Video není dostupné.
Omlouváme se.

Should you buy a T7?

Sdílet
Vložit
  • čas přidán 17. 08. 2024
  • Hey, guys! In this video, we discuss the visceral feel of the T7, how it compares to others, and whether you should buy one! Enjoy!
    For info on our training tours, check out www.bfeadventures.com

Komentáře • 42

• @MacawAviculture
    @MacawAviculture Před 6 měsíci +3

After 50+ years of riding, I love my 2017 KTM 1090R for fast pavement and easy off-road trails, and my 2023 KTM 350 EXC-F for difficult/technical off-road rides. I firmly believe in a two-bike minimum. Great video, thanks for sharing!

• @davidsonneman1121
    @davidsonneman1121 Před 6 měsíci +2

Right on the money. Hope your channel grows. Drag race those two bikes. You might be surprised at the outcome. Had my T7 on the Alvord desert with some buddies on 690/701. We decided to race them for fun. Same power T7 100lbs more weight, didn't matter.

• @bfeadventures
      @bfeadventures  Před 6 měsíci

Thank you! Stay tuned for the direct comparison!

• @danstevens2204
    @danstevens2204 Před 6 měsíci +1

Yep she’s a rear steer and I love it. Rear tyres not so much…

• @hsscha
    @hsscha Před 6 měsíci +1

Appreciate this review as you're someone who's ridden this extensively and not for 1 day

• @frank_jk
    @frank_jk Před 6 měsíci +1

Great overview! I got into ADV a few years ago and have been riding a Gen 2 KLR. It’s fine, and a great platform to learn on, but I’ve found it lacking on the freeway getting out to the mountains. I’m really looking at the ‘24 T7 as an upgrade. Thanks!

• @bfeadventures
      @bfeadventures  Před 6 měsíci

Thank you! Enjoy the new T7! I know you will!

• @MrRplo
    @MrRplo Před 6 měsíci +1

Nicely done - very few unbiased reviews/discussions regarding capabilities of their bikes. Looking forward to the 690 video.

• @stevenvandenhoek4580
    @stevenvandenhoek4580 Před 6 měsíci

Couldn't agree more about the 890 vs T7. I haven't ridden them, but I have been on many trips with friends riding them - and the 890 always outperforms the T7 offroad. I know the T7 owners will scream foul - but I have picked up way more T7 than 890's.

• @Jamesandmaddie
    @Jamesandmaddie Před 6 měsíci +1

Great video man have a T7 and been looking going to 690 or AJP PR7. Only suggestion is breaking the video up in segments on the timeline

• @bfeadventures
      @bfeadventures  Před 6 měsíci +2

Thanks, man! Still figuring that stuff out 😅

• @PetterIvarsson
      @PetterIvarsson Před 6 měsíci +2

I rode the AJP PR7 and liked it a lot more than the 690. More torque from the bottom, no fuzzy electronics, awesome ergonomics both sitting and standing, nav Tower with installed navigation system included and fantastic suspension. A more complete package overall.

• @Jamesandmaddie
      @Jamesandmaddie Před 6 měsíci +2

I myself am leaning toward the AJP PR7. It seems to be a complete out of the box enduro ready for everything. Where I would have to build out a 690.@@PetterIvarsson

• @PetterIvarsson
      @PetterIvarsson Před 6 měsíci

@@Jamesandmaddie I dont really understand your question because my bad English but for me to buy an 690 I would install bigger tank, better seat, get rid of emission crap, install nav Tower if you get what i mean 🙂❤️

• @pinkiewerewolf
    @pinkiewerewolf Před 6 měsíci +1

I have a 22' 890 Adventure but the Standard model. It's been great in the 11K I put on it this year. Great on the road and OK at moderate off-road stuff.
    I'm just scared of the tech and that's why I keep looking at the T-7. I'd sacrifice those comforts on the road for a simple yet capable bike.
    I had a Pan America and a 1290 SA-R. The tech left me stranded too many times on the Pan Am, the 2018 1290 was just huge and I'm only 5'8".

• @bfeadventures

There is definitely a drop in the "excitement" factor of the engine, but the T7 is a fantastic bike. If you are looking for simplicity, you will love it. Just note that the weight distribution will feel dramatically different!

• @pinkiewerewolf
      @pinkiewerewolf Před 6 měsíci

@@bfeadventures Thanks for the information. I appreciate it. 👍

• @dowithheart
    @dowithheart Před 5 měsíci

Could you please do a video comparing between AT and T700?🎉 thank you so much!

• @bfeadventures
      @bfeadventures  Před 5 měsíci +2

Absolutely! My two favorite ADV bikes I’ve owned! I’ll film it within the week!

• @Ghost1361
    @Ghost1361 Před 6 měsíci +1

Maybe an odd comparison but older 990 adv vs newer T7 as first adv? big bike vs middle weight? Working on an older KTM vs Yamaha reliability? price? Just curious about first thoughts if you saw these two side by side. Great video!

• @bfeadventures
      @bfeadventures  Před 6 měsíci +5

Thank you! That’s a great question! I have not owned a 990, but have spent considerable time on one!
      To compare - the 990 is definitely more exciting. I’d argue the suspension is better as well. As a first ADV bike, I think the T7 would be more friendly and useable - and therefore for fun for a newer rider in the ADV segment.
      Another downside to the 990 is parts availability is going to continue to dwindle. They are solid bikes though and have proven reliability through the years.
      You can’t go wrong with either, but I’d pick the T7.

• @jonr3891
    @jonr3891 Před 6 měsíci +2

Why do you think a T7 is better on-road than a (gen 3) KLR?
    I ride mostly on-road, and my off-road riding doesn't get too gnarly. I have a CB500X with Rally Raid mods, but I'm 6'1" and it just doesn't fit me very well.
    I'm shopping for a used bike that won't break the bank, and the T7 and gen 3 KLR are at the top of my list. Thanks for the great content! 🍻

• @bfeadventures

Thank you! Simply put - a twin will almost always have better road characteristics. It will be smoother and have a lot more punch to pass cars (almost twice the power). A T7 can cruise at 85 where the KLR is almost topped out at 85.
      Now I’m speaking to highway riding. On backroads, the difference would be smaller, but you would definitely enjoy the power in the twisties. Just my $.02! You can’t go wrong with either bike. They are both great. I just think the T7 is better.

• @bfeadventures
      @bfeadventures  Před 6 měsíci +1

I LOVE the CB500X by the way! Think of the T7 being just as smooth - but taller, faster, more comfortable, AND better off-road by a large margin.

• @jonr3891
      @jonr3891 Před 6 měsíci

thank you! @@bfeadventures 🖤

• @pauldavies5541
      @pauldavies5541 Před 6 měsíci +2

I’ve owned at gen 3 and a T7. The T7 is 100x better on the road!
      I KLR is ridiculously slow and vibrates like crazy.

• @314adv
    @314adv Před 6 měsíci

Great review. I have always been a fan of the thumpers, but would consider the T7 or 890 if I was to go up to the twin. Why did you choose the T7 over an 890?

• @bfeadventures
      @bfeadventures  Před 5 měsíci +1

Great question! I chose the T7 for a few main reasons - If I wanted rowdy, the 690 can be rowdy. That would be my main reason for the 890. Secondly - the price - it’s hard to argue the VALUE of a T7 for the price. Thirdly maintenance and ownership cost - I already have an orange bike taking my money. I don’t need two! 😂 Lastly - the T7 is a much more approachable bike for buddies and trainees to ride.
      If I could only have one bike though and I planned a couple longer trips - It would probably be the 890.

• @user-iz6lz8tc2r
    @user-iz6lz8tc2r Před 5 měsíci

How much the t7 is a sacrifice comper to africa twin or super tenere... for touring?
    Can it handle 2 up for long days?
    My current adventure bike is the dr200.
    I love light and small. I have a road bike.
    But, if i can have something more comfortable for long days on the freeway, with some ability to go offroad, that will be nice.
    I hate big bikes... but for the highway, my zx9r, is king...
    For offroad the dr200 is king....

• @bfeadventures
      @bfeadventures  Před 4 měsíci +1

I have comfortably taken the T7 5.5 hrs one way. It's touring capabilities are definitely there. Compared to your DR - it will feel like a BIG DR on the highway with better wind protection. Compared to your ZX9R, it will feel like a slower recliner. Overall, If your are looking to add a touring bike whose primary job is LONG street miles and occasional light off-road, I'd go bigger. If you are looking for something fun on and off road with occasional LONG days, the T7 will be just fine. 2-up, I personally think the T7 suspension will be very stressed with luggage and 2 people for long distances.

• @user-iz6lz8tc2r
      @user-iz6lz8tc2r Před 4 měsíci

@@bfeadventures thanks 😊

• @davehartsock9106
    @davehartsock9106 Před 6 měsíci

Hey Alex,
    Great video, thanks for sharing. So a am about your weight 170-175.
    I am 5’-10” 200 lbs with full ridding gear. If Bryce isn’t an issue, would you go with the Touratech or Rally Raid after market suspension? My goal is to do more off road than on road riding. Just subscribed, keep up the good work!

• @bfeadventures

I don’t think you can go wrong with either one! I personally have experience with Touratech. They make a great product, so I would probably go that route. That is just me personally though.

• @davehartsock9106
      @davehartsock9106 Před 6 měsíci

@@bfeadventuresThank you for your reply. I will let you know which direction I go in.

• @alessandro519
    @alessandro519 Před 6 měsíci

Can I ask you what kind of proteggerà do you wear during your rides?

• @bfeadventures

it really depends on the type of riding I’m doing. If I am doing more adventure, bike stuff, I will wear just a Klim Badlands jacket, helmet of course (AT950), some Klim Dakar pants, and motocross boots. If I am riding, very aggressive, I will also wear a neck brace and knee braces. I personally have the Alpinestars fluids.

• @alessandro519

@@bfeadventures thanks! I’m trying to find out what to buy and what to leave on the shelf but it’s hard to decide ! Especially for knee protection. I have a pair of pants with knee protectors inside but I don’t trust them so much cause they move around

• @bfeadventures

@@alessandro519 I am definitely a bigger fan of actual knee guards that you slide onto your leg inside of your pants. I will not discuss whether you should get guards or braces. There is all kinds of controversy there. However, if you are concerned about protection, I would not rely on theprotection woven into a pant. They are almost never where they need to be when you fall.

• @alessandro519

@@bfeadventures yea, I definitely agree with you. Proper knee protectors are better. I already had a black knee for a few weeks after a fall. I feel like Knee braces are”useless “ for what I understand. If you twist your leg they can probably save your knee but the hip will absorb the impact.
      Thanks again for your help