Our New Truck - 2024 Kenworth T680

Sdílet
Vložit
  • čas přidán 6. 09. 2024
  • We are getting our new truck, a 2024 Kenworth T680. And boy are we happy!!!
    🤩If you enjoy our content, here are some ways you can support the channel:
    ☕️Buy us a coffee or liver dinner - www.buymeacoff...
    👉Use the Super Thanks Button directly below the video.
    🚚If you want to drive for CRETE CARRIER CORPORATION call Recruiting at 1-800-998-2221. Please use "Kevin Sloan" and our referral code, "SLOKEV." We would REALLY appreciate that! It's a great way for you to support our channel, as we would earn a referral bonus. Thank YOU!
    🚛For more details about Crete, you can look at their website: cretecarrier.com/
    🎵 CZcams Audio - Stinson by Reed Mathis
    PRODUCTS WE USE:
    We LOVE the Trucker Path App!! It's super helpful for many things, especially route planning and finding a place to sleep! Yes, you can use the free version. But if you want to step it up to benefit from all the amazing features...we have arranged a 10% discount for you!!! Use this link to claim your discount and get going immediately with improved trucking. And, of course, it is a great way for you to support our channel, as we do get a small commission if you purchase the Gold or Diamond Membership.
    ✅TRUCKER PATH (The #1 APP for Truckers)
    u.truckerpath....
    GEAR FOR TRUCKERS AT AMAZON:
    Here is a list of some of the things we use. We spend a lot of time researching and only list things we use ourselves and are happy with. If you plan on purchasing any of this gear or anything else on Amazon, please use the links below. It's a great way for you to support the channel!
    Thank you so much!!!
    ELECTRONICS:
    ✅GARMIN DEZL HEADSET 200
    amzn.to/3UwBDtQ
    ✅GARMIN DEZLCAM OTR710
    amzn.to/3Uh2biB
    ✅GARMIN DEZL OTR800
    amzn.to/31N86Gg
    ✅BLUE PARROTT B450-XT
    amzn.to/33XBU3T
    ✅COBRA 29 LTD PROFESSIONAL CB RADIO, 40 CHANNELS, SWR CALIBRATION
    amzn.to/3uBxSbV
    ✅SAMSUNG GALAXY Z Flip 3 5G, FACTORY UNLOCKED 128GB
    amzn.to/37hEGTl
    ✅APPLE iPHONE 13 PRO, 256GB, SIERRA BLUE - UNLOCKED (RENEWED)
    amzn.to/3Jyhs8J
    (We bought the iPhone 13 Pro new from AT&T, but this looks like a very good option on Amazon)
    (All our videos and editing are done on this phone)
    ✅APPLE AIRPODS (3RD GENERATION)
    amzn.to/3KHoqJE
    SAFETY CLOTHING:
    ✅MERRELL MEN'S SAFETY WORK BOOTS, WATERPROOF AND STEEL TOE
    amzn.to/369nleQ
    ✅KEEN MEN'S SAFETY WORK SHOE, BREATHABLE AND LIGHTWEIGHT ALLOY TOE
    amzn.to/3Ei4pXR
    ✅HIGH VISIBILITY REFLECTIVE BOMBER WINTER JACKET W/ ZIP-OUT FLEECE LINER, ANSI COMPLIANT
    amzn.to/368TdA8
    ✅REFLECTIVE LIGHTWEIGHT RAIN PANTS
    amzn.to/3EdrCus
    ✅WATERPROOF WORK GLOVES, HIGH VISIBILITY, THERMAL, TOUCHSCREEN CAPABLE
    amzn.to/3JDMhZD
    ✅BREATHABLE WORK GLOVES
    amzn.to/3uBX6aa
    ✅HIGH VISIBILITY REFLECTIVE SAFETY VEST, MEN'S ORANGE, FRONT POCKETS
    amzn.to/3O21SWa
    ✅HIGH VISIBILITY REFLECTIVE SAFETY VEST WOMEN'S PINK, FRONT POCKETS
    amzn.to/3KE9Lza
    ✅COMPRESSION SOCKS FOR MEN AND WOMEN, 15-20 mmHg
    amzn.to/3EbUCCP
    TRUCKER GEAR:
    ✅RAND McNALLY 2022 DELUXE MOTOR CARRIERS' ROAD ATLAS
    amzn.to/3JF9VoD
    ✅SIMILAR TO OURS: HEADLAMP, USB RECHARGEABLE, ULTRA BRIGHT CREE 80000 WATERPROOF
    amzn.to/3FaK7BE
    ✅GEL AND FOAM SEAT CUSHION
    amzn.to/37eOb5x
    ✅LEATHERMAN WAVE PLUS MULTITOOL
    amzn.to/3raARpJ
    ✅PREMIUM LEATHER BOX SHEATH FOR LEATHERMAN WAVE
    amzn.to/3LPXhEN
    ORGANIZATION ITEMS:
    ✅HANGING TOILETRY TRAVEL BAG, WATER-RESISTANT POCKETS
    amzn.to/3jyG06L
    ✅ LAPTOP BAG, WATER-REPELLENT COMPUTER BRIEFCASE, AND ORGANIZER
    amzn.to/3rmUCdM
    ✅DEXAS CLIPBOARD DOUBLE CASE 13.75 X 9.5" - SIMILAR TO OURS
    amzn.to/3EHxVqG
    ✅PLANNING NOTEBOOK AT-A-GLANCE, 8-1/2" x 11", UNDATED
    amzn.to/3E8aW7o
    COOKING:
    ✅DEZIN STAINLESS STEEL PORTABLE ELECTRIC HOT WATER KETTLE, 0.8 LITER
    amzn.to/3XE1BxC
    ✅BAMBOO UTENSIL SET, 6-PIECE
    amzn.to/3Ea5Ebo
    CONSUMABLES:
    ✅ORGANIC CARDAMOM SEEDS
    amzn.to/37O1Mkc
    ✅ORGANIC RAW CACAO NIBS
    amzn.to/3xulTPl
    ✅TRACE MINERALS ELECTROLYTE STAMINA POWER PACKS
    amzn.to/3xpG5So
    ✅CONCENTRATED TRACE MINERAL DROPS FOR ENERGY, HYDRATION, ELECTROLYTE BALANCE
    amzn.to/3jyx5lI
    MISCELLANEOUS:
    ✅HAWAIIN HULA GIRL, 4.4 INCHES
    amzn.to/37KO7KK
    SUBSCRIBE TO OUR CHANNEL
    / thejoyoftrucking
    Check us out on INSTAGRAM and FACEBOOK:
    The Joy of Trucking
    Eating Healthy on the Road
    **DISCLAIMER: As an Amazon Associate, we earn a small commission from qualifying purchases. We receive a commission for purchases made through links in this post. Thank you so much for your support!!
    **DISCLAIMER: All opinions and comments are our own and meant for entertainment purposes only.
    April 2023

Komentáře • 502

• @TheJoyofTrucking
    @TheJoyofTrucking  Před rokem +16

🚚If you are interested in driving for Crete Carrier, please call Recruiting at 1-800-998-2221. If you decide it's a good fit for you, please use 'Kevin Sloan' and our referral code, SLOKEV. It's a great way to support our channel! Thank you! 🙏 Please let us know in the comments if you used it so we can thank you!
    ☕You can buy us a coffee or liver dinner with www.buymeacoffee.com/thejoyoftr8
    👉You can support the channel with the Super Thanks Button below the video.
    👉If you are looking for products we use and recommend you can check the links in the description.
    💞Thanks for watching!! We are happy to have you along with us, discovering the Roads of America and learning about trucking!!🚚🚚🚚

• @banurigopalreddy4014
      @banurigopalreddy4014 Před rokem +3

Kenworth and Peterbilt Are always best

• @TheJoyofTrucking
      @TheJoyofTrucking  Před rokem +1

@@banurigopalreddy4014 We agree!

• @WayneKerr69420
      @WayneKerr69420 Před rokem

@@banurigopalreddy4014 Indeed

• @garfieldthomas8118
      @garfieldthomas8118 Před rokem

@@TheJoyofTrucking
      Hello, I've been searching on the internet for the turning radius on the next generation T680. I know from experience that the International LT has the tightest/sharpest turning radius compared to the Freightliner Cascadia but how would you rate the T680's turning radius compared to others you've driven?

• @tysoncathy38
    @tysoncathy38 Před rokem +198

Hello 👋🏽
    First time here, my husband and I just got approved for $800k in the recent Maryland business grant program. I own a clothing brand that I intended to invest my part of the money on, but my husband insist on getting back into his dump truck business and preparing to get a new truck. He has been out for few years and I'm worried if it's a good time for him to startup back. I will appreciate your suggestions on this because this is a one-time life opportunity for us, and we want to make best use of it. Appreciate your reply🙏🏽. I subscribed. ♥

• @TheJoyofTrucking
      @TheJoyofTrucking  Před rokem +6

Thanks for subscribing! And…Congratulations on receiving a big business grant! We wish you the best with your clothing company. As to your question: We really don’t know. We know equipment is expensive and freight has been down. Many owner operators decided to become company drivers over recent months. But a dump truck is a totally different business from freight. If he had the same business before then your husband must have a feel for that kind of business in your area. A truck is a big investment…so we would say to really work a business plan with realistic numbers. If the grant has to be repaid it’s important to keep that in mind. Good luck with everything! Let us know what you both decide.

• @tysoncathy38
      @tysoncathy38 Před rokem +7

@@TheJoyofTrucking No the grant dont need repayment and that for thanks for the suggestion.

• @TheJoyofTrucking
      @TheJoyofTrucking  Před rokem +5

@@tysoncathy38 That’s great! Good for you!!

• @Annedonaldson585
      @Annedonaldson585 Před rokem +3

@@tysoncathy38 Congratulations 🎉

• @Annedonaldson585
      @Annedonaldson585 Před rokem +5

How did you get the grant ? I need help 🙏🏾

• @carlchristensen8379
    @carlchristensen8379 Před rokem +30

There’s nothing like the feel and smell of a new truck! As a driver it really makes you feel appreciated when the company provides you with a new ride. Congrats Kevin and Tonya( hope I spelled your name right)

• @SamsWasatchRailfanAdventures
      @SamsWasatchRailfanAdventures Před rokem +1

It's Tanja is how you spell it

• @marlinpetre788
      @marlinpetre788 Před rokem +1

Please just give me a restored mid 90s 379 Pete or restored 359 extended hood and I would feel honored.

• @daveweed2765
      @daveweed2765 Před rokem +1

Nothing like the smell of an old truck either well taken care of. Used to be called Large Cars.
      You knew you had prestige at smaller companies when they gave you one to drive. If you screwed it up then you got the cheap new prices of crap.
      He'll I would rather pull loads in a backboard with a team of mules than drive one of these trucks. Let me guess... an automatic tranny too?
      But these folks are excited about a 455? 500 is 45 more horses under the hood. OMG Crete sure takes care of thier drivers, right? Ugh huh.
      These new drivers get so exited for driving brand new big Hyundais. I would rather own a hot rod or drive one for a companies that knows my name from the head to the dispatchers.

• @daveweed2765
      @daveweed2765 Před rokem +1

Nothing like the smell of an old truck either well taken care of. Used to be called Large Cars.
      You knew you had prestige at smaller companies when they gave you one to drive. If you screwed it up then you got the cheap new prices of crap.
      He'll I would rather pull loads in a backboard with a team of mules than drive one of these trucks. Let me guess... an automatic tranny too?
      But these folks are excited about a 455? 500 is 45 more horses under the hood. OMG Crete sure takes care of thier drivers, right? Ugh huh.
      These new drivers get so exited for driving brand new big Hyundais. I would rather own a hot rod or drive one for a companies that knows my name from the head to the dispatchers.

• @edwardantrobusjr2253
    @edwardantrobusjr2253 Před rokem +6

I've been with Crete for almost 19 years. I got a new 2020 T680 in September '19. I got about 1.5 years out of it before I started having problems with it. In the last 6 months I had it, it was in one shop or another a total of 30 days! Always waiting on parts.

• @anthonyr.hodgson9988
      @anthonyr.hodgson9988 Před 8 měsíci

Probably I’m using your old freightliners 45 436-2021

• @thomasvazquez8166
      @thomasvazquez8166 Před 7 měsíci

Crete a good company? I’ve been driving for 20 years never otr but I might have too. I’m stuck at a dead end company and can’t even sniff an interview with another company. I’m down in south Florida and the market is flooded with drivers looking for work

• @TheSlumLordian
    @TheSlumLordian Před rokem +5

As a Kenworth employee this makes me very proud to see!

• @TheJoyofTrucking

Ahhhh…hello there!!! How fun to have you watch and comment on the video. Yes, we love the KW!!! Did a whole series on getting the truck and completing the first load. There will be an interior tour video, in the next week or so, with some good feedback about the features from a driver’s point of view.
      Thanks for making a great truck! Kevin is so happy to drive this 2024 Kenworth T680!🤩

• @marcgreenberg1271
    @marcgreenberg1271 Před rokem +17

Congratulations on the new truck. I wish you many hundred thousand miles of happy and profitable of driving. Stay safe guys.

• @Chris4mz
    @Chris4mz Před rokem +10

You will absolutely enjoy the new T680. A nice , true upgrade in comfort for both of you.

• @sweetteatruckin3202
    @sweetteatruckin3202 Před rokem +8

Congrats!! Been with Crete almost 3 weeks. I might be calling it quits though. I like most everything about the company, but I can NOT get used to the Opti Idle! It basically shakes me out of my bunk every time is shuts down. I try to turn the temp up so it doesn't start up as much, but sleeping in Texas heat even at night doesn't help sleep much. I run a fan, but it doesn't help much. I feel soooo tired. The poor equipment at Crete is what kept me away for sooo long. I guess my instincts were correct. The lack of technology is very disappointing as well... Peoplenet is one of the worst I have used, and the Crete app is useless except for scanning bills.

• @phila8160
      @phila8160 Před rokem +2

Turn the opti idle temps to max cool or heat and use trucks temp mix control to the temperature you like. Since temp will never reach opti set temp truck will never shut off. Sleep like a baby. Your welcome.

• @sweetteatruckin3202
      @sweetteatruckin3202 Před rokem +1

@@phila8160 I have done that, it shuts down after a little over an hour and and then starts right back up.

• @mikestriegel791
      @mikestriegel791 Před rokem +2

I hated that Opti Idle when I worked there. Felt like Pavlov's dog everytime it got ready to start, I'd wake up😂

• @sweetteatruckin3202
      @sweetteatruckin3202 Před rokem +2

@@mikestriegel791 exactly, just about the time it gets too hot to sleep, it cranks, just about the time you fall back asleep, it dies!! The engine shutting down it way worse than it starting up

• @mikestriegel791
      @mikestriegel791 Před rokem +2

@sweetteatruckin3202 yeah, that rumble . I've been pulling reefer th3 last 19 plus years, and while it can be similar, at least I can run the unit on "continuous". Our new reefers are pretty quiet, too. We use an Espar heater for the cold weather, and I absolutely love it.

• @stanleyokpara8887
    @stanleyokpara8887 Před rokem +5

This is the most excitement I’ve seen out of Kevin. Enjoy your ride, driver

• @rmeshr3657
    @rmeshr3657 Před rokem +4

Liked how Kevin did an inspection of the truck before he looked inside. Way to greet a truck old or new

• @Robert-bt8cp
    @Robert-bt8cp Před rokem +4

Good Day, I agree with many of the comments “you deserve it.” Look I’ve been a licensed cdl holder since 95’ and have done many things in our wonderful industry.
    No question about it you’re a class act Kevin.
    Your attention to detail is outstanding and I’m certain Crete appreciates this from you.
    Stay safe.

• @TruckerZac8424
    @TruckerZac8424 Před rokem +11

Congratulations and I love y’all’s energy always so positive we need more people like you guys in this world from one trucker to another congrats and be safe out there

• @TheJoyofTrucking
      @TheJoyofTrucking  Před rokem

Thank you so much!!!! Glad you enjoy our energy and attitudes!! 🤗

• @btfoaccounting2902
    @btfoaccounting2902 Před rokem +3

Congratulations on the new truck, you deserve it. Friendly suggestion -- instead of using suction cup to mount gps on windshield, look up "Beanbag Dashboard Friction Mount for Garmin GPS." One of the best purchases I've made as a trucker.

• @tomrubis5001
    @tomrubis5001 Před rokem +6

Congratulations on the new ride! Wishing you many safe and enjoyable trips across this great country!

• @franklackie2469
      @franklackie2469 Před rokem

When we get Donald back it will be a great country again not the mess we're in right now

• @tomflinn9815
    @tomflinn9815 Před rokem +2

I've had one repeat issue my 22 KW (electronic issue with auto transmission selector and I just got it back from the dealership) but after a year and a half I still love mine.

• @jimhays1896
      @jimhays1896 Před rokem

I had the same problem with my 2023. Took a week to have it sent out and repaired and replaced. Almost left me stranded on the side of the road.

• @tomflinn9815
      @tomflinn9815 Před rokem

@@jimhays1896 it's a royal pain.

• @jasondaniels2372
    @jasondaniels2372 Před rokem +5

Glad to see Kevin get a New truck, keeping your driver's Happy keeps the freight moving and more inspired to do better.

• @zacmiller8675
    @zacmiller8675 Před rokem +3

Thank you Crete!! Enjoy your new KW Kevin!!

• @TheodoreRizzo
    @TheodoreRizzo Před 9 měsíci

I’ll be as happy is these drivers are when going from Freightshakers to the sophisticated elegant KW

• @islandnightowl
    @islandnightowl Před 4 měsíci +1

The lock out on the power on/off switch is also for mechanics to ensure no one turns the power on when they are under the hood etc. Enjoying your you tube channel! 😊

• @wellwater8927
    @wellwater8927 Před měsícem

Our T680 has side doors in the sleeper . which is very nice for putting stuff into the sleeper . Also we have all around disk brakes . but over all T680 is a nice truck

• @allenbo8234
    @allenbo8234 Před rokem +1

Now comes the fun part, changing trucks. Just be glad its not a 98 degree day.

• @SannarClaus
    @SannarClaus Před rokem +2

I have a 2023 Kenworth T680 and it’s magnificent! All Crete needs to do is put TriPacs on their trucks

• @ramblingbill9101
      @ramblingbill9101 Před rokem +1

They are testing APU’s on one of the Walmart dedicated fleets right now and are considering them.

• @TheJoyofTrucking

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

• @ramblingbill9101
    @ramblingbill9101 Před rokem +2

Pretty truck. You can choose any color as long as it’s blue or red. I’ll be due a new truck in about six months - hope they have me a KW at that time.

• @karenselogic7742
    @karenselogic7742 Před rokem +1

We had three new kenworths and the Volvo has the most storage of all the trucks. If the kw pops up and says stop. Stop and pull off the road because if not it could catch on fire. Ours did and they never figured out why it did and it was a 23 and we only had it three hours. But the kw has best dash it tells you everything. I love the shelf’s on the very top. Good for books or cleaning supplies. Enjoy yours. Just wish they would put metal bumpers on all the trucks.

• @glennfoster8707
    @glennfoster8707 Před rokem +1

Kevin deserves new kenworth,,very respected, respectful,,one of great drivers..I always ❤️ watching u2 channel, I am your number 1 viewer.. u2 be safe, God speed.. kee9 doing what your doing.. may God be with yall keep u2 safe always, keep posting ❤❤

• @gabeapger1846
    @gabeapger1846 Před rokem +6

Awesome Kevin! Hope you two enjoy the new truck. Love seeing your videos, and these new ones should be just as good.

• @martypezzeca4487
    @martypezzeca4487 Před rokem +3

❤ congrats on the new truck! 🎉
    Looking forward to joining you soon at Crete, thanks for always being available to talk!
    Marty P @ Werner

• @walterm5787
    @walterm5787 Před rokem +1

Thank you for being part of the supply chain. I quick driving to be home with the kids. Now retired and always thinking what if I had chose trucking over being married. Enjoy your new truck.

• @moth450
    @moth450 Před 9 měsíci

I have a 2023 t680, went into derate mode at 95k miles. Good luck. My old 22 t 680 went into derate mode at 240k last year. Good luck

• @Simple_Worship_Guitar
    @Simple_Worship_Guitar Před 7 měsíci

There’s nothing like getting those new trucks. Congratulations!!!

• @jamesaddie4895
    @jamesaddie4895 Před rokem

Nothing like the feel of a spring ride trailer. 😢😢

• @artisttrucker5313
    @artisttrucker5313 Před rokem +2

Congrats ! I just got 2023 kw, it’s pretty awesome. Looks like yours doesn’t have the side doors which makes all the difference when loading my groceries and belongings into the truck. But all in all it’s an awesome truck. Enjoy and happy trucking guys !

• @Dcsbuslegend
    @Dcsbuslegend Před rokem +1

When are you going to upload another video again?

• @user-hr3jp4wd8c
    @user-hr3jp4wd8c Před dnem

It’s always a great feeling to get a new truck, it’s Christmas present time, congratulations 🎊🎈🎉🍾 😊

• @beaudidly5347
    @beaudidly5347 Před rokem +1

You had me chuckling along with you out of excitement, I guarantee your management care and respect the both of you, God bless, happy and safe mileage, from the 80 yr. young Canuck.

• @markcomet
    @markcomet Před rokem +1

as a retired trucker from UK love you channel good luck with the new truck

• @babalui66
    @babalui66 Před rokem +2

I was excited for you. I had a feeling it was going to either be red or blue. :) Congrats!

• @mandocastillo4557
    @mandocastillo4557 Před rokem +1

The fact u can not hide your smile

• @williamharris5957
    @williamharris5957 Před 11 měsíci

You can also pull the ignition relay . Put it in your pocket its in the fuse box lower left under the steering wheel.

• @TranslatedAssumption
    @TranslatedAssumption Před rokem +2

I recently switched for my 2021 Freightliner to a 2018 Kenworth t680 and there is no way in hell that I would go back to driving a Freightshaker.

• @jimhays1896
    @jimhays1896 Před rokem

I have a 2023 T680 with a x-15. I had the gear shifter/selector go out at 65k miles. Known issue and KW does not have replacements on the shelf. Had to have it pulled out and rebuilt. Took a week, but under warranty. Good luck and enjoy!! I get 13-14 mpg bobtail and 9-10 loaded( usually 15-20k pounds)

• @larrycranford7141
    @larrycranford7141 Před rokem +1

Beautiful🚛. I hope you both enjoy your new toy and work horse. I hope the difference between the amenities inside the sleeper don't pose a problem; spacewise. You mentioned that there were less cabinets and you didn't seem too enthused about the refrigerator. The brand, "Kenworth" brings back memories. My father drove tankers for 40 years from 1930 to 1970 and always drove either a Kenworth or a Peterbilt. The jargon of the day was that Kenworths were referred to as KW's and not Kenworths. Now it appears to have changed to "Kenworths". Now, my grandson is driving flatbeds out of Ohio, hauling coils and rods of steel which all exceed the 80,000 lb. limit.

• @merlynnkoehn3971
    @merlynnkoehn3971 Před rokem +3

Congratulations! I'm new to your channel and I'm looking forward to following your journey. I drive an older T680 and would love to one day drive a next gen T680. Enjoy your new ride and many happy trails to y'all 😊

• @Opahmayjohnson1918
    @Opahmayjohnson1918 Před rokem +3

Looks to me like Kevin is the fan girl now lol! Congrats guys, wish you many miles and no breakdowns !

• @michaelfernald2759
    @michaelfernald2759 Před rokem +2

Kevin, remember to check the inspection sticker.

• @dangregg3189
    @dangregg3189 Před rokem +1

That's awesome. Congratulations to both of you. I'm so glad you turned down that other Freightliner. This is a much better truck. Safe travels.

• @joopsmit6910
    @joopsmit6910 Před rokem +2

Congratulations! Hoping to join you on the road soon over there! Many happy and safe miles in the KW.

• @oliverfrieda9120
    @oliverfrieda9120 Před rokem +1

Hallo .....oh , ich möchte euch herzlich gratulieren ...zu eurem new Truck .....immer eine gute Fahrt 🙄👏👏👏und viel Spaß many greetings from Germany from Oliver

• @weirdfan88
    @weirdfan88 Před rokem +4

I've never been this early for an upload

• @TheJoyofTrucking

😆😆😆Stars aligned? We appreciate you joining us…early or late 😉🤗

• @rayhuntermusic
    @rayhuntermusic Před rokem +2

Congratulations on your truck upgrade. Way better!!! Looks fantastic

• @timwalthall1499
    @timwalthall1499 Před rokem +3

Congratulations! You deserve it, great driver!

• @joshuabrown1314
    @joshuabrown1314 Před rokem +1

Congrats Kevin! You've earned it brother👊👊👍👍

• @reesiemula
    @reesiemula Před rokem +2

Wow I didn’t know Crete have Kenworths on their fleet. I’m hoping to come to Crete after I finish my year with my current company

• @TheJoyofTrucking

Yes! It’s a smaller percentage than the Freightliners, but they do have them. Just be sure to keep asking for one! 😉😁 Hope to see you here soon!!!

• @reesiemula
      @reesiemula Před rokem +1

@@TheJoyofTrucking yes I love kenworths. My company mostly uses kenworths im in a 2023 t680 right now. Basically looks like yours only difference is I have a table. And yes I can’t wait to finish this year im really looking forward to coming to Crete I hear nothing but great things! Im just trying to make sure I stay safe and keep a clean driving record so I will be able to come

• @TheJoyofTrucking

Awesome! Yes…we had a table in our 2019 with Werner. That was nice!! Enjoy your 2023!!! We are very happy at Crete!! But realize you might not get a KW. At least not at first. But if that’s not a deal breaker for you we definitely recommend Crete. 😃

• @19deltascout43
    @19deltascout43 Před měsícem

I'm with don hummer. we have kw t680s. love them. day and night vs my old cascadia

• @sharonthetrucker2297
    @sharonthetrucker2297 Před rokem +1

Congratulations🎉 I am so happy for the both of you..blessed travels...

• @arf833
    @arf833 Před rokem

The Kenworth is a nice ride. No more freight shaker. You'll barely feel the pot holes now. Sleeper is claustrophobic. I have a cat and myself in a 2023 Kenworth T680. It's tight. Coolant tank with a coolant hose barely a gravity angle into the coolant tank is a stupid design. These new Kenworths eat alot of coolant and oil. Carry a bunch of coolant and oil. I have to add coolant and oil about every 2 weeks . Have fun and safe travels.

• @timmytheimpaler
    @timmytheimpaler Před 8 měsíci

I see where the put the ELD blocks your view of the built in screen.

• @user-ze3oo2ms8z
    @user-ze3oo2ms8z Před 11 měsíci +1

congrats Thanks Crete

• @timcrawford5882
    @timcrawford5882 Před rokem

It's amazing how excited you can get for a few cents per mile

• @jimb3541
    @jimb3541 Před rokem +1

Congratulations. Very nice ride. Very well deserved.

• @kellybartok50
    @kellybartok50 Před rokem

A semi over the road tractor , should have a good size fridge , a table to cook eat and do paperwork, also if you’re a driver like me a personal toilet, if the sleeper is not equipped for long haul trips forget mobi g into it , because drivers are human beings that have needs 😊

• @SamsWasatchRailfanAdventures

Thanks again for the start up, and the two horns!

• @Metcalfeben84
    @Metcalfeben84 Před rokem +1

Just found your channel about a week ago, a few days after I applied to Crete as a rehire from a few years back. Really enjoy your videos!! I start orientation Monday in Lincoln. I really hope I get a KW!!

• @TheJoyofTrucking

Glad you found our channel! Hope it’s given you a bit of a preview of how things are at Crete these days. What made you leave? What’s making you come back?
      Not sure if our referral code works with rehires, but if you aren’t using anyone else’s, we’d love it if you would consider giving them ours, SLOKEV. It’s a great way to support the channel.
      We will cross our fingers for you! They were getting a lot of 2024 KW’s in a couple months ago. And we heard that it was going to continue for a bit. We saw them in Lenoir City. Just keep reminding them that’s what you want. 😁😁😁
      Hope to meet you along the way!!! And thanks for watching! Welcome to The Joy of Trucking community!!!

• @Metcalfeben84
      @Metcalfeben84 Před rokem +1

@@TheJoyofTrucking coming back to run on the Walmart Dedicated out of MN. It's just a couple miles from my house.

• @TheJoyofTrucking

@@Metcalfeben84 That’s convenient!!! Good for you!!!

• @Tristinnicole
    @Tristinnicole Před rokem +1

What's this joy about new trucks

• @TheJoyofTrucking

😆😆😆🤩 They are a step up. And Kevin got the brand he loves!

• @crossroadsrvtravels
    @crossroadsrvtravels Před rokem +1

Congratulations! Kevin, dreams do come true! Well deserved! Enjoy!

• @williamharris5957

Fairly good chance i drove that truck b4 delivery

• @jaxjax5322
    @jaxjax5322 Před rokem +1

Kenworth all day!! Congratulations 🍾🎉

• @JCAube-hc3jc
    @JCAube-hc3jc Před rokem +1

I'm happy for you two good first trip with the beautiful new truck 🌟🌟

• @butchmann1
    @butchmann1 Před 9 měsíci

Wish you would have gotten the regular conventional analog gauges and not the digital electronic stuff....... Too many of the roads are terrible out there and the electronics just don't handle the jarring very well....... Kind of like putting your flat screen TV on a little trailer and dragging it around behind you on the roads for a while and expect it to still work... I have that exact same display in my Peterbilt.
    In all honesty I like the Kenworth better... Congratulations...... Very nice truck

• @larrymiller9558
    @larrymiller9558 Před rokem

wow creety decided to go with kenworths if dwayne was alive he probably won't be happy all the years i work for y'all we had centuries class great work truck well enjoy ur new ride 😊

• @williamharris5957

Im glad you like it!

• @georgestrickland9278
    @georgestrickland9278 Před rokem +1

you're lucky,the last time i had to do a switch like that it was a kw for a shaker

• @christinadittrich3604
    @christinadittrich3604 Před rokem +1

Congrats 😊So happy for the two of you❤❤

• @LT.X380
    @LT.X380 Před rokem +1

Im excited and i dont even know you guys. I'll be watching. Stay safe my friend. God bless you both.
    🙏🙏🙏🇺🇲🇺🇲

• @TheJoyofTrucking

Lol…thanks for sharing our joy and excitement!!! Blessings for you as well!

• @desmondfranklin52
    @desmondfranklin52 Před 11 měsíci

Thankfully the truck still needs a driver . Don’t know how long that’s gonna last

• @richardeckert6130
    @richardeckert6130 Před rokem

Congratulations on your new truck and happy Father's Day. My wife and I went to the farm today and she mowed for me great father's day present you'll be safe

• @davidmorris7696
    @davidmorris7696 Před rokem +1

My home Charlie West! (Charleston WV) Nice new rig!

• @user-mx1uc6en3t
    @user-mx1uc6en3t Před 8 měsíci

the KW is nice the place I work for makes the hoods for the 680

• @bigb9061
    @bigb9061 Před rokem

Looks like a nice truck. I was
    /o for many years. I only owned Kenworth. I am retired now. My thoughts on the T 680. I owned one at one time. I put 1 million miles on it. It had a paccar engine. 13 speed manual.
    I did like the interior. But for me, it was the worst truck I ever owned. It was in the shop more than on the road. Just one year I put 38.000 in the shop cost. That was my most expensive year. I put more in repairs than what the truck cost me. I must got a lemon. My very best trucks was the W900l. I had owned 2 of them over the years. I figured I lose a mile a gallon but in the long run, they stayed out of the shop.

• @williampeters6004
    @williampeters6004 Před rokem +3

My biggest interest in the Kenworth is that I have heard that it as a much softer ride on the highway and with the bumps in the road. That's what I want to hear you talk about. Hopefully it's better than these Freightliner trucks taking the bumps all these roads have

• @TheJoyofTrucking

Yes!!!! We can give you the sneak peek….WAY BETTER RIDE!!!!

• @williampeters6004
      @williampeters6004 Před rokem +1

@@TheJoyofTrucking much better ride for real?? Talk about that more on the ride in your next video. I don't know why Freightliner can't copy some of what makes those Kenworth ride so nice and the Freightliners ride like they do?

• @TheJoyofTrucking

@@williampeters6004 Yes…and KW learn a bit about storage and a simple pull out table. Lol!!!

• @williampeters6004
      @williampeters6004 Před rokem +1

@@TheJoyofTrucking I know what you mean guys. You get two things that are better and one that's not as good. Kind of a toss-up in different ways. More pros and cons probably though

• @mugetsuu23
    @mugetsuu23 Před rokem

Enjoy the new truck. Im in an older KW right now. My old truck was a Freightliner and after being in this for a few weeks i have to say, I prefer the Freightliner's more storage to the KW's better ride quality. I want my Freightliner back! 😆

• @punchobell77
    @punchobell77 Před 9 měsíci +1

I finally got me one finally 💯💪🏾🥰

• @TheJoyofTrucking
      @TheJoyofTrucking  Před 9 měsíci

🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊👏👏👏Congratulations!!! Happy for you! How do you like it?

• @terryb5000
    @terryb5000 Před rokem +1

Gust what the new ones break down to, cross your fingers. Enjoy

• @TheJoyofTrucking

Lol….yes…we hope there won’t be too many kinks to work out. 🤞🤞🤞

• @brian-zn6ic
    @brian-zn6ic Před rokem +1

looks good I am going to be going back to work for Crete ... retired in January....

• @TheJoyofTrucking

That was a short retirement🤔 What’s the story if you don’t mind us asking?

• @brian-zn6ic

@@TheJoyofTrucking social Security does not pay enough

• @TheJoyofTrucking

@@brian-zn6ic 😔😔😔Sorry to hear that’s the reason. Hopefully your finances will improve by staying out here a bit longer.

• @brian-zn6ic

@@TheJoyofTrucking yes. Hope we can meet up one day I do like your videos from the road. My home terminal is the same as in January. West Memphis

• @TheJoyofTrucking

@@brian-zn6ic 👍👍👍👍🤩🤞🤞🤞

• @rubberbanmann9219
    @rubberbanmann9219 Před 11 měsíci +1

Can’t wait until I get my 1 year experience in so I can go to Crete Carrier congratulations on your new truck 🎉

• @TheJoyofTrucking
      @TheJoyofTrucking  Před 11 měsíci

Thank you!!!! Depending on your experience and the company you drive for you could actually drive for Crete with only 8 months experience. Who are you with now?

• @rubberbanmann9219
      @rubberbanmann9219 Před 11 měsíci +1

@@TheJoyofTrucking I’m with Werner I got only 3 months in but thanks for the info

• @TheJoyofTrucking
      @TheJoyofTrucking  Před 11 měsíci +1

@@rubberbanmann9219 👍👍👍

• @williejames2170
    @williejames2170 Před rokem

I,m glad 4 u.

• @wanderborn.
    @wanderborn. Před 8 měsíci

clean!, wov! did you ever wash your truck before?
    First look at the truck - hood mirrors, and one can tell it's a company truck.
    No big side windows, no cab AC - that's how company truck is done. Feel sorry for you.

• @johntronske146
    @johntronske146 Před 9 měsíci +1

I can't wait to get my time vested so I can apply for Crete

• @TheJoyofTrucking

Yes! It was a very good move for us. It’s a good company. Still trucking, of course😆😆😆but a really good place to be. When the time comes, please remember to give them our referral code, SLOKEV. We’d be very grateful! Who are you with now?

• @johntronske146
      @johntronske146 Před 9 měsíci +1

@@TheJoyofTrucking just received my license. Looking for a good company to start with and get my training. I'm so excited to get on the road. 🚚🚛

• @TheJoyofTrucking

@@johntronske146 Congratulations!!!!! Best of luck!!!

• @MrPepper312
    @MrPepper312 Před rokem

Now we need you to bobtail to the mud deep drop yard for a drop and hook.

• @tarafabelayachi6061
    @tarafabelayachi6061 Před rokem +1

Congratulations, You and Kevin deserve it because of your dedication and dedication🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

• @GaryFast-qp5if
      @GaryFast-qp5if Před rokem

I'd love to drive for Crete.looks like a good company. But I'm up here in Canada I don't think they run here.but I've given up my cdl after 50 yrs.(kinda on hold)

• @GaryFast-qp5if
    @GaryFast-qp5if Před rokem

I Kinda like the freightliner but a new K whopper is lightly very nice too.

• @patriot8087
    @patriot8087 Před rokem +2

Congratulation on the new KW

• @DM-pl3xz
    @DM-pl3xz Před rokem +1

Thank you......I was missing, yall. Nice truck. Nice company

• @TheJoyofTrucking

Thank you! Yes…sorry we left you hanging…especially with that cliffhanger. We were just too busy in Canada. But now we’re back and happy to get caught up. 😃

• @robertrockwell7581
    @robertrockwell7581 Před rokem

I always said the T680 is the best looking truck. congrats. stay safe.

• @scottbrown4769
    @scottbrown4769 Před rokem

Hi Kevin now you are driving the same truck as big rig Becca congrats on your new rig red better suits you

• @williamharris5957

Nice you got the Cummins moter!

• @justinmoorenyc
    @justinmoorenyc Před rokem

Those new KWs are awesome looking trucks but the Freight liner seems to be roomier, better interior lighting, and more storage space.

• @wanghaf_Gl0yper
      @wanghaf_Gl0yper Před rokem

Yeah true but the freightliners look like shit lol. Might be even worse looking than international tbh

• @patrickorourke152
    @patrickorourke152 Před rokem +1

Love the new truck Kevin always great to get a new wagon ! Can never understand why American trucks are so underpowered ? Most European trucks are 500bhp with some up as far as 770bhp Scania V8 which makes the truck far more economical love the videos 👍👍

• @G.IKendall
      @G.IKendall Před rokem

Roads aren’t as steep.. different weight requirements…

• @timothydelawder6761
    @timothydelawder6761 Před rokem +1

Crete knows when they have a good couple in there trucks,I'm a firm believer that when you go out and beyond for a company, they take care of ya.🎉🎉

• @westnash
    @westnash Před rokem

Kevin deserves a Purple Heart