Installing The Ultimate Powertrain Into My 300ZX! | VG30-T56

Sdílet
Vložit
  • čas přidán 2. 06. 2024
  • New Website is LIVE!!! Support the channel and get yourself some sick Z32 merchandise! Designed by a Z32 enthusiast, for Z32 enthusiast!
    billybuilds.com/
    Join me in the garage as I bring my long-awaited VG30 build and Tremec T56 Magnum installation to life in my Z32! Today's episode is packed with valuable tips and tricks as I walk you through every step of this epic Z32 engine setup. From finishing up the fuel system, measuring the driveshaft, nailing down the shifter location, to seamlessly integrating the Bowler All-in-one wire harness into the chassis.
    This Setup Is comprised entirely of some of the best parts you can get on the market right now for the 300ZX! Transforming the forgotten VG30 into a 21st century powerhouse to be reckoned with! This car previously made over 700whp for about 3 years prior to pulling my engine after an unscheduled timing belt failure. I'm hoping that this setup should change the game for 300ZX's and set a new standard for these cars.
    📈 Subscribe for More Auto Awesomeness:
    If you're a fellow gearhead or just love witnessing automotive transformations, hit that subscribe button and ring the notification bell. Stay tuned for more high-octane content as I continue to push the limits!
    The complete Engine build video and details are here.
    • The Ultimate 300zx VG3...
    Instagram: / billyy_built
    Facebook: profile.php?...
    T56 swap here!
    merlinmachining.com/products/...
    Externally gated turbo manifolds!
    www.polarengineering.co/produ...
    Wanna support the channel and get some stuff for your own build that i enjoy using? Below are some affiliate links to check out!
    amzn.to/3XfvOTI Boost control solenoids:
    Efan setup: amzn.to/3pfewtt -Spal 30102049 16" Curved Blade Performance Fan , Black
    fan relay harness: amzn.to/3p4rytT
    amzn.to/3tCRHCf -1/4 Inch od Push to Connect Fittings Pneumatic Fittings Kit
    amzn.to/3H4HiCi - Elbow and Straight Combination 1/4 Inch Tube OD x 1/4 Inch NPT Thread
    amzn.to/3S7DTsW - Nylon push-connect hose
    amzn.to/3H4HzVQ - use these to adapt to a barb fitting for regular silicone hose
    amzn.to/3SlbIHa -Tilton Hydraulic release bearing
    amzn.to/48mBfFl - needed to go from the - 4an Tilton fitting to -3 on the chasebays hose.
    amzn.to/3RKFxPM - deutsch connectors for the wiring!
    amzn.to/3H7eetX - deutsch crimper!
    amzn.to/3OQmnrT - Lisle 81780 Carbide Scraper Set -
    amzn.to/3OQmnrT -Permatex copper spray
    Quinn 1/2" digital torque wrench -amzn.to/3NdbKOG - Mine is snapon, but if i had to get another this would be it.
    00:00 intro
    01:03 engine and transmission install
    07:40 driveshaft measurement
    09:18 fuel system
    11:52 Transmission Harness
  • Auta a dopravní prostředky

Komentáře • 43

• @focusedmindframe1320
    @focusedmindframe1320 Před 6 měsíci +4

I missed out on a 300 on cars and bids last week. Hopefully another will pop up soon. Dream Car ❤

• @hakinen4000
    @hakinen4000 Před 6 měsíci +2

Great video Billy. Love how you went in detail when wiring the transmission sensors. That's the type of info that truly helps. Can't wait to see the next updates

• @Billy_Built
      @Billy_Built  Před 6 měsíci +1

Thanks for recognizing that 😅
      I actually struggled to find much detailed info on the wiring( besides X wire goes to Y) , so everything I struggled to find, as painfully boring as it seems in the video, is necessary.

• @hakinen4000
      @hakinen4000 Před 6 měsíci

@Billy_Built IMO those are the details that make your videos worth it. So not boring at all. Thank you for doing that and look forward to more detailed info on the next update

• @z32akm70
    @z32akm70 Před 6 měsíci +3

I see it taking shape. If you do a live video for "first start up" I make sure I'm there, doesn't matter the time.

• @rudimerm7686
    @rudimerm7686 Před 6 měsíci

Amazing progress for a one man build team.

• @Billy_Built

Thanks!
      I do do all my own stunts😎 Engine assembly, Headwork, vehicle assembly, tuning, camera guy, editor. I think I Need to ask my boss for a raise.

• @JamieGuzmam
    @JamieGuzmam Před 6 měsíci +2

We installed my dads 300zx motor in 2 weeks ago and we got it running. But we installed the motor under the car with the subframe together including the transmission and down pipes . I think it was easier that way but bolting the frame was a pain in the rear since the bolts didn’t want to align with the frame but good thing it’s running

• @Billy_Built

That's actually my preferred way of doing it as well. But only with a lift.

• @JamieGuzmam
      @JamieGuzmam Před 6 měsíci +1

@@Billy_Built yeah u can only do it with a lift but it’s easier

• @stephaniemcfarland6339
    @stephaniemcfarland6339 Před 6 měsíci

Will be doing our Trans swap in a few months. Having a custom drive shaft made to pair the TT trans with my NA diff. Have everything else just sitting, waiting on FDA to have an open spot!!

• @Arizona9001
    @Arizona9001 Před 6 měsíci

Nice nice. I hope you keep that beauty running for a very long time. It’s insanely rare to see em on the road nowadays. Subbed

• @ADHD_Auto
    @ADHD_Auto Před 6 měsíci +1

Can't wait to see it running.

• @devons2gda
    @devons2gda Před 6 měsíci

You're the mam Billy!! My brothers and I are building up a Z32 that we're converting to single turbo and we plan on swapping to a T56 as well. Finding your videos to be very helpful! Keep up the great content please 🙏🏻 good luck with the rest of your build!

• @Billy_Built

Single turbo setups are becoming very popular! Excited too see more of them out there! Thanks for the kind words!

• @nomienoman9232
    @nomienoman9232 Před 4 měsíci

exciting! but man putting that trans in seems like a major PITA!!

• @Billy_Built
      @Billy_Built  Před 4 měsíci

Takes a bit of work to set up, but now that I've done it, it won't be bad. A lift would have made 10x easier though 😅

• @kennychau314
    @kennychau314 Před 6 měsíci

You were lucky that the input shaft line up with them plastic alignment tool..that tools give me nightmares and I have to use the transmission input shaft it self as an alignment tools..next time I just gone to buy the metal alignment tool.

• @Billy_Built
      @Billy_Built  Před 6 měsíci

I actually have the metal alignment tool. But it doesn't work with a twin disc clutch.

• @kennychau314
      @kennychau314 Před 6 měsíci

@@Billy_Built am doing an LS clutch so there a tool for it..I guess it doesn't work for the z because of diameter of pilot hole..

• @kfneely1
    @kfneely1 Před 6 měsíci +1

did you service the rack and pinoion while the engine was out???

• @Billy_Built

becaause it was just done a few years ago...

• @robertbloss4409
    @robertbloss4409 Před 6 měsíci

Word on the driveshaft if you are buying one where the diff end is a CV style joint, if its a standard universal joint this is not as critical. Before you bolt it up to the rear diff you need to grind/clearance away some of the flat flange area by every bolt. Essentially you need to increase the diameter a little next to every bolt hole so the grease cover on the end of the drive shaft does not get damaged. If you don't do this when you tighten it down it will dent the cover, break the grease seal, cover your entire bottom end of your Z, leak out all the grease, and damage the joint. Don't ask me how I know this..... In the end I eventually used a more traditional driveshaft joint styles (no CV joints) that eliminated the problem. Will be curious what your driveline angles will be. I had some trouble trying to get the angles I needed to get them symetrical (in tolerance). I had to put some shims on the trans cross member to get the angles somewhat close. Long term I think i will have to make some custom subframe bushings to move it up a little so I don't have to tilt the engine forward so much.
    Good to see the engine in. Very anxious for seeing your first startup.

• @Billy_Built
      @Billy_Built  Před 6 měsíci

I'm just going to get my current driveshaft modified which is just U-Joints, and will only need to be shorted a bit. Good to know though!

• @mattgrosse9036
    @mattgrosse9036 Před 5 měsíci

very nice on the t56 harness. Can you tell us specifically which one you bought? 7100000, 01, or 02?

• @Billy_Built
      @Billy_Built  Před 5 měsíci

Thanks! I got 7100000 since that's what matches my transmission.

• @malanne1
    @malanne1 Před 4 měsíci

Your channel is great! I’m new to 300zx ownership. I was wonder, why you didn’t have the turbos mounted forward like a few people that I have seen for easier access? And what are the pitfalls of mounting them forward?

• @Billy_Built
      @Billy_Built  Před 4 měsíci

Appreciate that! it would just be really complicated to put them up front. although it would be easier to access, with the new turbo setup I have going into the car with v-bands, it wouldn't be much more difficult. Also having to make custom turbo manifolds is A LOT of work.

• @malanne1
      @malanne1 Před 4 měsíci

@@Billy_Built thanks for the reply! Your information and your set up is sick. Keep up the great work. Best z32 content on youtube

• @bluetwirk300zx
    @bluetwirk300zx Před 6 měsíci

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

• @mattgrosse9036

curious how you are going to adjust your sikky shifter location? Merlin recommends the 7in shifter but i didnt think these were adjustable?

• @Billy_Built
      @Billy_Built  Před 5 měsíci +1

Ordered a thick sheet of aluminum that I'm going to cut to size and drill holes through. Pretty simple and straightforward. I'll probably show that in their coming video

• @mattgrosse9036

makes me wonder if the 6" sikky is a better option to begin with@@Billy_Built

• @nightvinev1
    @nightvinev1 Před 6 měsíci +1

i love the 300zx z32 it one of my fave cars but nissan really did just go fuck you you get no space to do anything when it comes to the engine bay

• @Billy_Built

Back in the '90s, absolutely, But there were plenty of other cars from that era that were just as bad.. By today's standards, They're quite easy to work on compared to most new vehicles. Not to mention like most '90s JDM vehicles they can be greatly simplified.

• @sergioramirez6767
    @sergioramirez6767 Před 6 měsíci

How do you afford all these goodies??? Trying to make more money to be like you my boi

• @seanmoody4987
    @seanmoody4987 Před 2 měsíci

You definitely do NOT have to drop the subframe noob, lmao🤣🤣🤣 z32 pro...

• @Billy_Built
      @Billy_Built  Před 2 měsíci

This particular setup you do..🫠