"The Apprentice" Telephone | Jacob Jensen T3

Sdílet
Vložit
  • čas přidán 30. 01. 2020
  • In this video I take apart and repair a device made famous by the BBC's "The Apprentice" programme. It's a classic from the highly respected Danish designer, Jacob Jensen, who won numerous awards for his work. He is especially well known for his designs for Bang and Olufsen.
    Since recording, I noticed that the ringer in the TV programme has a different cadence. I suspect the phone was hanging off a theatrical ring tone generator in the studio. These can usually be set for UK (2 short) or US (1 long) ring... Or they just "fixed it in the edit"!
    There is a blog post to accompany this video on my website: www.retroworkshop.uk/jacob-je...
  • Věda a technologie

Komentáře • 13

• @simonbaker9983
    @simonbaker9983 Před 2 lety

Brilliant, I’m now crackle free. Many thanks

• @bernardocaca8479
    @bernardocaca8479 Před 4 měsíci

Very nice 👍

• @jameswalker199
    @jameswalker199 Před 4 lety +3

That has got to be the most sleek phone I've ever seen! Johnny Ive should be taking notes!
    It's always amazing to me that most problems with electronics can be fixed with simple tools and a good clean.

• @chinosts
    @chinosts Před 4 lety +2

Very interesting... Thanks for posting!

• @fehercsongor7091
    @fehercsongor7091 Před 2 lety +1

Wow, when I saw that phone I knew I needed one, so I just ordered one. I don't even have landline, but I just can't resist that beautiful design. Edit: Thanks for the heart! :D I really enjoyed the video by the way, I enjoy watching interesting repairs like this. I subscribed immediately.

• @michaelrussell2181
    @michaelrussell2181 Před 4 lety +1

Very good, cheers!

• @mrcrtking
    @mrcrtking Před 3 lety +1

I've got 2 x Jacob Jensen Telephone 50, Phones and neither ring, I've got a telephone system in my house (LG GDK-34i) the handset symbol on the JJ T50 display lights up and blinks indicating its receiving the ring cadence, but if I pick up handset it never answers and phone calling it still has the ring tone in handset, hand both up, pick handset up on JJ T50 get dial tone, dial an extension number of valid phone it will make a call work fine as a place call phone, occasionally the JJ T50 will ring / work once then not for ages, both exhibit this, the ring generator is sticking out 25 HZ & 80v RMS, all other analog phones ring, its bizzar that both have this issue, tried on my home phone line, same issue, any ideas?

• @RetroWorkshop
      @RetroWorkshop  Před 3 lety

Hard to say... What country are you in? Strange that they exhibit the same behaviour on your home phone line as well as the phone system.

• @kakkunkk
    @kakkunkk Před rokem

Did you reconnect all the phones in the house again after fixing this phone? Was your broadband speed affected at all?

• @blokprintzprintwithpaint972

Hello, mine has crackled for ages, and now screen is blank and the phone rings, but picking up the handset does not connect me to the caller, nor can I make outgoing calls. I took it apart to see of anything was loose/broken, but everything looked fine to my untrained eye. All reassembled, and can I send it to you for mending?

• @RetroWorkshop
      @RetroWorkshop  Před rokem

Fraid not. These can be picked up relatively cheaply on eBay for much less than I would charge you to fix it.

• @blokprintzprintwithpaint972
      @blokprintzprintwithpaint972 Před rokem

@@RetroWorkshop That's where it came from - crackling and now failing. I've emailed you to ask for cost of mending.