555NM upgrade | more torque and power for my LDV (Maxus) D90 & LDV T60

Sdílet
Vložit
  • čas přidán 6. 09. 2024
  • After already owning my LDV D90 for 2 years I recently discovered the availability of a power upgrade which increases both power and fuel economy. The Elite Drive power module is available for many makes and models of diesel and petrol vehicles and I purchased mine at my local Ssangyong and LDV dealership in Christchurch NZ.
    Find out how it works, what it means for your vehicles factory warranty and my real-life gains from a unit that claims to increase power by up to 30%
    elitedrive.co....
    elitedrive.com...
    christchurchld...

Komentáře • 59

• @komapaiim
    @komapaiim Před rokem +8

Great option for non-Toyota people👍

• @RadRoadAdventures
      @RadRoadAdventures  Před rokem +3

Most definitely, two years ago I had no idea on the brand but having owned this I think it's a great vehicle, does what we need it to do and reliability hasn't been an issue

• @elitedrive1064
    @elitedrive1064 Před rokem +5

Thank you for the amazing review, we really appreciate you showcasing our product. Really impressed with your videos btw super indepth. ;-)

• @RadRoadAdventures

Thank you for developing this! Hopefully this product meets the needs of others and they to can enjoy the extra power and performance also

• @timCole53
      @timCole53 Před rokem +2

do you have a link for Australian customers ? asking $1195 Aud for it here.

• @hagarthestoic3282
    @hagarthestoic3282 Před rokem +3

Thanks for sharing your review. Certainly well worth checking this unit out.
    NZ pricing is excellent. Aussies currently being asked to pay AUD $1,195.00 for the product for the 3 litre Dmax 4jj1 donk.

• @RadRoadAdventures
      @RadRoadAdventures  Před rokem +1

No worries, a D-Max would see some good gains, closer to that 30% extra torque most likely. I'm surprised about the pricing. Thanks for watching.

• @timCole53
      @timCole53 Před rokem

its $1195 for the LDV one here as well,i might order one through LDV N.Z.

• @easyaussietarget3355
    @easyaussietarget3355 Před rokem +3

Its mad how they do these piggy back tuners.
    Why not give us the beast mode off the bat?
    Full credit to LDV for doing this though its awesome.
    Been a die hard Toyota man all my life but as I get older and a little smarter thinking LDV may be my retirement rig.
    Lots of love to my Kiwi brothers and sisters!

• @RadRoadAdventures
      @RadRoadAdventures  Před rokem +2

Funnily enough as a result of making this video the owners of EliteDrive contacted me and I have just recently meet Richard and Jaime who only live 2km from my home!
      They are a lovely couple, Jaime is Australian and Richard a Kiwi and a very talented man. They have given me an EliteDrive throttle controller to review, just replaced the EVC Ultimate9 with this product and what a difference, especially to the gearbox which further helps with throttle lag. Keep an eye on my channel for this review. Thanks for watching

• @nickc6882
      @nickc6882 Před 8 měsíci +1

Quite often it’s to do with fuel quality. Out of the factory the car may be shipped to a variety of different countries. The fuel quality will differ between countries.
      The chip standard will be tuned for the worst possible fuel and with reliability in mind.
      Reliability because people come back to the dealership when it breaks, but not when it’s slower than you would like.
      Once in country, the fuel quality is known and if it’s better than the standard tune accommodates, then the upgrade gets you that level.

• @G.J..Journeys
    @G.J..Journeys Před rokem +2

Looks a great motor for towing the caravan

• @RadRoadAdventures

Matched to the 8 speed ZF gearbox it does the job effortlessly. Handles the tongue weight and a full boot very well too. Thanks for checking out the video.

• @Hemiquaver
    @Hemiquaver Před rokem +2

Awesome bro might have to look into one of these 👌

• @RadRoadAdventures

Definitely speak to Rodney at Christchurch LDV and mention you'd seen this video.

• @Sgten01
    @Sgten01 Před 10 měsíci +3

Have you found any rust issues with this car? Im a tradie looking at maybe one of their utes or vans, but everyone seems to gossip about rust in earlier models when LDV first started in NZ.

• @RadRoadAdventures
      @RadRoadAdventures  Před 10 měsíci +1

Never seen any rust on my vehicle, that issue was somewhat isolated I think

• @Moonlight-zp5rj
    @Moonlight-zp5rj Před 20 dny

Have you tried looking for alloys with OEM PCD for D90? It’s a rare PCD and hard to find alloys for different terrains.

• @stormraider101
    @stormraider101 Před rokem +5

We just ordered our D90 Diesel (largely due to some of the insight gained from your videos). How does the new fuel economy compare to your old figures? 9.1L/100 is what it claims. So I'm curious how close it was to that before the upgrade.

• @RadRoadAdventures

Too soon to say, I've already seen some good results this week I.e we had 7 people on the open road for a short trip of 20 minutes and got 8.2, that's better than what I'm use to seeing for a comparable drive loaded. Would gave usually seen around 9-9.5

• @stormraider101
      @stormraider101 Před rokem +3

​@@RadRoadAdventures that's awesome. Seems like a worthwhile upgrade for the power alone but increased economy is the cherry on top. Thanks for the videos 👍

• @user-fy4nm5ke9q
    @user-fy4nm5ke9q Před rokem +2

I have a same one in China. The Saic have an updated one equipped 48V diesel light-hybrid system called Maxus Territory, which is the same name of Ford's city-SUV. So is there the new one in your country?

• @RadRoadAdventures

Hi, I believe in 2025 this new hybrid diesel is to be released in New Zealand. How is your vehicle doing?

• @axle7398
    @axle7398 Před rokem +2

Gday from Australia! Me and the wife have just got our D90 Diesel. I noted from one of your earlier videos that you had a throttle control unit installed. Did you remove that when you installed the new power chip???

• @RadRoadAdventures

I now have the EliteDrive Smart throttle, such a good pairing with the Power upgrade. The gearbox is smoother, I actually think the EVC made the gearbox clunk sometimes

• @Mike-ld7wn
    @Mike-ld7wn Před rokem +2

Hi Shannon , keen to know how your caravan wiring is set up so that you can pull the van without the blind spot and reverse sensors being a problem.

• @RadRoadAdventures

Hi Mike, initially I had this issue then the workshop received the wiring diagram and when they followed that this all went away.
      My workshop guy Frazer in Christchurch is very switched on.

• @CoralSteel-wm2yb
    @CoralSteel-wm2yb Před 5 měsíci +1

whats fuel economy at 100 ks not 40ks . i get around 7 with my d90 diesel at 100 ks😊

• @AlanSari2714
    @AlanSari2714 Před rokem +2

6.9 ??!!!!!! That's brilliant, was that driving on highway only ? installed by ldv dealer surely won't effect warranty, right ? By the way what's the warranty in NZ? How does it drive on highways? Is it comfertabl? Noisy? Please let us know, thank you

• @RadRoadAdventures
      @RadRoadAdventures  Před rokem

I definitely see some low fuel consumption with this new unit, that 6.9 was driving 15 minutes from home to where I filmed, I was in a 70km/h zone. You are right, this unit doesn't affect the warranty, you can even request it in your new vehicle at my dealership. 5 year 130000km here in NZ.
      The D90 is a beautiful open road vehicle, very quiet, even with at All Terrain tyres.

• @wyc4934
    @wyc4934 Před rokem +1

If your car has stock tyres and without cross bars on the roof I reckon you'll get 0-100 within 10s with the power upgrade

• @RadRoadAdventures
      @RadRoadAdventures  Před rokem

Could be right, the way it pulls from any speed now is certainly noticeable, I'm also sure I could push into the 10's by running the EVC on U9, putting into sport mode and turning up the power on the power module (which is in the instructions how to do but this will increase fuel usage too) however I'm quite happy with the current result.

• @kodiekenyon1434
    @kodiekenyon1434 Před 5 měsíci +1

Hey what roof racks did you buy can you please send me a link??

• @RadRoadAdventures
      @RadRoadAdventures  Před 5 měsíci

www.prorack.co.nz/cars/ldv/d90/2021/5doorsuvflush-rails-150643
      K682 fitting kit with Pro Rack which you can buy at Supercheap etc as well

• @froggit1000
    @froggit1000 Před 4 měsíci +1

How has this worked out after a year, especially towing the caravan,

• @RadRoadAdventures
      @RadRoadAdventures  Před 2 měsíci

I have an issue with the DPF light coming on, only when towing, which is why I'm actually selling it back to the dealer, they cannot stop it from happening which is a real shame as we love this vehicle

• @IanRichardson2
      @IanRichardson2 Před 2 měsíci

Hi Shannon. What does the DPF light mean and what problems can it cause?
      What are you considering for your next vehicle seeing you’re selling this back to the dealer?

• @Mike-ld7wn
    @Mike-ld7wn Před rokem +2

Great video. Thanks Shannon
    Is your d90 a diesel?

• @ramonmartin4908
    @ramonmartin4908 Před 2 měsíci

O to 100 times are kinda pointless, low end pulling power is the important thing here

• @flamexsidhu2155
    @flamexsidhu2155 Před rokem +1

Can you please explain about your tyres size of the wheels and tyre and price and where did you get these we just bought D90 so looking for upgrade

• @RadRoadAdventures

Hi, I purchased from Ozzy Tyres, 20" Hustler Ambush with a 30° offset. At the time the 6 stud wheels in NZ where I am where very limited in options.
      I have 2 review videos, they cover this also.

• @Drakesy
    @Drakesy Před 10 měsíci +1

Can this be installed on the 2.0L petrol d90?

• @RadRoadAdventures
      @RadRoadAdventures  Před 10 měsíci

elitedrive.co.nz/diesel-power-module/
      It doesn't look like it is available as yet

• @osifig01
    @osifig01 Před 10 měsíci +1

What tyres/wheels are you running? Thanks

• @RadRoadAdventures
      @RadRoadAdventures  Před 10 měsíci

On my channel go over to the review I did, I cannot remember from memory but I got them from Ozzie Tyres

• @codysenior7514
    @codysenior7514 Před rokem +1

Is this for the new twin turbo or the single turbo?

• @RadRoadAdventures

Hi Cody, this is the new Bi-Turbo, it first came out in the D90 around April 2020 and was then launched in the T60 about a year ago now.

• @tyzon00800
    @tyzon00800 Před rokem

No dyno , how did you get the improvement numbers or was that just on the packet 🤣🤣🤣looks like a generic tune ,= waste of time
    Unless you have it put on a dyno it’s bull @#$&

• @RadRoadAdventures

My understanding is within Australasia where the diesel spec is all the same an original engine was dyno tuned, only increasing rail pressure and turbo boost and this is an effective plug and play option. Results vary from one type of vehicle to another I.e some will see around 30% increase in power and torque whereas this LDV was half that, all within safe limits set out by the vehicle manufacturer

• @DW-10
      @DW-10 Před rokem +2

Who cares what the actual numbers are. What is interesting is the end result/feel. Every dyno will yield a different result. Temp, heat soak etc all impact results even on the same dyno. Dyno numbers are not an absolute point of truth. They are a relative point of reference.

• @RadRoadAdventures

It overtakes so much quicker and smoother, real life feedback right there

• @tyzon00800
    @tyzon00800 Před rokem

You did 12.5 klms and then say your fuel was 6.9 what a load of crap

• @RadRoadAdventures
      @RadRoadAdventures  Před rokem +7

Doubt what you want, like I care

• @tyzon00800
      @tyzon00800 Před rokem

@@RadRoadAdventures misleading bullshit

• @dread8887
      @dread8887 Před 5 měsíci

It has an 8-speed gearbox I'm sure you can get this type of kilometre range on a highway