How to Replace Brake Pads - Ford Ranger T6

Sdílet
Vložit
  • čas přidán 26. 03. 2021
  • #howto #fordranger #brakes
    How to change brake pads on a Ford Ranger T6 (or pretty much all Fords and many other makes models).
    Easy step by step guide, so you can change brake pads at home yourself.
    Cheap universal caliper rewind tool:
    amzn.to/2MeBBZm
  • Auta a dopravní prostředky

Komentáře • 47

• @LothianValet
    @LothianValet Před 3 lety

Top tips and information there Davie.

• @SlaterGator
    @SlaterGator Před rokem

Your videos are incredibly helpful mate!! +1 sub.

• @manuelp9784
    @manuelp9784 Před 3 měsíci

Keep posting brother!! Great help!!! thank you

• @xj358
    @xj358 Před 3 lety

Great video. I might have been tempted to clean up that rough top edge of the discs with an angle grinder before refitting the calliper. Perfectly good discs end up becoming annoying with the surface rust and a slight top lip on the disc rubbing on the pads and calliper.

• @steveqo
    @steveqo Před 2 lety

Great vid

• @Brutus_Kennedy_Rutherford_III

I'm green with envy seeing that third pedal. I've got a 2020 and unfortunately in the US automatic was my only option- this will be my first automatic transmission since 2012. Fortunately I have an MX-5 to row through the gears during the summer.

• @insertnamehere4921
    @insertnamehere4921 Před 2 lety

Thanks mate

• @xlfive
    @xlfive Před 3 lety

nice tutorial and well explained Mate,

• @DetailingandtheBeast
      @DetailingandtheBeast  Před 3 lety +1

Cheers mate. Did you get a notification for this video, a lot messaging me saying that they havent again. CZcams is a pain in the ass for this just recently.

• @xlfive
      @xlfive Před 3 lety

@@DetailingandtheBeast no mate I was on CZcams and it was in the home page weird thing is I got notifications that you had replied

• @crazycressy7986
    @crazycressy7986 Před 3 lety

Dave this did not show in my feeds ,will catch up tomorrow

• @williamoldach717
    @williamoldach717 Před rokem

Can you post the torque values for the caliper and wheel nuts?

• @petemilliet9694
    @petemilliet9694 Před 2 lety

Great video, where exactly are you positioning the floor Jack to lift up the front?

• @DetailingandtheBeast
      @DetailingandtheBeast  Před 2 lety +1

As you don't need to get both front wheels off the ground at the same time, I jack up on the wishbone. Just to lift the single wheel enough to remove it. I make sure that they're is a resting axle stand under the front cross beam before I start just in case of jack failure.

• @petemilliet9694
      @petemilliet9694 Před 2 lety

@@DetailingandtheBeast thanks man, keep up the great videos of your truck

• @tomwestby
    @tomwestby Před 2 lety

Great video mate, what wheels and tyres have you got ?

• @DetailingandtheBeast
      @DetailingandtheBeast  Před 2 lety

I have a video on everything that I done to my Ranger. But they're 20" Sendel rey s35 wheels, with maxis bighorn tyres.

• @ant-ou9de
    @ant-ou9de Před 2 lety

Hi mate love the channel and your trucks lovley. I have the 2.2 limited and have just got a whistling whirling noise but only on acceleration have you any ideas or experiences on what that could be. It is 3 years old and has 25000 on

• @DetailingandtheBeast

Any engine management lights?
      Usually a vacuum leak could cause this.

• @ant-ou9de
      @ant-ou9de Před 2 lety

No mate

• @ant-ou9de
      @ant-ou9de Před 2 lety

Thats why i dont think its on the intake side of things

• @DetailingandtheBeast

@@ant-ou9de if its not a boost hose, then its possibly the gasket after the DPF. Relatively common and only a few quid from ford.

• @ant-ou9de
      @ant-ou9de Před 2 lety

Ok thats great thanks alot for your help will do a search where it is and have a look

• @rossawood5075
    @rossawood5075 Před rokem

The brake discs look as if the could do with a light machining or better still fit some dimpled slotted discs, faily inexpensive now, in Australia any way.

• @glen9115
    @glen9115 Před rokem

Good vid mate, but ditch the wheel brace and buy yourself a battery rattle gun to remove the wheel nuts. I promise, the best investment you will make.

• @jasondavies4887
    @jasondavies4887 Před rokem

Can't get the back pad back on😢

• @roryderbyshire4630
    @roryderbyshire4630 Před 6 dny

G'Day mate
    What is going on with all the rust.
    Cheers Rory

• @DetailingandtheBeast
      @DetailingandtheBeast  Před 6 dny

Clearly you haven't seen many Ford Rangers. They all do it!
      Surface rust only though so it's easily treated with something like Lanoguard, but it's a yearly task to keep up with it.
      Mine is actually in good order compared to most. Its just not really acceptable that Ford can churn out such rubbish quality work and get away with it.

• @roryderbyshire4630
      @roryderbyshire4630 Před 6 dny

Hi Mate
      yes i have a 2017 Mazda BT50 and it has no rust in it. It has 175000 ks on it.
      Cheers Rory
      thanks for you reply

• @trevorbelmont4633
    @trevorbelmont4633 Před 11 hodinami

Do new brake pads squeel?

• @DetailingandtheBeast
      @DetailingandtheBeast  Před 10 hodinami

Not on mine. These have been spot on to be fair. A little more dust on my wheels than I'd like, but stopping power they're really good.

• @trevorbelmont4633
      @trevorbelmont4633 Před 10 hodinami

@@DetailingandtheBeast thats T6 so that means the rear are also drum brakes?.. man.. i just went twice to the shop they say my brakes are fine and laready finished two cans of 500ml brake cleaners, but now i think my drum brakes are squeeling.. I cant say it the front(caliper) coz they just replaced them with new pads..

• @DetailingandtheBeast
      @DetailingandtheBeast  Před 7 hodinami

Front pads can squeeze if no grease was used on the mating side of the pad.

• @scottferris7235
    @scottferris7235 Před 3 lety

Lot of rust under the vehicle kid...!! Could do with some under body seal! Screwfix £6.50 a can.....really good stuff.

• @DetailingandtheBeast

Link me please Scott. It's something I have been meaning to do this winter.

• @scottferris7235

@@DetailingandtheBeast it’s really good because not only does it cover and perform really well.....it’s give the under carriage a good looking Matt black finish. I did all under my truck when I had it and even done it to my new car!! Just don’t get it on your paint! You will be really impressed so thank me after you’ve done a video on it! 👍🏼

• @scottferris7235

@@DetailingandtheBeast oh....and 2 cans will do your whole truck!! 👍🏼

• @DetailingandtheBeast

Is it the hammerite stuff at 6.89??

• @scottferris7235

@@DetailingandtheBeast yeah that’s the one..! It also comes in a tin which allows you to paint it on but I prefer the can!

• @ChanceCS
    @ChanceCS Před rokem

DUDE JUST GONNA FLEX A CRISP PAIR OF ADIDAS AND NOT ADDRESS IT?

• @xltsport
    @xltsport Před 3 lety +1

Great video ! Deffo looks easy enough vs paying stupid money to the stealership
    Two quick questions
    Do you find the brake pedal and brakes normally spongy? Or a bit of brake travel before brakes kit in? I have had mine to Ford three times since they done the brake pipe recall and it’s still got a spongy feel and a bit of travel on the pedal
    Secondly - do you find the Brembo pads better than oem?
    Cheers

• @DetailingandtheBeast
      @DetailingandtheBeast  Před 3 lety +2

Brembo pads are all good up to now, no squeaking etc which I was actually worried about. They feel really sharp, but that is expected given how bad my pads were 😂
      I can't say I've noticed a lot of travel in the pedal to be honest.

• @xltsport
      @xltsport Před 3 lety +1

@@DetailingandtheBeast cheers mate