How does a Willys jeep Transmission work Anyway? (T84)

Sdílet
Vložit
  • čas přidán 8. 09. 2024
  • If you want to rebuild a Transmission you've got to know how it works first! Enjoy whilst I explain!

Komentáře • 38

• @UniSeco
    @UniSeco Před 10 měsíci

Excellent demonstration of the T-84. Clever laying it all out like that.

• @zakpokcung5469
    @zakpokcung5469 Před 10 měsíci +1

HI, thanks to your great videos , we have decided with my son to buy jeep 1942 and restore it. Great work! Thanks. Greetings from Prague, Czech rep.

• @Greendot319
      @Greendot319  Před 10 měsíci

That's great, loads of jeeps went the the Czech Republic after the war. Ahoj!

• @brucemarshall6085
    @brucemarshall6085 Před 4 lety +3

I'm rebuilding my T84 right now. All of your disassembly/assembly videos are a blessing. I should have my 1945 MB "Toots" on the road soon.

• @Greendot319
      @Greendot319  Před 4 lety +1

Glad they're of some help, they're ok, could be better!

• @davehollingsworth3007
      @davehollingsworth3007 Před rokem

@@Greendot319 I disagree! Your Videos are "Spot On"! Keep up the Good....No, Great Work"

• @filidauro
    @filidauro Před 6 lety +4

Best video on this topic. A big help for anyone rebuilding a Jeep (like me). THANK YOU !

• @davehollingsworth3007

I've done these for 40+ years and by far this young man has a really good handle on these WWII
    Jeep gearboxes! You can tell he has a better than average grasp on these sometimes rascally
    little transmissions! As I've gotten old it pays to come back and study these videos! Thank You!
    -----D. Hollingsworth in New London,Oh.

• @453421abcdefg12345
    @453421abcdefg12345 Před 6 lety +4

An excellent explanation of the function of a gearbox, and a really good simple gearbox to use as a demonstrator, I think some viewers may be confused because it is only 3 speed, they will be wondering where the other gears are. If you could find an old cracked gearbox casing you could make a cutaway box with all the rejected repro bits you will be throwing out of your gearbox, I threw a badly cracked casing out a short while ago. Many thanks for this update. Chris B.

• @Greendot319
      @Greendot319  Před 6 lety +2

Thanks chris. I shall try and buy a bad case and cut it up to use as a tool. That should work really well! Perhaps one of the UK dealers has a rubbish one I can buy.

• @mr.bonesbbq3288
    @mr.bonesbbq3288 Před 2 lety +1

Many Thanks fer th Sesame Street walkthrough of th T-84, helped increase my grasp immensely, mate.
    Be safe, an well, y'all!

• @cafex123
    @cafex123 Před 3 lety +2

Great video... Really very good presentation...

• @conceptalfa
    @conceptalfa Před 2 lety +2

Great explonation, thanks for sharing!!! 👍 👍 👍

• @Truffle1947
    @Truffle1947 Před 6 lety +3

Excellent video. I just put a deposit down on my first mb and your stuff is really helping me understand the mechanics of a jeep :)

• @Greendot319

No Problem, good luck with your new jeep!

• @AaronMartinCOOLVIDEO
    @AaronMartinCOOLVIDEO Před 5 lety +2

I really wish I had a Jeep to work on I love how simple the transmission is.

• @Greendot319
      @Greendot319  Před 5 lety

They are a great toy, simple but need to be accurate to get them to work correctly, lots of poorly running and driving jeeps out there, its fun to do it properly though! Cheers

• @andyireland1856
    @andyireland1856 Před 5 lety +3

Great video my 43 Willys has a gear shift fault 1st and reverse are fine but can not engage 2nd or 3rd have not tried double de-clutching so seems like my locking rings could be worn not gone down the dropping the gear box yet, but looks like that is next. Will show this vid to my mechanic and see what he thinks.

• @Greendot319
      @Greendot319  Před 5 lety +2

Yes Andy, 2nd and third difficulties are likely to be the Synchro, cheers Matt

• @jbbj3011
    @jbbj3011 Před 5 lety +2

Thank you for this video ! I'm working on my T84.

• @rogeroliver5083
    @rogeroliver5083 Před 6 lety +3

Yes Greendot I would agree with all you have said, keep up the videos. KBO Roger . Norfolk.

• @incomingshell3268
    @incomingshell3268 Před 5 lety +1

Great Job Mate !!!!

• @cryanconnor
    @cryanconnor Před 2 lety +1

Great explanation.

• @MayorFuglycools
    @MayorFuglycools Před 6 lety +3

My TC seals broke in my D-18, would love to see a tear down and demo of how a transfer case works. Also my 1st gear and reverse idler gear are toast LOL. Your vids are 1000% better then the "frame off" trannie removals, and thank you for the hard work ! Will use this video to help diagnose and replace some gears in my T90.
    Mayor Fuglycool

• @roblenzz7966
    @roblenzz7966 Před 6 lety +2

Nice explanation, I wish I could find a worn out/junk case and assemble it and have big cut out sections, like an old training aide. That'd be cool.

• @Greendot319
      @Greendot319  Před 6 lety

Best bet would be to find one on ebay thats been left out in the rain and is junk, would be very cool to have a side on view so you could see how the cluster gear and main shafts and 1st/reverse interact. Dallas autos in the UK have a complete cutaway jeep that is very cool! Glad you liked the video, hopefully its easy enough for people to understand and not too boring for everyone who already knows how it works! Matt

• @michaelrepas2486
    @michaelrepas2486 Před 5 lety +2

It would be nice to see a demonstration of double clutching while driving Thanks

• @Greendot319
      @Greendot319  Před 5 lety +1

czcams.com/video/l4zdpgVX9Wg/video.html

• @JacquesDufrene
    @JacquesDufrene Před 6 lety +2

I love this, could you maybe do this for the t-90?

• @Greendot319

I haven't got a T-90 unfortunately but I will look into it, cheers Matt

• @joe3973
    @joe3973 Před 2 lety +1

So how does it jumps out of second gear ? How do you demonstrate jump out of second?

• @degerton2
    @degerton2 Před rokem +1

What does the throwout bearing do ?

• @farside7803
    @farside7803 Před rokem

Just finished restoring a 45 GPW we rebuilt the gearbox and I’m having a hard time going back to 1st after being in 2/3 at a complete stop. I have to fumble with the lever for a good min or so just to get back in 1st. Any tips???

• @daveweeks67
    @daveweeks67 Před 6 lety +2

Hi How is the Gearbox rebuild going ?
    Regards

• @Greendot319
      @Greendot319  Před 6 lety +1

Hi Dave,
      It is all back together after various little issues to resolve and should be back in the jeep next week, i'll get some more video out shortly! cheers
      Matt

• @daveweeks67
      @daveweeks67 Před 6 lety +1

Thanks Matt,

• @auburnbutler159
    @auburnbutler159 Před 6 lety

Shift dog's,do we need then ?