Sdílet
Vložit
  • čas přidán 6. 09. 2024
  • liliputing.com
    forum.xda-devel...

Komentáře • 161

• @NyanDub
    @NyanDub Před 4 lety +8

I managed to instal Ubuntu 20.04 (Focal Fossa) on my Asus T100TA, and it works several times faster than windows 10, taking only 690 MB of ram against 1500 MB on windows.
    By the way, all features work except the camera, which is not really needed. Touchpad, touchscreen, wi-fi, bluetooth, sound, earphones detection, auto screen orientation, on-screen keyboard, suspending, waking up, and so on - all working fine right out of the box. So happy to see the second life of this transformer book.

• @userman444
      @userman444 Před 4 lety

Wow. this the answer, I was looking for :) can you please share details ? It actually says 20.04 requres 4 GB of ram. T100TA ( i have the same ) have only 2 GB. is it still works fine ?

• @mtberic
      @mtberic Před 4 lety

That's great! Would you mind share how you install the Ubuntu please?

• @iharvalynets7080
      @iharvalynets7080 Před 2 lety

As far as I know, 20.04 does not support x86 architecture. T100TA is an x86 device. How did you do that?

• @niconicotu1
      @niconicotu1 Před rokem

@@iharvalynets7080 64 bit processor, 32 bit uefi

• @anarrchybob6420
      @anarrchybob6420 Před 3 měsíci

@@userman444 Hi. I have had success booting many distros from USB. I have installed automatically and manually to the internal storage. I have used the custom bootia32.efi. I have used grub repair and grub customizer to try to make the internal install bootable. I havent had any luck after reading many tutorials. The internal storage never shows the linux install in the BIOS. I have updated the bios to the newest version. turned off secure boot. Not sure what i am missing. Maybe u have an idea? it would make a nice portable linux machine. Not very useful for running windows 10 with these specs.

• @Jogngood
    @Jogngood Před 5 lety +1

Just update for anyone reading this... 18.04 only needs the EFI32 file on the boot usb. All the rest is now auto. Just adjust your grub file once installed. but the rest just install normal

• @opinion7587
    @opinion7587 Před 10 lety

You came to my rescue again. I was wondering if I could put Ubuntu on this and you gave me the info I was looking for. Cheers!

• @FeanaroKurufinve
    @FeanaroKurufinve Před 9 lety +6

this "sorta BIOS thing" can be entered via holding "Volume down + power" :)

• @LewysC
      @LewysC Před 5 lety

Definitley useull if you like couldn't use the keyboard for it for some reason

• @Thewinner312
    @Thewinner312 Před 5 lety +1

Awesome! Thanks, dude. Apparently my windows installation got corrupted somehow, stuck in a restart loop. But I am going on vacation tomorrow, that's really the only thing I use this tablet for. So I was able to put Ubuntu on it and now I can it with me. Wi-Fi worked out of the box for me and after a generic system update, it even got the touchscreen right by itself.

• @ljnecesito
      @ljnecesito Před 4 lety

Well its a goods news if its already all working of the box. What version of Ubuntu is that?

• @bartkessels9675
    @bartkessels9675 Před 9 lety +1

Ubuntu Wily Werewolf runs like a charm.
    The only thing not working (at least what I found so far) is the
    Wireless driver.
    But most things like the touchscreen work out of the box!

• @classicrockonly
      @classicrockonly Před 9 lety

Is it working? I can only imagine it's proprietary broadcom and you have to go to additional drivers or whatever it is called for an easy install

• @dsuarezjr
    @dsuarezjr Před 11 lety

Will be interesting to see people fix this and get Ubuntu running smoothly. Looking forward to your full review of the Asus T100. From the looks of it it seems this is one of your favorite devices.

• @VinKhong
    @VinKhong Před 10 lety

Proof of concept is always the first step forward. Thanks for showing us Ubuntu on the t100.

• @kdocki
    @kdocki Před 7 lety +15

Geez, I didn't know ASUS made touch screen mirrors... :D

• @Gerkozielman
    @Gerkozielman Před rokem

Thanks for the video and explanation.

• @JacobDavidCCunningham
    @JacobDavidCCunningham Před 7 lety +1

Open suggestion to anyone, learn how to use i3-wm because the UI is slow (on Ubuntu in my opinion) and the ram usage savings is great from not having a full-blown ui.

• @glenndumlao3966
    @glenndumlao3966 Před 10 lety

Great. Keen to learn about developments on this. Cheers

• @krsnvss
    @krsnvss Před 10 lety

I have the same wi-fi bug on my ASUS X550 notebook. So the solution I found is to press Fn+F1 (sleep mode). After awakening from sleep mode your wi-fi will be available.

• @dlcrdz00
    @dlcrdz00 Před 2 lety

Great job! I have a Asus Transformer T100HAN and was able to install Ubuntu. Got the wifi working also. The only issue I have is that it shuts off periodically with no error message. I am assuming its because it is getting overheated.

• @sticku1100
    @sticku1100 Před 7 lety +5

Not working in Asus T100TAF

• @lukasjenicek4600
    @lukasjenicek4600 Před 10 lety +2

Hi, I have a problem. When I want to boot from USB Key (there is WinToGo), I choose it in UEFI and it won't do nothing (screen only refresh with no notification or error).
    What I do wrong? Thanks for answers.

• @TheCutestTriangle
      @TheCutestTriangle Před 4 lety

Hi, Lukas, did you ever find a solution to this? I am currently having the same problem. Thanks!

• @TheCutestTriangle

Just in case you are still trying, drive.google.com/file/d/1VTzciobFlp7nO2A_M7RNoqYajN8c9AgR/view

• @Cainzeryt
      @Cainzeryt Před 3 měsíci

I have the same problem

• @Dan50193
    @Dan50193 Před 11 lety

Great work, looking forward to your full review

• @alexpodshivalov1010
    @alexpodshivalov1010 Před 6 lety

In my case i got t100tal and it ignores usb boot totaly. Even if it is from usb cd drive. I have no idea what to do. Because most programs in this windows version are not running at all.

• @noxirixon
    @noxirixon Před 10 lety

it might also be possible later on to install it on the keyboard module hdd and have some dualboot without usb

• @haboreh
    @haboreh Před 9 lety

I have an HP Chromebox that I have installed Ubuntu on. Is there any way to boot Ubuntu directly after installing it instead of booting ChromeOS and the going to Ubuntu? In other words, how do I make Ubuntu the default OS?

• @DucMarron
    @DucMarron Před 3 lety

4:53 you just can find if there is vesa driver and remove it by typing " ls /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/vesa_drv.so && sudo rm /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/vesa_drv.so && startx " that's all here in one line sir.

• @Emcipio
    @Emcipio Před 10 lety

In all honesty, I've never found love for Linux. I have used Windows and iOS for most of my short 17 years, and I find that any coding I have need for has a compiler and writing program for Windows. (Processing, HTML, Greenfoot, DrJava, etc.) However, to those of you who are proficient at using Linux, more power to you!

•  Před 10 lety

Hi there. U making them the best shows. they are very informative and helps me find new technologies. One question that I thought of was if you can boot Ubuntu from the SD card in the same way as from the USB stick. would be really good if you wanted to test it.
    THX

• @aaroncoleman4226
    @aaroncoleman4226 Před 8 lety +3

can you make a videotutorial on how to put ubuntu on the usb and how to setup the usb exactly? thankyou

• @JB-sl9bx
    @JB-sl9bx Před 7 lety

I tried installing ubuntu onto my chi t300 and the keyboard doesn't work in the BIOS or in the ubuntu installation menu. Does anyone have an idea why?

• @Zimba9810
    @Zimba9810 Před 9 lety +2

i did everything all i get when i select the "UEFI USB stick" at the save & exit screen .. all i get is a little flash and it goes back the the bios screen. I am trying to run an andriod btw plz advise if you can thanks.. *edited ..hmm strange i try to use another andriod version and it works but i only got the LIVE option which runs so slowly

• @bongbook8019
      @bongbook8019 Před 6 lety

same problem....any solution?

• @okay1296
      @okay1296 Před 6 lety

i have the same problem

• @LewysC
      @LewysC Před 5 lety

Has anybody found a solution yet??? :/

• @LewysC
      @LewysC Před 5 lety

Everybody I have a fix for the issue where it doesn't boot from the USB! You need to make sure you set up your installation USB correctly in Rufus and that you include a certain file in the boot directory. Simply follow this guide exactly and the device will boot from the USB - drive.google.com/file/d/1VTzciobFlp7nO2A_M7RNoqYajN8c9AgR/view

• @otaviolouzada2933
    @otaviolouzada2933 Před 10 lety

Is there any way to run Ubuntu on my Lg SlidePad / TabBook with Intel Atom Z3740?

• @cold0ero
    @cold0ero Před 10 lety

The only problem I have with running Linux on a tablet right now is that there is a lack of touch interfaces that work really well on Linux. If I can ever get a Linux setup that has a touch interface that is almost like, if not better than, an android touch interface, I'd be all over this kind of setup with Arch Linux in a heartbeat. I know about the efforts with Plasma-Active and Gnome 3 is supposed to be ok for touch interfaces but as much as I'd hate to say it... Windows 8.1 goes really well with this device right now.

• @greatDJ5
      @greatDJ5 Před 10 lety

Ubuntu on the t100 has multitouch

• @cold0ero
      @cold0ero Před 10 lety

greatDJ5 Multitouch isn't the problem, its that there isn't an interface other than using Ubuntu's Unity (which goes against the trend for other distros of linux) that works really well. I'd rather have a fully open system with a touch interface. Also, because of EFI on the system, it makes it a bit harder to install linux on the T100. I just hope someone comes up with a UI that works well like Windows 8.1 UI works. When they do that, I'll run linux all the time.

• @greatDJ5
      @greatDJ5 Před 10 lety

cold0ero True, that would be amazing. Wouldn't be good for the Windows store though!

• @cold0ero
      @cold0ero Před 10 lety

greatDJ5 Not too worried about the Windows Store either since they don't put anything of real value in it to begin with. I'm hoping that at some point distros would create a tree of apps that are some sort of touch compliant. We shouldn't just assume that android owns the touch market. Linux should start to take that over.

• @greatDJ5
      @greatDJ5 Před 10 lety

cold0ero Go Linux Touch!

• @aaroncoleman4226
    @aaroncoleman4226 Před 8 lety

also when i hit e ter for my usb it just brings me back to the boot screen again

• @jamesa55
    @jamesa55 Před 2 lety

I know this is an old post but everytime i do this i just get bitlocker recovery. Any ideas?

• @jonathancalhoun8053
    @jonathancalhoun8053 Před 10 lety

Is Xubuntu working yet? It's lighter than Ubuntu and personally I like the looks,I'm guessing you could just install the ubuntu patches since Xubuntu(obviously) is based off Ubuntu?

• @burakdogan6562
    @burakdogan6562 Před 7 lety

Why would it be a pain in the neck if you would install it ? Could it have a bad influence on the performance while using windows or even destroy sth.

• @DJAndomor
    @DJAndomor Před 10 lety

you look like smart guy with that smile ( i know that smile on my face when i explain something my customers :D )

• @userjff182
    @userjff182 Před 10 lety

have you tried installing Linux under Virtualbox? This Intel CPU has that feature to virtualize it.

• @shrikantetc
    @shrikantetc Před 4 lety

Please make a video for ubuntu install on micromax lapbook l1160

• @LifeofJoban
    @LifeofJoban Před 10 lety

Love the output of videos from you! please upload more t100 content! also, would you say this is powerful enough to replace my i5 thinkpad?

• @andrewhowe9985
    @andrewhowe9985 Před 10 lety

Thank you so much, im glad to know that this is a decent tablet that i know that i can boot linux up, i use linux as a recovery option but thank you so much for the tutorial

• @ND-hn7td
    @ND-hn7td Před 8 lety

Please a video on how to install Ubuntu on the Asus T200

• @Metallllllll667
    @Metallllllll667 Před 9 lety

So, there`s no Linux with sensor controlling?

• @ibez07
    @ibez07 Před 10 lety

Thats some next level shot there,il stick with netflix ha

• @root7838
    @root7838 Před 11 měsíci

💪🏼💪🏼💪🏼

• @LewysC
    @LewysC Před 7 lety

So will it work with wifi and touch screen now????

• @AdamTrojnar
    @AdamTrojnar Před 10 lety

its beatifull / jest piękne!

• @LordLoren
    @LordLoren Před 9 lety

nice :D i want to buy the new Asus J200TA, do you recommend it?

• @erionjaho
    @erionjaho Před 10 lety

thank you for this tutorial

• @YongSiawKong
    @YongSiawKong Před 10 lety

does anyone know what type of internal memory t100 use? emmc flash based memory or msata ssd?

• @TheElectricCherry
    @TheElectricCherry Před 7 lety

It said something about bit locker when I did that

• @okay1296
    @okay1296 Před 6 lety

When I try to boot from the USB-Stick, then I go back into the BIOS. I have disabled the Safeboot.

• @TheCutestTriangle

Hi, Julian, I was wondering if you ever solved this issue and if so, what worked? I am attempting this now.

• @TheCutestTriangle

Just in case you are still trying, drive.google.com/file/d/1VTzciobFlp7nO2A_M7RNoqYajN8c9AgR/view

• @gabiruman
    @gabiruman Před 10 lety

can't you install ubuntu with Windows installer, that is, like a programm? When I downloaded Ubuntu for my laptop on the website you had the option to install ubuntu via cd, pen, or windows installer and the last was the easier way, if the Transformer Book is a full 8.1 machine shouldn't it be able to install with windows installer?

• @greatDJ5
      @greatDJ5 Před 10 lety

No, you need to acces the kernel before installing. The windows installer definitely can make it easier for some users with other well supported pc's.

• @gabiruman
      @gabiruman Před 10 lety

other than that I discovered there is no windows installer version of ubuntu for windows 8 yet

• @greatDJ5
      @greatDJ5 Před 10 lety

help.ubuntu.com/community/Wubi

• @gabiruman
      @gabiruman Před 10 lety

I've already tried it, it doesn't work in windows 8, I have it installed on windows 7 with windows installer but there is no version of 12.04 LTS for windows 8

• @greatDJ5
      @greatDJ5 Před 10 lety

On ubuntu's site it says its compatible with Windows 8. I think it's 14.04 version though.

• @z1m7x2n6
    @z1m7x2n6 Před 10 lety

try 12.04 with latest updates.
    All newer are buggy as Canonical is known for massive bug tester company.

• @HotNitrogen
    @HotNitrogen Před 9 lety

Every time I try to boot from USB (tried with secure boot on and off) it just goes back to windows! In the BIOS menu it does nothing but makes the screen flash and on the power on and volume down boot way it just boots into windows even after selecting the usb! I'm trying to boot kali linux 32 bit version 1.1 from a corsair voyager usb 3.0

• @brnrmbo4658
      @brnrmbo4658 Před 9 lety

jonnyh1994 What bios does yours have? Version 205 cannot boot from usb, even if it is a windows stick. Of course you cant revert to an older bios. i had to send mine back for RMA. Asus put bios version 204 on it an shipped it back.

• @HotNitrogen
      @HotNitrogen Před 9 lety

Jimi Gilles Bit late haha! I ended up giving it to my uncle. Considering on getting a nexus tablet. You think they're worth it? I want a multimedia device that is lightweight and battery lasts ages. (I know that sounds very similar to the t100 but as good as this thing is, it's not for me)

• @brnrmbo4658
      @brnrmbo4658 Před 9 lety

I enjoy mine. Definitely worth it. I bought mine to use at work while my main machine was in for repair. I hammered on the tablet for three weeks. The cpu and ram were pegged all day long. It never missed a beat. Now it is back being used for entertainment purposes.

• @HotNitrogen
      @HotNitrogen Před 9 lety

Jimi Gilles Yeah they're awesome little things but just a bit heavy. Just didn't like how the on screen keyboard didn't feel polished enoguh and that's what's put me off it

• @brnrmbo4658
      @brnrmbo4658 Před 9 lety

My last windows tablet was an HP stream 7 so the transformer feels very refined compared to the cheapest windows tablet you can buy. I believe the keyboard is windows software.

• @Se7entijz
    @Se7entijz Před 9 lety

Hi I have the T100 and im trying to boot from USB with Ubuntu 15.10 (x86), but it is not booting, follwed same steps as you, any ideas?

• @classicrockonly

Does it get to the menu that lets you select try Ubuntu? If no, then you made a mistake in creating the USB image

• @Se7entijz
      @Se7entijz Před 9 lety +1

I managed to boot from the T100 Magic Stick by someone in XDA Developers. To answer your question, in the BIOS when I click the Flash Drive, the screen just flashes in an instant and return to the BIOS.

• @veliceri2042
      @veliceri2042 Před 8 lety

+Steven Camilleri same here please help

• @keinskill2233
      @keinskill2233 Před 8 lety +1

+Steven Camilleri t100 is uefi! But LInux x86 isnt prepared to run on a uefi system!
      Try Ubuntu x64!

• @LewysC
      @LewysC Před 5 lety

KeinSkillLP Privat I've tried it with a 32 bit version of Linux as well but it still just flashes on the screen... Really not sure why it wont't work, any suggestions?

• @tjaalton
    @tjaalton Před 10 lety +1

13.04 is waay too old for baytrail graphics to work.. you need 3.13rc kernel and updates to other parts to the stack, so you should have better luck with 14.04 alpha1 image.. even though it's still on 3.12 based kernel

• @tjaalton
      @tjaalton Před 10 lety

3.13 based kernel should be on trusty after the holidays, so the daily 'trusty' images should then work great

• @Areso2012
    @Areso2012 Před 11 lety

Nice job!
    Asus representative, if you are read my words, offer to us Ubuntu-running product similar to Asus T100, please!

• @eliceoescobar1278
    @eliceoescobar1278 Před 9 lety

what actual advantages do Ubuntu have? what makes it so popular?

• @classicrockonly

***** there's WAY more than that. I haven't used windows for 3 months

• @Baseshocks
      @Baseshocks Před 9 lety

+Eliceo Escobar using open wifi and not be worried about getting ur shit fucked up. Adding this to tablet for when i use school open wifi.

• @tsatsimas
    @tsatsimas Před 10 lety

Please help i have hp envy x2 and my brother somehow deleted the whole os and so i can not install even linux with usb bootable because it does not allow me to do that .....know anyone how to install any os ?

• @greatDJ5
      @greatDJ5 Před 10 lety

You should go to a forum where they can help you.

• @linka3177
    @linka3177 Před 8 lety

Why rm? Never heard of blacklists?

• @scudino89
    @scudino89 Před 11 lety

will u make a video showing bluestacks running on it? thanks for your work!

• @1Sniper6661
    @1Sniper6661 Před 9 lety

how about kali linux?

• @KennyGodfrey
    @KennyGodfrey Před 6 lety

1 want to try installing elementary OS on mine.

• @haventfoundme
    @haventfoundme Před 10 lety

Wonderful.

• @stannum118
    @stannum118 Před 10 lety +1

can i run android on this tablet?

• @cyronin
      @cyronin Před 10 lety

I don't think so.

• @stannum118
      @stannum118 Před 10 lety +3

Ethan Hallex
      but i will start android x86 on this tablet.

• @greatDJ5
      @greatDJ5 Před 10 lety

Ichigo Kurosaki Not working well enough yet. Really frustrating.

• @LewysC
    @LewysC Před 5 lety +1

Everybody I have a fix for the issue where it doesn't boot from the USB! You need to make sure you set up your instillation USB correctly in Rufus and that you include a certain file in the boot directory. Simply follow this guide exactly and the device will boot from the USB - drive.google.com/file/d/1VTzciobFlp7nO2A_M7RNoqYajN8c9AgR/view

• @TheTimmant
    @TheTimmant Před 11 lety

Can you do more tests on Windows 8?

• @Kreter4
    @Kreter4 Před 11 lety

Hahaha you're awesome! Thanks for making theae great vids

• @AhmedShABazama
    @AhmedShABazama Před 10 lety

Maybe you would go with Ubuntu Touch
    cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-touch/daily-preinstalled/current/

• @DougDunfee
    @DougDunfee Před 11 lety

Have you tried a USB to Ethernet? Thx for the video

• @stanTrX
    @stanTrX Před 8 lety +1

so the result is : experiment FAILED! ://

• @bz6606
    @bz6606 Před 6 lety +1

The years you use linux for your desktop is wasted on installing drivers and putting it on your devices lol

• @justinalazo8324
    @justinalazo8324 Před 8 lety

no puedo formatear mi asus ...

• @sahitalexander
    @sahitalexander Před 9 lety

trato de instalar w7 con ese procedimiento, pero no funciona

• @neeeraaak91
      @neeeraaak91 Před 9 lety

sahit alexander martinez cantillo igual estoy yo amigo, tuviste alguna solucion?

• @ayoutubecommenter2674
    @ayoutubecommenter2674 Před 7 lety +8

To be honest, you look like Snowden

• @seanchoi6632
      @seanchoi6632 Před 6 lety

A CZcams Commenter That’s what the government wants you to think

• @z1m7x2n6
    @z1m7x2n6 Před 10 lety

is it 64bit?

• @kTechPod
    @kTechPod Před 10 lety

Or... Use Wubi.

• @mynameisreggiexp
    @mynameisreggiexp Před 10 lety

Android would be cool, so i can use my favorits android apps on tablet. and if i want pc i can use win8.

• @Runningr0se
      @Runningr0se Před 10 lety

BlueStacks, yo. Check it out.

• @mynameisreggiexp
      @mynameisreggiexp Před 10 lety +1

i know but it aint the same, its a big laggy

• @greatDJ5
      @greatDJ5 Před 10 lety

Joshua Lam You definitely can! Bluestacks: no problem. Mini vMac: works fine Virtualbox: PERFECT.

• @TheRenosree
      @TheRenosree Před 10 lety

Joshua Lam I am already doing that on my Dell Inspiron 1545... 2GB and a very bad Graphic Card... CPU is also slow! And apps on Bluestacks are running pretty good!

• @s22s4s
    @s22s4s Před 10 lety

sir can i talk to you on phone r using skype about asus t100
    i m from greece

• @fayoublox5145
    @fayoublox5145 Před 10 lety

why...just why....why wuld u even consider getting rid of windows 8...

• @Hackybaby
      @Hackybaby Před 10 lety +4

why would u consider stayin with it?
      think out of the box

• @fayoublox5145

Hackybaby because, you get epic touchscreen functions plus the xbox! xD

• @burkezillar
      @burkezillar Před 10 lety +1

Fayoublox You can get touchscreen functions with Linux. And Xbox? Well, if you like to have a camera spy on you in your own home then knock yourself out. We'll stick with Steam and PC gaming :)

• @fayoublox5145

Michael Burke Listen, I'm not saying linux sucks. I use it for penetration testing, with my Msi Wind u100. When I said "epic touchscreen functions" it was because if you watched the video, you can see that the linux distro Liliputing installed on his asus t100 removed the native touchscreen ability of the computer, which is a prime purpose of buying it in the first place. Then "xbox" is an app available in windows 8, which I really like. "camera spy on my home"? hahahahaahhahaha xDDDD. Me, get spyware? LOLOLOLOLOLOL. That didn't happen to me since I'm 10, and you should already know that it can't happen to me since I'm good with computers (I mentioned penetration testing earlier) Then your last statement "we'll stick with steam and pc gaming" that just made me confused as fk. Are you with Linux, or windows 8? because you can't "stick with steam" on Linux idiot.

• @burkezillar
      @burkezillar Před 10 lety

You know they say pride comes before a fall, you're the prime example of this.
      1) The drivers for the T100 touch screen aren't there. So the functionality isn't available, it hasn't been removed.
      2) I never mentioned spyware, but you're talking bullshit if you say you're running a Windows PC that doesn't have spyware/rootkits on it.
      3) Penetration testing doesn't make you good with computers. Drive by downloads of spyware etc are completely different to someone trying to gain access to your PC.
      4) You're easily confused, but you call me the idiot? I'm not the one proclaiming on the internet that you must be good with computers because you do penetration testing. You just made yourself look the idiot.
      5) I am on Linux, and I will stick with Linux. I've used Linux for over 10 years, I've worked with computers for 20 years. I know what I'm talking about and I'll be damned if some jumped up little cunt from God knows where calls me an idiot for using Linux.
      Grow up.

• @ibazur
    @ibazur Před 9 lety

Bloody useless.