Short Shift Mod for VW T4

Sdílet
Vložit
  • čas přidán 10. 09. 2024
  • Thanks for watching please like, subscribe and comment.
    In this upload I do the short shift modification for my 2.5tdi t4, very easy to do.

Komentáře • 22

• @tonydalton6756
    @tonydalton6756 Před 2 lety +2

I've just put mine back to long shift after 5 years. Driving feels a lot more relaxed & seems a lot smoother on the gear change.
    It did feel like I was stirring a cauldron at first though. 😆

• @TwiggsT4
      @TwiggsT4  Před 2 lety

Yeah I went back to normal and quite liked it, however I’ve had to keep mine short shift for now as it’s the only way I can get leverage to keep it held it reverse. Can’t wait to get the gearbox reconditioned 🤞

• @t4concepts
    @t4concepts Před 3 lety +2

Nice video Matt, interesting channel as well ; ) ................. I did my short shift mod over 12 years ago now, and I can assure you, you will never go back to 'normal'!
    Makes driving what in essence is a van, more like a sporty car, and with that nice aftermarket steering wheel and boss you have, a far more comfortable drive, specially on long distances.
    I've got bucket seats in my T4 ( a 2003 2.5 TDi ) so I sit much lower down than you were in your video, as I sit 'in' my seats as opposed to 'on' them ........................ I doubt that I'll ever sell her.
    Off to see the rest of your videos.
    Subscribed! ; )
    TURK

• @TwiggsT4
      @TwiggsT4  Před 3 lety

Welcome to the channel Turk, it a pleasure to have you here.
      I can't believe I had the van for 3 years before doing this and I should of done it sooner. My friend was always on at me to do it, I should of listened to him.
      I have looked at the option of other seats, but there's something about the originals that floats my boat ;) I was going to modify my original seat base to lower the seat but instead I got one of those swivel seat bases with safe build in.
      I'm with you on that, I'll probably never sell mine either👍

• @t4concepts
      @t4concepts Před 3 lety

@@TwiggsT4 Thanks mate, and thanks for replying ; )
      I just commented on one of your other videos, when you fitted your Ispiri alloys. Nice work ................. you're obviously a very happy man when driving your T4 ; )
      Are you on the 'www.vwt4forum.co.uk' ? great place should you need any advice, or even share your experiences and what you're doing.
      A bump for your channel as well maybe, as I'm pretty sure that there are a few guys that would be interested in seeing your tutorials.
      TURK

• @Kai77884
    @Kai77884 Před 4 lety +1

Hello very cool 👍👍👍from Germany 🇩🇪👋👋👋 Kai

• @garywordsworth9302
    @garywordsworth9302 Před 4 lety +1

That's great timing
    Going to be doing the short shift mod tomorrow
    Need to change the front discs so while I have the axle stands out be rude not to
    Nice guide 👍🏻

• @TwiggsT4
      @TwiggsT4  Před 4 lety

Prefect timing, easy mod to do, hardest but finding a 14mm drill bit. Good luck 🤙

• @chopperhehehe
    @chopperhehehe Před 2 lety +1

Cool mode
    I will being doing that for sure not sure y but think it will feal better but only got 19d power so no need to be fast gear changes lol but still doing it lol chears
    👍👍👍😜🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🦕🦄😁✌🤞

• @stuartjacobs7171
    @stuartjacobs7171 Před 2 lety +1

Great vid. So helpful. Would be good to know how much play you have with your gear linkage. I’m not too sure if I have too much play in ours.

• @TwiggsT4
      @TwiggsT4  Před 2 lety +2

I’m doing odd jobs and bits and piece’s tomorrow, I’ll film a few little clips, I think I’ve got quite a bit of play in mine as well, I might need to replace the ball linkages above the gearbox, apparently that’s a pig to do 🤷‍♂️

• @stuartjacobs7171
      @stuartjacobs7171 Před 2 lety +1

@@TwiggsT4 cheers Matt. I posted a vid on my insta account of our linkage set up after finding someone had placed card under the ball joint. Not sure why, but I had to dig out a fair bit of it, my post doesn’t show the half of it. Be good to see how you get on with yours.

• @TwiggsT4
      @TwiggsT4  Před 2 lety

I did see some of your linkage on Instagram but I don’t think I saw that with the ball linkage, I’ll go and take a look 👀

• @wobbleboxadventures
    @wobbleboxadventures Před 4 lety +1

My next job on the syncro project 👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿👍

• @TwiggsT4
      @TwiggsT4  Před 4 lety +1

Yeah felt a bit weird to start with, but makes so much difference, wouldn’t go back to standard now 🤙🤙🤙

• @wayneturner7678
    @wayneturner7678 Před 2 lety +1

cool im going to do that to my t4 is yours a turbo if so what revs does yours kick in at through evey gear cus sure if mine is right

• @TwiggsT4
      @TwiggsT4  Před 2 lety

Yeah I do like the short shift 👌 yes turbo, not sure what revs, I think around 2500rpm, just as it kicks in I change gear 😂

• @wayneturner7678
      @wayneturner7678 Před 2 lety

@@TwiggsT4 what about in 4th gear as it takes a while for mine to kick inmaybe the egr needs cleaning asking because we only just had it had all the belts changed inc water pump service jsut need to know if its running right

• @TwiggsT4
      @TwiggsT4  Před 2 lety

I’m pretty sure its about the same throughout all the gears, I’ve blanked my egr, helps keep the engine running a bit cleaner

• @wayneturner7678
      @wayneturner7678 Před 2 lety

@@TwiggsT4 its ok in 1 2 3 when its gets into 4th is realy sluggish then it hits 70 and kicks in is that normal ive used cleaner for the turbo not much difference what do you think

• @adamdaniel2849
    @adamdaniel2849 Před 3 lety

Great Video! Can I ask where you bought your gear shift extension and knob please?

• @TwiggsT4
      @TwiggsT4  Před 3 lety +1

It was already on the van when I bought it