silently rigging my Fujifilm X-H2S (shot on Fuji X-T5)

Sdílet
Vložit
  • čas přidán 4. 05. 2023
  • Silently rigging my XH2S, enjoy some nerd content. Description down below. If you have any specific questions about this setup let me know in the comments.
    ▬▬▬▬▬
    I'm using the Wooden Camera X-H2S Unified Accessory Base Kit. A Wooden Camera Tilt Monitor Hinge (3/8-16) for my SmallHD Indie 5 monitor, some Smallrig Parts including the Wooden Side Handle for better handheld shooting if i need to (I'll press the camera onto my chest and hold the weight with the smallrig Side Handle). The Fujinon MKX 18-55 T2.9 will benefit from a lens support, on this build i used one form Nitze. When I pull focus on my own I like to use my old Chrosziel Follow Focus. My ND-filters are the Moment VNDs
    On this build i don't use on camera audio, I'm using the Deity TC1 as a Timecode device to sync up to the sound mixer in post. It's secured on my rig with the Wooden Camera Universal Hot-Shoe with Arri locating pins.
    Overall I'm quite happy with the setup for smaller projects and shoots. If i would need to power more accessories I'd probably slap on a V-Mount battery and power everything with one big battery. I like to avoid unnecessary weight though. This is why i kept the rig as light as possible without sacrificing to much.
    This camera is not a cinema camera and that's why i'm not treating it like one, i just added stuff my shooting style benefits from. It's a little front heavy because of the lens, but most of the time it stays on my tripod anyways. I could easily fix this problem with a V-Mount in the back, but as I said i wanted to keep it as light as possible and it doesn't really bother me at all. This camera is most of the time used on passion projects anyways.
    ▬▬▬▬▬
    Gear used to film this video:
    ► Camera:
    Fujifilm XT5
    ► Lenses used:
    Fujinon XF 50-140 mm f2.8
    ► Audio:
    Deity S-Mic 2 into my Zoom H5, synced using Slate
    ▬▬▬▬▬
    (c) Jannick Konstroffer 2023
  • Krátké a kreslené filmy

Komentáře • 17

• @calvinmakesfilms
    @calvinmakesfilms Před 6 měsíci +1

Just switched to Fuji X from Nikon Z so this came at a great time, never rigged out a camera before but going to give it a shot over the coming months.

• @bobbleczar
    @bobbleczar Před rokem +3

Looks great. My only suggestion is maybe going for a V-Mount battery system rigged to the back so you can run the monitor and camera power from one battery. It makes swaps quicker on set. The top handle looks like its stressing from the load of the monitor with those NPF-970 batteries.

• @darenzd4939
      @darenzd4939 Před 10 měsíci +1

I've read this can cause issues with the HDMI port of the fuji camera, even fry it.

• @AtomicPixel
    @AtomicPixel Před rokem +1

Love it. That’s some serious gear! Just picked up an xh2 for this year.

• @StefanoFederici73
    @StefanoFederici73 Před rokem +2

With Fujinon 18-55! 😍

• @SKillTecX
    @SKillTecX Před rokem

I like

• @alexisferrenbach
    @alexisferrenbach Před 5 měsíci

Hello Jannick, was wondering if you could tell me the references from the mount of the monitor. Seems really convenient to use. Thanks

• @pierrelaporteeee
    @pierrelaporteeee Před 4 měsíci

mag das shirt ✨

• @zimmermanndirk
    @zimmermanndirk Před rokem +1

Der neugierige Gast ist der Brüller 😂

• @olivertrees
    @olivertrees Před 7 měsíci +1

Hybrid shooter (coming from XT4) and considering XT5 as a replacement for both photo and video. Do you find it particularly limiting compared to the Xtrans IV in the XH2S? Rolling shutter, low light, recording options, etc, anything in particular? Just wish the 6.2k option was in 3:2...

• @konstrofferpartnerfilm
      @konstrofferpartnerfilm  Před 7 měsíci +3

Every camera on the market right now produces beautiful images. Some are better tools for your jobs while others may suit my work better.
      In terms of image quality both are just incredible, but tbh even my old XT3 was. I just got the XH2S because of the recording options. ProRes was one of my main criteria. I like to work with the same codecs for my own fun projects as i do with my professional work. Flog2 was my second criteria.
      If you’re fine with the codec options and some of the crops you get with the recording settings it’s a valuable choice.
      I don’t think any modern camera is limiting me image quality wise. In the end it’s all on lighting, great ideas and some good glass. I only think the workflow these hybrid cameras provide can be limiting from time to time.

• @eldricarpilleda
    @eldricarpilleda Před 3 měsíci

make more videos of that cat

• @madfinntech
      @madfinntech Před 18 dny

Instantly from 3k views to 3mil views, guaranteed!

• @KevPow1998
    @KevPow1998 Před 2 měsíci

How does the X-T5 stack as a B cam to the XH2S? Debating on getting a second camera to replace my aging T3 but also want a smaller travel camera

• @konstrofferpartnerfilm
      @konstrofferpartnerfilm  Před 2 měsíci

It's a pretty good B-Cam, just make sure your workflow allows for h265 editing. I always take the XT5 with me as a lightweight travel camera. Can't go wrong with it.

• @KevPow1998
      @KevPow1998 Před 2 měsíci

@@konstrofferpartnerfilm Thanks for the answer!