Viltrox 75mm f/1.2 VS Fujifilm 16-55mm f/2.8 - Image QUALITY Test with Fujifilm X-T5!

Sdílet
Vložit
  • čas přidán 23. 07. 2024
  • Get a Viltrox 75mm f/1.2 from B&H Photo: bhpho.to/3JHPZTQ
    Get a Viltrox 75mm f/1.2 from Amazon: amzn.to/3Z9lmMX
    Check out My Gear Page at B&H Photo: bhpho.to/42pL9U0
    Click here to download my FREE PDF, 5 Portrait Tips for the Studio Photographer: petecocophoto.com/headshot-tips
    Get 15% off at Lens Rentals! www.gopjn.com/t/8-11625-28682... Use Code COCO15
    Get 10% off Dehancer Film Sims I use to edit my photos: www.dehancer.com/ Use Code PETECOCO
    - - - - - My Gear on Amazon
    Canon EOS R5: amzn.to/39bj2Rw
    Fujifilm X-T5: amzn.to/3IDnzuV
    Fujifilm X-T4: amzn.to/3y647ky
    Fujifilm XF16-55mmF2.8 R LM WR: amzn.to/3mpiayW
    Fujifilm XF35mm f/1.4R: amzn.to/3Zk0LX7
    Westcott Peter Hurley Flex Kit: amzn.to/3m9Lkik
    Godox AD200 Pro Flashes: amzn.to/3KKoGL7
    Color Checker Display Pro: amzn.to/3KECI0s
    V Flat World V Flats: amzn.to/3moOtOG
    BenQ 27" External Monitor: amzn.to/3xStXIT
    Tether Tools Pro Cable: amzn.to/3Yk19Un
    Tether Tools Tether Block: amzn.to/3YckMO0
    @fujifilmxseries4081 @FujifilmUSACameras @FUJIFILMglobal @BandH ‪@viltroxofficial‬
    #fujifilm #fujifilmxt5 #portraitphotographer #photographytutorials #fuji #portraitphotographytips #portraitphotography #fujixt5 #viltrox #fujifilmxt4 #fujifilmxh2 #fujifilmx100v #viltrox75 #lenscomparison

Komentáře • 47

• @professionalpotato4764
    @professionalpotato4764 Před rokem +9

The "sharpness" from the Fuji looks to me more like DoF difference. Did you match the field of view on both lenses? If you did then 75mm f/2.8 will clearly be more shallow than the 55mm f/2.8. For sharpness tests, the test image should ideally be flat.

• @RalfMoeller-mu1ts
    @RalfMoeller-mu1ts Před rokem +2

Again a fun comparison with a better result for the Fujinon then I would have anticipated. One question though Pete, do you manually focus these comparison shots or are you leaving it to the autofocus? If you are using autofocus then next time give manual focus a try and since you have nice straight lines in this scene you could use the split image for spot on focus. I'm a typical prime shooter and only a year ago bought a used XF 16-55 because I wanted to give this zoom a try and I have been so positively surprised that I will now use it very often, knowing that I will get excellent quality across the whole 16 to 55 range. This Viltrox is an interesting lens and I have seen other reviews, some describing it as way too sharp, which tells me that quality control on the optical elements is probably not on par to Fujifilm, where there, usually, tends to be very little difference from lens to lens in the optical performance. Personally I would love to see it compared to XF 90mm f2, which is it's nearest focal length competitor in the Fujifilm line-up. Thanks a lot for the good, fun and very honest review, Pete and keep it up. As an old guy with over 40 years of experience it's good to see people here on CZcams keeping it simple and honest!

• @PeteCocoPhoto
      @PeteCocoPhoto  Před rokem

Hey Ralf, I used the smallest AF point, then switched to MF to tweak it and make sure it was right where I wanted it. I love primes too, but as you said, the 16-55 is stellar across the zoom range. I use it for most of my headshot and portrait work nowadays but the Viltrox has really surprised me. Not sure about the QC issues, but the copy I have is brilliant. It really handles the 40mp sensor well, without looking over processed if that makes sense. It has a natural look to it, and at 1.2 I was really pleased. I genuinely appreciate the comment and support,, Ralf!

• @brownbear100
    @brownbear100 Před rokem +2

Would be interesting to see a similar test Vs the 90mm, since at the same distance to subject the DoF is more or less identical, both wide open, so the choice of lens in that regard is more down to focal length preference and whether you want full body or 3/4 body shots.

• @PeteCocoPhoto

Thanks, Ian. The 90mm is on my list to try out. I've heard so many great things about it.

• @unusedTV
    @unusedTV Před rokem +1

Something you don't mention in the test method is how you dealt with the difference in focal length. I assume you moved the tripod back for the 75, no cropping involved? At which focal length did you shoot the 16-55?

• @PeteCocoPhoto
      @PeteCocoPhoto  Před rokem +1

I set it to 55mm and did not crop. Thanks for watching!

• @leolioh
    @leolioh Před rokem +1

Is Viltrox 75 good for video recording? How is its AF (I am using 50F2 now and want to replace it with viltrox 75 f1.2)

• @PeteCocoPhoto

My review was primarily for still shooting. Check out Pal2tech's review, he talks about video as well. @pal2tech

• @LiamPhotoATL
    @LiamPhotoATL Před rokem +2

Good comparison, the one thing that makes the Viltrox edge out the 16-55mm from Fujifilm is that the Viltrox is much cheaper at $550 vs $1,200 for the Fujifilm lens. Plus the Viltrox is a nice prime lens and it's quality is more than good enough for portrait shoots or corporate headshots.

• @andrewjoseph1363
    @andrewjoseph1363 Před 9 měsíci +1

This was awesome! I would love to compare other viltrox lenses to the Fuji such as 27 or the 13 and even compare to the 90 f2 by Fuji

• @robbquinnimaging4321
    @robbquinnimaging4321 Před rokem +1

Pete, I want to buy the Viltrox with you link but after this weeks announcement, I have purchased my last piece of camera equipment from Amazon……I would love to see that test of the 16-55 against the Tamron 17-70, more of an apples to apples but this was good. Looking forward to your complete review.

• @PeteCocoPhoto

Hey Robb, I completely understand! It's very sad what Amazon has done. Thankfully, I just got a B&H affiliate link which is also in the description. 😉

• @robbquinnimaging4321
      @robbquinnimaging4321 Před rokem +1

@@PeteCocoPhoto look out then. I will probably be ordering this weekend unless, without giving away your review, you know of a reason to hold up!😉

@professionalpotato4764 Před rokem +1

The Fuji is generally sharper at 16 and 55mm vs the Tamron at 17 and 70mm extremes. But the middle of the zoom range they're about equal.

• @PeteCocoPhoto

@@robbquinnimaging4321 Nothing negative so far. I am lugging it to a gig tonight to do some concert photos and maybe natural light portraits if I have time. So far I really love the lens!

• @creativetom413
      @creativetom413 Před rokem

​@@professionalpotato4764 Then the Tamron would habe the edge over the fuji (+ 55 vs 70 + stabilisation + lighter) minus longer and no aperture ring. What zbout the sigma 18-50?

• @riccardobaroni8848
    @riccardobaroni8848 Před rokem +1

Good job Pete

• @elijahcho
    @elijahcho Před rokem +2

It’s crazy how a zoom is matching or better than a prime in some cases

• @PeteCocoPhoto
      @PeteCocoPhoto  Před rokem +2

The 16-55 is my favorite Fuji lens. It's so good.

@professionalpotato4764 Před rokem +2

The "sharpness" from the Fuji looks to me more like DoF difference. Did you match the field of view on both lenses? If you did then 75mm f/2.8 will clearly be more shallow than the 55mm f/2.8. For sharpness tests, the test image should ideally be flat.

• @PeteCocoPhoto

@@professionalpotato4764 Great points, thanks! I will keep this in mind for next time

• @jean-philippeperetti8463

Would your results look different if you had compared a prime with another ... prime?

• @SquirrelHybrid
    @SquirrelHybrid Před rokem +4

At 1:44 I think the Viltrox was focused on the pen. 😅

• @Endogamy
    @Endogamy Před 10 měsíci +1

In regard to lens resolution, as you aslso stated, texture on the silver camera, then fuji is the winner.

• @Bradum
    @Bradum Před rokem +4

What a weird choise for comparison...

• @PeteCocoPhoto

Well those were the two lenses I had at the time so it made perfect sense to me.😆
      But seriously, the 16-55 is one of Fuji's best lenses, so putting it up against the Viltrox made for an interesting comparison. I use the 16-55 for portrait work all the time.

• @tuzuharurakutu
    @tuzuharurakutu Před rokem +1

The things that you describe don't match what I personally see on my screen. I generally believe what people say in terms of sharpness when I'm on my phone, but this time I can clearly see that the image on the left is sharper than the image on the right. Especially at 2.8 : Mr data and the globe, it was clearly the opposite or not what you were saying.

• @cow77cow
    @cow77cow Před rokem +1

This is the only two lens what I have.

• @creativetom413
    @creativetom413 Před rokem

not good results for the viltrox

• @PeteCocoPhoto

I thought it performed very well for a 3rd party lens. I used it for a portrait session which you can check out here if you are interested: czcams.com/video/rHdKzSzEOtY/video.html

• @denisfoca2267
    @denisfoca2267 Před rokem +1

PICK ME PETE 📷

• @MichaelFrederickPhoto
    @MichaelFrederickPhoto Před rokem +1

I got mine last week, did the firmware update and VERY impressed with the results. Pete, I am sending you a DM on IG with a landscape shot I took with it.

• @PeteCocoPhoto

Cool, I gotta make sure I have the latest firmware, now that you mention it!