What They're NOT Telling You About the FUJI X-T50

Sdílet
Vložit
  • čas přidán 7. 09. 2024

Komentáře • 205

• @itsr7studio
    @itsr7studio Před měsícem +8

“Pro is more about the person than the camera”-BrayGray. I couldn’t agree more! Not all photographers need a camera with the latest specs or hybrid video features. Thanks for continuing to share your experience with the XT-50. Appreciate how Fuji sticks to making different camera models for different types of photographers!

• @BrayGrayy
      @BrayGrayy  Před měsícem +1

Yep as long as we continue to hone that photographer's eye and learn our cameras in and out, the latest specs aren't needed.

• @r423sdex
      @r423sdex Před měsícem

Exactly, that’s why most photographers are garbage these days.

• @nelvirpictures9703
    @nelvirpictures9703 Před měsícem +62

You're 100% right about the rhetoric surrounding this camera. This had to be the most annoying camera I've ever researched, because the field is just a weird combination of people with X100VI preorders looking for an alternative, nostalgic Xpro2 owners who think 40 megapixels is unnecessary and a pro XT5 crowd who think its too expensive/waste of time. I've been using it for 2 weeks now and it has been an absolute joy, I don't even customize the simulations, the default settings have been fine. I mainly use it for casual use outside of professional practice, but its 100% capable of professional use as a BCAM or backup. The jpeg workflow is speedy as hell, especially with the ability to cull within the camera and transfer straight to phone. For anyone looking into the XT50, its a great camera, ignore the noise.

• @-grey
      @-grey Před měsícem +1

As a Fujifilm user since the first generation: The X-T10, 20, 30 etc. are easily the most complete realisation of the Fujifilm value proposition, along side the X-E and X100/X70 series. All the other models are so big that they represent all the negatives of aps-c with all the negatives of full frame.
      Anyone who speaks bad on the X-T-- or X-E- series don't know what they're talking about. 👋

• @GrainOnTheGo
      @GrainOnTheGo Před měsícem

@@-greythey really aren’t that much bigger :/

• @Photoandcargeek
      @Photoandcargeek Před měsícem

@@nelvirpictures9703 agreed, I hate hours and people who base their decision on spec sheets. The only Fuji I owned was the X100S and I didn't like it at all. I have no intention to buy another X100 ever but I do enjoy using my friends X-T4 and X-T5 at times but would probably buy an X-S20 if I was in the market for a Fuji... Which I am not as I shoot Canon.
      But of all that you said, the only point that I think is legitimate is that arguably 40 megs pixels is too much especially on APS-C because most existing lenses cannot resolve that much.
      I think the soft spot for general use (including professional) full frame is 30-35M pixels and APS-C probably 24. When I moved to mirrorless and considered Sony, I rejected the A7R5 based on pixel count, insane file sizes and no extra detail in comparison to 45M pix with 99.9 if not 100% of lenses. I ended up buying an R5 but would have preferred if it has 35Mpix target than 45.
      That being said, X-T50 Vs X-T5 is only whether you want the extra weight, the weather sealing or prefer the ergonomy. If you are happy with the X-T50 it is undeniably an awesome camera and Fuji users saying the contrary have no idea what they are talking about.

• @denniszenanywhere
      @denniszenanywhere Před 3 dny

Why do most people say it’s good camera for fun and Sony is for professional work? I’m a newbie.

• @Photoandcargeek
      @Photoandcargeek Před 3 dny +1

​@@denniszenanywherefor no reason .... The only thing that a pro camera might have and that this one doesn't is weather sealing. You can totally be a pro using Fuji cameras ... Or any brands. I took pro photos with a canon M50 (well holiday pictures I exhibited and sold)... Nobody could have told the difference with the pictures I took with my 5DIV or my R10, even the R5 (unless I had printed a billboard)

• @JayCatterson
    @JayCatterson Před měsícem +4

THANK YOU for saying this!!! I got the X-T50 when it dropped in June, and it has served me so well. Such a great camera, and it’s definitely the camera to get if you value compact EDC-type cameras (and you can’t get a hold of the X100VI). I am so glad I got this over the X100VI because of the ability to switch lenses, and the film simulation dial is clutch. Plus I didn’t have to wait! Seriously, y’all. It’s a banger of a camera.

• @frantisekfurstenceller9453
    @frantisekfurstenceller9453 Před měsícem +4

Well said,,, absolutely spot on,,,I bought this camera 2weeks ago and absolutely love it,,, bought it not because I wanted to save money on the the x-t5 ,, All I wanted was a smaller, more compact camera with the 40mpx sensor and ibis,,, weather sealing is not a big deal for me personally,,, maybe I'm in the minority, but I like the film simulation dial,,, I'm using it all the time,,,btw, I have the same silver one with the new kit lens (16-50),,, I'm more of a zoom lens guy,,,

• @thrillbytez
    @thrillbytez Před 26 dny +3

I just got rhis camera as someone new to digital and coming from 2000s point and shoots and film. This camera is a dream. Everything ypu say is exactly how i feel after getting it and hearing some of these comments.
    People forget that not every camera is for every person.

• @stevenqirkle
    @stevenqirkle Před měsícem +3

I just ordered an X-T50 and I'm excited for it. Like you say, it can be just about as compact and stylish as the x100vi if I want it to be with the 27mm f2.8. But far more versatile since I can always throw an additional lens or two in my bag and have e.g. a great camera for portraits.
    Compared to the Drive Mode dial on the X-T30, the Film Simulation dial seems like a fun new addition. I'm a JPEG shooter, so I'll definitely give it a try, although not sure yet if it's something I'll really use often. And I have no concerns easily being able to access Drive Mode and ISO settings when needed.
    I can definitely understand being people being disappointed by the price increase. People have been waiting a long time to upgrade their X-T30, but the price has gone up to the point where it's not even really in the same price category anymore. It was a really hard decision for me to get it when the X-T50 costs about $130 more than the Sony a6700 here in Japan, even though I'm pretty sure the a6700 is the more capable camera. But I look at the a6700 and I see an incredibly capable photography tool that is kinda bulky and ugly looking. I look at the X-T50 and I see something that I want to pick up and hold and bring around with me - so that's why I was willing to overspend a bit on it.

• @BrayGrayy
      @BrayGrayy  Před měsícem

Yeah, I can definitely see how that price increase on the X-T50 is a little discouraging for those looking for the X-T30 successor. I'm glad Fuji is still keeping the X-T30II in the lineup to offer a more affordable option.
      I'm actually surprised the X-T50 is more expensive than the Sony A6700 🤯

• @user-ck9bb5kk3d
    @user-ck9bb5kk3d Před měsícem +3

The two points that you brought up are exactly right.
    It is fine that the ISO wheel is replaced by the film simulation wheel. And ISO function is assigned to the right front button/wheel. This arrangement makes me more want to experiment with different film simulations.
    Fujifilm X100 series has now become more of a fashion statement. It is definitely not worth the price premium. The X-T50 is a more flexible camera that has a nice look of its own.

• @SHCTeva
    @SHCTeva Před měsícem +2

Thank you brother for this video. Been doing the digital dance with the X-T5 vs X-T50 discourse (and it's getting tiring!), and I ended up going X-T50 for the size, interest in playing more with film sims and recipes, and that sweet charcoal color haha. Your video puts the problems I had with X-T5 vs X-T50 comparisons into words, which puts my FOMO at ease! Like, "pay $300 more and you get all this stuff". Okay, or I could not pay $300 more at all? And ESPECIALLY about how nobody is comparing it to the X100VI! Feels like people are missing the point. Keep up the good work my man

• @annmoreign
      @annmoreign Před měsícem +2

So true they keep saying pay a lil more for the xt5, well what if I don’t want to? 😅😂 xt50 is just unique by itself. There’s just a lot of haters and people saying it’s the lamest camera fuji has ever made, totally over exaggerating.

• @007UA16
      @007UA16 Před měsícem

And the size of the X-T50 is a preference for me for EDC. I mean, pay more and get this or that. You can always spend more money.

• @9Mtikcus
    @9Mtikcus Před měsícem +3

You gained another subscriber, As a Fuji user who is lucky enough to have an X100 VI, I agree and disagree a little.
    The Optical Hybrid viewfinder on the X100VI is amazing to use for me, the built in ND filter, and the leaf shutter allowing flashes to be synced at 1/2000 is all useful and fun, granted these are features many people will not use or need.
    I am not going to buy an X-T50 not because there is anything wrong with it, I didn't "need" the X100 VI either and I like the film simulation dial too (and I'm a professional) I often use a film simulation as the start of my edit, and I have mapped the command ring on the X100 VI to change film sims (from the default of the digital TC)
    We use X-T5s and X-T3s at work, and they are good work horses (I do use the X100 VI too) but if we needed another X-T camera, right now, the X-T50 would fit the bill.
    We don't shoot in bad weather so WR not a big issue (mostly in the studio), we have never had an SD card fail so dual slots not a big issue even if this happened we'd just take the shot again (and if either of these are, we would take an X-T5 or T3).
    If someone was going to buy this instead of the X100 VI, and wanted a 23mm lens, personally I'd get the Sigma 23mm F/1.4 DC DN (I love this lens) but if they wanted to try something different, the Fuji XC 35mm F/2.0 is hard to beat at £169.00 and that make the setup that little bit cheaper

• @MrPedalpaddle
    @MrPedalpaddle Před 15 dny +3

Excellent! I have both the X-T50 & X-T5. I agree they are different tools for different purposes.

• @willgreig8912
    @willgreig8912 Před měsícem +3

Good review, lack of weather sealing is deal breaker for xt50

• @markcasebeer8273
    @markcasebeer8273 Před měsícem +1

Great comments about this camera. I had the 100 series and I was always wanted more. I shoot with the H2s as my main camera. I shoot a lot of wildlife, sports and concerts. When this camera came out it intrigued me with the new 40meg sensor with IBIS. I wanted a good around camera for walking around and shooting candids. As you pointed out the best thing is being able to program both dials and buttons. I've set mine up so that's its close to my H2s which takes the thinking out operating the camera. I also am enjoying the new internal zoom kit lens. I think a lot of reviewers have given this camera a bad rap. I think Fuji did a excellent job with this one. You can shoot in full auto for beginners, use the new sim dials or set it up for photographers that want more. Perfect lightweight powerhouse. First time finding your channel, well done.

• @jeffrey-cchj
    @jeffrey-cchj Před 18 dny +1

Coming from using a Sony A7M4, the fujifilm X-T50 has been a breath of fresh air for me. It's a lot lighter than the Sony, the film simulations were a pleasure to experiment with, and will be my main EDC looking forward! Thank you for making such a great video for me to understand the X-T50 better!

• @BrayGrayy
      @BrayGrayy  Před 18 dny +1

Thank you! I'm glad you found this video helpful 🙌🏿

• @VivianLund
    @VivianLund Před 28 dny +2

This is the best video I’ve seen about practical use of this camera! Thank you! ☺️

• @BrayGrayy
      @BrayGrayy  Před 28 dny

@@VivianLund Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed the video 🙏🏿

• @Kuhreenuh13
    @Kuhreenuh13 Před měsícem +1

Just got into the Fuji system. I have the XT30ii and I bought it new right before the release of the XT50. Definitely didn’t want to wait and also didn’t want to increase my budget. But agree the XT50 seems more comparable to the X100vi. Because the XT30ii is basically an x100v. It’s really easy to make them similar with the type of lens you choose to make it easy every day carry. I’m a hobbiest and maybe one day I’ll want the bigger cameras but for now, this one is absolutely perfect for me. Just ordered the 23mm f2 for it and can’t wait to go out and shoot with it!

• @simonelson1262
    @simonelson1262 Před měsícem +1

I was on the wait list for 100V1 and figured I might just get it for NEXT summer, spoke to my local shop about the X-T50. They had 6 in stock.... so went for it but with a 35mm XF prime to replicate my first film camera an OM10 with 50mm lens. absolutely love it. As my main camera is Nikon DSLR I probably wasn't ready for the Rangefinder 100v1 anyway. Film dial? fantastic I flick it between Velvia and a custom B+W with red filter setting, I've also set the tiny side button to work the tele converter mode.

• @MichaelGerrard
    @MichaelGerrard Před měsícem +1

The X100 is something special. Buying one is more about what your heart says, than your head.

• @alibiisntreal
    @alibiisntreal Před měsícem +1

Just bought one of these and got scared when i saw the title. thankfully youre just pointing out misconceptions i already knew... 😭

• @BrayGrayy
      @BrayGrayy  Před měsícem

Haha, sorry I scared you 😅

• @Poverello2001
    @Poverello2001 Před měsícem +1

A good review of the unique features of the XT-50. I do like the physical design and rounded edges on the XT50. One key feature that I like on the XT5 is the three way flippy screen. I often use the vertical flippy screen feature on my ancient XT2 and would miss that in the XT50.

• @Festvangelist
    @Festvangelist Před 18 dny +4

The XT 50 is an interchangeable lens camera. The X100VI clearly no interchangeable lens. Whether we may disagree on the comparison to the X100VI vs XT 50 in the end is not important. The XT50 is much lighter and smaller than the XT5 and has Travel Camera attributes to go with it as well. I am not a fan of the fixed lens 100VI camera at all, nice specs but no lens flexibility. It’s an overpriced rangefinder type camera.

• @SuperMilo79
    @SuperMilo79 Před měsícem +2

I like the drive dial of the XT30 more than the film simulation dial of the XT50.
    Anyway, thanks for the video. I am struggling between XT50 and XT5, however I have the XT4. I think my decision is leaning towards the XT50, keeping the XT4 as the „big“ camera.

• @BrayGrayy

@@SuperMilo79 Yeah, I hear you about missing the drive dial especially if you're trying to quickly switch between photo, video, and burst shooting. The drive button on the X-T50 isn't bad but it definitely takes some getting used to with muscle memory.

• @fjzingo
    @fjzingo Před měsícem +4

The misconception of pro, it just means that you earn money…suppose the flash is better on the xt50. The 100VI has a leaf shutter and built in ND filters which is a great deal if you use it.

• @robmcd
      @robmcd Před měsícem

A pro camera is not one you make money with. The tool is professional quality which has features for the professional.
      A DIY guy can use professional drills with metal gearboxes or DIY $9.99 drill with a plastic gearbox and chuck suitable for hanging a painting.

• @fjzingo
      @fjzingo Před měsícem

@@robmcd haha, pro is short for profession, amateur-means you love what you do. DIY means do it yourself…..none points directly to quality. One would of course hope that someone who work professionally do a high quality job due to experience and training. WRT photo that is not really always the case. Pro-gear is a lame sales term….e.g. iphone pro max, that is the wedding camera that got it all….or not.😜

• @robmcd
      @robmcd Před měsícem

@@fjzingo I like that you're confident.

• @traceybartlam7737
    @traceybartlam7737 Před 20 dny +2

I’d love one! I have a used x-t4 (solid) and a used x-t30. I really like the idea of the film sim dial as I do use them but they’re in my q menu. I need to look at a button to put them elsewhere after watching this video! I’d like to actually see the x-t5 and 50 next to each other and feel the weight difference if I were having to make a decision but there’s just something lovely about the double digit range. I find my x-t30 the more enjoyable camera and with a pancake lens it’s so small

• @anupanday
    @anupanday Před měsícem +1

You’ve gained yourself another subscriber! ☺️
    Just wanted to thank you for posting this video as it cleared up any doubts I had about buying the X-T50.
    I do have a request (if you take any 😀) would you be able to post a video on how you’ve set up the camera? Or know any tutorials on how to set up a Fujifilm camera? This is my first camera and I’m very new to photography.
    Thanks and keep up the great work!

• @BrayGrayy
      @BrayGrayy  Před měsícem

Thank you and congrats on your first camera! 🙌🏿
      I didn't have a dedicated settings video planned, BUT this is a very good video on how to set up your X-T50 czcams.com/video/CTo4XXDunOE/video.htmlsi=Eu3m6PePjoGWf2xk

• @jaygreer7430
    @jaygreer7430 Před měsícem +1

Nice video! You made some good points. I own an XT5 and an x100F. I could see the XT50 being an upgrade to my x100F.

• @brucehildewig4499
    @brucehildewig4499 Před měsícem +2

I just got one of these and while it is nice to have the ISO on the front dial in theory, reality is that dial moves way too easily and you will mess up your setting very easily. I quickly disabled ISO on the front dial. I just go to the Q menu and select ISO there. I would agree that this is a better choice for someone like me who enjoys ILC's vs the X100IV. It is very compact with a nice prime, including the very good Voigtlander primes.

• @BrayGrayy

Haha, that's funny because I've actually been having the opposite problem. I don't bump the ISO wheel, but when I shoot vertically I accidentally hit the Q button.

• @drchtct
    @drchtct Před měsícem +2

I wish Fuji would make their small cameras weather sealed. Sony's small a6700 and a7cii are weathersealed, so I doubt it would increase the size. I live in central Europe and rain is pretty frequent, so often I rather leave the camera at home because I don't wanna risk it. I don't want a bigger X-T5 or X-H2 just to get weather sealing.

• @user-ec8zd8zp4x
    @user-ec8zd8zp4x Před měsícem +1

I have a X100s since launch and an X-T30 since launch... I bought the X-T30, instead of another X100 series camera, because the X-T30 is even a bit smaller, but the main reason was: you can change lenses. Couple the X-T30 with the 18mm/f2 and the 27mm f/2.8 and you have a very small, versatile package. The X-Txx and X100 series are both good looking camera series in my book, so that was not an issue.
    My wife shoots with the X-T30 in "easy mode" - "with a flick of a switch", that's another pro of it - on our family hikes/ travels/ vacations and I shoot with my good 'ol X100s in manual. You are not far off saying the X-Txx series is like a X100 series camera that let's you change lenses, although the X-Txx series lacks the optical viewfinder of the X100 series.
    Too bad Fuji cameras are so over-hyped at the moment, it has inflated the used prices drastically, but not so much for the less popular X-Txx series. If you don't have FOMO or GAS - like me - and are looking for a great allround (workhorse) camera on the relative cheap, the X-T30 II or a used X-T30 can be better than an overpriced X100 or X-Tx series camera or a new X-T50. That way you could save yourself a LOT of money and/or use that money to buy one or two lenses at different focal lengths or even a zoom lens if you are into that.
    Don't worry too much about more megapixels, the 16 megapixels of my X100s is plenty enough for big prints. Don't worry too much about IBIS, unless you're more of a videographer than a photographer. ...And if that is the case, you are better off with the X-Tx series or the X-Hx series of cameras.
    If weather sealing is a must, don't buy an X-Txx series camera or the early X100 series cameras (before the V), because that is the main feature lacking.
    If you are a photographer and you like working around limitations to get creative, buy a X100 series camera with it's one lens at one focal length approach. The X100 series has another pro: it's fantastic optical viewfinder! These are the main reasons why I love the X100 series cameras (and of course their small size).

• @sargisshirinyan207
    @sargisshirinyan207 Před 22 dny +1

All three are great cameras. I do want to mention a personal experience. I got the X100VI two weeks after the release, and about a month ago I bought the XT5, and ever since I got the XT5, I haven't even touched the X100VI. In fact it's become my wife's camera, while I rock the XT5. The better EVF on the XT5 makes a big difference for my shooting as well as of course being able to use different lenses. The hybrid VF on the 100 is nice but really most people including me only use the EVF sooooo. Great cameras all no doubt, but if you're someone waiting for the x100, just get yourself a xt50 or even xt5 and enjoy shooting instead of waiting. Cheers, great video!

• @dwbonbon3370
    @dwbonbon3370 Před 28 dny +2

I used to have an X-T20 and loved it but upgraded to an X-T2 simply for the dedicated iso dial on the top plate and for the combo of the d-pad and focus lever. Not bothered about the features of the later bodies.
    Personally I feel Fuji are messing around too much with the format of especially the larger X-T bodies and wouldn't want the 4 or 5. Size and weight (both), screen format of the 4, cost of the 5, file size of the 5 and that many lenses you may already own might not be able to cope with large 40mp sensor of the 5 ( and 50). So I don't think I'd bother going above a used X-T3.
    Also by including ibis and the 50mp sensor of the X-T5 in the X-T50, they are now charging £1300 for it compared I believe to around £900 for an X-T30 when it was released. As a result, on price alone, the X-T50 has to be in a different ballgame than the X-T30 and hence Fuji have done away with the concept of the baby X-T for 2/3 of the price of the bigger body. This seems daft to me from a marketing / product differentiation perspective, and perhaps explains why people are comparing it to an X100V or VI or whatever, based on similar price point. Trust me the x100 cameras and X-T30 or 50 or whatever are very different cameras.

• @westerwaldmogli
    @westerwaldmogli Před měsícem +1

i have spotted the x-t5 now several times being even significantly cheaper second hand than the x-t50. i like the fact, that you can change all your settings on one hand on the x-t50, the one i thing i don't like though is, that it makes the whole simulations wheel obsolete. i wish fuji could come up with some update, that would treat the wheel as a custom setting wheel, or at least let every simulation have it's own customizable setting for color, shadows, highlights, white balance, etc.

• @Wumphenour123
    @Wumphenour123 Před měsícem +1

The XT50 has all the features I want out of the XT5 but in a smaller body that fits better in my hands. I do not like the film dial and wished they had stuck with the command dial on the XT30ii. Since this was announced I’ve been saving up to get one to upgrade my 30.

• @RyuTsuchiya
    @RyuTsuchiya Před měsícem +3

Waiting for X-E5 👌🏼

• @BrayGrayy
      @BrayGrayy  Před měsícem

Nice! I hope it's everything you want it to be

• @Foxhoyle
    @Foxhoyle Před měsícem

I bought a X-T50 about a month ago and love it! For a little more than the X100VI you get one more level of IBIS and the option to swap lenses. My wife was waiting for a X100VI but after seeing how the X-T50 worked we canceled that order and are getting a second one.

• @zettepix2009
    @zettepix2009 Před 26 dny +1

I was lucky enough to get the x100VI in March and I love it. I just bought the xt50. Just tried with the kit zoom. It is great. It weights nothing and gives you tons of possibilities. The X100VI is sturdier and serves a purpose of focus. It inspires me a lot in the image and not the camera. With the xt50, the fact I can change recipes during a shot is not an added value for me. I would have rather had the ISO. I know, I have it already... but in a dial. I bought it because I tend to complement the x100vi when I feel I need either wider (e.g. NY) or closer (I like using 50 sometimes formstreet photography). The zoom will come in handy for travel though.

• @DavidMBanes
    @DavidMBanes Před měsícem +1

Excellent commentary. I was thinking about this camera, as a switch for my X-E4 and the disappointing LUMIX S9 so you've helped me a lot. The one thing that bugs me about the film sim dial is I heard you can't assign your own recipes to it which seems a bit odd if that's true.

• @BrayGrayy

True you can't use the film sim dial for custom recipes, but there are workarounds to using recipes with this camera. I talk about them here czcams.com/video/fAeOinjOy4E/video.htmlsi=eL5VF4FOLn0iW7dh

• @mcfalcia
    @mcfalcia Před měsícem +1

Really smart comment about the 50 being close to the VI, with the obvious benefit of being able to change lenses compared to the VI. Nice!!!!

• @Anheuer
    @Anheuer Před měsícem +1

I did exactly what you said. I wanted the 100 model, but the waiting list is insane. Then I saw the xt50 and went for it since they are so similar.
    I am though not that big of a fan of the film dial for one reason, it's not customizable.
    I would have loovvveeedd it if I would assign my custom recipes to that dial as I use those all the time.
    So for me right now the Film dial is a bit of wasted space.

• @paulmaher1705
    @paulmaher1705 Před měsícem

I did exactly the same and mapped the digital converter to that small button, I find it really handy.

• @mirow5568
    @mirow5568 Před 13 dny

I just startet to learn about cameras a few days ago. Obvoiusly post prod. and various lens options intimedated me at start and I quickly heard about the X100VI hype. It took me just a few hours to figure that the xt50 is basically the same. Aditionally i´ts in stock and also cheaper than the current street price for x100VI. But ofc i wasnt sure about my perseption thinking i´m missing something (newbie). I apreciate that you talked about it explicitly, confirming what was in my mind. Its a great feeling to know I´m starting to understand the market a bit.
    TY and keep up the great videos

• @BrayGrayy
      @BrayGrayy  Před 13 dny +1

Thank you! I'm glad my video helped 🙌🏿

• @abrahamcorella
    @abrahamcorella Před 17 dny

One of the best, if not THE best review I’ve seen so far. I currently use a Lumix s5iix and have been looking for a secondary more compact camera to use when I’m on the go. Been trying to decide between the Lumix s9, X-T50 and the X100VI. This helped me get much closer to making a final decision! 🙌🏼

• @JackBurton-qp4hc
      @JackBurton-qp4hc Před 17 dny +1

Ricoh GR III should perhaps be on your list.

• @abrahamcorella

@@JackBurton-qp4hc good to know, I’ll look more into that one!

• @BrayGrayy
      @BrayGrayy  Před 17 dny +1

Thank you! The X-T50 is great, but if compactness is the most important to you I can DEFINITELY vouch for the Ricoh GRiii. I haven't used the S9, but I can definitely understand you considering that if you're already in the Lumix ecosystem.

• @abrahamcorella

@@BrayGrayy I appreciate the input! I’ll definitely look into the Ricoh 👍🏼

• @Currypaule
    @Currypaule Před 17 dny +1

The ISO Dial never was there on the Fuji X-T## (Like X-T30II) Series, these you can only find in the X-T# Series (Like X-T5).
    What before was there is the Dial for your shooting Mode (Bracketing, single, Video, ...) So where did those move?

• @JackBurton-qp4hc
      @JackBurton-qp4hc Před 17 dny

There is a dedicated drive button, look at the back image of one.

• @MartinHarvey
    @MartinHarvey Před měsícem

Excellent POV review thanks. I don’t need a 100VI as I already have my beloved GRIII! I am selling my X-Pro2 and 16-55 and replacing with a T50 and 16-80 mainly for (sorta) everyday use and combining with my 70-300, 8mm (and maybe my f/1.4 23mm) for travel. The size and weight are major reasons plus the T50 feature set especially IBIS for the 70-300 and low light shots. Thanks and enjoy the remains of your summer.

• @arturkamlibeh6931
    @arturkamlibeh6931 Před měsícem +1

Well done on mentioning the one-handed operation! For me this is such an important one. It neve rmade sense for me to take your hand from the lens in order to adjust ISO. That can also be achieved with the X-T5 as well by setting the ISO dial to C, but then, you end up with a useless ISO dial on X-T5, while on the X-T50 you will still have the film dial to be used for something else, so X-T50 wins! Quick question on the grip and handling: do you get fingers kind of tight when using some larger lens on the X-T50? Congrats on the nice video! And what are your thoughts on how much better is the EVF on X-T5?

• @BrayGrayy

Thank you! 🙏🏿 To answer your questions (1) I don't really have any large lenses, so I can't speak to how the X-T50 feels with a large lens. (2) I don't really use the EVFs too often (only if using a manual focus lens) so I haven't really noticed a HUGE difference between the two cameras.

• @Raist3db
    @Raist3db Před měsícem +4

Just a comment: the X-Txx line never had an iso dial. That's the X-Tx line. So no, Fuji didn't "move the ISO dial to the right dial" or "take it out." It never was there on this line of cameras.
    And the X-T50 is def. is the "baby X-T5." I have no idea why you say this is an X100VI- it's not. The X-T line never was. The X-T30 and X-T30II was never an X100V, it had more in common with the X-Tline.
    The X100 line has two big denominators that distinguish it from the X-Txx, X-Tx camera- built in lens *and* the unique hybrid OVF.
    You could get the X-T50 instead of the X100VI, sure- but it's really NOT the same thing. The X100 feels and acts different.
    "Do you think I am wrong? Do you think this is more like the X-T5?" - yes, 100% you are wrong :-). Saying the X-T50 is more like the X100VI is like saying the X-T30II is more like the X100V than the X-T3/X-T4.
    X100 line is the only one with the hybrid optical OVF. And you can't make the X-T50 as small with the pancake lens comparatively as the pancake lens built in to the X100 line is F2.0.
    Not even Fuji markets it that way.

• @serenayben9660
      @serenayben9660 Před 29 dny

You seem so knowledgeable! What is the nearest best alternative for X100V? From what I understood, the X100V is the best among the options you mentioned

• @Raist3db
      @Raist3db Před 29 dny +1

@@serenayben9660 If you want an X100 line experience, then yes, the X100V is the closest as that's the camera that came before it. Either that or an Xpro 3 with a pancake lens (that also has the hybrid OVF).
      If what you want is capture images and video with the fuji film simulations, the XT50, the XS20 will do.
      So in terms of image / video capabilities, the more modern cameras will do. In terms of usability/feel and the optical view finder, yes, the X100V is closer to an X100VI.

• @tradjincal
      @tradjincal Před 28 dny

Yes you are totally right about the dial, on xt30ii it is a mode dial. I think it is more useful than a film dial, especially when you cannot get custom one but here is more a preference point of view.

• @Raist3db
      @Raist3db Před 25 dny

@@tradjincal Sure but that wasn't any of my points. FILM or previous dial preferences- that's another point.

• @geofff6671
    @geofff6671 Před měsícem

No OVF and interchangeable lenses puts it in a different category to the X100. No weather sealing, smaller EVF and film sim dial are downgrades from the XT5. I think it is really its own thing, somewhat between the two but missing key features from both.

• @cyb
    @cyb Před měsícem +1

reviewers just look at the spec sheet and not give points of things like handling, etc. I've only learned from you and channels like tudor that it does other benefits too like ibis seems to be more effective with the xt50 because the weight allows you to balance it easier when shooting one handedly. Now im torn between this and x100vi :))

• @Photoandcargeek
    @Photoandcargeek Před měsícem +1

Totally agree that a camera is not a pro or not a pro, the user is. I have always had pro bodies and point and shoots for example and, now that phones are good cameras too, I have a pro body and an smaller amateur body like an X100S (a long time ago), a Canon M50 (upgrade on the Fuji), a Canon R10. These cameras have always been there to travel lighter, more discreetly, to look less "pro", to go to areas where carrying very expensive cameras was really risky for the camera or myself ... And using these cameras instead of pro full frame bodies have never prevented me from printing for galleries and nobody has ever asked me what camera I used because they didn't like the picture, more often it is because they loved the picture and were often surprised it wasn't a "pro" camera.
    With regards to "pro" vs "non pro", I would really like if more "non pro" cameras had weather sealing because that shouldn't be a pro feature! If you are an amateur living in a very rainy part of the world, does that mean you don't have the ability to go out and take pictures? If I go to a high criminality area and it happens to rain or, if I am climbing a glacier (as a total amateur with limited skills) does that mean that if I want to take picture I have to take my big heavy camera and lenses or am I allowed to take an APS-C with an 18-150 lens which can resist falling in the snow? In summary, weather sealing is a necessity for many in many situations, not a pro feature.

• @BrayGrayy
      @BrayGrayy  Před měsícem

You're definitely not wrong. Even our smartphone cameras have weather sealing to some extent. If these tiny cameras sit somewhere between smartphones and prosumer bodies, and both ends of the spectrum DO HAVE weather sealing, why not have it in the middle?

• @Photoandcargeek
      @Photoandcargeek Před měsícem

​@@BrayGrayyindeed, I think it is more about producer segmentation than significant added cost.
      But when asked recently by a friend who lives in an area where it rains almost every couple of days what she should be buying as a beginner amateur, I had to raise that point and tell her that she might have to buy a pro camera which she can't afford nor can justify as a beginner. Ridiculous

• @ZeroSonata
    @ZeroSonata Před 12 dny

Staring down the barrel of not getting my X100VI until next year (hell maybe even 2026...), and this video I think has tipped me over the edge to at least replace (and likely sell) my XT-30ii for the XT-50 in the meantime. I'm never going to give up an interchangeable lens camera, and I'll happily travel in the future with the x100vi (if I ever get off backorder), but for now, I'd like the 40MP sensor and IBIS. Hell, I may even play around a bit with the film simulations some!
    Thanks for helping me make up my mind :) You're right, waiting on the x100vi is just making me miss out on shot I could be taking and continuing to develop my photography journey.

• @Byron4tradition
    @Byron4tradition Před měsícem

great video... really helpful as I'm thinking about a purchase... thanks!

• @RM-hy4so
    @RM-hy4so Před měsícem

Agree. Just ordered one!

• @hcardona2004
    @hcardona2004 Před měsícem

Excelent review! Thank you! I am on the list for the vi but will buy the xt50

• @danieloherrick6332
    @danieloherrick6332 Před 7 dny

The leaf shutter on the x100vi is a HUGE difference.

• @frankartale1026
    @frankartale1026 Před měsícem

I have the xe1 with 27mm and its the same size as my x100 but the 23f2 is like a few millimeters shorter on the x100 but as soon as you put a filter adapter on it, its the same

• @pat589
    @pat589 Před měsícem +3

Good review but the music is annoying.

• @Pacman1ac
    @Pacman1ac Před měsícem

What is more durable though? The command dials or the dedicated controls at the top of these cameras? I get the feeling the command dials will break or stop functioning properly after a few years. The dedicated controls feel more robust but it might be just me.

• @josh3326
    @josh3326 Před měsícem

I really love my XS-20, the flip out screen is perfect for great selfies. Much better than a cell phone cam. I was hoping the XT-50 would have one, but it didn't.

• @BrayGrayy
      @BrayGrayy  Před měsícem

Yeah, honestly I prefer flip out screens on my cameras as well. My Sony cameras have them, so I didn't worry as much about having one on the X-T50

• @AnjumanSharma
    @AnjumanSharma Před 6 dny +1

X-T 5 doesn't have in-built flash though.

• @--AnonymousUser--
    @--AnonymousUser-- Před měsícem +1

I am not sure the X-T50 is EDC when you have a 16-50 zoom lens attached to it.

• @BrayGrayy
      @BrayGrayy  Před měsícem +4

Probably not, but the beauty is that you can swap to a pancake lens and make it EDC. It's compact size allows for that. I tried this with the X-T5, and it was still a little too big.

• @alexmcdonald5708
    @alexmcdonald5708 Před měsícem

Xh2s all right side operational too which is dope

• @boyzabre97
    @boyzabre97 Před měsícem

I really love the video, i just bought the X T50 and i'm coming from an old pentax. I really love how compact it is for an EDC and i got myself the TTArtisan 27mm whioch is great so far. Do you recommend any objectives for street view or even landscape picture?

• @BrayGrayy

Nice! I hear the TT Artisan 27mm is a great lens. Forgive me, but I'm not sure what you mean by 'recommending objectives for street or landscape photography'.

• @TheMutantSquad
    @TheMutantSquad Před 19 hodinami

what lens do you have on your xt-50?

• @lucapoli611
    @lucapoli611 Před měsícem

I think the 3 cameras are relatives. I think the XT50 is still the little brother to the XT5 just because they look the same, act a little different but it's familiar. The X100VI is like the cousin and XT50 just gets along with it better. They're almost closer than the older brother XT5 but family wise, they're the one little step apart but I will vouch to the very end and die on this hill to the very end. Fujifilm cameras all have the similar familiarity with each other. I feel like if you're going into the Fuji ecosystem, your learning curve will be that bit deeper regardless of what model you get into compared any other camera brand. We can sit here and literally say "Can't get your hands on an X100 camera? even if you want an older version, you just want that camera. Then go for an XT30 or the second version. Go for an XE3 or 4. Or even an XPro 2 or 3" I think people don't realise, the processor, the XTrans processor is kind of what you want to look at because it'll give you a similar end product across the board. You can do this with almost every different camera model across the board for Fuji.

• @zblsk
    @zblsk Před měsícem

Good point, BrayGray. And as a X100VI + X-T50 + X-T5 user I can confirm that most of the lenses focus better than 23mmF2 on X100VI:) So, XF 23mm F2 on X-T50 will have decent tracking AF, and on all X100 cameras I just use AF-S because that old focusing motor on the lens is outdated for sure.

• @Stickybutton
    @Stickybutton Před měsícem +1

Wait till the X-Pro 4 comes.

• @BrayGrayy

Haha, forever playing the waiting game 😅

• @dukeoffartington2871
    @dukeoffartington2871 Před měsícem

I wanted to get a backup body to my X-T5, but I just can't go back to using the old style battery that X-T50 uses.
    I want to have the same battery backups to simplify things and have double the battery life on any new camera purchase. It's why I sold the x100VI- hopefully the next iteration of that in 4 years will have the new battery!
    Considered the X-S20 since it uses the new battery, but I still want the awesome 40mp sensor since I came from Sony high res sensors and it's hard to go back for me.

• @BrayGrayy
      @BrayGrayy  Před měsícem

I totally understand your dilemma. The only other compact high-megapixel camera I can think of (that has a big battery) is the Sony A7CR. I hope Fuji's next gen compact cameras upgrade the battery as well (Though the battery life on the X-T50 hasn't bothered me at all)

• @gregoire8376
      @gregoire8376 Před 25 dny

Strange fact ... The X-S20 with the new 5th generation processor is a better/faster focus processing camera and 26mp may be enough. Look at the reviews for that camera, especially as a photo first unit. 😊

• @dukeoffartington2871
      @dukeoffartington2871 Před 25 dny

@@gregoire8376 I did read about that. Something to do with less data from the lower mp sensor not taxing the processor as much.
      I think at this point I'll just wait to get another camera or pick up a second X-T5 cheap. Only reason I bought one brand was to try the new kit lens at discount. It's actually really great!
      I bet the next generation of x cameras keep this same 40mp sensor and just get a bump in the processor- and hopefully further improvements to af-c when shooting burst.

• @dukeoffartington2871
      @dukeoffartington2871 Před 25 dny

@@BrayGrayy I actually sold my A7R3 to go fuji. Was tired of the expensive and large lenses on that platform. Tested the 50mm 1.4 gm and it's just so so so big and fat to use as an everyday shooter.
      Wasn't a fan of my FE 35MM 1.8's rendering.
      I WILL miss the FE 85mm 1.8 and zeiss loxia 50mm though.

• @DrIsang
    @DrIsang Před měsícem

Good review. Music is AMAZING. Thank you

• @BrayGrayy
      @BrayGrayy  Před měsícem

Thank you 🙏🏿 Sorry if the audio levels were a little off on the music

• @Steven205
    @Steven205 Před měsícem

The camera doesn't seem that much smaller though. Is it really saving that much more space? I always felt like th XE series was the better compact camera in their lineup.

• @BrayGrayy
      @BrayGrayy  Před měsícem

It DEFINITELY saves more space than the X-T5 in my 1L camera sling. I'm not sure how it compares to the XE series, but for a camera with a 40mp sensor and IBIS the X-T50 is ridiculously compact.

• @Mohika881
    @Mohika881 Před měsícem +3

For me, they should have made the x-t50 out of metal and made it weather-proof.

• @Pacman1ac
      @Pacman1ac Před měsícem +1

It is a well built camera and the top / bottom parts are made out of metal. It might not be weather-proof (and I agree with you on that it should be), but I'm not sure if they could have built it better for the same money at the same weight / dimensions.

• @Mohika881
      @Mohika881 Před měsícem +1

@@Pacman1ac yes, I think you’re right on cost vs weather sealing. It may have ended up as expensive as the x100vi.

• @tonygarrett7214
    @tonygarrett7214 Před měsícem

I’m still astonished by my X-T2. I can’t see the point of changing it. Interesting video though.

• @andyxmunoz
    @andyxmunoz Před měsícem +1

Nice video, just got my wisdom teeth pulled. So my xt-50 & a few lenses are dying to be used, have yet to unbox them. Watching your videos to pass the time. 🫡

• @johndoherty1336
    @johndoherty1336 Před měsícem +1

More of an upgrade xe4 , xe4 has interchangeable lenses hence my point

• @HarisMuhazir
    @HarisMuhazir Před měsícem

Great video, thanks 🔥

• @LiL13izzy7
    @LiL13izzy7 Před 19 dny +1

I liked the ISO dial, and found myself never using the exposure compensation dial (I manually adjust shutter / aperture instead), so I would have loved to have seen them use that dial for the film simulations instead.

• @BrayGrayy
      @BrayGrayy  Před 18 dny

That might not be a bad idea! I actually don't use the exposure compensation dial much either. Fuji seems to be experimenting more with the dials, so we might just get our wish in a future camera

• @JackBurton-qp4hc
      @JackBurton-qp4hc Před 17 dny +1

The X-Txx line has never had a ISO dial. It had a Drive Mode dial that is now a dedicated button.
      If you have fixed shutter AND fixed aperture values, the EC dial changes ISO as there is nothing else other than ISO that can change exposure.

• @martingreenberg870
    @martingreenberg870 Před měsícem

Too late. I’ve given up my order on the X100VI. You’re right, I couldn’t get my hands on it.
    Damaged my XT30 and sent it to Fuji for repair. I just purchased a XE2 for $360. Close enough.
    Mask On Nurse Marty (Ret)

• @zblsk
    @zblsk Před měsícem +1

And that charcoal grey X-T50 is soo cool BTW, pairs nicely with X-Pro2 Graphite edition

• @CharlieHelps
    @CharlieHelps Před měsícem +2

💯% agree 🎉

• @cpnast1
    @cpnast1 Před měsícem

Great video,thanks. Would you consider the xt5 in its place?

• @BrayGrayy
      @BrayGrayy  Před měsícem

If you're trying to decide between the 2 and it's going to be your only camera, get the X-T5. I also have Sony cameras, so I don't really need a camera as robust as the X-T5

• @cpnast1
      @cpnast1 Před měsícem

@@BrayGrayy thanks for taking the time to reply. You make good content

• @eike.zender
    @eike.zender Před měsícem

But setting the wheel to change your Iso value was also possible before there was the film simulation wheel. Or did I miss the point? Love from Germany

• @BrayGrayy

You're right. My point was just that having the film sim dial isn't so bad because you get that ISO setting by default for one-handed use.

• @theinfinitepassportTV
      @theinfinitepassportTV Před měsícem

@@BrayGrayy agreed. changing the sims that easily offers something new. at first I thought it was dumb, but I was wrong, it's a cool new adventure

• @MarcoMarkovich
    @MarcoMarkovich Před měsícem

Great advice, it is very small. So yes it’s similar.

• @MartinV.
    @MartinV. Před 22 dny +1

Great Video

• @KAIHTSAI
    @KAIHTSAI Před měsícem +6

I have XT-50 and X100VI. Be level with you, XT-50 is much much better than X100Vi. X 100VI is just not worthy.

• @allenschneider1847
    @allenschneider1847 Před měsícem

As an amateur, what would be the advantage of the xt50 over the xs20? I'm not sure I really need 40mg, and believe this results in larger file sizes. And doesn't the xs20 have better battery life?

• @BrayGrayy
      @BrayGrayy  Před měsícem +2

@@allenschneider1847 Honestly, I'm not that familiar with the XS20. However, I've H
      heard it's more of a video focused camera feature-wise (but takes just as good photos) and pretty small. Honestly, if you already have the XS20 you probably don't need the X-T50. However, if you're trying to decide between the 2 .... I'd say the X-T50 might be better for photography only and XS20 might be better if you also shoot a lot of video.

• @allenschneider1847
      @allenschneider1847 Před měsícem

@@BrayGrayy That is helpful. I'm 95% photography, very little video.

• @007UA16
      @007UA16 Před měsícem

I agree. The X-T50 seems geared toward photography and the X-S20 more toward video. Both are great cameras with the latest processor. The X-T50 is smaller.

• @ourearth4ever
    @ourearth4ever Před měsícem

Can anyone share their experiences using one of these cameras in the rain? I want to travel with it to Europe but am afraid of the fact it has no weather sealing unlike the X-T5 and the X100VI.

• @thewaltman4
      @thewaltman4 Před 22 dny +1

You would need to grab a shell then something like the peak design shell depending on the lens you have

• @vianilism2893
    @vianilism2893 Před měsícem +1

Every talks about the weather sealing, but what can happen really!?

• @Pacman1ac
      @Pacman1ac Před měsícem +1

Humidity is a very sneaky condition for electronics. Failure rarely happens instantly, but it appears unexpectedly because of the moisture that gets into the device and stays in there (dust can also trap humidity). The one moment your camera might work as it should, and right after that it stops functioning properly. We can live without weather sealing of course, but it's important for those who try to capture nature under bad weather because they can take some photos in light rain, snow and tropical or dusty environments. It's an important 21st century convenience.

• @vianilism2893
      @vianilism2893 Před měsícem

@@Pacman1ac boi! Thank you! Crystal clear now 🫶🏻

• @RM-hy4so
    @RM-hy4so Před měsícem

Great. Thanks!

• @blueanthias
    @blueanthias Před 24 dny

Great review, thanks much.

• @nandysullivan3005
    @nandysullivan3005 Před měsícem

If xt50 have normal dial not simulation one , maybe this good camera from xt30ii

• @Phil-mj7zb
    @Phil-mj7zb Před měsícem

Great review 👍

• @MM-qv5lf
    @MM-qv5lf Před měsícem

Very nice and informative video.

• @BrayGrayy

Thank you! I'm glad you think so 🙏🏿

• @waitwhat9669
    @waitwhat9669 Před měsícem +1

Xt series never had an iso dial

• @haroldcarlson2775
      @haroldcarlson2775 Před měsícem

I'm guessing you mean the X-T## series never had one because the X-T# does.

• @johndoherty1336
    @johndoherty1336 Před měsícem

What about lenses please can I use my existing Fuji lenses e.g. 55-200, 15-55

• @BrayGrayy
      @BrayGrayy  Před měsícem

I haven't used those lenses, but they should work if they're Fuji X mount. I'm not sure if they'll fully resolve the 40mp sensor though

• @JackBurton-qp4hc
      @JackBurton-qp4hc Před měsícem +2

Your lenses are fine. They will benefit from the higher resolution sensor, don't worry about talk about lenses not fully resolving. You'll likely see diffraction earlier at narrow apertures, but if you aren't always up at f11, then you'll not lose any sleep over it.

• @johndoherty1336
      @johndoherty1336 Před měsícem +1

@@JackBurton-qp4hc thank you

• @blueanthias
    @blueanthias Před 24 dny

Thanks!

• @prenomnom7325
    @prenomnom7325 Před měsícem +2

Why they didn't put a flip screeeeeen ? Whyyyyyyyyy ? 😮‍💨

• @BrayGrayy

Lol, I know right?! 😫

• @LEGOTROLL1
      @LEGOTROLL1 Před měsícem

@@BrayGrayy would raise the price an extra $50

• @Bob71650
      @Bob71650 Před 19 dny

I thought it had a flip screen for shooting from the waist?

• @farmi86
    @farmi86 Před měsícem +4

Baby X100VI? I wish it was… The EVF is a joke regarding the price point… I can‘t believe i waited for years now to get the same outdated 2.36mio res like in my old X-T30ii. Even the „old“ and also small X100V has the 3.69 panel, the VI has it too - and of course the T5. The only thing fuji is very good at: Pushing the price to almost double compared to the T30ii but giving a sh!t about improving the EVF. i also can’t understand why no reviewer is talking about that fact. Honestly: I am a huge fuji fanboy for many years, using 3 bodies and lots of XF lenses. This is the first time i am totally dissapointed from fuji. No go for so much money… makes me very sad and simply can’t understand that decision… 😔 But hey, your great mate! ❤ keep it up :)

• @JackBurton-qp4hc
      @JackBurton-qp4hc Před měsícem

The EVF is similar to the A6700 and others in its class, I guess that is a differentiator used between the X-Txx and X-Tx.

• @lesberkley3821
      @lesberkley3821 Před měsícem

EVF works fine.

• @michaelkencom
    @michaelkencom Před 17 dny

Excellent info and I agree on your analyses. Great vid.

• @eagleeyephoto8715
    @eagleeyephoto8715 Před měsícem

Can you show us OVF on XT 50?

• @BrayGrayy

Hmmm... I'm not sure how I would do that 🤔

• @eagleeyephoto8715
      @eagleeyephoto8715 Před měsícem

@@BrayGrayy Hahahha…that is also main delta beside the permanent prime on it. XT-50 is and always has been little bro of XT-5. If anything it is a compact camera with a hump on it which is making it less compact

• @Mamo878
    @Mamo878 Před měsícem +3

The music is completely superfluous.
    I can never understand why content creators who want to tell us something they think is important - hence making a video about it - only to make it that much harder for the audience to understand what they want to say. They INTENTIONALLY add an element that masks and competes with what they are saying with their own voice! It's as if they don't really care about the audience or doubt that what they are saying is all that important in the first place.
    It is truly confounding.

• @BrayGrayy
      @BrayGrayy  Před měsícem

That's a fair point. I like using music because it sets a mood for the conversation, BUT I will work on balancing my audio levels next time to make my voice come through clearer while still having a music track 🙏🏿

• @grahamniven
    @grahamniven Před měsícem +3

Film Sim is a waste of a dial.
    Previous models in this line X-T10,20,30,30ii had a drive dial instead, which is genuinely useful.

• @r423sdex
    @r423sdex Před měsícem

A video by a photographer who has actually taken the time to set his camera up.