A Cold Ride to Castleton on a Triumph Bonneville T120

Sdílet
Vložit
  • čas přidán 8. 02. 2024
  • Just before the snow arrived, I took my Triumph Bonneville T120 motorcycle for a ride to Castleton in the Peak District.
    Even in February, when a rare clear day arrives it's only right to get the Bonneville out and get some miles under us. On this ride, I travel through the famous Winnats Pass on my way to Castleton. Afterwards, I head off to Bugsworth Basin for a bite to eat before going home.
    If you enjoyed this short Classic Rides film, I hope that you'll consider leaving a like on the video or subscribing to the channel. Your Like or Subscription lets CZcams know that you've enjoyed my video, which in turn helps push the video out to more people, it's one of the most genuine ways to support the channel and it costs nothing at all.
    Or, if you feel like my mini films are worth £1 of your money, then it would be a huge help if you would consider actively supporting the channel by becoming a Channel Member. Being a member means you'll get access to a little extra content, such as honest gear reviews and the odd behind the scenes video too. But mainly it's a way of supporting the channel and helping me make more of the videos like this one.
    Finally, if you'd like more information on the channel, the bike or my travels, please feel free to hop over to my website where you can find articles, photos and journals on everything Classic Rides.
    www.classic-rides.co.uk/
    Thank you,
    Matt.
    #motovlog #motorcycle #travel
  • Auta a dopravní prostředky

Komentáře • 140

• @ClassicRides
    @ClassicRides  Před 5 měsíci +1

10% off Discount Codes: 👇
    Roadskin AAA Taranis jeans: Use code "CLASSICRIDES" at www.roadskin.co.uk/classicrides
    Gerbing Heated Clothing: Use code "CLASSICRIDESUK" at gerbing.co.uk/CLASSICRIDESUK

• @sam04025
    @sam04025 Před 5 měsíci +5

Being a rider myself.. i really find your videos very calming n soothing.. I personally love riding by the country side.. just u, your machine and the beautiful scenery to soak it in.. cheers..

• @ClassicRides

Thanks Sam, that’s good to hear. There’s not much better than being out on your bike in the countryside 🏍️💨

• @EastboundDwn
    @EastboundDwn Před 4 měsíci +1

I've recently discovered your channel, and I must say, it's very tastefully done.

• @ClassicRides
      @ClassicRides  Před 4 měsíci +1

Thanks very much, glad you think so.

• @EastboundDwn
      @EastboundDwn Před 4 měsíci

@ClassicRides is that a triumph brand luggage tail rack?

• @ClassicRides
      @ClassicRides  Před 4 měsíci +1

Yes, it's the one that comes with a backrest, just I have it with the backrest taken off.@@EastboundDwn

• @EastboundDwn
      @EastboundDwn Před 4 měsíci

@@ClassicRides thank you, that's why it looks different.

• @UncleLongbeard
    @UncleLongbeard Před 5 měsíci

as always pleasure to watch buddy

• @ClassicRides
      @ClassicRides  Před 5 měsíci

Thanks mate, enjoyed your latest video too 🙏

• @bugscooters
    @bugscooters Před 5 měsíci +6

Absolutely beautiful work.

• @motodok69
    @motodok69 Před 5 měsíci

Как всегда прекрасное видео 👍🤝😀

• @seanfrank4158
    @seanfrank4158 Před 5 měsíci +1

I have to live vicariously through people such as yourself who can pretty much ride year round. It's too cold and too snowy for me to ride my Bonnie in winter sadly....

• @ClassicRides

A heated jacket & gloves helps a lot for the cold, not so much for the snow though ⛄️

• @dvm8834
      @dvm8834 Před 5 měsíci

@@ClassicRides I agree, for me the cold is not a problem now either, the problem is one and a half meters of snow on the road, an electrically heated jacket will not melt the path for my journey, but what a path, it will not even clear the path to the barn where my Bonneville sleeps.

• @stephenthompson6049
    @stephenthompson6049 Před 5 měsíci

Stunning video as always, Hardy man riding in an open face lid in February, you must have been freezing

• @ClassicRides

It’s not too bad actually, most of my face is covered. The best bit about open face helmets in winter is there’s no fly’s smacking you in the face 😁

• @artistonamotorbike
    @artistonamotorbike Před 5 měsíci

Gorgeous ride, there was a few days where it was warmer just before the snow came.

• @Dave65.
    @Dave65. Před 5 měsíci

Excellent video.

• @filipshulikov143
    @filipshulikov143 Před 5 měsíci

Thank you 🫡

• @markpinnington1723
    @markpinnington1723 Před 5 měsíci

Great camera work as usual Matt. Love those canal boats you have over there 👌

• @themoog3889
    @themoog3889 Před 5 měsíci

Nice spot for a bit of gongoozling ! 👍🏻

• @ClassicRides

I’m not sure what that is, but I’ll take your word for it 😁

• @themoog3889
      @themoog3889 Před 5 měsíci

@@ClassicRides Barge/narrowboat watching the waterways equivalent of trainspotting !

• @ClassicRides

@@themoog3889 I've learnt something new today!

• @adrianstrand1120
    @adrianstrand1120 Před 5 měsíci +1

A therapeutic watch while a geriatric 89 year old hit me in my car, breaking my left hand and displacing my finger, just as I was looking forward to riding my two bikes as spring approaches, keep them coming 👍🏻

• @ClassicRides

Sorry ot hear about your accident, hopefully you'll be back on the road just in time for summer 🤞🏻

• @SBKPete
      @SBKPete Před 5 měsíci +1

Good luck with your recovery 👍🏻

• @adrianstrand1120
      @adrianstrand1120 Před 5 měsíci

@@SBKPete Thank you 🙏

• @mikehowarth6165
    @mikehowarth6165 Před 5 měsíci

Great video matt,beautiful ,peak district,ride safe,regards mike,Derbyshire, born and bred

• @ClassicRides

Thanks Mike, it’s a beautiful part of the country 👌

• @thematlockbiker
    @thematlockbiker Před 5 měsíci

Enjoyed watching your latest video. Great to bump into you the other day at the Yondermann Cafe

• @ClassicRides

Thanks mate, it was nice to meet you too, it's not often anyone comes up to me, felt like a celeb for a minute there 😁

• @billsayer6828
    @billsayer6828 Před 5 měsíci +1

Isn’t great to get back on the road nowt better great work 👍

• @ClassicRides
      @ClassicRides  Před 5 měsíci +2

It was definitely a good thing getting back out on the bike, despite the cold

• @bullitt1317
    @bullitt1317 Před 5 měsíci +1

Thanks for the ride Matt! I haven’t been out since November. It’s been too cold and wet here in Pennsylvania. But tomorrow we are expecting 58 F and only a slight chance of rain. Take care. Ron 😊

• @ClassicRides

Hope you manage to get soon Ron, we’ve only had limited chances since October, hopefully better weather is on its way 🤞

• @Trev350
    @Trev350 Před 5 měsíci +1

Every shot is a well considered, beautifully composed piece of art. You already know that ... But I want you to know; we know it too. Some of the finest work anywhere. Thank you.

• @ClassicRides

Thanks Trev, I appreciate you saying that 🙂

• @user-uc1ux5qb5r
    @user-uc1ux5qb5r Před 5 měsíci +1

おはようございますマットさん。素敵な運河ですね。一日のんびり過ごしたい景色です😊次回も楽しみです✨

• @ClassicRides

Yes it’s a really nice place to spend time in. So glad you liked the video too 🙏

• @johngoodlass
    @johngoodlass Před 5 měsíci +1

great video , beautiful countryside, been there a couple of times years ago to visit the blue john cavern

• @ClassicRides

The mines are brilliant, watching Xmas carols in the Devils Arse is particularly good 😁

• @benschofield7565
    @benschofield7565 Před 5 měsíci +1

Superb part of the world

• @Antonio-cm6lh
    @Antonio-cm6lh Před 5 měsíci +2

Very good, as always...👏

• @ClassicRides

Thanks Antonio, glad you liked it 🙏

• @markb3180
    @markb3180 Před 5 měsíci +1

Good job, cheer's Matt.

• @michaelpina1858
    @michaelpina1858 Před 5 měsíci +1

So peaceful! Thank you!

• @ClassicRides

You’re most welcome 🙏

• @michaelpina1858
      @michaelpina1858 Před 5 měsíci

@@ClassicRides I also just watched your DGR video, beautiful!!!
      I have 1 of 50 DGR T-120 bikes sent to the states , I’ll be doing the DGR in San Francisco this May! 🙏🏼

• @ClassicRides

You're a lucky man to have one of those, a true collectable @@michaelpina1858

• @DavidSmith-ve5kj
    @DavidSmith-ve5kj Před 5 měsíci +1

Well done Matt, Silvey needs a bath. 😊

• @ClassicRides

Thanks David, she’s filthy at the moment but getting a good proper clean tomorrow.

• @neilholden9675
    @neilholden9675 Před 5 měsíci +1

Thank you for the time and effort you put in to making these videos love watching them picking up on roads I don't know exist although I know the areas you are riding.

• @ClassicRides

Glad you like them Neil, good to hear you find them useful too 👍

• @Jokwoo
    @Jokwoo Před 5 měsíci

The video doesn’t appear to be produced by a team of one. Impressive. 👏🏾

• @ClassicRides

Thanks Julian, I have the high blood pressure to prove it’s just me making these videos 😁

• @Sandro-vx3yx
    @Sandro-vx3yx Před 5 měsíci

Wonderful, as always. England is so beautiful. I really enjoyed my tour last year through this wonderful landscape and the nice places.

• @ClassicRides

Thanks Sandro, maybe one day you'll get another chance to explore England more.

• @1RiverWalker
    @1RiverWalker Před 5 měsíci

Matt, as always enjoyed the ride. Thank you for sharing your adventures.

• @WheezyAK
    @WheezyAK Před 5 měsíci

I really enjoy watching your films. They always make me want to get out on my bike. 👍

• @ClassicRides

Thanks, that's the effect I was hoping for 🙂

• @xenonozhid3383
    @xenonozhid3383 Před 5 měsíci

Lovely to watch - very peaceful, and superb production thanks.

• @barriekeegan1426
    @barriekeegan1426 Před 5 měsíci +1

Another excellent video brilliant

• @ClassicRides

Thanks Barrie, glad you liked it 🙏

• @zepelin-on-road
    @zepelin-on-road Před 5 měsíci

Maybe a bit wet but nice scenic ride ! 👍

• @ClassicRides

Just about avoided the rain directly, bike's a mess now though 😁

• @johncraggs3658
    @johncraggs3658 Před 5 měsíci +1

Grand video. It's a bit like where I ride in Northumberland.
    Managed to get out on a dry day last week, instantly felt better.
    Keep up the good work 👍

• @ClassicRides

Hopefully drier days are coming 🙏

• @edwardtodd2833
    @edwardtodd2833 Před 5 měsíci

Looks like a great day of riding

• @rramirrezz
    @rramirrezz Před 5 měsíci

i think we are all thankful for this kind of videos you are producing. they always leave me with an indescribably good feeling. and your comments are part of that so hold on to it. greetings from vienna!

• @ClassicRides

Thanks Onkel, it’s good to hear that a bit talking in the video isn’t putting people off 🙂

• @martynhughes8305
    @martynhughes8305 Před 5 měsíci

Always look forward to your videos
    Magically shot and edited.

• @ClassicRides

Thanks Martyn, glad you liked it 👍🏻

• @peterwillis4239
    @peterwillis4239 Před 5 měsíci

Great video, love Derbyshire. Love canals. Thanks Matt, very relaxing. Bonneville and your bag looks very cool. 👍

• @ClassicRides

Glad you liked it Peter, Derbyshire is up there with the best of the UK in my opinion, lovely place to ride bikes 🙂

• @YangCalgary
    @YangCalgary Před 5 měsíci

Lovely, as always. It’s deep winter here in Canada, and it will be some time before I can ride again. Your videos make it easier for me to get through this. Thanks!

• @ClassicRides

Well I hope your spring comes through early. Can’t come soon enough here too!

• @Kojak-zh7qo
    @Kojak-zh7qo Před 5 měsíci

Beautiful place to ride, food looked good ,really enjoyed the video thanks for sharing mate 👍

• @lesperchard3793
    @lesperchard3793 Před 5 měsíci

Hi matt, another great video, love the way it flows from start to finish, the bike looks & sounds great too.

• @BlackThor15
    @BlackThor15 Před 5 měsíci

Amazing video Matt, thanks for sharing! 👍👍

• @-old-school-motorcyclesltd
    @-old-school-motorcyclesltd Před 5 měsíci

Loved that video Matt
    Beautiful videography
    Gorgeous views bike and bag look lovely 😻
    All the best Phil Green

• @ClassicRides

Thanks Phil, always glad you hear you liked a video 👊🏻

• @samhill3496
    @samhill3496 Před 5 měsíci

Excellent work with the new 360 camera. I watched your presentation on it. The Lakes Region is beautiful and very old. The canal area, boat rides maybe overnight trips. Total different perspective. I follow several camper who stay on top of the area. Incredible sun rize and sets. Wild weather. Get a ride in every chance you get this time of year. Great vid Matt. Look forward to next ride.

• @ClassicRides

Thanks Sam. It’s a privilege to live somewhere with such a rich history, even better to be able to ride bikes through areas that haven’t changed much in a few hundred years.

• @mikepopelka2349
    @mikepopelka2349 Před 5 měsíci

The pipes on your bike sure sound good and your videoing is great as always!

• @ClassicRides

Thanks Mike, I've been trying a new camera for the ride-by shots and it sure is catching the exhaust note better 🏍💨

• @IanClarke-bi3se
    @IanClarke-bi3se Před 5 měsíci

Loving the new format Matt good to see you getting some good food as well superb ride out thankyou

• @ClassicRides

Thanks Ian. I’m thinking a little bit of talking to help give the video context is ok, still mostly not talking though 😁

• @IanClarke-bi3se
      @IanClarke-bi3se Před 5 měsíci

@@ClassicRides agree totally people like a small amount of chat for sure personally I love your music and of course the USP of the bonneville (I was in management once)joking aside agree bit more where and why won't be a bad thing
      I also think people love watching your camping films enspires us all to give it a go
      Thanks matt

• @ClassicRides

@@IanClarke-bi3se Hopefully plenty of camping videos this year (as long as the weather plays fair) 🤞🏻

• @TAYM
    @TAYM Před 5 měsíci

Stunning as usual 😊 Don’t you just hate it when you get yourself all ready for a coffee and bite to eat and the damn place is shut 😕 Thank heavens for pubs 😊

• @ClassicRides

Especially when you've just ridden past a load of nice pubs on the way there, but if it's a nice place to visit then it's still worth the trip.

• @TAYM
      @TAYM Před 5 měsíci

@@ClassicRides 😂😂

• @OldSkoolBiker62
    @OldSkoolBiker62 Před 5 měsíci

Like always, beautifully filmed and great choice of music..
    Ride Safe bud..
    🏍....... 🤘😎

• @pacojurado6569
    @pacojurado6569 Před 5 měsíci

Buenas noche Matt llevaba unos días que no te vía como siempre magnífico que calidad de imagen y bonita música de fondo ideal para relajarce un saludo campeón 😊

• @ClassicRides

Thanks Paco, glad you enjoyed it 👊

• @mikeallen789
    @mikeallen789 Před 5 měsíci

Nice little film 🤟 Just watching that makes me eager to get out on my T100. Hopefully slightly better weather not far away now 😉

• @ClassicRides

We can only hope 🙏 time for the rain to go away now.

• @markimark82
    @markimark82 Před 5 měsíci

handguards??? pretty cool. you can put burkbusters blizzards muffs on them. amazing in winter for me!

• @ClassicRides

They’re just for winter against the cold, seem to be working pretty well.

• @tonybrown1937
    @tonybrown1937 Před 5 měsíci +2

Hi Matt really like your helmet setup is it the Hedon brand?

• @ClassicRides

Hi Tony, yes it is. I’ve got a Biltwell peak on it though.

• @barriekeegan1426
    @barriekeegan1426 Před 5 měsíci +1

After watching you're great video I'm going to go out 4 and blow some cobwebs off .. royal Enfield interceptor..

• @ClassicRides

Glad to have been of help Barrie 👍🏻

• @eyedoclondon
    @eyedoclondon Před 4 měsíci

I wondered if you'd give your bike a name Matt! I have named mine too - typically we give them female names however for some reason when I collected my T100 last April I decided to call him Terry Thomas after the actor. Indeed - before anyone comments, I know its a bit odd, but there you go...

• @ClassicRides
      @ClassicRides  Před 4 měsíci

Terry Thomas is a good name I think 😁. I've named my bike Silvie, possibly not the most inventive name but it suits her 🙂

• @rmjl9460
    @rmjl9460 Před 5 měsíci

Beautiful, as always. I agree with @sam04025… your videos have a calming, relaxing effect.
    Btw, could you make a video of your bike set-up? I’m trading in my Trident 660 for a Bonnie, and would like to know how to set up w aux lights & crash guards & still maintain the classic look.
    Thanks so much for your videos.

• @ClassicRides

Thanks, glad you liked it. I've been meaning to do a video on the exact setup of the bike for a while, so hopefully I'll get time to do that soon. In the meantime if you have a look on the website, there's a journal post about the bike with a parts list included. I need to update it as it's not exactly how the bike is at the moment, but it's mostly the same. I'll try to update it this week.

• @ReelRidersPodcast
    @ReelRidersPodcast Před 5 měsíci

This is very welcome on a Friday night, Matt. Have you done something to make the B-roll shots sound a lot sexier? The Bonnie was sounding mighty good!

• @ClassicRides

Just a different camera, I’ve been experimenting with the Pocket 3, so far so good 👍

• @jjnewman65
    @jjnewman65 Před 5 měsíci

Nice one 👍🏻 I thought you’d have had a black a silver number plate😉? New hand guards on the bike?

• @ClassicRides

I did have a black and silver plate, but it's too much stress waiting for the day I get pulled for it. Hand guards just for winter, they're doing a good job at keeping the cold off, look a bit naff though.

• @jjnewman65
      @jjnewman65 Před 5 měsíci

I’ve got a one but happy to ride with it until I get pulled over🤞🏻

• @kiarashsadigh6342
    @kiarashsadigh6342 Před 5 měsíci

Lovely video!! What camera do you use? I can tell the insta 360 but what other cameras do you carry with you?

• @ClassicRides

In this video it’s a mix of different cameras: Insta360 Ace Pro, GoPro Hero11, PanoX V2 and a DJI Pocket 3.

• @andyhathaway1894
    @andyhathaway1894 Před 5 měsíci

Hi Matt, what tyres are you running please? Another stunning video, thank you

• @ClassicRides

Hi Andy, currently I’ve got Avon Trailriders on the bike. Seem pretty good so far 👍

• @andyhathaway1894
      @andyhathaway1894 Před 5 měsíci +1

Thank you 👍

• @jerhughes500
    @jerhughes500 Před 5 měsíci

Nice video Matt. I think I'm right in thinking you had an Interceptor? I'm thinking of one as a stop gap bike until I get another T120. Any thoughts/advice on it? Are they any good for all day rides? Cheers.

• @ClassicRides

Hi Jer, yes I did have one briefly. To be honest they’re not all that different to a T120, less power obviously and it seems to hold its weight higher up, so although it’s about the same weight it feels heavier (to me anyway). But it seemed like a quality bike, I’d definitely have another if I didn’t already have a Bonnie.

• @MrBeracah
    @MrBeracah Před 5 měsíci

What Castletown please as there are several. Thks

• @markmacpherson3999
    @markmacpherson3999 Před 4 měsíci

How cold was it outside that day ?

• @ClassicRides
      @ClassicRides  Před 4 měsíci

I think it was hovering around 4 or 5 degrees 🥶