Komentáře •

• @davidknight6652
    @davidknight6652 Před měsícem +1

This procedure just saved my 2008 Saab 9-3 2.0t. Now is running fine again. Thank you for this video to help us resurrect these cars to enjoy more. Big shout out to the TrionicTuning community for blessing us with the software and instructions on how to perform this.

• @revolution12567
    @revolution12567 Před 2 lety +4

This video helped out so much! Thank you for making this video. I had not been able to see a video of anyone doing the exact same ecu swap I was attempting. Step by step this worked perfectly and flawlessly! I'm glad the Saab community is what it is today as my poor 93 would have been down for probably longer, and would have cost a good amount more to have someone else diagnose and fix.

• @brianbilodeau5621
    @brianbilodeau5621 Před rokem +1

I just did this today. 2005 9-3 with a donor 2004 ECU ($30.0). Car is totally like new again. With new laptop it was really only 20 min to flash. OBD SX cable came all set right out of the box as well. Thank you for posting this video. this just saved me thousands of dollars. 😃

• @trevorgameurl1644
      @trevorgameurl1644 Před rokem

By chance your able to find another donor ecu? They are obsolete here where I’m at.

• @brianbilodeau5621
      @brianbilodeau5621 Před 7 měsíci

I just did it once more just today to another one. I got three used of the bay.@@trevorgameurl1644

• @Film360MediaMental
    @Film360MediaMental Před 4 lety +1

I am tackling this process today. Thanks for uploading this video. Very straight to the point and informative. New Sub to your channel

• @meca13b
    @meca13b Před 10 měsíci +1

Very detailed explanation as the rest of your content !
    Liked and subbed ✔️

• @user-cr1qw6rx5o
    @user-cr1qw6rx5o Před 3 lety +1

Thank for your video. I flash my car today, all OK.

• @GhiathAw
    @GhiathAw Před rokem

Thank you for uploading this video it is work for me read and clone

• @dirk5950
    @dirk5950 Před 4 lety +1

Great video.

• @OlivierGandou
    @OlivierGandou Před 3 lety +4

Just did the 'read ECU' bit today (waiting for the spare ECU I ordered to flash it). Note if you're getting a 'frame dropped' problem: you might need to try with a more modern laptop (that was my issue). Also: in my case I found it is very important NOT to move the laptop once the read process has started. Any time the cable moved - even a hair - triggered a cascade of 'frame dropped' messages and the process eventually failed every time. If I left the laptop sitting in one place and undisturbed throughout the process it worked beautifully. Again, great video!!

• @heathermartin9714
      @heathermartin9714 Před rokem

I have a newer computer and it keeps saying dropped frame and then says local data doesn't match ecu

• @vtk5
      @vtk5 Před rokem +1

Me too!!!

• @vtk5
      @vtk5 Před rokem

@@heathermartin9714did you ever get it figured out?

• @makaveli6022
      @makaveli6022 Před 3 měsíci

Make sure you update your drivers before doing the flash and it will work

• @Joemama-km9np
    @Joemama-km9np Před 2 lety +2

Thanks my man, I just finished flashing my ECU and car started up. Key was keeping the car on a charger to finish process because my battery dropped down to 9 volts while flashing (charger had shut off) but still finished flashing. Last ECU flash part took 30 minutes for me.

• @elfkind5590
    @elfkind5590 Před 4 lety +1

Hmmm, direct quote from the forum.... “ Also like it says in the guide don't use the MCP from your ECU. Just use a fresh one from the MCP dump section. These are 100% okay and working. “

• @joepiazza1105
    @joepiazza1105 Před rokem +1

I have 2007 Saab 93 2.0T. Where can I find an ECM/ECU with assurances that it is not faulty with the same issue?

• @anthonyrussell7548
    @anthonyrussell7548 Před rokem +2

This video does an excellent job explaining the process. I have completed the task of reading/saving my car ECU files (T8 and MCP). The ECU that I want to replace has a part number 55567225. I need to verify that that this process will work to marry an ECU 55567225 to 55565020 or 55353231. I am having trouble finding the ECU 55567225.

• @TheFlyingMechanicDIY
      @TheFlyingMechanicDIY Před rokem

The part number doesnt matter, it will work for any ECU that is called T8

• @anthonyrussell7548
      @anthonyrussell7548 Před rokem

@@TheFlyingMechanicDIY Today I tried process car would no start. I did not get message to transfer VIN number when i flashed T8 main. i am wondering if checkbox for unblock partition was left unchecked when i copied my old ECU? Have damaged my new ECU? Cant do anything now.---------------

• @boostredlinesyndicate6493

Hello and thank you in advance, can you save and backup ECU info on any car or does it have to be the car it's programmed to? Reason I ask is I want to flash new ECU info but want to be able to go back if needed.

• @samuelruiz798
    @samuelruiz798 Před 3 lety

Hi, i downloaded the can flasher on Windows 10 and it's not working what can i do?
    T8 has a option on reading the ecu
    T8 work but not the canflasher?

• @barrysiegel5128
    @barrysiegel5128 Před 4 lety +1

Thank you for the great video! I have a question, I would like to copy my ECU, with stage 1 tuning, to a spare ECU. There are no SAAB service facilities near. If I copy the T8 main & MCP will the stage 1 tune copy to my spare ECU. That way, if I have a ECU failure I will have a spare ECU with VIN & Key programing as well as stage 1Tune? Again thanks for the work, I have subscribed!

• @picoale
    @picoale Před 4 lety +2

Noone reached your deep knowledge about 9.3 NG on CZcams! Please keep posting! Just one question: Can you upgrade the engine map from 150 hp to 175 hp on a B207 engine via this method?
    Thank you

• @TheFlyingMechanicDIY
      @TheFlyingMechanicDIY Před 4 lety +1

In that way, no you cant.
      But if reach that forum, u will be able to find a tuning map for your specific car (year/motor/gearbox/location) which will usually raise the horsepower around 40hp

• @picoale
      @picoale Před 4 lety +2

Thank you! Honestly want to keep it simple, it’s known that 1.8t (150hp) and 2.0t base (175hp) are the same engine with a different map, would be super to simply get from them the OEM map for the last one to flash it on the 150hp

• @milosrog
      @milosrog Před 3 lety +1

@@picoale In T8Suite you have already implemented map to upgrade 1.8t to 2.0t (175hp) ... on that forum a few things are available without ranks, post, levels.. but this is one of them .. just a few clicks in this software which is free :)

• @picoale
      @picoale Před 3 lety +1

Waited for a year, thank you pal!

• @robertrukidding3055
    @robertrukidding3055 Před 4 lety

Another very good video. Thanks. Question: What is the difference between T8 MCP and T8 Main? Also you say to set latency to 16ms, Trionic site says 2ms. Thank you.

• @TheFlyingMechanicDIY
      @TheFlyingMechanicDIY Před 4 lety

Thats whats working for me .. could be different for u

• @kermit80526
      @kermit80526 Před 4 lety +1

@@TheFlyingMechanicDIY Thanks. I did mine and it worked out well at 16ms.

• @bernatg6572
    @bernatg6572 Před 4 lety +1

Thanks for this video, only a question, is the contact swich ON all the time?

• @TheFlyingMechanicDIY

Bernat G which contact switch exactly !!

• @bernatg6572
      @bernatg6572 Před 4 lety

@@TheFlyingMechanicDIY I cloned my ecu, the question was for recover ecu only

• @TheFlyingMechanicDIY

Bernat G hey, if u mean ignition switch then keep it ON unless trionic software tell u to switch it off

• @mikehorb9485
    @mikehorb9485 Před 4 lety

Have you attempted to manipulate the software in the actual Trionic 8 suite? The flasher is a life saver for repairing an ECU tune on the married original ECU, but does nothing for installing a different ECU from a different vehicle correct? That requires a Tech2 to get an ECU to be married to any SID integrated system? If youve looked around through the tuning software, have you been brave anough to alter anything?

• @TheFlyingMechanicDIY

Ofcourse the flasher can copy the original ecu to any new ecu , for the tuner i dis few things here and there, but only minor adjustments

• @catar93
    @catar93 Před rokem

Hello friend fiat croma 2.2 benzine have same can ı read with can flasher?

• @dingbat5653
    @dingbat5653 Před rokem

Hello, I’m doing all these steps but my process seems too quick. I’m using windows 11 and I don’t get any key verification process at all - car of course does not start

• @thanosgalanis6940
    @thanosgalanis6940 Před 8 měsíci +1

Hello. In the settings of the Trionic CAN Flasher, do you have unlocking the partitions and unlocking the boot when you record from the old ECU and then to the new one checked?
    In the trionictuning forum in the registration what answer do you have dose to the security question because I can't find it and the admin doesn't answer emails.

• @TheFlyingMechanicDIY
      @TheFlyingMechanicDIY Před 8 měsíci +1

I cant recall from memory, i dont have immediate access to my laptop.
      But the safest thing is start with these unchecked for both, and see when u flash the new module if it pops the vin transfer msg, if it doesnt then redo it with them checked ..

• @thanosgalanis6940
      @thanosgalanis6940 Před 8 měsíci

Thank you!
      @@TheFlyingMechanicDIY

Local data does not match eCU. What does it mean when it says that

• @OlivierGandou
    @OlivierGandou Před 3 lety +1

Thank you so much for this video! It's incredibly helpful. I have a 2004 9-3 Aero throwing up codes P0201 through P0204 and P0245 so I'm going to do this. But I'm kind of confused about which used ECU to get. I was told "you can buy any ECU with any #, it doesn't matter". But it can't be any ECU, right? It has to be for a 2003-2011 2.0L model, right? I see some ECUs on eBay which I don't think will fit my car... my own model is a 55353231. So basically anything with the same connectors and same holes mounting pattern?

• @TheFlyingMechanicDIY
      @TheFlyingMechanicDIY Před 3 lety +2

Any ECU from a 2.0 saab 93 2003-2011 will work .. just like hus_sho told u on the forum 🤣

• @OlivierGandou
      @OlivierGandou Před 3 lety +1

@@TheFlyingMechanicDIY :-D Great, thanks. That stuff can be confusing if you're not familiar with it... in the end it looks like there'd be no advantage to go with a different model, as far as I can tell different models are not cheaper than mine. Thank you so much, great video!

• @NahasMajeedA
      @NahasMajeedA Před 3 lety

@@OlivierGandou Plot Twist: Hus_sho is The Flying Mechanic 🤣

• @OlivierGandou
      @OlivierGandou Před 3 lety

@@NahasMajeedA Ah, had no idea!

• @adrianleon1731
    @adrianleon1731 Před 3 lety +1

Thanks so much for this detailed and well explained video. Was a success. Question though.. With my old ecu I would keep getting p0033 codes and lean codes even though all my hoses, boost solenoid and everything were good. Coilpacks and spark plugs would also go bad after a month or two. Should this new ecu fix that problem?

• @TheFlyingMechanicDIY
      @TheFlyingMechanicDIY Před 3 lety

I dont think a new ECU will fix that.
      Remove the bypass valve diaphragm and inspect it.

• @adrianleon1731
      @adrianleon1731 Před 3 lety

@@TheFlyingMechanicDIY I replaced the bypass valve with an aftermarket one. Forge Motorsport, and because I'm tuned I used the right spring setting

• @TheFlyingMechanicDIY
      @TheFlyingMechanicDIY Před 3 lety +1

@@adrianleon1731 revert to stock valve and see

• @adrianleon1731
      @adrianleon1731 Před 3 lety

@@TheFlyingMechanicDIY And as far as coilpacks going bad after 1 month of heavy driving ? I bought oem mitsubishi coilpacks brand new and they're now taking a shit on me. Would that be something caused by a faulty bypass valve too?

• @TheFlyingMechanicDIY

@@adrianleon1731 no not at all, these coils never fail in less than 10 years .. but why would u say they failed ? How do u know?

• @saabdashcamsweden4424
    @saabdashcamsweden4424 Před 4 lety +1

did you run into problems with your ECU? thats why you swapped or is it the new one just mapped differentaly?

• @markjanetti9501
    @markjanetti9501 Před rokem

Nice video, tried it today, seems to read ECU's ok but when I try flash it goes through the whole process I do not get the prompted to change VIN # and after completed I run read info and nothing changed

Hello, when is it that you can skip mcp step. It's it when both cars are 2006 and older, AND flashing off the car or just similar years? Thanks

• @TheFlyingMechanicDIY
      @TheFlyingMechanicDIY Před 2 lety +1

Mcp flashing is not required if both the car and the spare ECU are from the same era, there are two eras (2006 and before) (2007 and up)

• @bananarsle
    @bananarsle Před 3 lety +1

Question, in a "Tech2 perspective" all ecus needs to be virginized before they can be used in another car. As far as I understand thats only necessary when you are working with original software. So, does the ecu needs to be virginized or not? :)

• @TheFlyingMechanicDIY
      @TheFlyingMechanicDIY Před 3 lety +2

No ECU need to virginized, tech2 can work with all modules being used/new, add them to the car and program them if required.

• @bananarsle
      @bananarsle Před 3 lety

​ @The Flying MechanicDIY I'm very thankful for your answer. Sorry for asking again (I'm lacking good english) but do you mean that it doesn't need to be virginized if you are using the cable and software you are using? :)

• @markomet8
    @markomet8 Před 3 lety

Hello, thanks a lot for this video. I have one question, I bought a new ecu that has a hirch map with +50 horses. When I insert a new ecu with this method, can I return the old ecu at any time, say in the winter? Or when I put the old ecu back I have to reprogram again? Thanks

• @TheFlyingMechanicDIY

If u used this method then the hirsch map is gone u just copied ur stock map into the new ECU

• @markomet8
      @markomet8 Před 3 lety

@@TheFlyingMechanicDIY How can i set up a new ECU? Can I somehow use your method but to keep a new map when I'm done? Thank you very much

• @TheFlyingMechanicDIY

@@markomet8 if you want to keep the map that came with the ECU u will need a saab tech2 and TIS software access

• @shaunydepp3665
    @shaunydepp3665 Před 4 měsíci

The link doesn't work for the software-txsuite.

• @adrianleon1731
    @adrianleon1731 Před 3 lety +1

Ok so I copied the t8 and main from my old ecu to the new one. My old one has a stage 1 tune. I dont have to separately flash the tune in the new one do I? I kind of wanted to copy the necessary information from my old one without transferring the tune :/

• @nelsonjaneiro5543
    @nelsonjaneiro5543 Před 4 lety +1

i have a ecu to replace the one on the car but on back of the ecu the number are different from the one i but from the junkyard is that make a difference or not i got it from the same car can you help me please...

• @TheFlyingMechanicDIY

nelson janeiro if you use this method its no problem .. but with tech2 u cant do it

• @dougbrown3144
    @dougbrown3144 Před 3 lety +2

Great video! I am getting educated on flashing a rebuilt ECU ($700). Do I need to bother using my Tech 2, for a swap? The old one will be a core, and sent back to Eeuroparts, most likely to be rebuilt. I purchased a Tripp-lite keyspan USB to Serial adaptor, USA-19HS, since I don't have a built in serial port. On the CANFlasher program, what adaptor ,mode should I use? I noticed when connecting the adaptor only, OBDLink SX lit up COM10, which is the correct com port. Would love to hear from you! Doug

• @TheFlyingMechanicDIY

I would rather use the tech2 with GlobalTIS if i have it cause then i will download the latest software for my ECU which have more fixes and better fuel trims. For the can flasher and obdlinksx i use what ever the computer decides to assign port number it doesn’t matter, however when using tech2 as far as i remember with usb adapter, select a port number for ur USB adapter with one digit (1-9) and make sure it matches the port number in GlobalTIS security access program and the SPS program.

• @dougbrown3144
      @dougbrown3144 Před 3 lety

@@TheFlyingMechanicDIY Yes, I do have a Tech2 and GlobalTIS. Where could I download the latest ECU software? I will be installing a rebuilt ECU, purchased from Eeuroparts.com (rebuilt in Germany). They required my VIN when purchasing, to get me the correct ECU. Also, what file holds my VIN and key data? Is this separate from the updated software? Do I have to divorce the old ECU, and marry the new one, I know tech 2 for this. Sorry so many questions, I just want to get it right.

• @TheFlyingMechanicDIY

Doug Brown , no need to do a divorce, just install the ECU and perform ADD through tech2, it will ask for security access, run the security access tab from global TIS while the tech2 is connected to laptop and car (tech2 must be in the main screen) follow the instructions on the security access prompt then once u r granted security access go back to tech2 and complete the ADD.
      After you are done with that, select the SPS tab from GlobalTIS, follow the screen instructions (make sure you select T8 ECM) and this will download the latest software to your ECU.

• @TheFlyingMechanicDIY

Doug Brown this is how SPS work, its the same for all modules
      czcams.com/video/vSSejv6wsck/video.html

• @dougbrown3144
      @dougbrown3144 Před 3 lety

@@TheFlyingMechanicDIY My globalTIS is a cracked version, so downloads aren't going to happen, otherwise I will brick GlobalTIS. However, I do have Admin access, with it. I may, for now, just clone my old ECU, to get me going. I was clocking about 30MPG, and my 2.0T, B207R is 210HP, out of the factory.

• @jozefnashashibi9332
    @jozefnashashibi9332 Před rokem

hello i have problem in my 93 ecu and i buy another one new i want to put in but maybe i have to remp the old ecu map to the new ecu. this is what the video about like that plz help

• @kakashi99908
    @kakashi99908 Před 14 dny

Do you recommend cheap ebay ECUs or like a specific website? You can buy two cheap ebay ones for the cost of 1 on saab parts.

• @TheFlyingMechanicDIY
      @TheFlyingMechanicDIY Před 14 dny

99% of the ECUs on eBay are broken, people sell their own broken shi**

• @nedlerswedlers19
    @nedlerswedlers19 Před 4 lety +1

Just got the P0201-P0204 and P0245 and P0246 on my 06 93. I already changed the solenoids on the turbo and the throttle body and no luck. I'm guessing it's gotta be the ecu and I'm hoping that it doesn't lead to it actually being injector troubles. The guy programming for me says that any Ecu for the b207r Auto or manual should work and that it's best if I get an 06 Ecu from the junk yard if I can. I'm at 134k and have Cel and half boost

• @TheFlyingMechanicDIY

Yaa, its definitely the ECU .. if he is using tech2 only for the installation then the ECU must be from same year/engine/tranny. If he is using tech2 and TIS then the ECU can be from any car 06 or before . If he is using Trionic flasher then it doesnt matter where u get the ECU from

• @nedlerswedlers19
      @nedlerswedlers19 Před 4 lety +1

@@TheFlyingMechanicDIY I see thank you for the info I'll make sure to ask how he's going to go about it so it'll go smooth with no snags.

• @OS-fl5hx
      @OS-fl5hx Před 3 lety

@@TheFlyingMechanicDIY I also have the same error codes on a 2007 9-3. I tried using Trionic Flasher to clone my ECU but each time when I flash to the new ECU, I am not prompted by the software to write the key data/VIN information. The old VIN number remains on the flashed ECU. What could be the issue?

• @markhoez1
      @markhoez1 Před 3 lety

@@OS-fl5hx you didn't check the box that says .. unlock system partition like at :26 seconds... If it's grayed out make sure to do it before you read ecu.. Happened to me lol

• @KaitainCPS
    @KaitainCPS Před 2 lety +1

So does this mean that if you were able to swap your own car's computer into a stranger's car, you could then use your keys to drive that car away, then back home where you could flash the other computer removed from the stolen car with your computer's signature, put the loose computer back in your car, and then your keys would be good in both cars?
    (I don't intend to try this, btw.)

• @h016671
    @h016671 Před 2 lety +1

My spare ecu has a stage 1 map on it which I want to keep. Is there a way to do this?

• @AlexSakellaris
    @AlexSakellaris Před 4 lety +1

Shouldn't the battery be disconnected before disconnecting/removing the ECU?

• @TheFlyingMechanicDIY

It doesnt matter in this ECU, other cars and ECUs may be different.
      But feel free to do it if it makes u happy

• @vtk5
    @vtk5 Před rokem

Would this work between any year (2003+) ECU's as long as they came off the same engine? Meaning, could I buy an ECU from an '04 (or any other year) and clone my '07 ECU onto it as long as they are both 2.0T's?

• @svenskaLance
    @svenskaLance Před rokem +1

Is this for people without a TECH2 or is this for anyone who wants to copy data across? If you get a like for like ECU part number then a copy won't be needed right?

• @TheFlyingMechanicDIY
      @TheFlyingMechanicDIY Před rokem +1

Correct it is for people without a tech2, or for people that have tunes installed.
      Matching the number on the ecu does not guarantee the software matching though .

• @svenskaLance
      @svenskaLance Před rokem +1

@@TheFlyingMechanicDIY Thanks for confirming. Your videos are superb and help us keep SAAB's on the road :)

• @joshrawks21
    @joshrawks21 Před 4 lety +1

Can you explain what you mean by connecting the car to a charger or maintainer? Can't I just leave the car connected to the battery and do the ecu swap?

• @TheFlyingMechanicDIY

When u do the ECU swap u actually should disconnect the battery before disconnecting ur ECU , and only reconnect the battery after u connect ur ECU.
      What im talking about here is while u r performing programming ..

• @joshrawks21
      @joshrawks21 Před 4 lety

@@TheFlyingMechanicDIY I understand disconnecting the battery when I remove the ecu or install the ecu. But what I wanted to know is when deleting everything off the donor ecu and then grabbing your tune off your original ecu the battery is connected and everything should be okay? There's no risk of it dying unless you have a bad battery yes? Also if the donor ecu is from a 2004/9³ and you have a 2008 ecu/9³ when you format the donor ecu what option do you click on tronic program when you have to pick what ecu you're working on?

• @TheFlyingMechanicDIY

joshrawks21 if your battery is ok, then no need for charger. U dont format the ECU, you copy the main and MCP softwares from the old ecu, then put then on the new ecu (start with the mcp then main)

• @vajalabadze28
    @vajalabadze28 Před 4 lety

Hello! my saab also needs to chande ecu.so i have one question.Should i use the ecu from saab with different oem number for writing my ecu in that one?

• @dannybanknote1169
    @dannybanknote1169 Před 3 lety +1

I had 2 ecm s flashed but the codes say all injector circuits are open and runs bad
    what the solution??
    I put new injectors in

• @serenahansen2394
    @serenahansen2394 Před 3 lety

Do ECUs ever go bad without any fault codes? My car won't start when you turn the key (not even a click) but the ignition comes on and the car can be jumped from the starter relay, runs for ten seconds then stalls.
    Wiring from the ECU to relay box is fine, and from the relay box to the starter motor. Relays are all okay.
    Auto electrician that came out tested the key and that is working but said there was no start signal anywhere on the CAN network when the key is turned. Definitely not an immobiliser problem, and I have sent the ECU away to be cloned off the car (to a reputable ECU company) but I want to make sure I am not likely to spend a lot of money for the problem to stay.
    I have a spare CIM with the correct ident code but auto electrician seemed hesitant to try that. He does have Tech2.
    Thanks in advance x

• @TheFlyingMechanicDIY

Yes it can go bad without codes however it is least likely .
      If there is no start request pid, then it is probably ISM .

• @serenahansen2394
      @serenahansen2394 Před 3 lety +1

@@TheFlyingMechanicDIY Thank you for your reply - I have a space CIM and ignition barrel to try after this. Car is a Vectra C so slightly different but has the Z20NET / B207 engine and T8 ECU. Would you recommend staying away from the Chinese Tech2 / Opcom units?

• @TheFlyingMechanicDIY

@@serenahansen2394 i use the Chinese ones with no issues

• @serenahansen2394
      @serenahansen2394 Před 3 lety +1

@@TheFlyingMechanicDIY Thank you so much for the quick replies. It may end up paying for itself for personal use with how frequently the modules seem to fail in these cars. Wouldn't risk it on someone elses car.

• @heathermartin9714
    @heathermartin9714 Před rokem

Mine keeps saying dropped frame then says local data doesn't match ecu when I'm trying to read my original ecu on the car? Any suggestions 🤔 🤷‍♀️

• @vtk5
      @vtk5 Před rokem

I had this same problem too for some reason turning ignition to off after it gave a message about the boot loader fixed it. That’s what the online canflasher guide said to do. I didn’t do other steps it recommended though, I left my latency on 16 and it was fine. That was just for getting ecu info and reading though. Having trouble flashing now…

• @hbk12396
    @hbk12396 Před 3 lety +1

I have my original 2007 sabb 9-3 Manuel trans ecu and a replacement 2007 sabb 9-3 but this ecu comes from an automatic . Do I need to do another step ? Will I have any issues

• @TheFlyingMechanicDIY

If u clone it with this method nothing else is required ..

• @hbk12396
      @hbk12396 Před 3 lety

Very cool ! You the man

• @hbk12396
      @hbk12396 Před 3 lety

FYI my original Manuel ecu is damaged is that an issue at all earthier

• @hbk12396
      @hbk12396 Před 3 lety

@@TheFlyingMechanicDIY

• @TheFlyingMechanicDIY

@@hbk12396 as long as it can communicate then no problem ..

• @Mogman150
    @Mogman150 Před rokem

My car is a 2006 2.0T. Can I re-program any Trionic T8 Saab 9-3 computer as a replacement, or does it have to be a 2003 - 2006?

• @asbunce
    @asbunce Před 3 lety

I never got a prompt to transfer the VIN and key data to the new ECU. The rest of the flash completed properly, and now the car won't start. Is there a way to transfer the key and VIN data over separately?

• @TheFlyingMechanicDIY

No, ur setup is incorrect and you need to re do the flash.. try reducing com speed

• @asbunce
      @asbunce Před 3 lety

@@TheFlyingMechanicDIY Does it matter if it is just for the flash? Or do I need to redo the read and flash at different speeds. It still isn't prompting me to change or the VIN and key information to the new ECU.

• @TheFlyingMechanicDIY

@@asbunce from the Trionic software make sure u have the following options CHECKED: ( I KNOW WHAT I AM DOING & UNLOCK SYSTEM PARTITION)

• @vtk5
    @vtk5 Před rokem

When I click read ECU and then hit save for the file it tries for a while and then will give me some lines about dropping and retrying frames and after nearly 10 minutes it just says operation failed. Does anyone know why?

• @vtk5
      @vtk5 Před rokem

Nvm for some reason turning the key to off position after boot loader starts fixed it. Read it on the online guide

• @MANILLEDOLORO
    @MANILLEDOLORO Před 11 měsíci +1

Hi guys ,good video but i have a problem for write in new ecu.I have saab 93 and i buy vectra t8 ecu.Ecu saab read perfect.But when i write in opel ecu ,i have blocked at bootloader unlock.what is problem? Thanks

• @imanwan2861
    @imanwan2861 Před 3 lety

Hi, my Window 7 laptop does not have Port option, then I added Port in device manager. It gets Windows cannot determine the settings for this device. Consult the documentation that came with this device and use the Resource tab to set the configuration. (Code 34) Seem like driver problem to me. Do you have any idea? I search online and got no clue.

• @TheFlyingMechanicDIY

Make sure u install the correct driver , and while the device is connected to ur laptop u should be able to see the device listed under ports .

• @imanwan2861
      @imanwan2861 Před 3 lety

@@TheFlyingMechanicDIY It does not have a correct driver to install for the port in device manager, and there are no option for the adapter in Trionic flash. Also the OBDwiz did not install correctly as well.

• @imanwan2861
      @imanwan2861 Před 3 lety

@@TheFlyingMechanicDIY Is Window 10 laptop work?

• @imanwan2861
      @imanwan2861 Před 3 lety +1

@@TheFlyingMechanicDIY I got a Window 10 laptop work. Everything is good. Thanks for your video post.

• @thetinmannc
    @thetinmannc Před 3 lety

Can you send off an ecu and have another pre loaded if a owner has no tech tools?

• @Ammour_Nadir_Automotive
    @Ammour_Nadir_Automotive Před 3 měsíci

can you flash with the ECU off the car ? ( on table )

• @JC-pp7hd
    @JC-pp7hd Před 4 lety +1

i am sorry to bother you. but i bought a tronic 8 ecu that someone had cloned a stage 2 tune to from their car. no one in my state knows how to marry the ecu from my car into the tuned ecu. i have been told i need a tech 2 programmer. but it seems this software bypasses that. i am wondering if and how you can marry the vin into this tuned ecu. if you can help i would be blessed man. i hope to hear back. i just dont want to wipe the tune i payed for. also the guy i bought the tuned ecu from is going to send me the tune files if there is a way to use them to flash my ecu

• @TheFlyingMechanicDIY

Unfortunately the only way is to have a tech2 and TIS software, and without me having access to the car physically i cant help.
      I can suggest you subscribe to the saabcentral forum, and post ur location, u might find someone near to u that will do it for free even.

• @toby5710
    @toby5710 Před 4 lety +2

I just recently had my ecu done on my 07 aero!
    It’s had a fault with the injector control system and the car ran terrible and smoke a lot! There is a lot of good information on the Saab forums and after searching there it confirmed my ecu was toast! £250 for a used ecu and £50 at my local Saab specialist for programing via tech 2! He also said he did all the updates? Do you have any idea what these updates do?!

• @pascalliegeois4460
    @pascalliegeois4460 Před 11 měsíci

Hello, I tried, everything went well, but the car does not start, no starter, no error message, do you have an idea?

• @TheFlyingMechanicDIY
      @TheFlyingMechanicDIY Před 11 měsíci

Battery low maybe .. but why u replaced the ECU ??

• @pascalliegeois4460

@@TheFlyingMechanicDIY I have a charger plugged in. because I've codes P0201 0202 0203 0204 0245 and 0246 and difficult hot start

• @TheFlyingMechanicDIY
      @TheFlyingMechanicDIY Před 11 měsíci

@@pascalliegeois4460 does the car crank now ?

• @pascalliegeois4460

@@TheFlyingMechanicDIY I tried with a computer with Win 7, everything works, thanks!

• @Angell-Angell
    @Angell-Angell Před 3 lety +1

Good afternoon. I have a 2003 saab linear 9-3 2.0t..i have replace the computer on it and also did a stage 1 upgrade on it (since I was going to replace the computer).. I've put the computer on the car and now this codes came up..
    P2127,PO641,PO441..
    I've check continuity from the computer connector to the gas pedal and everting check ok I also replace the gas pedal and throttle body just too rule out any hardware malfunction.. The reason why I change the computer is because it burn pin one on the connector closest to the battery.. Could it be that when copying the data of my old computer it also copy this codes and put it in the new computer??.. Any body had this codes come up before??.. And information will be appreciated!!..

• @TheFlyingMechanicDIY

Read this link, check the big grey connector under the battery, remove the ECU and inspect for bent pins, no software will copy any codes that u cant clear .
      From memory u replaced the connector as well, maybe u wana double check all the wires are correct .
      www.saabcentral.com/threads/the-big-grey-connector-under-the-battery-h42-2-h24-2-connectors-same-connector-just-different-name-depend-on-model-year.736374/

• @Angell-Angell
      @Angell-Angell Před 3 lety

@@TheFlyingMechanicDIY Yes I will double check the connector..I was thinking about just replacing the engine wire harness just to make sure all wires are where they supposed to be..

• @joshrawks21
    @joshrawks21 Před 3 lety

So I just tried doing this myself and wonder what could go wrong? How do I know I copied the files correctly and they are readable? As when I tried to flash the ecu and install the two bin files for some reason I never get to the verify your key screen and it seems like it didn't install the files.

• @TheFlyingMechanicDIY

Start with a fresh screen, when the process is finished read what ls on the screen it should say job done and u shouldn’t see any failed items

• @joshrawks21
      @joshrawks21 Před 3 lety

@@TheFlyingMechanicDIY big error i ran into for whatever reason cloning the ecu to another working one wasn't successful at all and I dont seem to know why. But even worse I put on my old ecu and my car didn't turn on how is that possible if I didn't flash my original ecu just copied the files off of it. How can I get it back running with my ecu that's giving out? I need major help please help me out

• @TheFlyingMechanicDIY

joshrawks21 .. what was the issue with ecu that triggered the replacement ? Can u read faults from the car and see whats in there ? Try disconnecting the battery for 30min , and i suggest u send me at the email from the info section .

• @joshrawks21
      @joshrawks21 Před 3 lety

@@TheFlyingMechanicDIY email is being sent! You're my only help!

• @asbunce
      @asbunce Před 3 lety

@@joshrawks21 I'm having the same issue as you. Did you get it figured out?

• @Babaa016
    @Babaa016 Před 17 dny

My Saab 9-3 2004 2,0t keep getting P0245 P0201 P0202 P0203 P0204 after around 1 hour of drive, then I send my old ecu to someone to clone it to a “new” ecu, got both back but the car started sound like a tractor and won’t rev above 3000rpm after “new” ecu installed, What you think the problem is? And how to solve it? Is the “new” ecu broken? Please help, it been 2 months now and can’t drive normally.

• @TheFlyingMechanicDIY
      @TheFlyingMechanicDIY Před 17 dny

Whats the fault codes on the current ECU ?? Possible wrong cloning if no codes

• @Babaa016
      @Babaa016 Před 15 dny

@@TheFlyingMechanicDIY unfortunately i don’t have tech2 or other expensive obd, I have a scanner who shows me codes when the check engine light is on. The guy who clone the ecu said that I broke the ecu because I didn’t remove the negative from the battery. But you and many others said it’s caused by improper cloning. It something wrong with the software in the new ecu that he didn’t solve.

• @TheFlyingMechanicDIY
      @TheFlyingMechanicDIY Před 15 dny

@@Babaa016 no removing the cable has zero effect .. do u still have ur old ECU ?

• @Babaa016
      @Babaa016 Před 15 dny

Yes, in the car, works fine in cold weather. Gives me the check engine light when it’s hot. I send back the “new” ecu back to the guy who cloned it. To see what the problem is.

• @kingjpl
    @kingjpl Před 4 lety +1

Hi where can I get the lead and software from?

• @TheFlyingMechanicDIY
      @TheFlyingMechanicDIY Před 4 lety +2

Hi there, its all in the video description

• @kingjpl
      @kingjpl Před 4 lety +1

@@TheFlyingMechanicDIY many thanks, I did spot it LOL
      I may need to flash my new ECM as i don't think the garage that swapped it made updates as I now have a p0325 error code!

• @TheFlyingMechanicDIY

jamie king u mean u wana copy ur old ECU software into the new one , right ! That should work .
      Not sure if a P0325 will be caused by a software though

• @kingjpl
      @kingjpl Před 4 lety

@@TheFlyingMechanicDIY Hi, at the moment I've ordered a replacement CDM (ionization module) hoping it will resolve the issue, but I've also read somewhere that it may be that my new ECM is set to analog reading for the CDM and the model I have changed to Digital reading?!? (So not sure which is true . . .Will let you know when after I've fitted the module)

• @TheFlyingMechanicDIY

jamie king if the car is newer than 2003 and an ECU from 03 was used, then software is ur problem, just copy ur old ecu software to the new one and u should be good to go

• @Choowy
    @Choowy Před 3 lety

Hey brother, Me Again, My Replacement ECU just delivered today. Upon trying to “Get ECU Info” on my Original ECU TrionicCanFlasher v0.1.68.0 it says “Not Responding” and just stays loading. Any idea as to why? It’s driving me crazy

• @TheFlyingMechanicDIY

There is an infinite of reasons why that can happen, hardware compatibility, software compatibility, missing drivers, wrong settings, wrong adapter, failed ECU .
      Its impossible to me to figure our remotely, im sorry .

• @Choowy
      @Choowy Před 3 lety

@@TheFlyingMechanicDIY Hey brother, I appreciate the quick response, I managed to get the ECU cloned to my New ECU, but now the issue is that it won't crank at all. I Charged the battery up to around 12.4v & Nothing. I'm on the verge of just giving up on it and junking it since it's just taking up space on my driveway. I've got till the end of this month to get it running

• @Choowy
      @Choowy Před 3 lety

@@TheFlyingMechanicDIY Any idea as to what it could be? It gave no Codes at all, the new ECU is the same model number as my original one 55353231

• @TheFlyingMechanicDIY

@@Choowy so whats the issue with the old ECU to begin with ?

• @Choowy
      @Choowy Před 3 lety

@@TheFlyingMechanicDIY Crank but no start & No codes. Also, when we cloned the ECU, we didn’t get a pop up like your video shows “Copy Vin & Key to new ECU” the flash just completed with no pop up

• @atyhussain4028
    @atyhussain4028 Před 4 lety

Hi will this work on the 2008 Saab 9-3

• @TheFlyingMechanicDIY

It will .. if it has the Trionic8 ECU

• @atyhussain4028
      @atyhussain4028 Před 4 lety

The Flying MechanicDIY thanks how do I find out that it’s got a Bosch 55666420

• @TheFlyingMechanicDIY

Aty Hussain i dont recognise this part number, and if it sYs Bosch then its definitely not Trionic

• @julioc.velasco6108
    @julioc.velasco6108 Před 2 lety

the page wet no work more

• @neilfoster980
    @neilfoster980 Před 3 lety +1

Simple and straight forward. Didn't work for me. Said it was successful. tried a second time and it says the information is the same. I even tried again on a second ecu. same. VIN number does not change to original. Oh well. I tried.

• @TheFlyingMechanicDIY

Change COM speed sitting to a lower speed and keep trying .

• @neilfoster980
      @neilfoster980 Před 3 lety

@@TheFlyingMechanicDIY thanks, but was already set to as lowest setting.

• @TheFlyingMechanicDIY

@@neilfoster980 try different speeds

• @ericappel4576
      @ericappel4576 Před 3 lety

Same to me today... Did you change the vin?

• @neilfoster980
      @neilfoster980 Před 3 lety

@@ericappel4576 never. Tried many times. Gave up and paid someone $40 to clone 2 for me. One for backup. Good luck.

• @rbell2915
    @rbell2915 Před 2 lety

Mine keeps saying "Dropped Frame. Retrying..."

• @vtk5
      @vtk5 Před rokem

Same! Did you ever get it figured out?

• @rbell2915
      @rbell2915 Před rokem

@@vtk5 I just had to let it sit and eventually it worked. I've been able to program at least 50 ECUs and only once was it not able to work.

• @Tonygee160
    @Tonygee160 Před 4 lety +1

hello there i'm john and i have been trying to find out how to get the sofeware for programming my ecm because the one that is in my saab 93 is bad the car runs but it runs bad. And when i open it up the board was burt so that may be the cause of all of this and i need someone to gide me to what sofeware i need to install on to my laptop i'm running window 10 and if that's okay to have in doing so?

• @TheFlyingMechanicDIY

Here is the download link, u will need to buy the adapter and just follow the steps in the video, its straight forward.
      txsuite.org/download/trionic-can-flasher/