CHEAPEST Flat Bottom Steering Wheel upgrade for your VW Transporter T5

Sdílet
Vložit
  • čas přidán 30. 06. 2024
  • Some upgrades are more expensive than others! A flat bottom steering wheel for my pre-facelift Vw Transporter T5 has been on the list for a while but finding one without buttons and for the right money has taken a while and that the airbag system would work. Today I find what I think is the cheapest and best looking option which comes from a volkswagen UP!
    I go through the process and HOW TO change to the new steering wheel and make the airbag work with your van! As you can see from the thumbnail I had the very cheapest option of the standard VW UP wheel but then I also won a leather one for a bargain.
    00:00 Intro
    00:23 The Up Steering wheel
    01:38 How to Remove your steering wheel
    04:08 Comparing both Steering wheels
    05:21 How to make the airbags work
    08:14 Fitting the VW UP Steering wheel
    10:41 Whoops I brought a leather one!
    12:31 Outro
    Check out all the fantastic products we have to offer on the website:
    www.rjwcustoms.co.uk/
    Follow along on our social media also:
    / rjw_customs
    / rjwcustoms
    #vw #volkswagen #transporter #t5 #vwt5 #vwtransporter #volkswagentransporter #volkswagent5 #modifiedvans #rjwcustoms #prefacelift #steeringwheel #flatbottomwheel #vwup #up #howto #steeringwheelupgrade
  • Auta a dopravní prostředky

Komentáře • 10

• @colinhill6287
    @colinhill6287 Před 6 měsíci +2

Looks great mate, thanks for sharing. I have 5.1 so I’m guessing it’s no different, so the wiring is identical other than the main connector?

• @RJW_Customs
      @RJW_Customs  Před 6 měsíci +1

As long as you haven't got multifunction buttons on your current wheel it should be the same process. The plug on the actual airbag is pretty much universal

• @looneyrickstar
    @looneyrickstar Před 4 dny +1

Hi RJW , if i already have cruise control on my multi function steering wheel and I upgrade the steering wheel with the ACC button can that be coded in or is it more involved? Many Thanks.

• @RJW_Customs
      @RJW_Customs  Před 3 dny

Hi Rick,
      Does your van have the distance sensor on the front of it to be able to use the ACC function?

• @der.kdf.brother
    @der.kdf.brother Před 2 měsíci +1

NICE! Have to do that also because mine it looks like it was chewed on by a tiger. The UP steering wheel you used, from what year of UP is it? Friendly greetings

• @RJW_Customs
      @RJW_Customs  Před 2 měsíci +1

Hi there, yes it's a very good upgrade! The steering wheel was from a 2014 VW Up.

• @marktipton218
    @marktipton218 Před 6 měsíci +1

When you say 2005 is that on woods coz I have a 2005 caddy so can I do this to mine thanks bud

• @RJW_Customs
      @RJW_Customs  Před 6 měsíci +1

Yes it uses the same splined type column so you will be able to do this same modification. I would have thought the airbag wiring will be the same situation as well

• @jacksingh6707
    @jacksingh6707 Před 2 měsíci +1

Hi pal do you think the Audi a3 steering will fit the vw t5.

• @RJW_Customs
      @RJW_Customs  Před 2 měsíci

Hi, it should do, what age is the a3?