E-Bikepacking Adventure - Beach Camping with Fiido T1

Sdílet
Vložit
  • čas přidán 12. 07. 2022
  • I got an E-Bike so the first thing i need to do is take it camping and see how it goes... This thing put a massive smile on my face.. like being a kid again.
    EXPAND FOR LINKS AND DETAILS:
    Fiido T1: bit.ly/3z0ofWp
    Simons T Shirts: simon-a-bloke-in-the-woods.teemill.com
    My new review channel: / @kentsurvivalgearrevie...
    Merch: www.kentsurvival.com
    One Time Support: paypal.me/kentsurvival?locale...
    Patreon Support: / kentsurvival

Komentáře • 418

• @KentSurvival
    @KentSurvival  Před rokem +175

It a Hot Summer guys!, please try to have any camp fire off of the ground, if you have a ground fire make sure it is fully doused with water and cold to the touch and remember pine and braken roots can smoulder under ground for days after.. potentially causing forest fires. Be safe out there and enjoy yourselves.

• @MaxBreak
      @MaxBreak Před rokem +3

Get some wrist guards falling off (sods law) your hands will be the first point of contact, messing up your hands/wrists with a heavy bike isnt fun and nothing ruins a day like gravel rash and a walk home with a broken bike.
      ps top content, ireally enjoy the vids.

• @andyrome316
      @andyrome316 Před rokem +1

Well said

• @Trains-With-Shane
      @Trains-With-Shane Před rokem

Stay hydrated, Andy! Was 41c here in my part of Texas yesterday!

• @BlackberryBoy
      @BlackberryBoy Před rokem

Thanks for the tip 🙂 - Ravi

• @RetroWolf13
      @RetroWolf13 Před rokem +1

I loved this episode was amazing more on the bike please I really want this bike I’ve been eyeing it up ever since I saw your video please do a review on the bike and a lot more bike videos your channel is awesome and helped me a lot during lockdown you are a great guy god bless you bro

• @darthmada9574
    @darthmada9574 Před rokem +43

I live on the East coast of the US and religiously watch your videos. Living on the coast and being near the ocean is something special. I can only imagine what it's like to live on a island nation. The view on the Thames is amazing! Keep up the great content Andy!

• @Timotei75
    @Timotei75 Před 4 měsíci +4

As much as I love the countryside and the woods, you cannot beat the coast. Beautiful.
    You should go to Dungeness, Andy!

• @simonablokeinthewoods
    @simonablokeinthewoods Před rokem +52

Awesome! Looking forward to an ebike bikepacking trip with you at some point mate! Such a beautiful spot - been thinking about that beach lately! Cheers man!

• @jccoffey23
      @jccoffey23 Před rokem +1

i freaking love you mates. chur chur

• @DDRR00
      @DDRR00 Před rokem

Cool, a handy link to your latest vid!

• @sueelphick9060
    @sueelphick9060 Před rokem +2

Lovely sunset in the end on this video....love your natural.photography and background wild life noises .Steak looked delish....

• @beecoz121
    @beecoz121 Před 9 měsíci +2

Really enjoyed watching that. Excellent video 📹
    Thank you for your time ⏲️ 🙏
    God Bless You and Yours

• @marianfrances4959
    @marianfrances4959 Před rokem +19

The ponies are adorable! A beautiful, calming sunset...fire on the beach...the moon....ketchup...summer at its finest! 👍😎🇨🇦🔥🚲

• @Dorset_Phil
    @Dorset_Phil Před rokem +2

I really hope that they make this type of bike legal in the UK. At the moment you will get done for no tax no insurance and no registration as it is classed as a moped. Points on your license too. Hopefully they re classify it soon.

• @harolynallison485
    @harolynallison485 Před rokem +2

A nicely cooked meal and sitting there with the moon behind you is the perfect camping picture, a lovely spot a good meal and makes the perfect combo for a peaceful frame of mind, savior the moment

• @pamc.7049
    @pamc.7049 Před rokem +5

Ohio, USA here. Andy, this was a really great video!! You are my favorite CZcamsr. That bike looks like great fun! I think I'm jealous!😉 Thank you for all of your quality content!

• @laurawalker4675
    @laurawalker4675 Před měsícem +1

Thanks for doing what you love and sharing it. Bravo my friend!

• @Mat-kr1nf
    @Mat-kr1nf Před rokem +1

If you want solid traditional waxed duck canvas panniers that will last a life time, invest in some Carradice ones. I’m still using the waxed canvas saddle bag I got when I was about 13 or 14, I’m 57 now, and it’s still going strong, still waterproof (re wax it every few years or so.

• @eleveneleven572
    @eleveneleven572 Před rokem +1

Great solution to a problem I have...that's travelling to a destination and not having to leave my car in a vulnerable place. Also a bike will help traverse paths and rough ground to my isolated location.

• @TheFLOMAN76
    @TheFLOMAN76 Před rokem +1

Such a lovely video.
    Peaceful. 😊

• @loupiscanis9449
    @loupiscanis9449 Před 11 měsíci +1

Thank you , KS .
    🐺

• @dazk6592
    @dazk6592 Před rokem +2

The sunset you captured made me think of my favourite book Joseph Conrad’s Heart of Darkness and the first opening pages. Great video Andy, thank you. 👍🙂

• @heartemisart700
    @heartemisart700 Před 6 dny

Reminds me of the Maasvlakte or Rotterdam. Industry alongside nature. Love the e-bike! Takes some of the load off and the heat exhaustion down. Great vid!!

• @amandasmith3716
    @amandasmith3716 Před rokem +6

I absolutely love Andy’s videos. He’s such a pleasant chap who’s a joy to watch. Keep up the excellent content Andy. Love from Herne Bay Kent.

• @duckypam
    @duckypam Před rokem +1

I just bought one of your t-shirts and now you sold me on one of simon’s. Fun toy!

• @manitobuckles
    @manitobuckles Před rokem +10

Sweet! As if I couldn't anticipate the weekend any more than I already do! Will be cueing this one up on Saturday! Cheers from the Prairies of Canada! 🍻

• @alant.541
    @alant.541 Před rokem +12

Backpacking with the e-bike looked fun and easy. Delicious campfire meals, too! Thanks for another relaxing video. 👍

• @carlwoods4564
    @carlwoods4564 Před rokem +2

Andy your videos are the most relaxing uploads on youtube. I work in a fairly stressful job (Psychiatric Nurse for the NHS). Your videos ground and relax me. Peace Brother. 🙏

• @POMOLY
    @POMOLY Před rokem +1

Wow, Bikepacking is super cool, feel the touch of the breeze, and embrace nature, it's the feeling of freedom.

• @scottroberts7875
    @scottroberts7875 Před rokem +2

Absolute game changer indeed ! ..Having to stop driving( Due to a stroke) in 2018, i now walk....a lot...But this.. maybe the perfect solution.. have a lifelong interest in outdoors, and the E bikeT1 may well answer a myriad of situations... Brilliant vid as per usual. superb filming.. ATVB2U... Scott Somerset

• @theweldonator
    @theweldonator Před rokem +7

Absolutely loved it Andy! Bikepacking, something a little different, but still extremely fun.
    Ride That Tasty Wave

• @sandrabranscum9331
    @sandrabranscum9331 Před 2 měsíci +1

Nice bike Andy and Thx for all your hard work to show us quality equipment and how to have a nice sweet camp experience while enjoying your videos.
    I also love that music you played at the beginning and at the end., such good ol sweet music. Awesome sound love it.

• @dirtyronald
    @dirtyronald Před rokem +3

Love the bike, sadly ebikes with throttles are illegal in the uk

• @Draculhuhn
    @Draculhuhn Před rokem +2

My partner and I do bike packing, seats, grill, tarps and all. We even do it on xmas eve, delightful! one can even extend ones' reach by going by train one way. And one doesn't have to worry so much about weight, provided you have good gear 😋

• @MountainMoonAdventures.
    @MountainMoonAdventures. Před rokem +1

A wonderful cool refreshing wraps dinner for a hot day would work,.Like turkey slices,bit of lettuce,apple slice,cheese and dressing.We started experimenting with the wraps after watching your videos.We see you like them too! Easy,handy and refreshing when on the go!Great video as always Andy!👍Love the bike😊

• @spookydude7449
    @spookydude7449 Před rokem +1

So, great to see you back again, I've watched all the old camping adventures from the very first start.

• @Heavnzsent615
    @Heavnzsent615 Před rokem +2

Love it Andy ! Awsem bike ! Very handy !

• @PaintedTurtle001
    @PaintedTurtle001 Před rokem +2

Another delicious video. Thank you.

• @DanOpdal
    @DanOpdal Před rokem +1

Thank you for sharing your adventure! What a wonderful idea. Cheers!

• @lizdg3892
    @lizdg3892 Před rokem +1

Beautiful countryside Andy. Great bike. Performs really well. Sent your video and link to my husband. We’re in our 60s and want to trailer our rough collie. My husband is an experienced cyclist but has lost strength due to Parkinson’s. This could be the ticket to touring with the dog. Thank you so very much. Greatly appreciated.

• @craiglake6091
    @craiglake6091 Před rokem

Great adventure Andy. Thank you.

• @rockkhound943
    @rockkhound943 Před rokem +2

So awesome you get to camp out so frequently. I've only had chance to go once but weather is starting to change here so I should be able to go more soon . Thanks for sharing Andy

• @MHarenArt
    @MHarenArt Před rokem +16

Great content Andy! I enjoy the variety you bring to your outings and all the different gear you try out. Very informative! Thanks for sharing.

• @Jake-hw9kp
    @Jake-hw9kp Před rokem +1

My dad got one recently he, well and truly in love with it. The impressive thing is hes got a really bad back but the E bike allows him to still get out and ride.

• @mrwes100
    @mrwes100 Před rokem +2

Certainly not a walk 'bout. LOL Love the tunes Andy!

• @PaulH5
    @PaulH5 Před rokem +1

What a superb spot! Great video, thanks for sharing.

• @erikagrubbs3630
    @erikagrubbs3630 Před rokem +2

Andy you never cease to amaze me on your videos. Great video. Thank you.

• @Andyb2379
    @Andyb2379 Před rokem +2

Never ceases to amaze me the things you get up to Andy! Cheers !

• @falafel4618
    @falafel4618 Před rokem +2

Thanks Andy - really enjoyed watching that! Keep safe in this heatwave everyone...

• @abodhitaa
    @abodhitaa Před rokem +1

These e-bikes are great. I bought mine just couple of weeks back. Happy e-biking, Andy !!

• @headdoc9113
    @headdoc9113 Před rokem +2

Your editing/shot framing are getting better and more sophisticated. A joy to watch.

• @nelliemelba4967
    @nelliemelba4967 Před rokem +1

Great place! Peaceful beach, seeing the moon and sun rise, having a nice bit of scran, you can almost forget everything else! And the bike is the business! Thanks for sharing.

• @MA-uu3sb
    @MA-uu3sb Před rokem +1

Hoping that you had a new one up and I am so happy that you do. Can’t wait to get in there and see what’s up. Always a pleasure seeing you Andy

• @suel3804
    @suel3804 Před rokem +1

Nice video. When I lived on the Thames we used to put warm beer in a closed net in the Thames. Great way to cool beer/wine when there is no fridge. Thanks for video.

• @carolegeorgina6114
    @carolegeorgina6114 Před rokem +1

Looks beautiful there Andy so peaceful I love your videos thank you. ❤️

• @NorthernOutdoorsDave
    @NorthernOutdoorsDave Před rokem +1

Great Video Andy, well done mate... loving this bike thing going on,, might have to look into it myself. Keep up the good work

• @ninabenson2827
    @ninabenson2827 Před rokem +1

Awesome dude!! I'm glad you're making your Trek easier. 👍🤗😎

• @bellasavadge1302
    @bellasavadge1302 Před rokem +2

Awesome video thank you

• @melissabenoit9641
    @melissabenoit9641 Před rokem +3

E-Cycling looks sooo fuun!!! Awesome video as always Andy!! I needed your video today 😀😀

• @KentSurvival
      @KentSurvival  Před rokem +3

Thanks as always Melissa, Ive had soo much fun on this bike... i love it haha

• @jodybanks43
    @jodybanks43 Před rokem +1

I'm liking the Simon-esque intro (tune)! 😁 I keep seeing the e-bikes everywhere, they look like loads of fun but soooo expensive. Beautiful scenery, the UK is definitely on my bucket list! Thank you for a great video.

• @dubemccready7438
    @dubemccready7438 Před rokem +1

Love the bike and I can imagine how useful it would be in out and about. I never imagined the Thames River would be like this and it is very nice and calming.

• @Catchamat
    @Catchamat Před rokem +1

Such excellent filming!

• @denmar60
    @denmar60 Před rokem

Over in the Pacific Northwest here, very much enjoy your content and delivery. Spot on and keep ‘em coming, we’ll all be watching. 😎

• @anthonysandqvist7704
    @anthonysandqvist7704 Před rokem +1

This one a great one I love to see more like this one with you and Simon doing something like this

• @wildtransmissions2987

Interesting mix…. I love it! Thanks for the upload 🚲 look forward to more on this topic if you fancy sharing !

• @bushcraftcamp5775
    @bushcraftcamp5775 Před rokem +1

as always, a wonderful camping!

• @chicagovasko
    @chicagovasko Před rokem +1

Great show Kent

• @liammalarky3483
    @liammalarky3483 Před rokem +1

Great vid as always. I cycle camped/hunted for 25 years. Got a dog, so bimbled on foot for 14 years. Now I'm getting on in years I need an E-bike! Good to see you in the Fiido as I've been watching the reviews on this for a while. Many thanks.

• @bushlore21
    @bushlore21 Před rokem

Excellent video Andy!! Epic edition!! Enjoyed this!!🙌👍😘

• @williammathieson4947
    @williammathieson4947 Před rokem +1

What a cracking video Andy the E bike looks fun I hope you use it more often and had fun riding it the views on the river were grate and the sun set was tremendous keep the videos coming 👌

• @crazyhazy456
    @crazyhazy456 Před rokem

Great opening to a video...music was epic.. Love it. Glad you are enjoying the bike.

• @claramullen
    @claramullen Před rokem +3

Hi Andy. I love camping on the beach it is very relaxing. Take care.

• @KentSurvival
      @KentSurvival  Před rokem

Hey Clara, thanks as always :D so relaxing out there

• @willlowes7193
    @willlowes7193 Před rokem +14

Great vid Andy. A bike with a “twist and go” type motor, which gives you propulsion without you having to pedal, is not classed as an e-bike in the UK, which means it falls under the license/tax/insurance and other rules associated with a motor vehicle. So that’s quite tricky ground but definitely worth looking into if you do a review vid, as it may well affect whether you want to recommend it or not.
    Oh and if you angle those brake levers downwards a fair bit you might find them much more comfortable to reach 😉

• @todaysworldjw
      @todaysworldjw Před rokem +2

'I've got a new electric bike, I must remember to get it taxed' said no one, ever 😂

• @willlowes7193
      @willlowes7193 Před rokem +3

Exactly. It isn’t really easy to do that in the UK.
      That’s why going on camera and recommending a bike like this might not be a good idea. There are plenty of UK legal pedal-assist e-bikes out there, which people can ride merrily with no worries about legalities.

• @todaysworldjw
      @todaysworldjw Před rokem +2

@@willlowes7193 I get your point, if it's correct, but who is going to be thinking 'road legal' when buying a bicycle?? Surely, its a bike, that you don't have to pedal so much 😒 Also, I don't think he's an official member of the company's staff, so probably not responsible for peoples purchases?? Really

• @markhopo9335
      @markhopo9335 Před rokem +1

Good advice although it looks like it was used off road only not sure if that wild apply

• @stippolyte
      @stippolyte Před rokem +9

Just checked, this bike has a 750w motor so falls under moped/motorcycle rules as you say. For those not aware means can only be ridden without licence, insurance, helmet etc on private land public have no access to. As its part electric thus no emissions its not subject to ved/car tax. If caught by police elsewhere, its points on licence, fine, probably seizure of bike etc. Sad but true UNLESS it was purchased before the 250w motor limit law was introduced, then its legal ?!?

• @kingrafa3938
    @kingrafa3938 Před rokem +1

The sunset and sunrise was beautifully shot. Cool E-Bike Andy and i can see in your face that you're happy with your new toy. San Miguel beer was my first beer in my life lol

• @johndebolt5853
    @johndebolt5853 Před rokem +1

Hi Andy, thanks for the great video as always. Fresh idea the bike. And free swag is great. Lol. Be well and safe.

• @karenpeterson5780
    @karenpeterson5780 Před rokem

Fun video! And I love the music. Thank you!

• @alanarmer8069
    @alanarmer8069 Před rokem

Great video Andy,that’s my favourite spot you camp at⛺️

• @northernembersoutdoors1045

Hey Andy, awesome bike that. the bird of prey you mentioned probably would of been a Marsh Harrier, spring and summer visitors, beautiful so they are. Great camp out as always, cheers.

• @LAHover
    @LAHover Před rokem

Beautiful video!

• @lumpygravyalfresco82
    @lumpygravyalfresco82 Před rokem

Really enjoyed pal. Thank you for sharing. ATB

• @Uglehytten
    @Uglehytten Před rokem

What a wonderful video Andy. That spot looks perfect. Well done as always. Cheers from Denmark! :)

• @harolynallison485
    @harolynallison485 Před rokem +1

I hope you do more videos in this location it is really beautiful and quiet my son bought that same bike he loves it

• @paulseeman6481
    @paulseeman6481 Před rokem

What a charming video Andy, I really like the look of that bike. Might look into getting one or similar.

• @paulwilliamson2943
    @paulwilliamson2943 Před rokem

Another great video Andy and I can see you doing a few camps with the bike ..

• @sionedsart337
    @sionedsart337 Před rokem

Wow! That bike was amazing and looked so much fun 🤩 such a beautiful adventure as always with your videos . Love your new tattoo.. xxxx. Thanks Andy ❤️💋

• @nathankane3704
    @nathankane3704 Před rokem

That ride in looked absolutely bliss

• @hellohellohello6847
    @hellohellohello6847 Před rokem +1

Nice mate, been watching your channel since 5k subs. Still here and loving it :) you got me into camping too!

• @Dwhelan62
    @Dwhelan62 Před rokem

Hi Andy, great vlog as always and yes there a real game changer E bike's i use mine bike packing in the peak district.

• @barbiechase
    @barbiechase Před rokem

Looks like fun Andy! 😊

• @luvstar77
    @luvstar77 Před rokem

Love the music! I’m definitely looking it up to listen more

• @andreamuir5169
    @andreamuir5169 Před rokem

Very much enjoyed watching love the bike 👌

• @ryanmorgan4750
    @ryanmorgan4750 Před rokem +1

I like how you said the San Miguel was nothing special even though the word especial was written across the front of it haha

• @danfresca8033
    @danfresca8033 Před rokem

Awesome to see you on a bike 👍🏻

• @mikedelacruz3135
    @mikedelacruz3135 Před rokem

Awesome episode Sir Andy!! Stunning Ambiance Brotha 👊🏼😎🤙🏼! Cheers from across the pond, California 🇺🇸

• @michigansnowman1523
    @michigansnowman1523 Před rokem

Hay brother I just wanted to take a moment to say thanks for your videos and I love your channel ❤
    Keep up the great work and hope every day is a blast one. Love Michigan snow man ☃️

• @BrianthatiscalledBrian

Nice one, Andy. The bike looks great. 🙂👍

• @RobbietheMann1
    @RobbietheMann1 Před rokem

This made me get one, can't wait to go bikepacking with it

• @lensman7519
    @lensman7519 Před rokem +1

ty great content and cool bike
    cold wind and rain here in aussie

• @AncientHermit
    @AncientHermit Před rokem

Was fun, quite a change of pace on this one Andy. Looks like a fun machine. Thanks for the video, be well. ;)

• @johnfromscotland1050
    @johnfromscotland1050 Před rokem

Andy, great idea, liked the bike....brilliant video as always, cheers bud. 👍👍👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🍺🍺🍺

• @robertchilds9809
    @robertchilds9809 Před rokem

Perfect video! That looks like a great spot. Nothing like steak and a beer on the beach! Love to see you smile.... keep the great videos coming!

• @tarmacdemon
    @tarmacdemon Před rokem

I have built my self an E bike similar to yours but with bigger wheels an all Aluminum frame and racks and a three battery pack system and small trailer with the intention of doing a bit of cycle back packing . . It looks brilliant where you stayed I hope I can find a place just as nice . Great video Andy .

• @allanmason7544
    @allanmason7544 Před rokem

great vid andy keep us posted on the e bike

• @1N0ly
    @1N0ly Před rokem

I’ve been noticing a pattern watching your videos. Man, you can cook!!! Any compadre camping with you is going to eat like a king! Hail King Kent!!!!!

• @thegreatoutdoors3990
    @thegreatoutdoors3990 Před rokem

Best video to date well done.

• @joannebonin5757
    @joannebonin5757 Před rokem

omg that looks so lovely :) thanks for sharing :)