• Speed modeling of a T-62 medium tank.
    Music:
    Tobu - Hope [NCS Release]
    Codeko - Crest [NCS Release]
    Itro & Tobu - Cloud 9 [NCS Release]
    Lensko - Circles [NCS Release]
    Lensko - Let's Go! [NCS Release]
    LarsM - Lovers [NCS Release]
    I do not own any of these tracks, nor did I create them.
    Get Blender here: www.blender.org/
    Like, share & subscribe!
  • Krátké a kreslené filmy

Komentáře • 200

• @ArijanRace
    @ArijanRace  Před 9 lety +14

@Michael Hawthorne
    (i'm unable to directly reply to your comment for some reason)
    Thanks :) It was a week-or-two project. Obviously, I did the work on many different days, so i composed a lot of clips together. All of the clips are edited to 2000% speed, so the unedited version would be approximately 9.5 hours.
    @Michel Souza
    Thanks! :)

• @Joe11Blue
      @Joe11Blue Před 8 lety +1

+Mol3 qul Great work, and thank you for uploading it.

• @fuzzypenguino
      @fuzzypenguino Před 8 lety

+Arijan Congratulations on modeling this in half an hour. By the way, where did you store all of your video?

• @p.s.l7777
      @p.s.l7777 Před 7 lety

how did you make the tank foot or the lawfoot

• @The_Architect
      @The_Architect Před 5 lety

Where did you get the picture of the track links? I can't find a good one anywhere.

• @huahuawei8149
    @huahuawei8149 Před 7 lety +77

You could earn your living by going to work for a videogame development team! That work is AMAZING!

• @zigastrmsek2
      @zigastrmsek2 Před 4 lety

sadly it's not that easy :/

• @AbdulRasyidPangrango-qr9dt
      @AbdulRasyidPangrango-qr9dt Před 4 lety +2

@@zigastrmsek2 yes, if you dont complete the job, 3 time (blendering some stuff (1 week)). you will be fired.... and that's a stress job... veRY STRESS

• @zigastrmsek2
      @zigastrmsek2 Před 4 lety

@@AbdulRasyidPangrango-qr9dt Not... really... how it is

• @AbdulRasyidPangrango-qr9dt
      @AbdulRasyidPangrango-qr9dt Před 4 lety

@@zigastrmsek2 this job is very stressed, but i actully like it... XD that's why i survive

• @GegesOne
      @GegesOne Před 4 lety

@@AbdulRasyidPangrango-qr9dt do you really work at it?, What do you modeling?

• @santadelsantaclaus6184

imagine putting this in unturned! So cool, great job!!!!!!!!!!

• @frederikreich2515
    @frederikreich2515 Před 8 lety

beautiful detail work.

• @aesirknight9202
    @aesirknight9202 Před 8 lety

Just AMAZING, a bit disapointed at the very end, because no textures or animations, but really great .
    You guy are a very skilled modeler, i'm really impressed .

• @LAVSKIGAMECHANNEL
    @LAVSKIGAMECHANNEL Před 8 lety +20

Восхитительная работа! ))

• @ArijanRace
      @ArijanRace  Před 8 lety +11

+LAVSKI GAME Спасибо (google translate lol)

• @user-tx6my5zs5u
      @user-tx6my5zs5u Před 7 lety

Мир тебе! Это ты сделал?

• @user-tx6my5zs5u
      @user-tx6my5zs5u Před 7 lety

Ты подобрал ту музыку которая мне по нраву трижды))))

• @lunatic_3521
    @lunatic_3521 Před 7 lety +4

Jesus man what a model! Thats giving me Inspiration to work on my own projects :) i fail alot and started from scratch alot on my mig15 (a Jet) and im really new to Blender, but I hope I can improve every day :)

• @ArijanRace
      @ArijanRace  Před 7 lety +2

Glad to be an inspiration! Keep practicing & figuring out new features, you'll master them in no time :) Good luck with your projects

• @lunatic_3521
      @lunatic_3521 Před 7 lety +2

wow im back 8 months later and randomly hit this video again and this comment reminded me of my project x) i improved alot haha ill get my hands on it again today maybe even :D

• @arbazfarooquee5375
    @arbazfarooquee5375 Před 8 lety

i just started using blender and im amazed

• @3dxgrafic987
    @3dxgrafic987 Před 8 lety

Just AMAZING!

• @additiveartificer9365
    @additiveartificer9365 Před 7 lety

what a great model I have determination now

• @newflightvideos
    @newflightvideos Před 9 lety +41

This just represents a huge amount of willpower and diligence. It would be super hard for me to bring myself to model in such incredible detail. Great work! PS: Is this a game asset or something; is it paid work?

• @ArijanRace
      @ArijanRace  Před 9 lety +12

newflightvideos Thank you :) No, I did this as a personal project and for the youtube video.

• @pociopice
      @pociopice Před 8 lety +13

+Mol3 qul Just wow
      You had to be SUPER motivated to do such a incredibly detailed model just for you and YT
      Just my most sincere compliments to you

• @darkySp
      @darkySp Před 6 lety +3

Go for an all-nighter, watch some incredibly inspiring timelapse of a model and with enough coffee and power of deliriousness, you'll fail many times, but get onto something and continue from there. Worked for my 1911 and M249 that i did nearly a year ago. Somewhat...

• @BlenderIceCrystals
    @BlenderIceCrystals Před 8 lety +1

Wow! That's awesome! Great job! Could you make a video of some modeling tips you used? I saw some things you did and would like to know what keys you were pressing.

• @jack21712
    @jack21712 Před 9 lety

Holy Crap, that is unbelievable! Noice

• @invisiblecrumb2027
    @invisiblecrumb2027 Před 3 lety

you model so fast its incredible

• @robik8513
    @robik8513 Před 8 lety

awesome

• @joojosart7772
    @joojosart7772 Před 4 lety +1

Amazing!

• @overlordevill5305
    @overlordevill5305 Před 6 lety

Отличная работа!

• @user-cs4sy3gy4p
    @user-cs4sy3gy4p Před 8 lety +8

It's really good, and only 1 200 000 polygons) Like.

• @KarlooAudi
    @KarlooAudi Před 7 lety +2

I LOVE THE PART WHEN YOU SELECT PARTS OF IMAGE ITS SO SATISFYING!
    Edit: Make tanks and military vehicles for Arma 4 when it comes out :D

• @LORDSofCHAOS333
    @LORDSofCHAOS333 Před 7 lety

nice job

• @spaceman2202
    @spaceman2202 Před 3 lety +1

everyone is asking if this is a game asset, 300k+ verts.. no way. But great work!

• @erikpatak
    @erikpatak Před 9 lety

Do you have any tips for not creating triangles? Say if you move one vertex on a quadrilateral, it creates two triangles in the final render. How do you combat this? Is there a way to "snap" certain vertices or even new objects (in edit mode) to an edge or face?
    Thanks

• @r6anthonyr679
    @r6anthonyr679 Před 5 lety

Great project :)

• @bushcraftteddy9967
    @bushcraftteddy9967 Před 5 lety

Great work of art....a tip...if you download the movie you can watch it in VLC and slow it down....Helps alot but takes long time to watch

• @Tankwiper
    @Tankwiper Před 6 měsíci

I couldn't make turrets in Blender. I really like the idea of making it out of a circle.

• @havayou9453
    @havayou9453 Před 7 lety

nice

• @raghavsood6156
    @raghavsood6156 Před 6 lety

how did you manage to convert a 2D image into 3D prisms in blender?

• @Sithhy
    @Sithhy Před 6 lety

I know this video is a bit older but I gotta ask... Is adding this amount of intersecting meshes a thing you can do? I've been making a car for a game where stuff needs to be interconnected, but this video has me wondering about that type of stuff...

• @michelvsouza
    @michelvsouza Před 9 lety

you are the best

• @manosliolios8742
    @manosliolios8742 Před 5 lety

how do you copy and rotate the bolts so accurately without an array modifier?

• @banyuriga1441
    @banyuriga1441 Před 8 lety +2

Nice work, is difficult follow bad blueprints like in my case I have to make my tank again.

• @hiddenmustache6422
    @hiddenmustache6422 Před 7 lety +1

This is incredible, how long did you work on this?

• @AChannelNuclearrambo
    @AChannelNuclearrambo Před 8 lety

very very nice! imagine if you had a 3d printer :]

• @bushcraftteddy9967
    @bushcraftteddy9967 Před 5 lety

Where did you get the refererence pic for the tracks....? Been searching but not found any good ones...

• @pavelgrulich2989
    @pavelgrulich2989 Před 7 lety

How much space does timelapse like this take (MBs or GBs)?

• @1.1st
    @1.1st Před 3 lety +1

You are greaaat

• @nirmalapalazzari2624
    @nirmalapalazzari2624 Před 7 lety +1

Nice Skills :)

• @khash8556
    @khash8556 Před 9 lety

what are the shortcuts you used?
    i need them urgently

• @ohmfriestv1975
    @ohmfriestv1975 Před rokem

do you have a suggestion on were to get tank blueprints like this for modeling the parts to match , the pictures with above front and side photos ?
    love your videos , ive found a new interest here for sure keep it up

• @gerhardocardoso8342
    @gerhardocardoso8342 Před 6 lety

What is the option un blender for copy model from other picture?

• @V_ice
    @V_ice Před 4 lety +1

I love to watch ur vids while making my own stuff in blender for my roblox game lol.

• @ArijanRace
      @ArijanRace  Před 4 lety

That's very nice to hear, I'm glad you could take something from it!

• @ArijanRace
      @ArijanRace  Před 3 lety

I am soon uploading a tutorial about tracks for my latest tank and I will explain this too!

• @V_ice
      @V_ice Před 3 lety

@@ArijanRace damn u rlly took the time to find my comment to say just that damn respect

• @superstringcheese
    @superstringcheese Před 7 lety +1

What the hell man. Nice work.

• @slavicmapping6290
    @slavicmapping6290 Před 7 lety

Svaka čast

• @MrShinyFish
    @MrShinyFish Před 9 lety

How did you render it with the wireframe thingie? great job btw.

• @Liljoda
    @Liljoda Před 5 lety

The turret shape is a bit odd compared to the real one, although the hull looks really good mate. And yes round/casted turret shapes are hard to model your not alone ;)

• @bryanandersonmt
    @bryanandersonmt Před 7 lety +1

nice Model dude. I hve a question: How do you 'insert' that circle in the top of the turret (to make the cupola) and merge the vertices of the Turret and the circle without having to do it by each one of the vertices?

• @ArijanRace
      @ArijanRace  Před 7 lety +1

Using the Boolean modifier, I cut a hole in the turret then simply extruded the hole and created the cupola with that circle

• @bryanandersonmt
      @bryanandersonmt Před 7 lety

Arijan thanks dude!

• @serbianwarcriminal5686
    @serbianwarcriminal5686 Před 3 lety +1

hey what pic did you use for that model ive been trying to find pics that have the same size for the front and sides and cant find anything good, got any tips?

• @ArijanRace
      @ArijanRace  Před 3 lety

It's difficult to find good blueprints from all angles, you're lucky if you manage that. Otherwise, just eyeball it from different images from the internet. As long as you get reasonably close with the general dimensions, the small changes in detail dimensions won't be a problem

• @mickyr171
    @mickyr171 Před 5 lety

Just curious what the actual modelling time was?

• @neelmopozkin1464
    @neelmopozkin1464 Před 8 lety +2

It`s wery good work

• @rahulmaurya3886
    @rahulmaurya3886 Před 4 lety +1

M extremely bad at curves, any possible solution? Awesome video btw.

• @blenderstudent7389
    @blenderstudent7389 Před 9 lety

Any chance you can upload the actual video without the time lapse? If not on youtube then on any file sharing service maybe??
    Can you be so kind to upload the HMMWV tutorial too?

• @HailFire
    @HailFire Před 8 lety +1

Is there a download for this?

• @EcsMurphy
    @EcsMurphy Před 7 lety +1

130K, my dude cop on xD

• @daniileremeev1333
    @daniileremeev1333 Před 5 lety

What is the actual build time in hours or days?

• @johnausdemenon306
    @johnausdemenon306 Před 8 lety +1

How much time you spent for this work in real?

• @roby924
    @roby924 Před 7 lety

I wish you had a regular speed version of this to show us how to actually do it.

• @SmallerLives
      @SmallerLives Před 7 lety +1

Rob Go You can select the playback speed on CZcams, via the settings option at the bottom of any video. If you watch these tutorials at .25 they are pretty easy to follow. I hope that helps.

• @michaelhawthorne8696
    @michaelhawthorne8696 Před 9 lety

Awesome !!
    Got to be a months work there easy crammed into 27+ mins.
    How long was the unedited video?

• @HasxVoiks
    @HasxVoiks Před 6 lety +1

Do you do lessons?

• @h0st_le960
    @h0st_le960 Před 5 lety

I wish there was an unedited version so I could follow along better

• @MotorStorm
    @MotorStorm Před 6 lety

This would take ages on Solidworks, I definitly should try Blender

• @kingbrodan
    @kingbrodan Před 6 lety

now heres a challenge. make the inside of the tank ;) that is what im currently trying to figure out to do

• @michaelbachand7660
    @michaelbachand7660 Před 7 lety

Awesome job! How long did it take for you to learn how to model this well in Blender? I'd love to learn but the interface just seems odd for some reason.

• @kipchickensout
      @kipchickensout Před 7 lety

Michael Bachand for me it was first too but i got used to it after a few months

• @briantien7146
    @briantien7146 Před 8 lety

hi there! I'm thinking about downloading blender to start working with rather than sketchup...(time to move on!). Can I just ask...what are you doing when you switch between your model and that picture of the tank? Also, would you say that the modelling tools are simplistic enough for a sketchup user to start working with straight off the bat?Last question: Some tips to make a VERY DETAILED and high poly model? Thanks

• @nikolanojic6861
      @nikolanojic6861 Před 8 lety

+Brian TheGamer its easy , but i cant give u tips xDD

• @juanegray123
      @juanegray123 Před 8 lety

+Brian TheGamer for the background images its under the navigation tab if you press "N" while your mouse is in the 3d view and scroll down the list to background image and set your image there, once you have your image you may not be able to see it until you are in ortho view which can be toggled on and off with num5 and pressing num1/3/7 for front side and top view, holding ctrl + num1/3/7 you can do the inverse of the view, to make a high poly model its best to work with low poly to get the basic form of your model done first then add subdivisions, it really depends on what you are working with to how many sub divs you need, for example if you are working on a head model you can start small sphere and add from there, or if you are making a car, you make separate bits and add a subdiv to each part, you can also make hard edges by holding alt+ e i believe. nether less there are hundreds of tutorials which should set you strait after watching about 100 odd hours. good luck!

• @IAmNumber4000
    @IAmNumber4000 Před 9 lety

At 6:23, how did you space those 5 pieces equally around the center like that? I'm trying to model an electric generator for a Kerbal Space program mod and am trying to figure out how you spaced them so evenly. Did you need to use a calculator to get the correct angles?

• @ArijanRace
      @ArijanRace  Před 9 lety +2

IAN 4000 I placed the 3d cursor in the center of the wheel and rotated the pieces around it. Yes, I calculated the angles, but it's pretty easy. In this case, just 360/5 = 72, that's the angle I used. Just divide 360 by the number of pieces you're using and that's your angle.

• @IAmNumber4000
      @IAmNumber4000 Před 9 lety

Mol3 qul Thanks man. I appreciate you getting back to me so quickly.

• @basejumperdx4573
    @basejumperdx4573 Před 2 lety

Can you rig an excavator in blender? Please make tutorial on it

• @Siezgur
    @Siezgur Před 7 lety +1

That's a lot of math. :|
    Good job!

• @ArijanRace
      @ArijanRace  Před 7 lety

At certain points, it is indeed! Not the boring type of math, though :)

• @GetBuckAU
    @GetBuckAU Před 7 lety

Man I wish I could do that! I can't even model a square box haha! Anyhow what kind of poly/verts count was that? Looks quite detailed!
    Cheers.

• @ArijanRace
      @ArijanRace  Před 7 lety

Approximately 266,000 tris, you can see the details at the top of the screen as the video progresses. Thank you for the support :)

• @SancheZ2199
    @SancheZ2199 Před 9 lety

10/10

• @SangitasSweetCooking
    @SangitasSweetCooking Před 3 lety

Nice4

• @ScottCyclops
    @ScottCyclops Před 7 lety

i dont get it.How did u like select a face and then duplicate and snap it to a edge or the opposite side.

• @ScottCyclops
      @ScottCyclops Před 7 lety

btw how long did u learn blender before this

• @jaggerjdm9787
    @jaggerjdm9787 Před 5 lety

This is absolutely amazing! I am curious to how long you've been using blender.
    oh and one thing, maybe change up the music a bit. But then again, I'm not the one getting 80k views!

• @ArijanRace
      @ArijanRace  Před 5 lety +1

I appreciate the support. At the time of the video, I had been using blender for no more than a few years (3-4 at most).
      Music was definitely one of the things I was pretty unsure about so I just threw in random tracks from NCS. Would you happen to know a good (non-mainstream, if that's a word) sources of copyright free music for CZcams videos?

• @jaggerjdm9787
      @jaggerjdm9787 Před 5 lety

Correct me if I'm wrong... but couldn't you use copyrighted music since your videos aren't monetized?

• @idea_man
    @idea_man Před 5 lety

Привет. Во сколько раз ускорено видео? Хочу понять, сколько времени тебе потребовалось на это.

• @lakifus958
    @lakifus958 Před 9 lety

you are very good!but how did you cut out the hatch on the top with that cube at 21:36?And how did you make it so that you see the edges at the final rendering?

• @ArijanRace
      @ArijanRace  Před 9 lety

laki fus You mean the small indent in the closing lid its self? I used the Boolean modifier (difference mode), tons of tutorials on that one. I rendered the edges using the Wire Frame modifier, which as you can see is slightly glitched. Just search any of those on youtube and you will get loads of tutorials. Both modifiers are really easy to use. Thanks! :)

• @lakifus958
      @lakifus958 Před 9 lety

oh thanks i figured the boolean out by some youtube tutorials but i didnt know the wire frame one

• @ant1fact
      @ant1fact Před 9 lety

laki fus Hi there! Boolean operations are extremely useful in modelling but the built in boolean modifier is not very reliable. I suggest you try the BoolTool v2 addon which is really powerful & easy to use.

• @lakifus958
      @lakifus958 Před 9 lety

ant1fact thanks i will try to use it

• @maximilianschaffler9981
    @maximilianschaffler9981 Před 4 lety +1

@Arijan Hi i find your way modell awesome! Is there any way that i can get the normal Speed version of you modelling this Tank?

• @ArijanRace
      @ArijanRace  Před 4 lety

The video is very old and unfortunately I no longer have the raw recording files -- there was about 12 hours of 1080p footage and it took up a lot of space on my computer.
      I am currently trying to find some time to start uploading again and I plan to do tutorials and/or full series where I model something like this in real time. Thank you for the support 👊👊

@maximilianschaffler9981 Před 4 lety

@@ArijanRace A realtime tutorial? Thats AWESOME! Im very much looking forward for this :)

• @GegesOne
      @GegesOne Před 4 lety

@@maximilianschaffler9981 well it you should prepare your patiance because it Will be a Hours of long

@maximilianschaffler9981 Před 4 lety

@@GegesOne i mean thats what i want

• @vuldza5252
    @vuldza5252 Před 9 lety +1

aj napravi elc ili bat chata ili t57 heavy :). BTW dobar video :D

• @ArijanRace
      @ArijanRace  Před 9 lety

Edi Vulja ELC vjerojatno, jos nisam siguran.

• @Arawn7755
    @Arawn7755 Před 5 lety

진짜 제정신이 아니네

• @thanhvinhnguyen8731
    @thanhvinhnguyen8731 Před 6 lety

Can u make a type 74 ?

• @rduck9097
    @rduck9097 Před 6 lety

feels my brain want to Blow up

• @crazyskullgamer7927
    @crazyskullgamer7927 Před 9 lety

Holy Fucking sheet. You are the man about town... How much time did it take you to make this? My god!

• @divljipirat1
    @divljipirat1 Před 8 lety

how many years of hard work is that level of skill.. bet at least 5

• @ArijanRace
      @ArijanRace  Před 8 lety

+div's gaming around 3-4, no more ;)

• @divljipirat1
      @divljipirat1 Před 8 lety

anyway great work m8 are you willing to provide some classes?

• @bykaralord1815
    @bykaralord1815 Před 8 lety

Hi Download Link?

• @m4_rco656
    @m4_rco656 Před 3 lety +2

hi man you modeling good

• @ArijanRace
      @ArijanRace  Před 3 lety +1

Thank you, I recently uploaded some tutorials on tank modeling so check those out if this still interests you!

• @m4_rco656
      @m4_rco656 Před 3 lety +2

@@ArijanRace Yeah, that good i love it the tank abrams, but im very bad modeling in blender. Now i make my personal house of real life in sketchup.Really is easy with that software.

• @ArijanRace
      @ArijanRace  Před 3 lety

@@m4_rco656 yes sketchup is better for architecture and design. It's a different type of program, sketchup is CAD modeling and blender is polygon-based modeling. Good luck with the house

• @MekazaBitrusty
    @MekazaBitrusty Před 6 lety

I would prefer to see a slower speed version with narration. I found it very hard to follow at this super speed up.

• @aleksajanic4414
    @aleksajanic4414 Před 6 lety +1

Do you work for wargaming? xD

• @wally7896
    @wally7896 Před 5 lety +2

tri count:
    AAAAAIIIIIIIYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

• @Elliotayudandocuando
    @Elliotayudandocuando Před 7 lety

Amazing (L)

• @ChrysDaKat
    @ChrysDaKat Před 7 lety

id love to know how to do that xD

• @syailendrarazak777
    @syailendrarazak777 Před 7 lety

where the blueprint you get

• @Jack-dc6hw
    @Jack-dc6hw Před 9 lety +1

I want to know how to do this i cant find a way can you help.

• @C_Kava
      @C_Kava Před 9 lety +1

jackattack4516 Time and patience is key.
      Go on Digital Tutors and start learning the basics, it costs money but its worth it. There is also a tutorial for modeling a tank.

• @GegesOne
      @GegesOne Před 4 lety

He is using *Blender* you can download it at their website for free,

• @samtenthije2419
    @samtenthije2419 Před 9 lety

How do you do that tracks so easily?

• @ArijanRace
      @ArijanRace  Před 9 lety

Sam Ten Thije I modeled one module of the track and stacked it using the array modifier. Then I just snapped them onto a curve using the curve modifier. It takes some patience to adjust the gaps between the modules but as always, you'll find a lot of tutorials on how to do it.

• @samtenthije2419
      @samtenthije2419 Před 9 lety +1

Thank you :D i'll try it out myself

• @Mods_o_joy
    @Mods_o_joy Před 8 lety

Gaijin/Wargaming should hire you Pronto.

• @kellie_foxy
    @kellie_foxy Před 9 lety +1

• @sumounos
    @sumounos Před 9 lety

is it possible to download this prodject?

• @ArijanRace
      @ArijanRace  Před 9 lety

Michał Kosim Sadly, no. I can provide you with detailed images of certain parts if you would like to use them as a reference, but I will not share any download links.

• @sumounos
      @sumounos Před 9 lety +1

Ok, thank you. We'll be in touch :) Much respect for this job :)

• @riddlesolverid2739
    @riddlesolverid2739 Před 4 lety +1

if you watch the video at a slow playback speed you can actually follow along. I'd say my end result looks about 79% like the video result.

• @ArijanRace
      @ArijanRace  Před 3 lety +2

That's awesome. I now have some tutorials where I explain everything so maybe you can get to 100%?

• @RudyVario
    @RudyVario Před 7 lety +2

WoW this model is the best model on YT ! It can be in WoT :). Could you public it ?
    Like :)

• @kalamatagames2631
    @kalamatagames2631 Před 8 lety

man use solidworks more easy to change the size of anything and you can drawning it from the bottom to the top

• @drawanimateplay3982
    @drawanimateplay3982 Před 8 lety

how long

• @raneman7415
    @raneman7415 Před 6 lety

This should go to Gaijin towards their game called War Thunder

• @liordah0
    @liordah0 Před 8 lety

got any advice for a beginner artist?

• @cavalier4789
      @cavalier4789 Před 8 lety

do art

• @liordah0
      @liordah0 Před 8 lety +5

thx. It changed my life

• @zUruKz
      @zUruKz Před 8 lety

+Lior Dahan Im still somewhat a beginner myself. I like to do nature, so what I do is grab me some forest pictures and try to recreate them as good as I can. Watching how others do it helps a lot too. Otherwise, there is no shame in asking. So, what's your story?

• @liordah0
      @liordah0 Před 8 lety

Thanks man I appreciate it