My thoughts on the Viltrox 56mm f1.4 + Fujifilm X-T2

Sdílet
Vložit
  • čas přidán 14. 10. 2020
  • The first 1000 people to click the link will get a free trial of Skillshare's Premium Membership: skl.sh/mattiasburling10201
    In this video I will take a look at the Viltrox 56mm f1.4 STM lens for Fujifilm and also give my thoughts on pairing it to the old XT2 for a pretty affordable combo. The 56mm is definitely a decent lens for the money and makes for a nice, fast backup to the weather sealed 50mm f2.0. Or as an entry level portrait lens for those that are just getting in to the system with something affordable like the older X-T or X-Pro models.
    Find a used X-T2 or other interchangeable lens Fujifilm at MPB. And if you do, you also help support this channel by using the links bellow:
    MPB US, prf.hn/l/JpQEBON
    MPB UK, prf.hn/l/W4VN0YQ
    MPB EU, prf.hn/l/ng8WLoo
    You can also support me with a coffee: www.buymeacoffee.com/mattiasb...
    X-T2 vs X-Pro2,
    • 5 Reasons why I left t...
  • Věda a technologie

Komentáře • 128

• @gearreallydoesntmatter
    @gearreallydoesntmatter  Před 3 měsíci

Find a used X-T2 or other interchangeable lens Fujifilm at MPB. And if you do, you also help support this channel by using the links bellow:
    MPB US, prf.hn/l/JpQEBON
    MPB UK, prf.hn/l/W4VN0YQ
    MPB EU, prf.hn/l/ng8WLoo

• @TerraMagnus
    @TerraMagnus Před 3 lety +58

"the old X-T2" ... my heart sank just hearing that. Such is the pace of camera development in the modern age. Back in the film days, the X-T2 would still be considered kind of new and relevant this soon after its launch. I still use mine daily, and haven't really seen a compelling reason yet to upgrade it.

• @tyrelsnowden1982
      @tyrelsnowden1982 Před 3 lety +4

I still shoot with my XT1 all the time and I've got 2 XT'3. I'm trying to find a good deal on an XT2 so that I have the 1, 2, and 3 because I'm a dork/hoarder haha

• @ShutterKnack
      @ShutterKnack Před 3 lety +3

Yes, really sad that cameras are now like phones people upgrade to each year. I’m sticking with my X-Pro2 and the mighty Pentax K-1.

• @TheLastSlaughter
      @TheLastSlaughter Před 3 lety +3

I bought XT-2 this summer. Upgraded from Lumix G7 :) 18-55 & 35 F2 are my lenses for now.

• @Toad_Hugger
      @Toad_Hugger Před 3 lety +1

@@ShutterKnack Got a used Pentax K-5 as my first digital camera a couple years ago and don't see any reason to replace it. A K-1 would be nice, though... :P

• @ShutterKnack
      @ShutterKnack Před 3 lety

@@Toad_Hugger the K-5 was ground-breaking when it was launched. It had the best ISO performance in its class. Knowing how Pentax's are built, I don't think you're going to need a new one until for a long time! I had a Pentax K-5 before and it took a long time for me to 'upgrade' to a Fuji mirrorless (X-pro2). Back then, I sold most of my Pentax gear. Then, I tried other Fujis and went with Sony (A7). Eventually, my heart yearned for Pentax as it's a brand I truly trust. They are slow but they don't cripple their cameras like Canon and Sony. I also like how they take all lenses and accessories into account since the 1970s. For example, Pentax is the only manufacturer who created an AF adapter for their manual lenses. Who would do that?! (If you don't know this, search for Pentax 1.7x AF Adapter). All my old Pentax glass are autofocus. Pentax is the only brand I truly trust. I'm obviously a fanboy but I can't help it! I switched back to Pentax and I'm never looking back. :)

• @OmarZ77
    @OmarZ77 Před 3 lety +8

Got a mint X-T2 a year ago for $560. This camera is such a photography beast I really don’t see myself upgrading anytime soon.

• @ianjasperperalta6354
    @ianjasperperalta6354 Před 3 lety +4

I’m a XT2 user since 2018 and I dont have any reason to upgrade to higher model because XT2 gives me what I really want in a camera. Its not old but its a legend!

• @yousef474
    @yousef474 Před 3 lety +44

Welcome back ❤

• @simonmorter9341
    @simonmorter9341 Před 3 lety

Been missing your uploads!! Just rewatched your other viltrox lens videos today and was surprised to see this one in my sub box to round things out, superb video per usual mate thank you 🤙🏼

• @gunnarsandberg8132
    @gunnarsandberg8132 Před 3 lety +1

Gratulerer med over 100K følgere Mattias! :)

• @gregstevenson7401
    @gregstevenson7401 Před 3 lety +1

Love your review style Mattias. Gunpowder looking regal as always.

• @Sunday5834
    @Sunday5834 Před 3 lety +3

Got a used xt1 + new viltrox 23mm f1.4 this week. Japan's used market are usually more expansive than other country and i pick up my xt1 for around 300usd. But boy was i overjoyed when i found that the shutter count is only 47. This camera and lens combo works perfectly and the organic feel from xtrans 2 sensor is delightful. Im new to photography and i hope that these guy will follow me for a long time.

• @trym2121
      @trym2121 Před 3 lety +1

Wow. Good find. Either its shutter was replaced then put on sale or it had never been touched before

• @paprhat
    @paprhat Před 3 lety +1

Finally! I’ve literally not purchased this lens because I’ve been waiting for your two cents! Glad you’re back.

• @embrown23
    @embrown23 Před 3 lety +1

I have the 85mm and love it. Thinking about this one. Thanks for the vid!

• @viagensebabados
    @viagensebabados Před 3 lety

I have the 85mm f1.8 and absolutely love it. The images are beautiful. I might try this one too. Thank you for the review.

• @Scuddi
    @Scuddi Před 3 lety +9

I love my X-T2; as you mentioned you can find them used for very little (relatively speaking). My only issue with the Fuji is that the lenses I am most interested in are very expensive (for me). If you are mostly interested in shooting wildlife it's not the most affordable system comparing what you get for what you give.

• @BurningBroadcast
      @BurningBroadcast Před 3 lety +2

You are right. Although the 55-200 for Fuji is a incredible lens. I'd say currently the best value Wildlife setup is still with DSLR's. Canon 7D with the 400mm F5.6, or a Nikon D300 / D3 / D7200 with the 200-500.

• @jberenden
    @jberenden Před 3 lety +1

Thanks for the video. How do you find this viltrox compares to the fuji 50mm f2 and 56 1.2 in terms of sharpness and image quality? Which one would you recommend as the main portrait lens on a t-x4?

• @N0cky007
    @N0cky007 Před 3 lety

Great video. Do you have any raws wide open with this combo that you can share? I have the t2 and was thinking of buying this. Thanks in advance! Keep it up!!

• @felipew101
    @felipew101 Před 3 lety +3

Yes! A new video from the man himself, Mattias Burling!!

• @boohaka
    @boohaka Před 3 lety

Hi Matthias. I love your videos. I’d just like to know why you consider the pre xt4 screen better for you? Mike

• @seansims2475
    @seansims2475 Před 3 lety +1

Yay, new content from Mattias!

• @rbos6001
    @rbos6001 Před 3 lety +1

I just bought an XT3 for twice what you paid for the XT2, but it was new. An outlet deal then, I also saw a 10% discount on the viltrox 23mm 1.4 and I am delighted with both of them. So delighted with the 23mm 1.4 really considering buying the 56mm 1.4. Should be a good combo for potrait shots.

• @ilogico1656
    @ilogico1656 Před 3 lety

Hi bro, I'm looking for a compact digital camera with square format but not expensive any help ? Thank you 😊💕

• @aashikhaniffa6482
    @aashikhaniffa6482 Před 3 lety +1

Great video Mattias, we share the same thoughts on the screen and the reason to skip the X-T4.

• @golfswing4995
    @golfswing4995 Před 3 lety

Hi everyone, Mattias and those of you who have both the 85 and the 56, could you please explain when you decide to go out with one or the other ? What are your usage with both of them ? I would like to have a complementary lens to my 12mm and 35mm and I don't know how to choose between the 56 and the 85 ! Thanks in advance

• @KentuckyMan30
    @KentuckyMan30 Před 3 lety +29

"So go to Flickr or something and make up your own mind." HAHA! I almost spit my coffee out I laughed so hard. Just bought this lens last night. Can't wait to shoot with it and compare it to the Fuji version. Also, the photo at 3:32 is stunning!

@gearreallydoesntmatter  Před 3 lety +1

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it. Glad you liked the image, I don't think I have posted it before, it's from last year I think.

• @AcidicDelusion
      @AcidicDelusion Před 3 lety

Either of you shot with the 23mm?

• @Shmyrk
      @Shmyrk Před 3 lety

YES! I would be interested to see side by side comparisons without having to go to flickr lol. Excited for your video

• @markhou
    @markhou Před 3 lety

Totally right about the x-t2. Paired with capture One you get amazing pictures! Some people prefer its output to the x-t3's

• @seansims2475
    @seansims2475 Před 3 lety +2

Just recently bought an X-E3 based on your review and because I've wanted one for a while. I'm really digging the Fuji setup. Got the 18mm f2 lens to go with it and I love it. Now I'm wanting to consider eventually getting a weather sealed body and a longer lens. Would you say the X-T2 is good enough for more serious video or would you spend the extra cash on the X-T3? Also, if you could pick only one would it be the Viltrox 56 or 85?

• @seansims2475
      @seansims2475 Před 3 lety

@@Metalfreakz17 I wouldn’t take out a weather sealed body without a weather sealed lens. I’m asking about a longer lens because that’s what I want next but that doesn’t mean that’s the only lens I would want.

• @Mindartcreativity
    @Mindartcreativity Před 3 lety +8

Mattias: This video is sponsored by..
    Me: Squarespace!!!!!
    Mattias: Skillshare!
    Yay, a new video! You have been missed.

• @kalvin.
    @kalvin. Před 3 lety +1

Just got a mint X-H1 + Grip for a steal, plus this Viltrox lens. I know the X-H1 isn’t as beloved but the IBIS and ergonomics will make it my main camera for the foreseeable future. I just love Fuji so much though I might need to get an X-E3 too for the rangefinder vibe

• @guich.mp4
    @guich.mp4 Před 3 lety

Hey , can you test the tokina 33mm 1.4 for fujifilm ?

• @shaunraymond65
    @shaunraymond65 Před 3 lety

I already have the XT2 and fuji 50mm f2 but I might have to give the viltrox a go I still haven't got my hands on the 85 yet

• @JayGrapherTh
    @JayGrapherTh Před 3 lety

lovely review :) thank you

• @JaymesMedia
    @JaymesMedia Před 3 lety

Just got mine today, shooting this weekend

• @Insanebeatz117
    @Insanebeatz117 Před 3 lety

Love your videos!!!

• @JdTV79
    @JdTV79 Před 3 lety

I have the xt3 and I love it! However, there are some reviewers (Andrew & Denae being one) that consider the image quality of the xt2/xpro2/xe3 sensor as better in low light. I might get an xe3 one day as a second body.

• @djchips
    @djchips Před 8 měsíci

Thanks for this! X-T2 (and X-T3) are I think some of the best value in the Fuji system right now (late 2023) in terms of feature set and quality. I'm also a big proponent of pairing them with good value lenses like the Viltrox 56mm 1.4 and/or Sigma 30mm 1.4, it makes a solid kit with tons of flexibility.

• @umigabut
    @umigabut Před 10 měsíci

Will this lens work on older bodies like XA1 ?

• @philbrown8181
    @philbrown8181 Před 3 lety +1

I always approach a new video by Mattias with some trepidation, having already spent enough money on excellent gear that he discusses. So it was a mild relief to come away from this, as usual, excellent video with my wallet still intact. Albeit mostly due to having got a Ricoh GR iii only a week back. So it's still empty. I'm loving the GR iii, but still 'blaming' Mattias. PS - great to have you back!

• @georgioszisis491
    @georgioszisis491 Před 3 lety

mattias great video like always. I have a fuji question. I found the xe-3 at a great grey market price and now i cand decide about the lens. does the 35 1.4 sit good on it ? or should i look the lighter one 35 f2 ?

• @rbos6001
      @rbos6001 Před 3 lety

Both are good. The 1.4 is ever so slightly larger, but I dont mind it. Better choose if you need wr and faster af (2.0) or dreamy like images (1.4). Even if AF is slower I like the images out of the 1.4 more cause of the character of the lens.

• @korysmouse3800
      @korysmouse3800 Před 3 lety +1

I have the 35 f2 and it pairs very nicely with my x-e3. The f2 has a more “clinical” rendering than the 1.4 but I’m very happy with it.

• @ditto1958
    @ditto1958 Před 3 lety

Would you consider doing a video explaining the Fujifilm camera and lens lineups? Your videos have gotten me interested in Fujifilm but I find the numerous camera models a bit overwhelming

• @christiang-berg8490
    @christiang-berg8490 Před 3 lety

I have the 56 and the 85 and love them both :-) I also have a couple of Zeiss lenses and Fujis own lenses like the 16-55/2.8 for example - and most of the other lenses that I own might be a little sharper than the Viltrox lenses - but there is something with the images that come out that I really like - and both of them are plenty sharp enough :-)

• @ohmwai
    @ohmwai Před 3 lety +16

The only person who says "teached" and i want to write a petition it be included in the dictionary

• @jzayas5698
    @jzayas5698 Před 3 lety

I remember someone said "you don't really need f1.2 if you don't work on photography" (referring to the Fuji 56mm). This is probably true, and while there are more aspects to that lens than just aperture, I think it is not mistaken. There are cheaper options that can get good results.

• @ryanbeer5262
    @ryanbeer5262 Před 3 lety

Lol bro, I love your non sugar coated reviews! Now if I could only find an xt2 for that price.

• @d.k.1394
    @d.k.1394 Před 2 lety

Great video

• @4mooncheese
    @4mooncheese Před 3 lety

Wonder what this lens would be like on the X-T1?

• @mennodv
      @mennodv Před 3 lety

incompatible, according to a product info sheet i saw.

• @cobao5526
    @cobao5526 Před 2 lety

56mm vs 33mm, which one will you pick

• @atheistbear2500
    @atheistbear2500 Před 3 lety

4:34 I recently used dental floss to free this sticky dial😂

• @paprhat
      @paprhat Před 3 lety +1

I actually fiddled with the one on my X-T3 until it was loose enough to move with just a fingernail. Still locks tightly into place. I wish I had known about the floss trick. Lol

• @rensaudade
    @rensaudade Před 3 lety

Im torn between viltrox 56 vs fuji 50 cron

• @orshanti
    @orshanti Před 3 lety

hey man! can you do a review of the new XS10? would be great to hear what you make of it. cheers!

@gearreallydoesntmatter  Před 3 lety +2

For the money I would buy a used X-E3 or X-T30 instead.

• @orshanti
      @orshanti Před 3 lety

@@gearreallydoesntmatter but I realy like the new grip designe and the ibis. I do hope they will make the same camera but with a more pro fitures like bigger evf, battery 2 slots and a tilt screen. This would be the perfect camera for photographers for sure.

@@orshanti Sounds like the X-H1.

• @orshanti
      @orshanti Před 3 lety

@@gearreallydoesntmatter probably a new xh1, bit smaller, and upgraded sensor, battery and ibis. Perfecto!

Imo the older sensor is better than the latest gen :)

• @chromaticvisuelle
    @chromaticvisuelle Před 3 lety

I love my xt2 !

• @sdhute
    @sdhute Před 3 lety +1

Love the Frenchie

• @ditto1958
    @ditto1958 Před 3 lety

Mattias do you have your “dream camera” yet? Do we know what it is?

• @stoneblue1795
    @stoneblue1795 Před 3 lety +1

Liked it, thumbs up.

• @saiyan_princestudios9790

I have the 16-55 and the 90 already. Would this lens even be worth adding to my collection?

• @Garbid
    @Garbid Před 3 lety

As always interesting!) Even I use sony

• @samuelgoad7320
    @samuelgoad7320 Před 3 lety

Nice video, I was gonna get this lens but BH was out of stock at the time so I splurged and got the 85 1.8. 😁

• @StephenDLong
    @StephenDLong Před 3 lety +1

"I have a link to a video about that in the description." Did you forget this link?

• @sdhute
    @sdhute Před 3 lety +1

Fiddley as heck lol SUB. Agree the flip down is amazing for photography. You can take discrete pictures on the street.

• @way4447
    @way4447 Před 3 lety +1

The first thing I open CZcams is check your page.

• @kembawiththetec
    @kembawiththetec Před 3 lety

Master Mattias Burling, please help me pick a cheap camera for all around photography. Thanks!

• @MichaelRedford
      @MichaelRedford Před 3 lety

He has too many videos doing so. Go to a beginner photography group on reddit pr facebook with a few cameras ok his channel and your budget.

• @jzayas5698
      @jzayas5698 Před 3 lety +2

I think Mattias has made videos about this. But define cheap.

• @77edwilson
      @77edwilson Před 3 lety +3

X-T2 is hard to beat. Snagged mine for $440 USD on eBay this past week.

• @kembawiththetec
      @kembawiththetec Před 3 lety

​@@jzayas5698 I checked all of them out, but I'm looking for something below 200 euros on ebay. If that's possible. There are local shops in my country that sell used cameras but they all are Canon ( 1200d, 350d with 28-90mm lense) Nikon (3200d, 3100d, d40, d60, d3000) Sony( a58, nx200,) and I'm basically having a hard time choosing between these options. Those cameras that I wrote are all below 200, and some of then are even bellow 100

• @meme4one
      @meme4one Před 3 lety +1

@@kembawiththetec nikon d3100 is a fine camera. Get the 35 or 50mm dx lens and you'll be in for a treat.

• @guyjordan8201
    @guyjordan8201 Před 3 lety

short and sweet

• @garrettcliser6840
    @garrettcliser6840 Před 3 lety

Finally!

• @DamianBrown
    @DamianBrown Před 3 lety +2

🥰🥰

• @opalyankaBG
    @opalyankaBG Před 3 lety

If only it had a clicking aperture ring!

• @georgenorthcutt6774
    @georgenorthcutt6774 Před 2 lety

Why does the x-pro2 cost more than the x-t2? The pro2 is slower in performance.

• @Monkeyweewees
    @Monkeyweewees Před 3 lety

I'm a newbie 😤

• @cradilyz
    @cradilyz Před 3 lety +1

"old xt2" meanwhile my xt1 :'(

• @relaxingbehavior252
    @relaxingbehavior252 Před 3 lety

Until next time goodbye 💓

• @TechnikMeister2
    @TechnikMeister2 Před 3 lety

The only thing holding back Fuji from more success and higher adoption rates are its quality but way overpriced lenses. Canon threw the hat down with the RP and its ability to perfectly use all legacy EF lenses with its full function adapter. Now, Canon users have a mountain of L series lenses that they can mount onto an affordable FF camera with Jpgs so good, working with Raw files has become redundant. I was going to buy Fuji but when I added up that it would cost me $3k for a decent outfit, the same quality could be had with Canon for $2k. I think Canon has moved the whole game and bravo. Fuji, you will go the way of Olympus if you are not careful.

• @trym2121
    @trym2121 Před 3 lety

If I say its image quality is like vintage lens, would you agree?

• @orshanti
    @orshanti Před 3 lety

"they are just as bad on the newer models... " :))

• @saiyan_princestudios9790

People fuji native lenses aren’t expensive. Look at Sony native lenses in comparison (not third party)

• @henkvrieling9586
    @henkvrieling9586 Před rokem

Unnecessary annoying manipulation music.