How I Set Up my New X-T5

Sdílet
Vložit
  • čas přidán 23. 07. 2024
  • In this video, I'll be running you through how I go about setting up a new camera. In this case, I'll be using the example of my new X-T5 cameras.
    X-T5 on Amazon:
    amzn.to/3H92wjR
    My Current Gear List:
    Fujifilm X-T4 - amzn.to/33b2iEp
    XF 18mm f/1.4 - amzn.to/3B62rqq
    XF 33mm f/1.4 - amzn.to/3cKfh41
    XF 35mm f/1.4 - amzn.to/2EG2nq4
    XF 50mm f/2 - amzn.to/3jh9FzG
    XF 56mm f/1.2 R WR - amzn.to/3UuK88y
    XF 10-24mm f/4 - amzn.to/3cBOXrO
    XF 16-55mm f/2.8 - amzn.to/33dis06
    XF 50-140mm f/2.8 - amzn.to/2S7G1AV
    XF 55-200mm f/3.5-4.8 - amzn.to/3rGSQmq
    Laowa 9mm f/2.8 - amzn.to/2S782Zt
    X100V - amzn.to/34bdwbn
    X100V TCL - amzn.to/3hu9yk4
    Haida M7 - amzn.to/30iszyD
    GFX 100S - amzn.to/31bzGsW
    GF 45-100mm f/4 - amzn.to/3jdAKUi
    GF 110mm f/2 - amzn.to/2GfLxig
    GF 80mm f/1.7 - amzn.to/3SmhdlY
    Haida M10 - amzn.to/3icDz6L
    Godox AD200 - amzn.to/2MdBrBo
    Godox Xpro Trigger - amzn.to/3tLj20z
    Photek Softlighter - amzn.to/391Oheg
    Godox XPro-F - amzn.to/2ThYjA5
    Westcott Orb - amzn.to/2P7RaU2
    NiSi X100 Filter Kit - amzn.to/2S7FnDv
    My Social Media:
    / dylangoldby. .
    / fragments.dg
    / dylangoldbyp. .
    My Newsletter:
    www.dylangoldby.com/newsletter/
    Timestamps:
    0:00 - Intro
    2:16 - Build Quality and Features
    4:12 - Technical Image Quality
    7:33 - Creative Image Quality
    10:20 - Conclusion and Slideshow
    Music Used Here:
    - C4C - Skip Town
    - Provided by Lofi Records
    - Watch: • C4C - The Pursuit of S...
    - Download/Stream: fanlink.to/ThePursuitOfSimpli...
    Links here are affiliate links. I'll get a small kickback (at no cost to you) if you decide to make a purchase.

Komentáře • 71

• @mikesmithch
    @mikesmithch Před rokem

Thanks for this. Very informative and helpful. Look forward to viewing more of your work. Keep it up

• @OnMyMemoryCard
    @OnMyMemoryCard Před rokem +1

Well done! Lots of great tips well explained.

• @peterknoester7480
    @peterknoester7480 Před rokem +4

Thanks a lot Dylan. You can put the joystick on edit. In stead of a double tap on the joystick you now have to press the disp/back button to re-center the focus-point.

• @DylanGoldbyPhotographer
      @DylanGoldbyPhotographer  Před rokem +1

Yes, I just found this out from Patrick over at Fujirumours. Unfortunately, our manual here hasn't been updated with that information. Thanks for chiming in!

• @londoncameraproject1141
    @londoncameraproject1141 Před rokem +2

Thanks for sharing your process Dylan. I've just got my XT-5 and it's a world away from my previous camera. You've cut a lot of rarely used items.

• @AaronGayah
    @AaronGayah Před rokem

Really liked this video.

• @tTLM823
    @tTLM823 Před rokem +3

Really helpful settings walk-through! Thank you for such an informative and straight-forward video.

• @edc5338
    @edc5338 Před rokem

This was very informative as I just got a XT-5.

• @artistwithcameras
    @artistwithcameras Před rokem

Mine is set to very different but I did learn something new. Thanks.

@DylanGoldbyPhotographer  Před rokem

What do you mostly shoot? What would you say is the biggest difference in the way you approach setting yours up?

• @JasonLawrenceNoel
    @JasonLawrenceNoel Před rokem

Thank you so much!

• @simon359
    @simon359 Před rokem +2

I hope to hear some review of the auto focus, especially shooting models and street. XT4 was very disappointing to me in this regard.
    I realize that I do a lot more speed shooting than a lot of street photographers who shoot by setting up a scene and waiting for somebody to walk through it. My style is more, see something & point the camera as fast as possible as not as not to miss the shot. 🖖

• @hansbarbarossa4613
    @hansbarbarossa4613 Před rokem +2

Thanks so much, Dylan. Really looking forward to your X-T5 review. I love what you do and I have always trusted your opinion.
    Do you think the new X-T5 is better than the X-T4? What is the main advantage of image quality when switching to a novelty?

Hi Hans! Thanks for watching. I'll definitely get to my thoughts on this question in my review. It's a bit more complex than just "yes" or "no". Stay tuned!

• @jamesclapp7433
    @jamesclapp7433 Před rokem

Thanks!

• @Koradian
    @Koradian Před rokem

Thanks for the great video, Dylan! I also have face detect set to a customized button. For some reason though the camera gives me no notification of wether or not this setting is turned on or off. The only real tell is the focus area locks onto a face if it is turned on. Is there a particular screen icon that should be displayed in reference to this setting? Thanks!

I think you'll need to turn that on in the display menu. You're able to add and remove icons from the screen under the DIPLAY CUSTOM SETTING menu.

• @chorton53
    @chorton53 Před rokem +1

I can double tap my joystick and the focus box will recenter itself. I'm not sure what I did to have this but for me it always worked.

• @chain.driven
    @chain.driven Před rokem +6

I don’t own a Fuji - I just like your accent.

• @josephschmitt
    @josephschmitt Před rokem +2

I'm also confused why you have to have the joystick set to "center" to be able to center it instead of just double-clicking, but you can get around it by hitting Disp Back which will re-center it as well. Lots of muscle memory to re-learn, though.

I learned this from another viewer, as well. Truly annoying. And, a lot of extra effort over doing it hundreds of times. I'm hoping the original method will return in firmware.

• @visualsbypreet
    @visualsbypreet Před rokem

Thanks Dylan, Yeah the quick menu is not quick anymore. I hope they come up with a firmware update and allow us to exclude the Custom Setting shortcut. Also I have one question, One push press of Menu/ok does not open up My Menu like the XT3, it defaults to the recent menu used is there a way to default open My Menu ?

The only camera I use the My Menu on is myy X100V, so I actually had to go and check this. I couldn't find a way to do it either. Might be another small change that Fujifilm has made to this camera. Have you managed to find a way since this comment was posted?

• @visualsbypreet
      @visualsbypreet Před rokem

@@DylanGoldbyPhotographer No I haven't found a solution yet, even with the new firmware update its the same

• @NOID027
    @NOID027 Před rokem

could you make a video just like this for the x100v please that would be really useful and appreciated, specifically for street photography / portraiture, thank you!

I could do that, for sure. The X100V is a little different as you're missing the d-pad. Most of the settings are quite similar since, as I mentioned in this video, I love to keep things simple and have all my bodies the same.

• @NOID027
      @NOID027 Před rokem +1

Thank you for your reply. I’ve watched your AP video and like you I like to keep things simple and allow myself to focus on getting the shot rather than changing too many of the settings. Would it work then if I were to just use the settings you use for this camera and add it to my X100V and then make any adjustments if necessary? or does the d pad change a lot?

@@NOID027 The D-Pad just means that you have to move your most used settings into the Q menu. It's basically a priority change.

• @user-jt1gn7hx5w
    @user-jt1gn7hx5w Před rokem

Excuse me, my X-T5 is in the AF-C continuous focus mode. When the shutter is half-pressed, the brightness of the camera screen will be relatively dim. When the shutter is released, it will be restored. Is there a setting error? Do you have the same situation, thank you for your answer.

• @MrDaddelpalme
    @MrDaddelpalme Před rokem

How do you deal with switching between photo and video on the X-T5? In my ideal scenario I would switch to movie mode and the shutter speed would be auto set to 1/48 and the iso would also be the number it was when I was last in video mode. The aperture is no problem for me as it is super fast to do that with the lens. Is that possible?
    I’m the type of person, that sees something wants to take a picture and afterwards capture the moment as a video.
    I struggle to do that with the X-T5. I don’t know if I do something wrong or the camera is just not built for that.

This is actually one of the things I'm going to talk about in my review when I finally get to making it. The X-T5 doesn't allow for that. The X-T4 is the better choice there.

• @louis5352
    @louis5352 Před rokem

It looks like you have had the XT-5 around 6 months. Are you planning to do a review of it soon? Thanks for all you do.

As soon as my busy season cools down. I've got my thoughts drafted and just need a moment to actually film it. Hopefully soon!

• @simon359
    @simon359 Před rokem

I noticed you have shoot without lens on. Doesn’t this jeopardize when cleaning the sensor?

• @ulyssessison9474
    @ulyssessison9474 Před rokem +2

Hey Dylan! Just wanted to ask if you experienced a false positive focus indicator. This happened to me and to other youtubers, who also discussed the issue, where the little box for focus turns green, but only to find out later that a number of those shots are out of focus or soft. It occurs when you have the XT5 in AF-C with Face/Eye auto tracking with focus priority release and AF+MF Off. I mean, we know Fujifilm doesn’t have good auto focus but it’s the false positive that’s killing us. Also, I took my XT5 for a shoot around Paris last weekend and a couple of times the camera just won’t focus. I had to switch it off and on to make it work again, did you have the same issues? Btw, I am using XF 33mm f1.4 WR and XF 16-80 f4 lenses.

Haven't seen anything like this on my end, yet. I'm about 5000 frames in on each camera. So far, so good in that respect. However, I rarely use AF-C with face detection, so I might not be the best judge of that!

• @ulyssessison9474
      @ulyssessison9474 Před rokem

@@DylanGoldbyPhotographer if I may ask, what do you use for focus when you are on a shoot especially when you have moving subjects?

• @EtienneBossot
    @EtienneBossot Před rokem

nice one Dylan. So can this camera actually focus? ;)

• @hansbarbarossa4613
    @hansbarbarossa4613 Před rokem +2

Hi Dylan.
    Sorry for disturbing you. If not difficult, please answer. Do you plan to do a review with your impressions of using the X-T5? Is it worth it to upgrade from X-T4 to X-T5, is there really a small increase in image quality, etc.? In advance, many thanks for your reply.

• @user-ip5bk7yq1e
    @user-ip5bk7yq1e Před rokem

Looking at the setup menu, I can feel the warm heat from the camera body after 5 minutes, is this a problem?

• @bh9262
    @bh9262 Před rokem

Which photo editing software do you use?

• @msturi2002
    @msturi2002 Před rokem

My double tap center focus works fine.

What are your joystick settings? Mine only works if the setting is on "centre", but then I lose the ability to change the size of it.

• @msturi2002
      @msturi2002 Před rokem

@@DylanGoldbyPhotographer I haven't changed anything as far as joystick. It came like that out of the box. I just checked and I am able to change the size of the box freely. It changes 6 sizes when I use the front wheel.

@@msturi2002 nice! I've already had to take one x-t5 back (broken joystick out of the box)... I might have to get these two checked as well.

• @msturi2002
      @msturi2002 Před rokem

@@DylanGoldbyPhotographer Oh no! : (

@@msturi2002 Checked in with a colleague here and his functions the same way mine does. We can't double tap to reset. There are a couple of other functions, like the format shortcut that are gone as well.

• @piotr.czechowski
    @piotr.czechowski Před rokem +1

Strange thing you said about menu of GFX - it almost the same :)

Not strange at all. The similarity is the problem. They've taken away a tile from the Q menu that is so useful.

• @piotr.czechowski

@@DylanGoldbyPhotographer can't you add that in custom menus?

@@piotr.czechowski My point was about the Quick Menu, not the My Menu.

• @piotr.czechowski

@@DylanGoldbyPhotographer in GFX you can change content of Quick Menu .. you can add or remove settings or change number of those are displaying. I bet you can do similiar in other Fuji cameras?

@@piotr.czechowski Hi Piotr, this is specifically to do with the upper left tile, which cannot be changed on the GFX 100S or X-T5. It is permanently taken up by a tile that Fujifilm assigns. Not all of their cameras do this, but these two do. Watch that section of the video again to see what I mean.