to the tv for full screen

• @BobEarnshawMoHo

If you can it plug in to the TV, you can't use WiFi to connect because the August is connecting via WiFi. But, then, if you have a TV, just watch TV in that.

• @castletransport
    @castletransport Před 3 lety

Bob, has it got bad break up because it's inside maybe? I mean you are in a metal box. I find the same with my mobile signal too

• @BobEarnshawMoHo

It was much better on the magnetic aerial and the motorhome aerial.

• @anthonyrawson6818
    @anthonyrawson6818 Před 3 lety +1

Hi bob could you please let me know what site books you use many thanks

• @BobEarnshawMoHo

We don't use any site books, just the Internet. Caravan and Motorhome Club, Camping and Caravanning Club, Tranquil Parks and Google mainly.

• @anthonyrawson6818
      @anthonyrawson6818 Před 3 lety

Bob Earnshaw thanks

• @obsolete375
    @obsolete375 Před 2 lety

Hi, thanks for making video.
    I don't have WiFi. Can this gadget be used by just using your data allowance?

• @BobEarnshawMoHo
      @BobEarnshawMoHo  Před 2 lety +1

It transmits TV to your smartphone over a WiFi connection. No mobile data allowance is required.

• @obsolete375
      @obsolete375 Před 2 lety

@@BobEarnshawMoHo Thank you Bob, appreciate the quick response. ( Subbed )

• @robandsally6071
    @robandsally6071 Před 3 lety

Hi Bob, presumably you would need a TV license?

• @BobEarnshawMoHo

Yes I believe so, same as your Motorhome uses your home one.

• @MakeDoAndMend1
    @MakeDoAndMend1 Před 3 lety +1

Currently £28 on Ebay. Cheers from George and Jane 👫👍🇬🇧

• @BobEarnshawMoHo

Thanks for that, you should buy it. If you use the amazon link I provided then we get a small commission to support the channel, but hey, go ahead, save yourself some money.

• @stephenmason5682
    @stephenmason5682 Před 3 lety +1

Hi Bob, how much data does it use per hour of watching please?

• @techmanfriendscrafter7767

That would be cool if they me to USA version of it

• @teresaheyes8775
    @teresaheyes8775 Před 3 lety +1

Hi Do you need to have wifi to operate this device?

• @BobEarnshawMoHo

You need to have a smartphone to connect to the unit's own WiFi, but you don't need Internet data for your phone to use it. The term WiFi is often confused with an Internet connection, it is not the same. WiFi is just a way of connecting to something wirelessly, such as a Internet router or in this case a TV transmitter. Hope that helps.

• @teresaheyes8775
      @teresaheyes8775 Před 3 lety +1

That is so useful
      Thank you

• @Rusty_Pumper
    @Rusty_Pumper Před 3 lety +1

Great video as normal,
    The discount code keeps coming back as invalid

• @Tom-852
    @Tom-852 Před 3 lety +2

This looks really good.
    Hope your both well?

• @TravellingBox
    @TravellingBox Před 3 lety +2

Sounds like it would be ideal for me as I don’t want a telly and watch everything on my iPad.

• @philiplewis9825
    @philiplewis9825 Před 2 lety

Is there an adaptor to use with a laptop.

• @BobEarnshawMoHo
      @BobEarnshawMoHo  Před 2 lety

Not that I'm aware, it's an app based product for smart phones and tablets.

• @AugInt
      @AugInt Před rokem

Hello, It cannot be used on a Laptop itself as it requires use of an Android or Apple App to work, but you can use this product on a Chromebook laptop.

• @petercousins1645
    @petercousins1645 Před 3 lety

The aerial was useless that came with August tv & additional dipole aerial purchased was useless in Watford Herts not a thing !

• @williamchanning9055
    @williamchanning9055 Před 3 lety +2

Be interesting to see how good it will be in more rural areas, but looks pretty good, nice and compact, on the expensive side though.. On another thing your vlog on toilet cassettes came to the Travel Trolls rescue as theirs has stopped working, well done Bob - they did give you a shout out.

• @BobEarnshawMoHo

Yes thanks, saw that, I said thanks to them.

• @daveke110ck
      @daveke110ck Před 3 lety

@@BobEarnshawMoHo Bob tried to order one with your discount code this morning , the code does not work! Am I doing something wrong?

• @TutorialProR
    @TutorialProR Před 2 lety

Здравствуйте уважаемые а где можно его купить

• @BobEarnshawMoHo
      @BobEarnshawMoHo  Před 2 lety

Ссылка на амазон в описании. Не уверен, что это сработает для вашей страны.

• @shoyebjeeva1300

Interested in buying this, what is the os system compatibility?

• @BobEarnshawMoHo
      @BobEarnshawMoHo  Před 6 měsíci

You can download an IoS or Android app for it.

• @shoyebjeeva1300

@@BobEarnshawMoHo Hi, I meant what is the latest update compatibility for the software you need to have? iOS 15, 16, or 17? Will it be compatible on the old iPhone models?

• @BobEarnshawMoHo
      @BobEarnshawMoHo  Před 6 měsíci

The app is called August 405 and says IoS 8.1 or later. On Android it's 4.1 or later.

• @shoyebjeeva1300

Thank you, also do you still need to have the bbc iPlayer, itx and other streaming services installed in your phone for it to work with? Or will the channels just appear automatically when scanning is completed?

• @shoyebjeeva1300

Thank you, also do you still need to have the bbc iPlayer, itx and other streaming services installed in your phone for it to work with? Or will the channels just appear automatically when scanning is completed?

• @rockabillycatz
    @rockabillycatz Před 3 lety +1

There brilliant I have one and use it all the time on my old iPad have tried it on my iPad Pro but won’t work on it and not sure why.anyone why it won’t work on iPad Pro 13,4 iso,???,

• @BobEarnshawMoHo

Sorry, don't know why it won't work. Best to contact August.

• @deenunya7735
    @deenunya7735 Před 3 lety +1

Looked like a Mini USB End, looked very Small than a C

• @michaeldawson6309
    @michaeldawson6309 Před 3 lety +2

To be honest we don't watch much live TV anymore because the program choices are so poor and the BBC agenda just drives us both insane. So we use a SKY mobile SIM linked to our Sat service at home which allows us to watch most Sky content via mobile app/4G with no data allowance used becasue any Sky channels watched are exempt from data usage when using a Sky SIM. BTW the SIm is only £10 a month and I can roll over the unused data allowing us to watch Netflix and Prime video so we no longer have a TV just a large tablet and have great choices including your good selves on CZcams. We also pre load the tablet with Netflix content / Sky off line before setting off to have content if the 4G signal is ever poor. That said we have had great service even over 3Mbps when congested but most sites we get between 8 and 17Mbps
    I think traditional TV is a dying service and dedicated sat systems in Motorhomes a waste of money.
    Just our view.

• @Robertonnz
    @Robertonnz Před 3 lety

A boon in a tent