MOZA Racing R12 [REVIEW] Built to OUT MUSCLE the Logitech G Pro and Thrustmaster T818!

Sdílet
Vložit
  • čas přidán 4. 06. 2024
  • 🤑 MOZA Racing mozaracing.com/?ref=GcByf6J01...
    If you liked this video, please hit the like👍 and consider subscribing. And drop in your comments below the video! ✅Subscribe to my channel here: tinyurl.com/yyhjua7h
    RELATED CONTENT:
    ▶ MOZA Racing R12 [UNBOXING] • MOZA Racing R12 [UNBOX...
    ▶ MOZA Racing R12 'DRIVE & TALK' Early impressions! • MOZA Racing R12 'DRIV...
    ▶ MOZA Racing R12 [REVIEW] • MOZA Racing R12 [REVIE...
    ▶ MOZA R9 (V1) Vs. MOZA R12 • MOZA R9 (V1) Vs. MOZA ...
    ▶ MOZA Racing R12 360° close-up view • MOZA Racing R12 | 360°...
    ▶ MOZA RACING R9 DD [REVIEW] • MOZA RACING R9 DD [REV...
    00:00 Intro and features
    03:50 Moza Pit House software
    10:27 Testing and evaluation
    YOU CAN HELP SUPPORT MY WORK WITH A SMALL DONATION (THANKS):
    ▶ Like the content? Please consider becoming a Patron / sim_racing_corner
    ▶ Show your support with a Ko-fi ko-fi.com/simracingcorner
    ▶ Follow Sim Racing Corner on Twitter to get notifications on new videos and other sim racing malarkey: / cornersim
    💾EQUIPMENT I USE TO MAKE VIDEOS💾
    ▶ Camtasia video editor techsmith.pxf.io/c/3147906/48...
    ▶ Canon EOS M200 (UK)amzn.to/3yeGENu (US)amzn.to/3pFflIg
    ▶ Elgato Cam Link 4k (UK)amzn.to/34Togzn (US)amzn.to/3IeoAHy
    ▶ Logitech Brio Gaming Webcam 4k (UK)amzn.to/2DxRVPj (US)amzn.to/2zl24Ll
    ▶ Logitech C920 Webcam (UK)amzn.to/2OYHvcB (US)amzn.to/2KshPoh
    ▶ Razer Kiyo Pro (UK)amzn.to/3C6Faq1 (US)amzn.to/3A2Fog4
    ▶ Elgato Facecam (UK)amzn.to/3JIXF6M (US)amzn.to/3v5vz1B
    ▶ Rode NT-USB Microphone (UK)amzn.to/2OADN8Z (US)amzn.to/2PQuVBC
    ▶ Neewer Dimmable LED Video Light (UK)amzn.to/3EFe4Hw (US)amzn.to/3rNDSxu
    ▶ Neewer Advanced 2.4G 480 LED Video Light (UK)amzn.to/3DvhzyR
    ▶ RALENO LED Video Soft Light Panel (UK)amzn.to/3GuzNlX (US)amzn.to/3y6YCRJ
    *As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
    #Simracing #mozaracing
  • Hry

Komentáře • 47

• @SimRacingCorner
    @SimRacingCorner  Před 11 měsíci +1

🤑 MOZA Racing mozaracing.com/?ref=GcByf6J01ZGu1r
    ▶ MOZA Racing R12 [UNBOXING] czcams.com/video/_bshW0yitTQ/video.html
    ▶ MOZA Racing R12 'DRIVE & TALK' Early impressions! czcams.com/video/NCe3SDxQr7Y/video.html

• @AndrewBurrowsCinematics
    @AndrewBurrowsCinematics Před 6 měsíci +2

I've been torn between getting the R9 and the R12 but I think I'll just go for the R12 and then at least I'm less likely to want to upgrade in the future. Currently on a Logitech G29 so the difference is going to be amazing. Never used a DD before so excited to try it out. Great video 👍

• @catnipherb
    @catnipherb Před 11 měsíci +2

I am so buying the R12. At the moment I'm using a belt CSL Elite. Even 70% strength is too much for me. I reduced it down to 68% or 67% in-game and its the perfect sweet spot. Any more and its too light and I'll lose detail. And that works out 4.1 newton metres! The wheel still rips out of my hand every once in a while or pulls my hand across and I love it! Now imagine what the R12 will do at full power... I'll be pretending to be Jimmy Broadbent doing 100% force feedback challenges!

• @2ndLastJedi
    @2ndLastJedi Před 11 měsíci +4

WTF are Fanatec doing? Sleeping at the wheel it seems.
    Well done Moza.

• @arivasu1759
    @arivasu1759 Před 6 měsíci

Good video and I like the idea of using the table clamp for mounting on the rig.💪👍

• @paulorogerio1894
    @paulorogerio1894 Před 2 měsíci

Parabéns pelos vídeos. Eu tenho um Moza R12 você tem algum vídeo compartilhando o seu setting que utiliza para o Raceroom?

• @jhonatanmoura21
    @jhonatanmoura21 Před 8 měsíci

The best Review from r12 from all CZcams!!!! Thanks!!!

• @danilochaves2442
    @danilochaves2442 Před 11 měsíci +5

did you test simagic wheelbases? i'd like to see to compare with this R12

• @tigerbalm666
      @tigerbalm666 Před 3 měsíci +1

Simagic is superior and stronger...but more $.

• @TheSpikebrazil
    @TheSpikebrazil Před 10 měsíci +1

@SimRacingCorner In your opinion and experience, between the two Logitech GPRO and Moza R12 wheels, which one gave you the best FFB with all the features that the wheels have? Are they similar?

• @DrR1pper
    @DrR1pper Před 11 měsíci

Nice review as always!
    Which pedals were you using with the Moza?

• @SimRacingCorner
      @SimRacingCorner  Před 11 měsíci

Thanks. I'm running 3DRAP Ngasa pedals. I need to review these at some point.

• @mangs9940
    @mangs9940 Před 11 měsíci

ordered!!! - hopefully wreckfest works soon!

• @user-tg5su9bf2f
    @user-tg5su9bf2f Před 5 měsíci

I just bought one of these to get out from under Fanatec. Really looking forward to giving it a go. I very briefly owned a Logitech DD Pro and found that I really didn't like it. I couldn't really dial in the FFB the way I wanted and I appreciate Moza giving you a lot of options in that regard. Thanks for the very detailed review.

• @Michelsen77
      @Michelsen77 Před 2 měsíci

Just curious because i just otdered a r12. Are you still happy? Any issues? Thanks

• @user-tg5su9bf2f
      @user-tg5su9bf2f Před 2 měsíci

I've loved it. It's definitely a really good base with plenty of power. I was having an issue where the wheel would disconnect during races, I bought mine through SimMotion and their customer service helped me to solve the issue with the help of Moza. So, good experience so far. The only thing I'll say is be careful with the mounting screws on the bottom, screw them in slowly because they're very easy to strip. I stripped a few threads on mine but thankfully didnt ruin it. @@Michelsen77

• @dante316a
    @dante316a Před 11 měsíci +2

About the ffb curve, I dont get why youtubers dont try some stuff out and then encourage people to do the same (not trying that stuff), if its there well is because Moza knows it can be used, for me running acc with my own curve ffb curve is a huge bonus, of course the curve should be all that crazy, but just giving some small boosts in some parts helps a lot in how it feels.

• @mangs9940

would this work on strong 1 meter wide wheel stand. planning on building one with heavy 48mm aluminium tubes/clamps. A better version of the Trak Racer FS3 . hard to understand the forces without having one? Also the stand will be strong and ridged, but relatively light. not sure if this a problem. Still comparing to Logitech option, but new FFB is making decision difficult.

• @SimRacingCorner

I think it will depend on the joints, that's where wheel stands tend to wobble.

• @MikiLaggard
    @MikiLaggard Před 11 měsíci

Hey, great review, thanks. Where did you get that mounting bracket? Can't find it.I have to say I really regret MOZAs decision to get rid of the possibility to get an extension in between wheel and base, cause I usually have my base behind the monitor. That's a real bummer for me personally. Otherwise great product!

• @SimRacingCorner

The bracket is the Moza table mount, without the clamps attached.

• @MikiLaggard
      @MikiLaggard Před 11 měsíci

@@SimRacingCorner Oh I see, thx. Do you have measurements hove far apart the slots are to bolt in on?

• @SimRacingCorner

@@MikiLaggard It's either 195mm, or 225mm, as there are 2 lines of slots on either side of the bracket.

• @MikiLaggard
      @MikiLaggard Před 11 měsíci +1

@@SimRacingCorner Awesome mate, thx for your effort. Exactly what I needed since I have a DIY aluminium plate with holes already drilled. Thanks again!

• @tamaz125
    @tamaz125 Před 8 měsíci

Which do you prefer between r12 and logitech dd pro. I grow tired of the lack of eco-system, software development anf community outside of Facebook and thus thinking of getting rid of my lohitech base. In video you mention you will be making the r12 your daily....is that due to issues above or you prefer the force feedback.

• @SimRacingCorner
      @SimRacingCorner  Před 8 měsíci

The DD Pro has a margin of sensitivity in its FFB that outclasses every wheelbase I've used other than the Leo Bodnar. It's impressive. Limited to one steering wheel is one reason. But mainly it's the awkward size/mounting doesn't suit my purpose well when I'm regularly swapping out hardware for testing. I would use it more if it wasn't such a hassle to set up the mounting.

• @tamaz125
      @tamaz125 Před 8 měsíci

@@SimRacingCorner thanks again for the insight. Size isn't great but I don't mind it as I don't have your problem :) of testing bases. As you have mentioned in other Logitech is quite tight lipped which is quite annoying imo given that lack of peripherals has been the constant and consistent criticism aimed at the base. Well that and size.

• @jc74435
    @jc74435 Před 7 měsíci

If you are using the FFB at 60%, does that mean that an R9 would be equivalent at 80%?

• @mangs9940

I also did not know Moza was compatible with Grid legends? its not mentioned on the Moza list?

• @SimRacingCorner

Unfortunately, that's not a complete or comprehensive list of compatible titles.

• @mangs9940

@@SimRacingCorner does it work with grid 2019?

• @SimRacingCorner

I don't know. Codemaster games are a lottery each time they release one.

• @mangs9940

@@SimRacingCorner thanks.

• @mangs9940
      @mangs9940 Před 10 měsíci

@@SimRacingCorner I managed to get the r12 working great with Grid Motorsport. I also got it working with grid 2019 and dirt 3. Although still messing with settings. I was not expecting Motorsport to work. The whole thing is a bit new to me, so trying to understand what ffb I should expect from each game is interesting. Also what ffb feels right for my playstyle.

• @arivasu1759
    @arivasu1759 Před 6 měsíci

Well, if you go strictly console, then you might say Moza against Logitech and Thrustmaster. But in reality, Moza is up against all manufactors. Specialy against Fanatec since they been sleeping for the last couple of years. Sadly for console racers, since Sony wants such high License fees.
    Moza has come a long way in such a short time. Great stuff.
    And yes, I've been through some Hardware starting out with the T-150, G-29, CSL Elite, DD Pro and now Moza. And again yes, there is better Hardware out there, but not at this price range and the quality moza has.
    Just my two cents.😉😁

• @tigerbalm666
    @tigerbalm666 Před 3 měsíci

I has R5 and I run @50%...just bought a R9 and prob skip R12 and get R16 next. R5 is MORE than strong so IDK why anyone need more! If I set R5 @100%, it would throw me out of my seat...

• @dante316a
    @dante316a Před 11 měsíci +1

14:55 i just avoid that with using just setting a small amount of damping 10-15 on pithouse and i have never needed to use the hands protection. Setting like you did still has oscilation but it will shut it down 1 second later, and oscillation at least for me is a big nono.

• @supercededman
    @supercededman Před 11 měsíci

The Logitech is console-compatible. The Moza, as good as it may be, is losing potential sales.
    I have a DD Pro which I can use on my console AND PC.

• @SimRacingCorner
      @SimRacingCorner  Před 11 měsíci +3

Unfortunately, console support is not simply something Moza can switch on. They have to seek permission (so not guaranteed) and negotiate with Sony/Microsoft, and pay licencing fees for the privilege. It's the same reason why many brands of DD wheelbases aren't console compatible. It's entirely down to the console companies building closed systems, so they can monetise third-party peripherals.

• @supercededman
      @supercededman Před 11 měsíci

@@SimRacingCorner Many thanks for the clarification.

• @Greatgoku4
    @Greatgoku4 Před 11 měsíci

Is this better than logi pro?

• @SimRacingCorner
      @SimRacingCorner  Před 11 měsíci +3

There are a bunch of factors, so something I'll look to cover in a future video.

• @Greatgoku4
      @Greatgoku4 Před 11 měsíci +1

@SimRacingCorner understood. Other than the ecosystem and fine tuning software was just wondering if the g pro feedback quality is better or worse than the r12

• @SimRacingCorner
      @SimRacingCorner  Před 11 měsíci +2

The g pro does have a slim advantage in sensitively, picking up the nuisance of very slight FFB changes.

• @Greatgoku4
      @Greatgoku4 Před 11 měsíci

@@SimRacingCorner gotcha

• @mclarenformula5042
    @mclarenformula5042 Před 11 měsíci

They all need to make them so they are console compatible

• @B1G_UN1T
      @B1G_UN1T Před 10 měsíci

I think once they gain more of the market share they will pay Sony and Microsoft for the privilage