TLR 22T 4.0 vs. Team Associated T6.1

Sdílet
Vložit
  • čas přidán 7. 09. 2024

Komentáře • 51

• @GrotrianSeiler
    @GrotrianSeiler Před 4 lety +2

This guy is great. No bias. Totally fair. Good video.

• @STEVOD313
    @STEVOD313 Před 5 lety +4

Not even discounted, man them sellers r savage! 😂 hey broski sweet comparison n review 👍😎

• @dmastery5493
    @dmastery5493 Před 4 lety +2

Good review. Personally i only buy Team Associated kits because i grew up with them. Both are really nice though.

• @alexr9030
    @alexr9030 Před 5 lety +2

I knew what what would be your response between the 2 since I watch a lot of your videos and we can get an idea what truck you preferred and I understand completely. I will add to cart your winning truck real soon . Great review as always . Sell the T6.1 and get the Yokomo truck I think you will like more than the AE Truck

• @LaurentianRCStudios
    @LaurentianRCStudios Před 5 lety +4

All team associated for me,switched from TLR to associated after 4 years of running TLR,I prefer AE way better,less striped screws,less complexity and a better build experience overall,I run kit setup on all my AE rigs,both 10th and 8th scale

• @gavinbishop4134
    @gavinbishop4134 Před 5 lety +1

I still prefer the team associated because my local shop supports team associated and they can help with setups and learn from the workers there, but I still want to try the tlr vs my t6.1.

• @RazorRC
      @RazorRC  Před 5 lety +1

Gavin Bishop you can never go wrong running AE

• @jimbuddabing557
    @jimbuddabing557 Před 5 lety +2

It's kinda almost Ford vs Chevy lol.i run both,my daughter has the t5 and 6 and I have the 1-4 .0 and the t5 and 6 all are fun to me love my Matt Francis too break that out for some races every now and then and still am consistent with current trucks.really you can taylor any of them to suit your driving style..there are so many adjustments.just my 2 cents.

• @jackfletcher2304
    @jackfletcher2304 Před 9 měsíci

why are the rear shocks on the tlr mounted behind the arms not in front of the arms 😮

• @kajexo9580
    @kajexo9580 Před 4 lety

nice channel!
    also funky soundtrack, keep up the good work and sound advise for the rc community

• @cage-rattler
    @cage-rattler Před 3 lety +1

What's your opinion now in 2021 between tlr and ta stadium trucks?

• @pueblodsmrs5624
    @pueblodsmrs5624 Před rokem

keep it up with the great videos

• @miniTVortex
    @miniTVortex Před 5 lety +1

You mentioned Frank Root setup. I have looked for that setup but haven't had any luck. Can you supply links to videos and/or setup sheets? It would really help.

• @RazorRC
      @RazorRC  Před 5 lety +1

Jeffrey Lane good question, I just updated the video description with the setup I use.

• @agoodballet
    @agoodballet Před 5 lety +2

Associated all the way for me. I’ve been using Team Associated cars since I was a kid and will never change. The TLR looks like a decent kit but I’m tried and true AE all the way.

• @nathanielpatrick610
    @nathanielpatrick610 Před 2 lety

Do you feel there is any value in inventing into a new stadium truck and building one up currently or do you feel the buggy market is to strong and will eventually push out that stadium truck class?

• @ScottzillaRC
    @ScottzillaRC Před 5 lety

Great info and review, thanks for the info 👍

• @jsuarezvisuals9419
    @jsuarezvisuals9419 Před 5 lety

Oh wow just notice you race out in SJ

• @trentmarlowe7655
    @trentmarlowe7655 Před 5 lety

Nice review mate. 👍

• @robertmoore119
    @robertmoore119 Před 5 lety

Pretty decent review. I'm like Associated but I appreciate TLR. As far as your AE kit setup. Have you tried running the same tires? I noticed you have different tires, and the ones on the TLR are a bit less glazed. Something else you could try. It also looks like you have more positive camber on the TLR, the AE has more negative. You could try dialing out a bit of rear camber to go towards zero, depending on the rear link position. Looks almost like you have positive in the TLR, but the wheels aren't on and its not weighted with your battery. Seems to be similar to what they were years ago. TLR a little wider, AE a little narrower. TLR more stable on big fast tracks, AE more nimble on tight tracks. That is with these two trucks anyway. Years ago it was the case when the associated buggy was the B3, not sure what the Team Losi was at the time, but my competitors seemed to be running positive camber in the front. I didn't alter setup much at the time, but I understood suspension fairly well. Not sure what the kit states for the AE for anti squat, but you could try dialing in some anti squat. Just thinking of ways to get some rear traction out of your AE. At least under breaking and cornering, I'm sure it has plenty when grabbing the throttle out of the hole. Good Luck!

• @robertmoore119

*braking

• @robertmoore119

Oh, I forgot to add, you might also try building the Associated shocks the way you build the TLR shocks. That might remove some pack. Without driving your truck, I can't really get a judge how it lands though. I always ran buggy, but a fellow driver let me drive his RC10GT at it was very easy to drive compared to my buggy on the same track. He and his father were two of the faster people at the track though. Thinking back, my setup could have been better but I usually had a top spot.

• @johnsorensen5758
    @johnsorensen5758 Před 3 lety

Hey razor I know this is a older video but if you still have both cars I was wondering if you could check and see if the tlr body will fit the team associated car using original body mounts or would it have to moded to fit ? I have the t6.1 but I think the body is ugly trying to find a alternative I don't really like the J concepts finisher body either so far the tlr is looking the best if you can try it and let me know I would greatly appreciate it😀👍

• @RazorRC
      @RazorRC  Před 3 lety

Sorry I sold both of these.

• @johnsorensen5758
      @johnsorensen5758 Před 3 lety

@@RazorRC thanks for responding have a blessed day 👍

• @dannywalker6279
    @dannywalker6279 Před 3 lety

Seems like everyone copied the losi 22 aluminum chassis design. Than again everyone copied mip 3 gear transmission

• @bryongreenwell7351
    @bryongreenwell7351 Před rokem

I think the Losi's truck is slow, I have ran quicker lap times with my 6.2

• @jameyfrye7559
    @jameyfrye7559 Před 5 lety

Looks like the associated has a twisted chassis or something..look how outta line the driveshafts are

• @bryongreenwell7351
    @bryongreenwell7351 Před rokem

I feel the 6.1 handles better

• @Adamztoob
    @Adamztoob Před 5 lety

What is the foam you use for the stands???

• @landy076
      @landy076 Před 5 lety +2

Realy Nice vidéo. But please, stop or turn down the music.
      😉

• @chadvandak9221
      @chadvandak9221 Před 5 lety

Yoga block u can get 2 for around $5 they work great

• @scooz14
    @scooz14 Před 5 lety

thats not a 22t 4.0, its a 3.0 with a laydown trans conversion and the new front knuckles. a lot more is different in the 4.0.

• @RazorRC
      @RazorRC  Před 5 lety

scooz14 you’re right - a lot more is different than just the laydown. Also the chassis, mudguards, arms, rear shock tower, rear shocks, body... all of which I converted in my 4.0. The knuckles are actually the same as the 3.0, no change with the 4.0.

• @scooz14
      @scooz14 Před 5 lety

@@RazorRC what you have shown in your video does not reflect what a current 4.0 looks like. There is no room for battery adjustment in the current 4.0, the shock tower mounts to the top of the transmission, not the back, the rear shocks are mounted on the front of the tower and rear arms, and the spindles with adjustable trail inserts were also new to the 4.0, which it does look like you have

• @scooz14
      @scooz14 Před 5 lety

Also, the trans you have is the 3.0 lay down trans conversion. Not the 4.0 trans which features adjustable diff and idler height.

• @RazorRC
      @RazorRC  Před 5 lety

scooz14 the shock tower you see is TLR234094 which is the optional T4.0 stiffizel tower to mount to either the 3.0 tranny or 4.0 standup transmission. Geometry is same as the 4.0 and you can mount shocks front or back with it. I have a whole series on the conversion. A more accurate description of this truck would be a 4.0 with a 3.0 lay down transmission.

• @scooz14
      @scooz14 Před 5 lety +2

@@RazorRC the point is, if someone were to go and buy a new 4.0 right now, they would get a different truck then what you have shown and reviewed

• @xzabath1
    @xzabath1 Před 3 lety +1

Give me this nitro.

• @davidcameron8819
      @davidcameron8819 Před 3 lety +1

Finally someone who’s actually on the right page
      Enough with this electric junk let’s go back to the 90s all nitro

• @rcaddictgarage
    @rcaddictgarage Před 5 lety

👍

• @LordDirus007
    @LordDirus007 Před 4 lety