etrailer Trailer Brake Controller 7-Way RV Upgrade Kit Installation - 2020 Ford Transit T250

Sdílet
Vložit
  • čas přidán 22. 08. 2024
  • Click for more info and reviews of this etrailer Trailer Brake Controller:
    www.etrailer.c...
    Check out some similar Trailer Brake Controller options:
    www.etrailer.c...
    Search for other popular Ford Transit T250 parts and accessories:
    www.etrailer.c...
    www.etrailer.com
    Don’t forget to subscribe!
    / etrailertv
    Full transcript: www.etrailer.c...
    Hey everybody, Ryan here at etrailer. Today on our 2020 Ford transit, T 250 we're going to be taking a look at and showing you how to install the ETBCL kit, which is gonna give you a seven way connector as well as a four way flat connector on the back of your trains. So the whole purpose of this kit is to provide you with not only a seven way round connector, but also a four way flat connector. So it's really convenient. These are the most common types of trailer hookups. And with these transits being used primarily for work at least some ones that we get in the shop it's gonna be great to have both these options that way regardless of what type of trailer you hook up to you're going to be able to plug it in to the back of your transit.
    Now, I will say a lot of these transits do come in the shop here and they want brake controllers installed. And if you want to use a traditional style brake controller one that mounts in the dash, you will need the full ETBC7 kit to get that done. But there's some pretty cool things out now specifically the Curt echo it's a wireless brake controller and all it needs is power. And this kit is going to give us that. Since we have our turn signals our tail lights, our brake lights, but since we run power from the battery to here it also gives us that 12 volt signal.
    So here is this Curt echo that I mentioned and these are becoming more and more popular. It's actually wireless. So you're going to be able to control this from your mobile device and all that technology has really come a long way. These work very well. And so all you're going to have to do do you want to go this route is plug it into your seven way and then plug your trailer into the end of it.
    So it's super simple and way less invasive than your traditional style brake controller. Especially if you have multiple tow vehicles pull us out, switch, them around and not be restricted to just one vehicle. There is something I do want to mention. And for this kit to actually work, you are going to need existing four pole flat wiring. So in our case our customer today put on the Tekonsha four way wiring.
    It's probably my choice as well. I'm a big fan of those, and this is going to plug in to that existing four pole wiring. And then you're just going to have to run your power wire up to the battery. And that's going to allow you to have that 12 volt output here. The kit does come included with this bracket here where your seven way connector itself, mounts too which is really convenient. But I will say, depending on what type of hitch you have you may have to use an additional bracket. Like in our case here the hitch doesn't have a bracket already attached to it. It's not really a big deal. I just used a no-drill long bracket that connects the hitch. That way we can connect this one to it. And everything's easy to get to and nice and secure. So at the end of the day this is a really convenient way to not only have your seven way round type trailer connector but also your four way flat connector not to mention too also gives you that ability to use a wireless type brake controller in the future. If that's what you need to do. So kind of a good all around package here. As far as the installation goes, it's really not too bad. As I mentioned, the four way flat connector just plugs into your existing wiring. And then you're going to have that one power wire. You need to run up to the hood. So that probably takes the most amount of time but everything's pretty straight forward. It's really nothing too confusing about it. But with that being said Why don't we go ahead and hook this up together now So it's beginner installation. I went ahead and mounted up our bracket here. So the kit does come with this one where our seven way connects but it doesn't come with this one here that actually goes to the hitch. But from there, we can take our seven way connector harness and mount it to the SUD bracket. So feed all of our wires through. And what you're going to do is just take the bolt push it all the way through. And then on the backside, you can take a flat washer a split lock washer, and a nut. Let me get off all four corners, hand tight and then I can come back and snug them all down. Once you have all of them in there, hand tight you can take a three-eighths wrench, hold the back of the

Komentáře • 1

• @MichaelScarchilli-M4Marketing
    @MichaelScarchilli-M4Marketing Před 11 měsíci

How do you wire a 7way plug while USING the Blue and Yellow wire on a 2020 transit without factory wiring? Could i use the C56327 module and adapt to to say a 57674 7 way plug and just tap into the reverse light with out damaging the BCM ?