Fujifilm X-H1 "short" 2023 Review: Is It More Than A Bigger X-T2?

Sdílet
Vložit
  • čas přidán 8. 09. 2024

Komentáře • 16

• @nigelpurkiss5340
    @nigelpurkiss5340 Před rokem +3

My ‘new-used’ one previous owner (shutter count 6933) X-H1 is the polar opposite of the Leica rangefinder kit it replaced. I’ve used Leica digital M series since 2013. On the rare occasion stars aligned, results were just magical. But, a lot has changed in ten years. I’ll go out on a limb and say had I known of the X system in 2013, I really wouldn’t have bothered with Leica. APS-C vs full frame, I thought would be a climb down. While no fair comparison should be made between them, especially the build quality and heft of Leitz lens, the excellent range of Fuji options busted that myth. I appreciate we’re not comparing apples with apples. I don’t regret the move one bit. The X-H1 is a formidable camera and totally relevant in 2023.

• @uncertainrelease
      @uncertainrelease  Před rokem

Absolutely. I don't see myself moving from the X-H1 anytime soon. So far, it has overcome all of my needs, and there is still much room to grow.
      Even cameras like the X-H2 don't seem that appealing to me considering the price they command, for how much I got my own X-H1

• @davidfromdownunder
    @davidfromdownunder Před rokem +5

I am in the same boat as you mate, I've owned the XT2 since new over the past 7 years and was about to upgrade to the XH2 although I am purely a stills man with Weddings / Portraits / Events & landscape being my semi pro use whilst travel & street I plan to use my XT2 as a go to. In my opinion the XH2 is WAY overkill for my purposes, the only reason I may want to go down that path is for the AI autofocus (eye / face / animal / car / train / plane) etc in which half of those subjects I wont shoot anyway. Great video, very informative and it has helped me to come to a decision of exploring an upgrade without the need for a 40 meg mirrorless beast.

• @uncertainrelease

Ayy, cheers then! The more people this video helps, the happier I am!
      If you want a more meaningful upgrade from the X-T2 though (as ultimately the X-H1 has the same capabilities, IBIS and larger grip aside) maybe looking into an X-T4 might be a good compromise.
      You get most of the benefits that the X-H1 has (better EVF, IBIS, you're lacking on the properly shaped grip, but the small rig grip extension (not the rig cage) costs like 30 bucks and fixes all the problems from what I've seen). You also get a much welcome larger battery and still retain the vertical grip option, unlike the X-T5.
      It's right in the middle between the X-H1 and X-H2 in terms of price too, so it could be a decent option for someone that wants a more accurate eye / face autofocus. I'm not really bothered by it on the X-H1 as I use those fujis like DSLR cameras with old school zone focusing and tracking autofocus similar to 3D tracking on my Nikons. I'm only jealous of the extremely sticky tracking box autofocus on those new Fuji bodies tho!
      Only reason not to go for an X-T4 (other than price) would be the different battery format which is definitely a pain if like me you intend on still using the X-T2.

• @TheAlexstam7
    @TheAlexstam7 Před rokem +4

I had X-T2, sold it for X-H1 and after some time, i went back to X-T2.
    For me the weight and size played a big part as i would not take the X-H1 with me as easily as the X-T2 in everyday walks.
    As for pros of the X-H1, i liked the shutter spring mechanism much more and also the stabilization was very nice in low shutter shots.

• @uncertainrelease
      @uncertainrelease  Před rokem +2

That was my primary concern going into this as well! As much as I rave about a larger grip and a larger camera (if you've seen my videos about Nikon cameras), I also like a smaller body with a small lens to go into walks and for travel, doing street photography or whatever the instance where a smaller camera would be beneficial.
      As said in the video, I only got the X-H1 because I was able to keep the X-T2 as well, if I had to sell it in order to get the H1, I would have lacked a smaller body.
      Thanks for the kind words !

• @AnthonySmith-sc4zs
    @AnthonySmith-sc4zs Před 3 měsíci

I bought the xh1 with the extended battery grip, xf16-80mm f4, and 3 batteries for $750 before tax. I feel like I got a great deal. This is my first interchangeable lens camera and I’ve been using it like crazy. The only thing I’ve noticed is it seems to struggle in low light even with IS turned on. My only thoughts on this is my lens is f4 so I ordered a 50mm f1.2 and hopefully the low light pictures will improve.

• @Bob-ls7uf
    @Bob-ls7uf Před rokem +1

Great informative video. Liked and subscribed. Would like to see some more of your landscape work with the X-H1 as I thought the Images you showcased were very Impressive. 🙂

• @uncertainrelease

hey there, you can go check my instagram page, there is certainly more of my work there!
      (I've been meaning to change the intro as I don't really use Twitter for my photography work anymore, but hey, you can still find my IG page in the "About" tab)

• @pedrosanchez4035
    @pedrosanchez4035 Před 5 měsíci

Nice one thank you 🙂

• @Overtorange
    @Overtorange Před 7 měsíci

My biggest issue with most Fuji cameras is that even with the grips you can buy, they have always felt too small. I feel like I’m claw gripping the cameras. My favorite camera in terms of ergos is the Nikon F5, and I wish Fuji would make more cameras with deep grips like the one that camera has.

• @tomislavmiletic_
    @tomislavmiletic_ Před 10 měsíci

I have both, I bought both of them brand new. However, I bought the X-H1 during the fire sale with grip, batteries and SD card for only $999.
    Love them both for different reasons, and I didn't get any new Fuji X camera since.
    By the way, I guess you DO have the option to control the X-T2 the same way you showed here, and that option is too buried somewhere in the menu.
    It wouldn't be the stupidest idea in the world to also check your's X-T2 firmware...

• @uncertainrelease
      @uncertainrelease  Před 10 měsíci +1

My X-T2 has the very last firmware released (aka v4.40)
      On the X-T2, you have the option to set the ISO dial's Auto position to "Command" and then control it with the front dial, but there is no such option for the aperture ring. So technically, yes, I can control my X-T2 the exact same way I can on my X-H1, however it requires you to have a lens without an aperture ring.
      So, though possible, most of my lenses have aperture rings and it is therefore not possible.

• @michaelc821
    @michaelc821 Před 10 měsíci +1

Want to see the camera

• @uncertainrelease
      @uncertainrelease  Před 10 měsíci

do you want to know how the X-H1 handles and functions (= the point of this video) or do you want to see the X-H1 and nothing else?
      I'm not an unboxing channel, I'm sure there is a lot of videos if yo just want to see the camera. Besides, I actually show the camera quite a bit in this video, from a comparison X-T2/H1, X-H1/D2H, menus,... If that's not enough I'm sorry but I won't give you more.

• @thepirateshoots
    @thepirateshoots Před rokem

Here's another owner of xt2, kept it for years besides newer models