How to replace starter motor - Toyota Avensis 1.6 T250

Sdílet
Vložit
  • čas přidán 17. 02. 2016
  • This video shows how easy it is to replace starter motor for Toyota Avensis, T250, second generation, 1.6 engine.
    Here's the link to description with images, also available in printable format:
    www.wheelsandmotors.com/manua...
    www.WheelsAndMotors.com - free online car repair manuals + social network for drivers
  • Auta a dopravní prostředky

Komentáře • 47

• @deswright2075
    @deswright2075 Před 3 měsíci +2

I just want to say a big thank you for making this video, I just changed my starting motor cost 130 euro, running sweetly again ready for the skool run week!!! Your a hero mate...please make more 😉👍☘🇨🇮

• @wawayltd
      @wawayltd  Před 2 měsíci +1

You're welcome 😊
      I'm glad that it still helps after all these years 👍

• @chefhugob
    @chefhugob Před 7 lety +13

great video, just replaced my starter motor after watching this video, and all i can say is that after watching this video it is as easy as it looks - small bit of patience, and its simple....it was more tedious taking the engine covers off to be able to do it than actually doing it, fair play to you for making this video...saved me a fortune.

• @ranveersanghu3010
    @ranveersanghu3010 Před rokem +3

Thanks man you saved me 200 euros. Bought used starter motor from scrap yard and fixed it myself. 😊

• @MrHeikkiB
    @MrHeikkiB Před 5 lety +3

Worked fine with 1.8 engine, thanks! Your video just saved the climate since I didn't drive 100 kilometers to a repair shop.

• @wawayltd
      @wawayltd  Před 5 lety

You're very welcome 😎👍

• @sapph1r3
    @sapph1r3 Před 3 lety +6

This video was really helpful. Many thanks for you effort! My starter didn't come out this easily, though. The starter had corroded so badly that it had stuck to the gearbox. I got it out by first prying the bottom part with a crowbar againts the motor and giving it some upward motion. After making some space in the bottom with the crowbar I put the bottom bolt back once in and then screwed it almost out. Finally I put the top bolt back with all the threads in (not fully tightening it and leaving the bolt about 1 cm outside). Then I attached a socket with an extension (maybe you could protect it with some rubber or piece of wood) to the the bolt and gave some hard and straight blows to it with a hammer from the direction of the battery. Hope this helps if anyone encounters the same problem!

• @wawayltd
      @wawayltd  Před 3 lety

Wow! Well done! Thanks for your input 👍

• @Mike-ex9qn
      @Mike-ex9qn Před 7 měsíci +1

I now have this problem 😂 thank you

• @sapph1r3
      @sapph1r3 Před 7 měsíci

@@Mike-ex9qn good luck! 😂

• @Mike-ex9qn
      @Mike-ex9qn Před 7 měsíci

​@sapph1r3 yeah, so the starter part that goes inside the gearbox has just broken off from the starter itself 😢

• @josephwoods2055
    @josephwoods2055 Před 10 měsíci +2

Very well explained great video

• @calvancandy8384
    @calvancandy8384 Před 2 lety +1

I just paid €60 to have mine done. Looks easy enough good video cheers.

• @csabaambrus1708
    @csabaambrus1708 Před 6 lety

Nagyszerű videó! Jó felbontás, jó fényviszonyok. Nem mozog a kép mint másnál. Kiválló! Köszönjük!

• @piratboss
    @piratboss Před 4 lety

Great video, made it really easy.
    Worked just as fine on a 05, 1.8l
    Thank you.

• @stubbk3
    @stubbk3 Před 7 lety +1

great video . exactly what I needed to know thanks

• @seanconroy7222
    @seanconroy7222 Před 3 lety +1

Great video. Very easy to follow. Thanks.

• @wesstrange3
    @wesstrange3 Před 7 lety

Thank you - You just saved me £200. Much appreciated.

• @wawayltd
      @wawayltd  Před 7 lety

Wesley Strange You're welcome :)

• @larsk2
    @larsk2 Před 3 lety +1

Thank you so much. Very helpful.

• @henrydebonte4170
    @henrydebonte4170 Před rokem +1

Thanks You, it was Very easy to do with your help!! i had a problem to find the bolt on top🤔. Now it s working well, with the new starter !!

• @ponglenis8557
    @ponglenis8557 Před 4 lety

Great video :)

• @omarorngumundsson5451
    @omarorngumundsson5451 Před 2 lety +1

Great vide thank you.

• @trampcamp
    @trampcamp Před 2 lety +1

Thank you😉

• @NastyMosquito
    @NastyMosquito Před 4 lety

Thanks for the vid mate.In my case bolts are on the oposite side(nuts are facing the battery)Pain in the ass to undo bolts but stubborness is my middle name 🤪Cheers.

• @wawayltd
      @wawayltd  Před 4 lety

You're very welcome, good luck with those nuts 🤓

• @nomad9000
    @nomad9000 Před rokem +1

Hi, first of all, thank you very much for this informative video. I need to change my starter motor, I saw another video where the guy was changig the stater motor from the engine bay without going under the car but I am not sure wich avensis this was. Mine is 1.8. Basically I've got stranded in the town center and I don't have much space to work from under the car.

• @wawayltd
      @wawayltd  Před rokem

Maybe it would be worth trying from the top.. You see, that wasn't my car and it was while ago. However, if you decide to raise the car, please make sure it's safe. Don't rely on jack on its own, use stands.

• @martintimoney9146
    @martintimoney9146 Před 7 lety +1

What about changing the brushes in the starter

• @bumbaaclaaat2866
    @bumbaaclaaat2866 Před 2 lety +1

GG👍🏽

• @tayyababbas349
    @tayyababbas349 Před 7 měsíci

Hi , I just replace my starter motor in Toyota avensis but after that car is did not turn on 1St start I need to turn on and off 2 or 3 times then car is start. What is problem if u now just reply on here please thank you

• @wawayltd
      @wawayltd  Před 7 měsíci

Hi. There can be many reasons - bad contract or something wrong with the starter. I have a video on how to test starter motor:
      czcams.com/video/r1n3Pd4Bzcs/video.htmlsi=oMNk3ICtQnYwo1cT
      There are also plenty of other videos, here on CZcams that are even better.
      I hope you'll find the solution.