How to operate the KATOOL KT-B700 and KT-T800

Sdílet
Vložit
  • čas přidán 14. 11. 2022
  • Modified, Hey y'all, I've had some questions about operating and using my recent purchase of the KATOOL KT-B700 tire balancer and the KT-T800 tire mount/dismount machines. So here ya go, a crash course on how to use these tire machines, thanks for watching!!
  • Auta a dopravní prostředky

Komentáře • 62

• @nathandearing
    @nathandearing Před 3 měsíci +1

Your how-to link should be included in the operators manual. Great explanation of the use of both machines. Thanks so much!

• @Modified1
      @Modified1  Před 3 měsíci +1

Thanks, I'm still trying to get comfortable talking to a camera, but learning how nonetheless.

• @Myksgarage
    @Myksgarage Před rokem +3

Good explanation of how to use the machine!

• @Modified1
      @Modified1  Před rokem +1

Thanks, I appreciate that. This is my 1st time being on camera, and still very nervous about my content. Any questions just ask, thanks again!!

• @riverbrooks8115
    @riverbrooks8115 Před rokem +3

Love the sound effect for the weight falling off at 18:00 😂😂

• @Modified1

Lol thanks, I'm new to this whole making stuff entertaining thing. I thought it would be hilarious if everytime I dropped something or when anything hit the floor it would explode 😂 🤣.

• @magnetarprime
    @magnetarprime Před rokem +2

I have the same machine at my shop for almost one year, the only scare we had was one day it did not start and it was due to the power switch being loose, this happened on the 10 month after purchased other than that good machine for the price

• @Modified1

I agree, great for the price. I haven't had any issues yet

• @jameswarren4747
    @jameswarren4747 Před 3 měsíci +1

Great vid. I was given this combo set by a friend. It's the kt-t810, but is missing some hose and a dual coupler. Basically, there's 2 small hoses that come out the back housing that I believe runs to the gauge. Any idea the size of the hose? Thanks

• @Modified1
      @Modified1  Před 3 měsíci +2

Thanks, im still learning how to do videos. I believe it's metric either 8 or 10 mm. Thanks for commenting too, it really helps my channel grow!!

• @ryancasey4807
    @ryancasey4807 Před rokem +4

Water based soap lube only, using oil it never evaporates and it can make the tire slip on the rim and the oil can ruin the rubber compound....

• @Modified1
      @Modified1  Před rokem

Don't they sell a special lube for tires? I was using dawn and water, but it would dry so fast when the wind blew. WD40 evaporates after a while and isn't oily or slick at all. Also this is my personal machine. I don't mount and balance tires for anyone else. My friends go though more rear tires in such a short period of time I don't think the oil has time to do any damage.

• @ryancasey4807
      @ryancasey4807 Před rokem +1

@@Modified1 Murphy's tire & lube mountain compound is one of the best you can get, if you get in a 40 lb pail off of Amazon it's around $1 a pound and it lasts forever, because you can use it as full strength which is very much like a coconut oil consistency or a very thick butter, and when you pack it with that that can really help seat the bead, or you can dilute it into a soap water mixture and put it on with a wheel wooly

• @Modified1
      @Modified1  Před rokem

@@ryancasey4807 thanks I'll get some!!

• @ethankoehler5597
    @ethankoehler5597 Před 4 měsíci +1

Have you been able to accurately balance those larger truck tires to the point of no vibration?
    Mine will do car wheels perfectly. But larger wheels and tires like 20” wheel with a 34” tire I still get a vibration

• @Modified1
      @Modified1  Před 4 měsíci +1

I use the opt and split the difference from where it told me to put the weight the 1st time or use weight bags

• @2010bigfathen
    @2010bigfathen Před 7 měsíci +2

I have the exact same machines, I sure wish I had bought the one with the helper arms other than that, all is great with them

• @Modified1
      @Modified1  Před 7 měsíci +3

Me too, but this was all I could afford lol, no complaints they work great!!

• @nathandearing
      @nathandearing Před 3 měsíci +1

They sell the arm as an add-on

• @adamsaghi7959
      @adamsaghi7959 Před měsícem +1

How are they ? This falls withing my budget but am concerned about quality

• @Modified1
      @Modified1  Před měsícem

@adamsaghi7959 they are good quality and operate like tire machines from the late 80's early 90's. I have made back my expense just on my trailers and vehicles alone. Tire machines and lift were an Ebay purchase, and I picked them up east of Katy,TX.

• @2010bigfathen
      @2010bigfathen Před měsícem

@@adamsaghi7959 I’ve had mine for about two years and have had zero problems. The balancer likes to be bolted to the floor.

• @ryancasey4807
    @ryancasey4807 Před rokem +2

You should also always try to use a back cone balance. Put the spring on then the cone then the rim then the rubber against the nut...

• @Modified1
      @Modified1  Před rokem

Thanks man, I tried to set it up that way, but the spin lock doesn't always work with the wheel I'm balancing. Looks like I'm using it backwards huh.

• @ryancasey4807
      @ryancasey4807 Před rokem

@@Modified1 I don't understand, what spin lock?

• @Modified1
      @Modified1  Před rokem

@@ryancasey4807 the quick release speed nut that I have is plastic.

• @ryancasey4807
      @ryancasey4807 Před rokem +1

@@Modified1 That's interesting my wheel balancer came with a metal nut that gets spun on to hold the wheel, maybe try buying an aftermarket one on Amazon, there should be a big rubber boot that came with your wheel balancer as well and that should attach to the quick attach spin on nut to press against the lug nut face of the wheel that your balancing

• @Modified1

@Ryan Casey it has a cup attachment, it's plastic too, but it balances great

• @OldSoulMillennial
    @OldSoulMillennial Před 2 měsíci +1

Looking at this machine myself. Do you regret not getting the model with assist arm? Can your version still do low profile tires?

• @Modified1
      @Modified1  Před 2 měsíci +2

My machine works great. It's been 2+ yrs and not a problem. The lowest profile I've done is a 275/40r20. It does the 225/55r17 run flats on my wife's infinity with no problems. I don't miss the assist arm. Once I did a few tires I learned the little tricks to make it easy. Thanks for commenting on my video it really helps my channel grow!!

• @OldSoulMillennial
      @OldSoulMillennial Před 2 měsíci +2

@@Modified1 Your opinion likely just saved me a few hundred bucks! Thank you!

• @Modified1

It really has worked well for me. It saved me a bunch also!!

• @2010bigfathen
      @2010bigfathen Před měsícem +1

I sure as hell regret not getting the one with assist arms, I won’t even fool with a low profile tire

• @Modified1
      @Modified1  Před měsícem +2

@2010bigfathen I just take my time with it and make sure the bead is in the void of the rim and keep it pushed down in that void while the machine is spinning, and it usually works out. This machine is like a brand new 1990 tire machine. For the $4600 for the lift, tire mount, and balance machines, I can't complain. I'm not using them commercially. However, had they offered the assist version when I bought these, I definitely would have got that one instead. Thank you for commenting on my video it really helps my channel!

• @larrybuckner4827
    @larrybuckner4827 Před rokem +4

Can you please do a calibration video I think I'm gonna get that balancer.

• @Modified1
      @Modified1  Před rokem

The balancer comes calibrated and it's one of the only things in the manual that's easy to do.

• @Modified1
      @Modified1  Před rokem

Did you see the one I did on using it and balancing the 35x10.50r17?

• @Modified1
      @Modified1  Před rokem

I can do one on calibrating too. Thanks!!

• @Modified1

The machine has been very good and I've balanced 14in trailer tires up to some 20x9 with 35x12.50r20 and it's been great every time. Sometimes on larger tires it takes 3 or 4 cycles, but they balance out and we've tried all of them on the interstate with no issues

• @larrybuckner4827
      @larrybuckner4827 Před rokem

Thanks when I get mine I will get in touch with you

• @kameopatterson7378
    @kameopatterson7378 Před 3 měsíci +1

What type of air compressor are you using with it?

• @Modified1
      @Modified1  Před 3 měsíci +1

I have a 30 gal 120psi Kobalt from Lowe's I bought 20 yrs ago. Works great and still kicking!!

• @tacticool_twitorists
    @tacticool_twitorists Před 5 měsíci +1

On the listing for the ktt800 it says it can do up to 41s. do you think thats correct?

• @Modified1
      @Modified1  Před 5 měsíci +2

Mine says 39's I've done 37's just fine

• @tacticool_twitorists
      @tacticool_twitorists Před 5 měsíci +1

@@Modified1 Thanks ordering now then.

• @Modified1
      @Modified1  Před 5 měsíci

@@tacticool_twitorists I've had really good luck with mine

• @GetSocialButterfly
    @GetSocialButterfly Před rokem +1

You wouldn’t happen to have the phone number and the address where you picked up these two machines, would you?? Great video by the way. You sold me.

• @Modified1
      @Modified1  Před rokem +2

I picked them up in Brookshire, TX. No I don't have that info I got these a year ago. Go to katool website and that info is on there. Their 800# is helpful too!

• @GetSocialButterfly

@@Modified1 that’s close to where I live! I am tired of waiting in line at NTB and Discount. Thank you!

• @Modified1

@GetSocialButterfly the customer service was great and you pick it up at a warehouse called IBY oilfield llc. on 359 or Waller Ave. but it was called farm to market rd.

• @GetSocialButterfly

@@Modified1 I know exactly where that is located. Thank you!

• @Modified1

@GetSocialButterfly ok last thing I bought everything off of ebay

• @trevormiddleton2051
    @trevormiddleton2051 Před 2 měsíci +2

Good video but don't stick on weights go on at 6 o'clock not at 12:00??

• @Modified1

Lol, you can put them on whatever time you want!! Just kidding. This machine isn't complicated at all. It just tells you where to put the weight, nail on, or stick on both go straight up at 12. Thank you for leaving a comment it really helps my channel!!