Wide-Angle Lens Composition with the Samyang 12mm f/2 AF and Fujifilm X-T4

Sdílet
Vložit
  • čas přidán 30. 07. 2024
  • In this week's video, I visit Jeju Island for a week with my wife and get in a few sunrise/sunset shoots along the way. I discuss how I approach composition with a wide-angle lens; in this case, the new Samyang 12mm f/2 AF for Fujifilm. This is the first part in a two video set, so do get subscribed so you don't miss the next video.
    Gear from this video:
    Fujifilm X-T4 - amzn.to/33b2iEp
    Samyang 12mm f/2 AF - amzn.to/3HVzJwH
    X100V - amzn.to/3GNlPet
    Haida M7 - amzn.to/3HW8vWv
    M7 CPL - amzn.to/3sKfQSP
    My Current Gear List:
    Fujifilm X-T3 - amzn.to/3jdBSY2
    Fujifilm X-T4 - amzn.to/33b2iEp
    XF 18mm f/1.4 - amzn.to/3B62rqq
    XF 23mm f/1.4 - amzn.to/3mYuKRG
    XF 33mm f/1.4 - amzn.to/3cKfh41
    XF 35mm f/1.4 - amzn.to/2EG2nq4
    XF 50mm f/2 - amzn.to/3jh9FzG
    XF 56mm f/1.2 - amzn.to/3jiwEKU
    XF 10-24mm f/4 - amzn.to/3cBOXrO
    XF 16-55mm f/2.8 - amzn.to/33dis06
    XF 50-140mm f/2.8 - amzn.to/2S7G1AV
    XF 55-200mm f/3.5-4.8 - amzn.to/3rGSQmq
    Laowa 9mm f/2.8 - amzn.to/2S782Zt
    X100V TCL - amzn.to/3hu9yk4
    GFX 100S - amzn.to/31bzGsW
    GF 45-100mm f/4 - amzn.to/3jdAKUi
    GF 110mm f/2 - amzn.to/2GfLxig
    GF 63mm f/2.8 - amzn.to/3nb8gO8
    Haida M10 - amzn.to/3icDz6L
    Godox AD200 - amzn.to/2MdBrBo
    Godox Xpro Trigger - amzn.to/3tLj20z
    Photek Softlighter - amzn.to/391Oheg
    Godox XPro-F - amzn.to/2ThYjA5
    Westcott Orb - amzn.to/2P7RaU2
    NiSi X100 Filter Kit - amzn.to/2S7FnDv
    My Social Media:
    / dylangoldby. .
    / fragments.dg
    / dylangoldbyp. .
    My Newsletter:
    www.dylangoldby.com/newsletter/
    Timestamps:
    0:00 - Introduction
    1:03 - Looking for Compositions in Sagyeri
    5:49 - Sunset shoot
    8:18 - Morning Shoot Bust
    11:07 - Final Tips and Slideshow
    Links here are affiliate links. I'll get a small kickback (at no cost to you) if you decide to make a purchase.
    Music Used Here:
    - C4C - Enjoy
    - Provided by Lofi Records
    - Watch: • C4C - Enjoy
    - Download/Stream: fanlink.to/ThePursuitOfSimpli...

Komentáře • 27

• @ozuidema
    @ozuidema Před 12 dny

Nice vid as always, Dylan. Really like your channel. The Samyang lens may not be perfect, but I find myself coming back to it often; it’s small, light and fast and I like the rendering; colours are full and saturated, without being garish. Works well for b&w, too. And good sunstars.

• @jmrjmr3446
    @jmrjmr3446 Před 2 lety +1

I watch quite a few photography channels and yours is one of the most underrated. You have excellent content and great, practical advice. The slide shows at end really cements that you are not just a talker but a doer with first rate images. Personally, I like the blue hour last image best. It really conveys the quietness of the scene in a dynamic way.

• @DylanGoldbyPhotographer
      @DylanGoldbyPhotographer  Před 2 lety

I really appreciate you stopping by and leaving this thoughtful comment. That final image is actually the topic of my next video! I hope you'll come back and see the process of creating that, as well.

• @johnaufiero7950
    @johnaufiero7950 Před 2 lety

The extraordinary effort you make in the perfection of your videos is noticed and most appreciated.

Thanks, John! I'm still trying to figure out all the bits and pieces. There's a lot I'd like to improve. It's quite a steep learning curve!

• @ohjajohh
    @ohjajohh Před 2 lety

I'm considering buying this lens, love the Jeju footage!

• @shy-guy5544
    @shy-guy5544 Před rokem

Very interesting and informative. I will be touring S. Korea soon and will be using my xt3 and 14mm lens.

• @watersignphotography
    @watersignphotography Před 2 lety

Very informative and enjoyable!

• @terettl
    @terettl Před rokem

Your Korean pronunciation is just so perfect 👍 love this content. What did you use for your walk-around vlogging set up?

@DylanGoldbyPhotographer  Před rokem +1

20 years living here... I'd be a bit of a failure if I couldn't say a few words! My walk-around "setup" is a GoPro. Nothing more, nothing less. Very simple or I'd never do it.

• @ericchouinard8075
    @ericchouinard8075 Před 2 lety +1

Very well. Personally I use my old Tokina 11-16mm DX f2.8 for this type of focal length (with my X-T4).

• @unstanic
    @unstanic Před 2 lety

With my GFX100S I find myself manually focusing a lot of the times. Would love to see a video on focusing in general. For manual focus, would like to know your thoughts on settings and tips on how to assist and achieve better manual focusing and how to best combine AF with MF. Also, would be really nice to showcase where you place the focus point in different photos of yours to achieve the desired depth of field. Thanks!

@DylanGoldbyPhotographer  Před 2 lety +1

Personally, I have never found the need to manually focus using the GFX, so I'm probably not the right person to answer this. I know a few people who work with adapted lenses and they all swear by the focus peaking settings.
      In terms of where to focus, I'll try to remember to mention it when on location in future videos.
      Thanks for watching, as always.

• @unstanic
      @unstanic Před 2 lety +1

@@DylanGoldbyPhotographer Thanks!

• @yiojung
    @yiojung Před 2 lety

You have been to Jeju. welcome.

• @ruudmaas2480
    @ruudmaas2480 Před 2 lety

The 16mm f2.8 hasn't be used a lot last year. Is it perhaps also an option to use a wide angle lens when there isn't a lot of dynamic light (dull day), this by putting the emphasis on the foreground. For example when there is enough color and or texture difference between the front mid and back of the composition.

@DylanGoldbyPhotographer  Před 2 lety +1

That's EXACTLY what I'm talking about in the next view from this trip... the weather was awful on the final few days.

• @user-lu2er5qn5h
    @user-lu2er5qn5h Před 2 lety

Thang you for good view.

• @jeffreynolds2190
    @jeffreynolds2190 Před 2 lety

1080p ??

• @MrLeopan
    @MrLeopan Před 2 lety +1

Do you get 12mm on the fuji xt4 or is there a crop factor that converts to an angle of 18mm?

Not quite sure what you mean, Frank. Are you wanting to convert this to a full-frame equivalent field of view?

• @MrLeopan
      @MrLeopan Před 2 lety

@@DylanGoldbyPhotographer what is the width of view you get with the 12mm on the fuji xt4?

• @amitkrupal1234
      @amitkrupal1234 Před 11 měsíci

Dude it's an 12mm APS-C Lens yes you get 18mm of Full frame equivalent field of view

• @perryvalton4245
    @perryvalton4245 Před 2 lety +1

I was thinking you look like cult leader in that outfit😎