Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate Rear Axle Air Helper Springs Installation - 2015 Ford Transit T150

Sdílet
Vložit
  • čas přidán 5. 03. 2023
  • Click for more info and reviews of this Air Lift Vehicle Suspension:
    www.etrailer.com/Vehicle-Susp...
    www.etrailer.com
    Don’t forget to subscribe!
    / etrailertv
    Full transcript: www.etrailer.com/tv-install-a...
    Hello neighbors, it's Brad here at etrailer, and today, we're taking a look at installing the Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate rear air helper airbags on a 2015 Ford Transit T-150. So we're gonna take this out on our test course, and this is set up for an electrician to use, so it's got all the equipment in the back, so already the jounce bumpers are pretty well resting on the axle, and that's gonna make for that suspension to not be able to move very well. And we just installed a hitch and brake controller, so they're planning on putting a trailer on suspension that's already kind of maxed out. So I'll be interested to see the difference that the airbags make. So let's hit some of these bumps and see how it rides. Not a whole lot of soaking up.
    I don't know if you can hear the tools in the back, but it is bouncing around quite a bit. The suspension just feels kinda like blown out shocks. And right now, just on flat pavement, it's not too bad. We're hitting small bumps, and you can hear everything kind of jostling around. But again, over those bumps, it's really noticeable how jarring each hit is.
    It just doesn't feel like there's anything really supporting the back end of the vehicle. So we're gonna go through the slalom, and just kinda do some light turns here and there, just to kind of go side to side on our suspension. Lot of lean, lot of, lot of lean. This is a pretty top-heavy vehicle. I'll admit that.
    And this one is definitely heavy with the equipment in the back. So I think that suspension's getting a pretty harsh workout right now. It's not really able to do its job. This is what our airbags look like when they're installed, and they just simply replace the factory jounce bumper location. And the great part is with the internal jounce bumper, and these, it's still gonna give it that support.
    And then when we need to bump it up a little bit, because we've added a load or a trailer, we can go ahead and just add a little bit more air, and that's just gonna simply lift this up, giving us more suspension travel. Now even though there is the internal jounce bumper in these, you still wanna make sure that you put at least five pounds of pressure at all times. It's gonna be the minimum. Just gonna make sure that those bags aren't squished down and kind of damaging, so that five PSI will be enough to kind of fill the bag, and keep it protected. Now the double convoluted bag style is really heavy-duty, and something that you see in semi-trucks. And this one in particular has a 5,000 pound capacity. And that's not to say that it's gonna give you 5,000 pounds more of carrying weight, but this is going to support up to 5,000. So it's really gonna give your suspension a fighting chance, and kind of get some of that suspension travel that might have been taken away by being loaded down. And the great part, as far as installation goes, you're simply gonna take out the jounce bumpers, and we have our brackets that are gonna bolt into that factory spot, and then this just goes around our strike plate and tightens down. So the great part is there's no drilling required to get this mounted up. It goes into the factory spot. And honestly, this is probably one of the easier airbag installs that I've done on vehicles. It's nice and open, and also, there's some really nice features. You have a P-clamp that you can run your air line through, and just overall, things go together really well on this kit. You know, taking it back out on the test course with the bags filled up is you should notice a big difference. But something that you'll wanna pay attention to is we put a reference mark with painter's tape to show you where that shock was originally sitting before. And the bags already gave us about an inch and a half of extra travel, and we're gonna see how the shocks react when hitting bumps. Now, previously out on the test course, when we hit those bumps, it just felt like the rear end was real sloppy, nothing really supporting it. And as I'm hitting bumps now, it is truly night and day difference. It just feels like the van is totally capable of the weight that's loaded up. And this neighbor, in particular, is gonna be hooking up to a trailer, and based on a braking puller, it's probably a pretty heavy duty trailer. And so even with that weight pushing down on the tongue, these bags are really gonna help support it, and let the suspension do the work that it needs to. Now I can hear the tools rattling around as we hit the bumps as we heard previous, and that really, it kind of makes it seem like it's a little more

Komentáře • 5

• @braxtonhill6281
    @braxtonhill6281 Před rokem

Have these on our express service vehicles. Our new '23 1ton transit awd is heavy on one side and bumpers hitting axles from tool weight. Love the difference these make.

• @etrailer
      @etrailer  Před rokem

We're glad to hear that the Air Lift air helper springs are working well for you!
      www.etrailer.com/Vehicle-Suspension/Air-Lift/AL88213.html

• @bigjav240
    @bigjav240 Před 7 měsíci

Do you have a kit for a 2022 150 transit?

• @lakayshredsmtb447
    @lakayshredsmtb447 Před 13 dny

I have Transit 15 seater and the rear is too rough for the passengers. I upgraded the rear shock with Falcons but its still too rough. I wondering if these air bags will help?

• @etrailer
      @etrailer  Před 13 dny

They will definitely help! Because they're air springs, you can add or delete air from the system until you get the perfect amount of support out of your rear suspension. It will make a large improvement in your ride quality.
      www.etrailer.com/Vehicle-Suspension/Ford/Transit+T150/2015/AL88213.html