Spektrum - Student & Instructor Modes - Wireless Buddy Box - Teaching New RC Pilots with SUS & T28

Sdílet
Vložit
  • čas přidán 24. 07. 2024
  • bprc.me/UltraStick
    bprc.me/T28
    bprc.me/Tx
    Help Us
    www.BrianPhillipsRC.com
    bprc.me/Patreon
    bprc.me/PayPal - brianphillipsrc@gmail.com
    bprc.me/HorizonHobby
    bprc.me/TowerHobbies
    bprc.me/Amazon
    bprc.me/BuddyRC
    bprc.me/RTLFasteners
    bprc.me/Solar
    Tx & Rx
    bprc.me/Tx
    bprc.me/Rx
    SMART
    bprc.me/SmartCharger
    bprc.me/SmartBattery
    GLUE | CA | KICKER | FOAM2FOAM | SUPPLIES
    www.brianphillipsrc.com/supplies
    bprc.me/VoltageAlarm
    bprc.me/Servo
    bprc.me/Forceps
    bprc.me/LED_Kit
    bprc.me/Iron
    bprc.me/Mics
    HORIZON
    bprc.me/RealFlight
    bprc.me/PlaneStand
    bprc.me/330S
    bprc.me/230S
    bprc.me/150S
    bprc.me/150FX
    bprc.me/InFusion180
    bprc.me/A10
    bprc.me/AeroScout
    bprc.me/AirTractor
    bprc.me/Apprentice
    bprc.me/Beechcraft
    bprc.me/CarbonCubS2
    bprc.me/CZ_Cessna150
    bprc.me/CZ_Cub
    bprc.me/Cherokee
    bprc.me/CirrusSR22T
    bprc.me/CitationLongitude
    bprc.me/Commander
    bprc.me/Conscendo
    bprc.me/Draco
    bprc.me/Duet
    bprc.me/EC1500
    bprc.me/Eratix
    bprc.me/Extra300
    bprc.me/F14
    bprc.me/F15
    bprc.me/F16
    bprc.me/F18
    bprc.me/F4U_Corsair
    bprc.me/Fw190
    bprc.me/Habu
    bprc.me/Maule
    bprc.me/Opterra
    bprc.me/P39
    bprc.me/P47
    bprc.me/P51
    bprc.me/PT19
    bprc.me/Pitts
    bprc.me/Radian
    bprc.me/RV7
    bprc.me/SportCub
    bprc.me/SU30
    bprc.me/T28
    bprc.me/Timber
    bprc.me/TwinOtter
    bprc.me/Ultimate3D
    bprc.me/UltraStick
    bprc.me/Ultrix
    bprc.me/V900
    bprc.me/V1200
    bprc.me/Valiant
    bprc.me/Vapor
    bprc.me/Viper
    FMS
    bprc.me/FMS_A10
    bprc.me/FMS_ASW17 | bprc.me/HH_FMS_ASW17
    bprc.me/FMS_BAE_Hawk
    bprc.me/FMS_Beaver | bprc.me/HH_FMS_Beaver
    bprc.me/FMS_F4U_Corsair | bprc.me/HH_FMS_F4U_Corsair
    bprc.me/FMS_Flash
    bprc.me/FMS_Fox | bprc.me/HH_FMS_Fox
    bprc.me/FMS_Futura
    bprc.me/FMS_Moa | bprc.me/HH_FMS_Moa
    bprc.me/FMS_P40
    bprc.me/FMS_P47
    bprc.me/FMS_P51
    bprc.me/FMS_PA18
    bprc.me/FMS_PC21_Pilatus | bprc.me/HH_FMS_PC21_Pilatus
    bprc.me/FMS_Pitts | bprc.me/Pitts
    bprc.me/FMS_Rafale | bprc.me/HH_FMS_Rafale
    bprc.me/FMS_Ranger | bprc.me/HH_FMS_Ranger
    bprc.me/FMS_SkyTrainer | bprc.me/HH_FMS_SkyTrainer
    bprc.me/FMS_SU27_J11
    bprc.me/FMS_T28
    bprc.me/FMS_Yak130 | bprc.me/HH_FMS_Yak130
    bprc.me/FMS_Zero
    TOWER
    bprc.me/TH_ASW28
    Arrows
    F15 bit.ly/33BP9Xs
    F4U Corsair bit.ly/3mCrjRJ
    F86 bit.ly/3rdtttV
    BAE Hawk bit.ly/3pSmp4v
    Bigfoot bit.ly/3oyKrlz
    Edge bit.ly/3dt9rUT
    Hawkeye bit.ly/3dvC0AW
    Husky bit.ly/32lxCCu
    P51 bit.ly/3bgcH8l
    Pioneer bit.ly/3GhbN5w
    Prodigy bit.ly/37zJxzt
    T33 bit.ly/3DuVOPp
    Tecnam bit.ly/3wVIqUk | bit.ly/3CYD2TY
    Trekker bit.ly/34jhgLZ
    Viper bit.ly/3uinxlD
    Marlin bit.ly/3AThncQ
    Dancing Wing
    PT17 bit.ly/3H5B3Nu
    Storch bit.ly/3iZsatV | bit.ly/3LSYT0y
    Stick 14 bit.ly/3y2HWLU
    XFly
    A10 bit.ly/3oUxF10
    GlaStar bit.ly/3BwE9Xx
    J65 bit.ly/3EpgpoR
    Sirius bit.ly/3apzHhf
    SU27 bit.ly/3PqTIpK | bit.ly/3QGqa8G
    T7A bit.ly/3oLy7ic
    Dynam | OMP bit.ly/3mcU0Ew
    E110 bit.ly/3yVniit
    E120 bit.ly/3OOmlOi
    E160 bit.ly/2DXmEGU
    E200 bit.ly/3RemwEd
    K123 amzn.to/2EerkpG | bit.ly/3PKg5r6
    K124 amzn.to/3bqGF9F | bit.ly/34BaZXP
    FW200 bit.ly/3LVXu9Q
    ASW28 bit.ly/2VlLtBm | amzn.to/3A8D5bS
    Phoenix Evo bit.ly/3Q4gSU4 | amzn.to/3nX4okg
    A380 amzn.to/3OviGE3
    747 amzn.to/3EREOVC
    787 amzn.to/3J3Fppx | bit.ly/2y3C1e9
    Spitfire bit.ly/3smaEWE
    BF109 bit.ly/3rlrUen
    T28 bit.ly/3398xse
    F4U bit.ly/3h3OhNI
    P40 bit.ly/3OTlUSK
    P47 bit.ly/30hZiqN
    P51 bit.ly/2JQDtDj
    F16 50mm bit.ly/3Kga0Av
    F18 50mm bit.ly/3mm9xSY
    #rc #airplane #training

Komentáře • 90

• @AL-RCjunkie
    @AL-RCjunkie Před rokem +14

That's quite a bit of pressure, flying with an audience. Good thing Dad's there for support. Great job Caleb and Andrew!! 👍

• @briancostales6709
    @briancostales6709 Před 4 měsíci +2

Brian you have a great Chanel and I enjoy all your videos and thank you for being such a great ambassador for the Rc Community and helping the hobby grow keep up the great work

• @BrianPhillipsRC
      @BrianPhillipsRC  Před 4 měsíci

Thanks Brian! We appreciate the kind words, and really do work hard to represent well. This hobby is worth fighting for!

• @eddieksrc
    @eddieksrc Před rokem +10

Brian I can’t tell you how proud I am that you are teaching your boys how to fly and have fun with their Daddy! You are making memories that they will never forget!

• @AL-RCjunkie
    @AL-RCjunkie Před rokem +6

And look out, Camera Crew! Andrew's got some of Mom's talent behind the camera! Nice job, everyone!
    It's great to see you all- well, 2/3s of you ALL😊- outside and having fun.
    Thanks so much for sharing this with us 👍

• @tiqueman97
    @tiqueman97 Před 2 měsíci

Brian, what a great video, not only the "how to" but having the Family involved and "The Camera Crew" got some screen time with flight bonus. The look of concentration and determination on Calebs face is priceless. Andrew flew great, I see him taking over Dads channel in no time! Just a great video all around. I actually searched your channel for buddy boxing because I made the mistake of purchasing a 6 and out-grew it in 4 months and just got a 10. Bonus, now I have a TX to get the other half flying to build her confidence. Thank you for all the great videos!

• @pabloaguilar7352
    @pabloaguilar7352 Před měsícem

Great job Brian!! The kids will be doing better and better with such a good instructor!. Greetings from Argentina!

• @twincam825
    @twincam825 Před rokem +1

Brian thanks for getting younger generation in hobby it is a great hobby.

• @michaelemmert9732
    @michaelemmert9732 Před rokem +2

This was so great to watch. Spending time together as a family in a fun hobby that everyone can enjoy. Even if everyone doesn't enjoy flying, having fun together as a family is something that is becoming lost in a world full of phones and tablets. Kiddos to Meghan and you for raising such exception kiddos! 👍

• @andrewosborne8337
    @andrewosborne8337 Před 10 měsíci +2

Hey Brian, you have given me the inspiration to learn to fly RC with my 2 boys. Thanks for the great content!

• @BrianPhillipsRC
      @BrianPhillipsRC  Před 10 měsíci

AWESOME! Glad we've reached you. This is something you can share with your kids, and you'll all love it together!

• @russc3288
      @russc3288 Před 5 měsíci

Good for you.

• @randallandrews120
    @randallandrews120 Před rokem

You're a great teacher.
    Really enjoyed this vid.

• @crazyaces9586
    @crazyaces9586 Před rokem +3

You guys rock.... family represents very well in a hobby I love . Way to showcase it for all to love ! Thanks for sharing 👍👍 ❤️ 👏👏

• @Tallguysrc
    @Tallguysrc Před rokem +3

Cool that you are getting the family involved :)

• @Mfullen09
    @Mfullen09 Před rokem +1

I truly love the content that y’all bring to us! You two are truly a joy to watch interact with each other. Thank you Brian and Camera Crew as well as your kids for bringing us this content to enjoy. You are, in my opinion the best RC channel around hands down! Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

• @budsimpson973
    @budsimpson973 Před rokem +3

Great job. At our club we use an AeroScout for training. So far this year we have trained 10 girl/Boy Scouts to the point of soloing. We start in safe and progress to advanced modes. They then advance to foamy, and low wings. It is fun to pass on the skills to the younger generation.

• @waynemiller6070
    @waynemiller6070 Před rokem +2

❤ good job getting the entire family involved!

• @kabusby
    @kabusby Před rokem +1

when flying at yourself, the wing that is low you need to prop it up, so move sticks toward low wing to prop it up. like a table with a short leg you stick something under short leg to level the table.

• @tabdycollins
    @tabdycollins Před rokem +1

Brian, I've been doing this but I only have the instructor's TX with the aircraft on it. The student TX does not need the aircraft. Saves a lot of hassle. I find it easier to use a switch rather than constantly holding the button. If I move a stick I instantly have control then I move the switch back and forth and control returns to the student. I'm teaching my 6yr old grandson.

• @BrianPhillipsRC
      @BrianPhillipsRC  Před rokem

Thanks for the tip! We just figured out this feature, that admittedly, we should have figured out years ago - I guess, better late than never ;)

• @foehammergaming309
    @foehammergaming309 Před 10 měsíci +1

What an awesome video. I have 2 young boys I just started to teach them how to fly. Luckily these new planes make it so much easier. And love your videos.

• @BrianPhillipsRC
      @BrianPhillipsRC  Před 10 měsíci

Thanks, and glad you're with us! Gotta get the kids going, even if the government wants to make it harder...the heck with them...we'll just ignore them or comply, but I sure as heck not gonna be quitting!
      Keep at it. This is a tough sport, but once you're hooked, it's a life-time-habit!!!

• @foehammergaming309
      @foehammergaming309 Před 10 měsíci

@@BrianPhillipsRC Do you really think they are going to stop us from flying small planes like 400mm even. I feel like I need to go out and buy a bunch of planes just in case. Pretty sad. If you ask me.

• @user-bc1xf8xr9j
    @user-bc1xf8xr9j Před rokem +2

I just started flying last month. Bought a few planes from someone who retired from the hobby. Your videos are helping me understand many aspects of the planes and associated gear. Been looking for transmitter info. Good timing. I'm a video producer. Creating consistent content isn't easy. Keep up the good content. Thanks

• @BrianPhillipsRC

Thanks for the kind words, and glad to hear you're getting value out of our effort!!!

• @EJ-74
    @EJ-74 Před rokem

Very cool, love the buddy box set-up. 👍

• @roblongerman8148
    @roblongerman8148 Před rokem

Awesome job everyone that was a great video to watch. Thank you guys for giving us your time it is much appreciated!

• @cg5469
    @cg5469 Před rokem

Perfect plane for this the "SUS" is such an amazing everything plane! Never discount it's abilities or how much fun it is to fly :) THANK YOU!! for this video I really think so many families would enjoy flying if they ask for help, visit a local field and "buddy box" , or teach others just like you have. It really is an amazing hobby for families to get into! Thank you Phillips Family :) One Note: My stock "chicken sticks" broke and the replacements from E-Flite have lasted 40 landings w/out fail. PRO TIP: Wet the end of the landing gear before inserting to notched click. They will go in super simple/smooth.

• @thomasjohnson6669
    @thomasjohnson6669 Před rokem +1

Very timely. I am getting ready to teach my grandnephews (age 6) to fly RC and I have set up the Student/Instructor function on my Spektrum DX8. I was looking for a good example of what the Instructor should say to the Student. This was a great video.

• @oldscratch3540
    @oldscratch3540 Před rokem +2

Great job you guys!!!

• @erichoenderop1142
    @erichoenderop1142 Před rokem +1

Nice to see you doing this Brain !!!
    Great job - both you Caleb and Andrew!
    Also good job of the camera crew and pilot Meghan!

• @stevendegiorgio3143
    @stevendegiorgio3143 Před rokem +2

When the plane is coming toward you just move the stick toward the low wing, think of it like using you hand the raise the low wing.

• @infinateexpress3321
    @infinateexpress3321 Před rokem +1

Little man fly better than me. Good Job

• @GregoryC21
    @GregoryC21 Před rokem +2

A GREAT rule to remember for when the plane is coming TOWARDS you: just push the aileron stick in the direction of the LOW wing. That will level the plane.
    So if the plane looks like this \ push the stick to the RIGHT to get it back to level.
    If the plane looks like this / push the stick to the LEFT to get it back to level.

• @oldscratch3540
      @oldscratch3540 Před rokem +1

Wow, no kidding?

• @oldscratch3540
      @oldscratch3540 Před rokem +1

Just think how much better I will be from this advice. Darn it, thank you soon much b

• @cowboy9999
    @cowboy9999 Před rokem

It’s so cool to see the whole family Brian ! Megan flew great but I knew she would, lol . Better watch out you’ll be the camera crew Brian 😂 Thanks for letting us meet your family ,,, enjoyed it a lot….Phillips family ROCKS

• @gazza4230
    @gazza4230 Před rokem

Bless you and your family guys it’s such a great hobby that the whole family has fun, my ten year old son is practicing for being my camera man we have done one and we both learnt things but well done boys and Megan big salute 🫡 , Gaza 🇬🇧

• @matthewsilicki6091
    @matthewsilicki6091 Před rokem +1

Thanks for the video. It’s so ironic, though I was just talking to my son about a point that you brought up in the video that probably most people didn’t even pay attention to. While they are really fun and my son does have one those littletiny warbirds. That are ready to fly with auto leveling are not a great tool for teaching. Even though my son can fly it, it’s very apparent that they are very hard to control if the technology stops working or if it starts losing power. Therefore planes like yours or the Aeroscout are a way better option.

• @Steven-ef3us
    @Steven-ef3us Před rokem +1

God clean family fun

• @tomgiorgini9154
    @tomgiorgini9154 Před rokem +1

good video , great job meaghan

• @Bloodyguts75
    @Bloodyguts75 Před rokem +1

That is very cool!

• @BrianPhillipsRC
      @BrianPhillipsRC  Před rokem +1

It really is, and you NEED to come down here and fly with me. I'll spend the weekend with you, if you want. It's NOT that hard if you have help, and even if you live in a wind-tunnel, as you have alluded in the past, you can fly different planes in the wind.
      Just pack up my "Fasha" (Dan) and drag him over when you get together to buy another pinball machine. P.S. I need to get his contact info from you some time, since I'd like to hit him up...just not here, for obvious reasons
      DO IT

• @airhammer6203
    @airhammer6203 Před rokem +1

PhillipsFamilyRC.......Hmmm?
    This is one of your best videos.
    AirHammer out!!

• @joseadorno9376
    @joseadorno9376 Před rokem

Excellent Brian!! You are a good father😊 👏

• @calimark7448
    @calimark7448 Před rokem +1

Awesome!

• @rlbutterfield
    @rlbutterfield Před rokem

Excellent video. It sounds like you now keep both instructor and student TX turned on. Back in the day (when I was instructing) the student TX was always turned off. I am about to take on a new student, with newer equipment, so this video was very informative for me. Thank you, Brian and family. 👍🏻🙂

• @Bill14886
    @Bill14886 Před rokem

Brian this is a very cool & as usual very well done video. Nice looking family. 😊. 1st comment 17 min into video. Can’t wait to see camera crew have at it . 🎉

• @michaelbara959
    @michaelbara959 Před rokem +1

Cool video. Thanks for sharing.

• @SafetyThirdRC
    @SafetyThirdRC Před rokem

Great content.

• @Truthstillmatters2
    @Truthstillmatters2 Před rokem +1

Nx does work with the Dx. I have a NX10 and I buddy box with my older DX6.

• @RonHansen-vi5ug
    @RonHansen-vi5ug Před rokem

Hey Brian Great! video with the family just what you always say about the hobby. I have the T 28 1.1 & NX8 because of you.
    So I take it you will have a video coming out showing how to setup Landing flaps /Take off flaps. I would like that on my plane.
    I kind of wish I would have gotten a NX10 ?
    Thanks

• @Killerplanes
    @Killerplanes Před 11 měsíci +1

I love telling students “You have it” about 10 seconds after I hand the controls over. Fun! And Good Lord- those are your kids?? You start at 15 or something?

• @BrianPhillipsRC
      @BrianPhillipsRC  Před 11 měsíci

LOL - I know we are OLLLLLLD...but it feels like just yesterday they were little babies!!!

• @paul340mopar
    @paul340mopar Před rokem

Great Video for Training....So do your Kids ever call their Mom "Camera Crew"?....😀😀

• @marktadlock5428
    @marktadlock5428 Před rokem

30 years ago immet a gret guy who would fly helicopters at Redding University, and he buddy boxed with me for me to learn how to fly my 30 scale helicopter. Back then there was no safe modes.

• @hugoenriquez2558
    @hugoenriquez2558 Před 7 měsíci

When your boy landed and pointed the plane towards you I saw 2 different things. 1 your boy saw the opportunity to get back at dad 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. 2nd Brian jumped out of the way but left his son behind.....lol🤣🤣🤣🤣

• @notoo7
    @notoo7 Před 4 měsíci +1

I broke down and bought the IX14 to add to the NX 8 and 10. Blaming it on you 😂 You should have received the battery pads at your POB.

• @BrianPhillipsRC
      @BrianPhillipsRC  Před 4 měsíci +1

Nice! We just got the package - Thanks! Don't you love our shelf-liner?!?!? ;)
      So you use these on battery trays or on the battery themselves?

• @notoo7
      @notoo7 Před 4 měsíci

@BrianPhillipsRC I do but I like these better. Give 📷 Cameea Crew back her liners 🤣

• @notoo7
      @notoo7 Před 4 měsíci

On the trays. Can't stand anything but a date label on my batteries. Little OCD 😅

• @johnsonriofriosanchez5623

hola muy intuitivo tu video gracias cuando puedas hacer un video para configurar aletas 👍

• @user-cg7ps6mm4b
    @user-cg7ps6mm4b Před rokem

Megan Romberg when flying towards you push the stick to the wing that’s down . Soo renber in youtpr head PICK UP,THE WING THATS DOWN. CHEERS Clive in Devon UK. Practice as much as you canon the real thing. Out in the sky .

• @robertchapman7773
    @robertchapman7773 Před rokem +2

Such a great video Brian. This is to me what it is all about.
    Just getting back into the hobby so I can introduce my grandsons to the Hobby.
    Is there anyway that you could doone of you excellent all inclusive videos on how to use the Spektrum transmitters properly. I have 2 NX8's for the boys and an Ix14 for myself.
    I am having problems understanding how to use them . I even printed out the 365 page Ix14 manual , 3" binder. Even at that I get lost.
    Im sure a lot of other COVID joiners can use your help also.
    Many thanks and keep up the great videos
    Cheers
    Poppa Bob

• @BrianPhillipsRC
      @BrianPhillipsRC  Před rokem +2

Some of my best memories are working on RC planes with my grandpa before he passed. What an amazing hobby to share with them!
      The manuals are overwhelming at best. My recommendation would be to pick a few planes (something you already have or are interested in) and just watch though the radio setups. I know they are long and tedious, but you'll see the step-by-step process and start to pick up on the key features you want and start to learn the terminology.
      If you're not sure where to start, I'd watch these:
      AeroScout 1.1m - czcams.com/video/vfZZQXx7jU4/video.html
      Apprentice 1.2m - czcams.com/video/DTKN5-M5v5Y/video.html
      Ranger 1.2m - czcams.com/video/DS8Plx6-i9k/video.html
      A variety of RTF (Ready to Fly) and PNP (Plug and Play) radio setups would really give you a good overview. Hope that helps! Best of luck!

• @robertchapman7773
      @robertchapman7773 Před rokem

@BrianPhillipsRC Thanks Brian, your right, the memories are the most important. I'll check out your suggestions.
      All the best
      Poppa Bob

• @nick_doutrnz_entertainment

I may be getting old, but I swear I couldn't see the telephone lines that would be along the road. Help me understand, Brian!!! Am I losing my mind?

• @HciContractor
      @HciContractor Před rokem

They paid to have them put underground a few months ago.

• @paul340mopar
      @paul340mopar Před rokem +1

They had those buried awhile ago.

• @mush14ka
    @mush14ka Před rokem

Love the video! I wonder can you have a DXS as a student? I have one from RTF plane and also I have NX10.

• @doubler1274
    @doubler1274 Před rokem

💯💯💯💯💯💯

• @KILLA-J
    @KILLA-J Před rokem +1

At 1:07:49 . . . is that a ladder in the background . . . and if so, why is there a lamp in the middle of it . . . once again, nice video - thank you & happy flyin'!

• @BrianPhillipsRC

YES, it's a ladder. We DO go up there. We made a carpeted spot up there for the kids to play, and it's fun!!!
      We actually featured it here - czcams.com/video/XbrFMeBsVkc/video.html

• @KILLA-J
      @KILLA-J Před rokem

Very cool! Any chance of an indoor racetrack with FPV on tiny cars? I've seen some setups that were very impressive - you're the kind of guy who could make it happen and it would be epic!

• @bobroska38
    @bobroska38 Před rokem

I'm wondering what Brian Phillips is going to do when the FAA mandated remote ID requirement goes into effect in September? All us club member fliers will be flying at a FRIA.

• @rafaeltorres2886
    @rafaeltorres2886 Před rokem +1

My hobby shop only helps me ring up my item.
    They won't answer simple questions.

• @Killerplanes
    @Killerplanes Před 11 měsíci +1

And guess what woman has never touched RC sticks? Starts with a D…

• @jansrensen6987
    @jansrensen6987 Před rokem

hi brian you begins to sucks thing abouth it

• @BrianPhillipsRC

Not sure what you meant to say, sorry - wonder of "speech to text" slaughtered what you meant to say????

• @lorrainewilson7695
    @lorrainewilson7695 Před rokem +2

What a great video guys, it was so good to see Camera crew, Andrew and Caleb enjoying family time together, Meghan’s comments on orientation rang very true in our house, thank you. What’s the best way we can support you from down under?🦘

• @BrianPhillipsRC

It's such a great way to spend time together. Even though the girls don't fly, they enjoy hanging out outside together. We really appreciate you being here with us! If you'd like to support us, many of our Australia/New Zealand friends use Patreon or PayPal:
      bprc.me/Patreon
      bprc.me/PayPal - brianphillipsrc@gmail.com
      Thank you!!

• @lorrainewilson7695
      @lorrainewilson7695 Před rokem +1

@@BrianPhillipsRC we have become Ground Crew we wish it was more,onwards and upwards guys.

• @roofrat68
    @roofrat68 Před rokem

You should start classes on how to fly rc planes..just saying..I know I would sign in..