EMD's 100th Anniversary Celebration Featuring EMDX 7231 SD70ACe-T4

Sdílet
Vložit
  • čas přidán 22. 08. 2024
  • EMD's 100th Anniversary celebration at Illinois Railway Museum featuring EMDX 7231 an SD70ACe-T4
    8/20/22
    #train #railfanning #railfans #trains #travel

Komentáře • 18

• @BagusWidyanto_HappyIn1997

The Tier 4 locomotive is nearly silent

• @Afoamer
    @Afoamer Před 2 lety +4

It’s quite interesting to hear that a yellow banana unit has a K5LA instead of its K5LLA

• @CTK1201
    @CTK1201 Před 2 lety +1

NIIIICE!! That Tier 4 is So Quiet...Also Nice footage of that CP 9023!

• @wendellsilvatrens1339

Sd70 🤩🤩❤️

• @railroading
    @railroading Před 2 lety +1

Wow, so amazing! I only learned about this today, like omg I always learn about things afterwards 😫

• @gailyncookMilwRR
    @gailyncookMilwRR Před 2 lety

History can be amazing! When my one year old Granddaughter is my age (67) These will be the museum pieces she might come and see!

• @jmream2618
    @jmream2618 Před 8 měsíci

I think the SD70ACE-T4 would make a great passenger locomotive

• @theelginrailfan9489
    @theelginrailfan9489 Před 2 lety

Wow AWESOME

• @brianfalzon6739
    @brianfalzon6739 Před rokem

Great catch!

• @WindCityRailfan
    @WindCityRailfan Před rokem +1

Why didn't you tell me! awesome video by the way

• @Band__geek
    @Band__geek Před 2 lety

Wow. Wonder if this will happen for its 105th anniversary.

• @mr.sir.
    @mr.sir. Před rokem +1

Cool engine but not a 4 stroke fan. It'll probably burn too like the GEs and then Cat will get fed up and stick a C175 inside which isn't a EMD but a Cat which sounds downright mean like an Alco with EMD turbochargers

• @Slim_Slid
      @Slim_Slid Před rokem

The 1010J's in the SD70ACE-T4's are heavily rebuilt EMD 265H's that Caterpillar did themselves from the ground on up...Different crankshafts to eliminate the harmonic balancing error and the fuel injection is changed as well.
      The EMD 265H's (Being the first and last four stroke they built) were a catastrophic failure and why EMD fell behind on the market while GE was thriving and rising.
      EPA regulations were involved in this.
      There is nothing at all to compare between CAT/EMD & Wabtec/GE...
      Caterpillar's engines always have been one of the best and will outlast any of what Wabtec/GE has to offer...
      They've been destroying turbochargers ever since the dash nine series...and usually don't last more than five years without requiring a complete overhaul.